Catapult Technology Employee Reviews

Hired the wrong type of crew for this work assignment
HR Asst. Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 19, 2017
This was a data entering type of assignment. My current job title at the time was HR Administrator.
Felt that they hired the wrong type of staff. A fellow HR associate and I did not fit the type of assignment offered. In result, we didn't last long.
Pros
Salary was fine
Cons
Wrong type of staff was hired
Short term contract
Systems Design Architect, Level II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 21, 2017
They do not invest in their employees. They do not keep in touch with you when you are on the site. They do not invest in their employees. There is really nothing more for me to say.
good experience.
Sr. Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 23, 2017
Good experience, worked for contract prior to catapult took over the contract. original contract with Optimus Corp. There was a lack of communication between the contractors on site and corporate. other than this it was OK.
benefits
Cons
work environment
Started out as a good small company but became larger and greedy after winning some key contracts
Director (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2017
Small company when I started. Helped them win approximately $350M in new work of the 7 years I was there. Once they got bigger they sold the company and let the middle managers go in order for senior leadership to make more money.
Pros
Great Small Company
Cons
Terrible Mid sized Company
Productivity work place
Senior Computer support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adelphi Laboratory Center, MDJuly 5, 2016
Answer phones, resolve tickets that have been assigned to me and followup on appointments I made with users.

I learn a lot when I do a research on a problem I cannot solve.

Some of my co-workers are good team players and some are not but I have learn to work with everybody.

The hardest part of the job is when I cannot get a solution to a customer's problem.

The most enjoyable part is when a customer is satisfied.
Pros
15 minutes break
Cons
need more support staff.
B Rating
Trainer/Senior Service Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
I give Catapult Technology a B rating.
Had to learn the politics as a contractor working with government employees.
Worked with BOR employees daily to make sure hardware/software was working correctly and gave on the spot training.
Contract was too short and was supposed to be longer
Team Lead/ Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 11, 2016
Weekly Resource Forecast Report
Weekly Contractor Team Status Report
Business Process Modeling (BPMN 2.0)
Modeling for Use Cases, Requirements, Data flow, and User Stories in EA.
Support efforts for CMMI-DEV Level 3 and DIACAP compliance.
Documentation for SharePoint Redesign
As-Is and To-Be modeling
Gather functional requirements for new and enhanced projects for the AMDB project portfolio.
Product and Vendor Validation
Requirements Analysis and design.
Pros
Good work Culture
Cons
No Customer Guidance
Great Place to Work
LEAD SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  VASeptember 7, 2015
Great leadership and learning environment. Co-workers communication is great, allows you to excel in projects. Very relaxed work atmosphere.
Catapult was a good company.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCMay 15, 2015
Never in my 10 years as an IT Specialist have I worked for a company (as a federal contractor) for 3.5 years, so it was good job security while it lasted. The benefits and company-sponsored events were fun but some events have been cancelled for the most part. They were originally a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (8a) and they reflected the thoughtful leadership of the original owner, Randy Slager. He had to retire but wanted to stay on the board of the new owner, DC Capital. Mark Hunker is now in charge of Catapult (2015).

I cannot vouch for what the current management, economic value, or status of the company with the government is other than to say they are in transition and may now be known as SC3 - with the combination of two other federal contractors. They moved their HQ from Bethesda, MD to Alexandria, VA to join all the other partners under DC Capital. They are considered a mid-level contractor now, so I was involved in a contract transition before I was laid off from a small team that worked well together, even under the new Prime contractor. They were good people as well.
Pros
Smart People, Excellent Co-workers, Good Cafeteria Benefit Plans, Pension plan - immediate vesting - at this time.
Cons
Defense politics, no Prime contract business, HR's lack of coordinated retension system.
Great & caring company to work for. Heart centered management & leadership impacts well being of employees.
Project Control Specialist/HR, GSA GITGO Project (Former Employee) –  7500 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda, MarylandMarch 26, 2015
I stayed with Catapult for more than 13 years because of their company values and workplace culture. Management has a genuine concern for their employees in developing and maximizing employees' potentials.
Pros
Team Building. Camaraderie. Management & Leadership with a heart
Cons
As a Government Contractor, restrictive work space in govt. facilities
A community style workplace and a true team environment.
Deskside Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 11, 2014
Constantly learning new technology and being challenged by different issues on a daily basis. I enjoy working as a team member and managing others as well. The hardest part of my job is adjusting to new learning styles and personalities. What I enjoy most about my job is being able to satisfy people by resolving problems and creating a comfortable and happy work place.
Pros
Lots of performance incentives and room for advancement.
Good Company
Sr. Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 4, 2014
Fair treatment of employees. Management visited at least one a year. HR listens to complaints and concerns. They did blow a lot of smoke trying to get people to stay. No room for advancement unless working in the headquarters blah blah blah blah blah
Great Experience
Lead File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Excellent way of learning new departments. I learned how to do the daily production report on time without hesitation. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach another person who wasn't really interested in learning the job they was assigned to learn. I enjoyed working for Catapult because I was able to advance quicker from a file clerk to an lead file clerk.
learning environment with potential to accelerate
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAAugust 28, 2014
Supportive environment where co-workers support each other.
Productive and beautiful work enviornment
NOC Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2014
There incentive program and education progam is next to noon beautiful people that has your best interest at heart.
Very understanding
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 2, 2014
Work schedule flexible
Co-workers are great
On the move 90% of the time
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long commute
Productive and fast paced
Site Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  GSA DCMarch 28, 2014
IT is a fast pace environment and you learn new things every day.Catapult was a great place to keep your job skills sharp.
Work at Government facility. Nice location
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2014
Everyday a work helping users onsite with their PC software and hardware issues.
Co-workers were good to work with. Co-workers were helpful in situations when you didn't know how solve problems.
Pros
.Good location to work
Cons
Benefits were at minimal
Enjoyed my time
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
Catapult was a great company. They pay a great salary with good benefits.
Catapult Tech
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 27, 2013
I did not work for this company for long. My impressions of the company is that it is a good company however I think that I worked on an awful contract for the company.