Catapult Technology

Catapult Technology Employee Reviews

Catapult was a good company.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Pentagon, DCMay 15, 2015
Pros: Smart People, Excellent Co-workers, Good Cafeteria Benefit Plans, Pension plan - immediate vesting - at this time.
Cons: Defense politics, no Prime contract business, HR's lack of coordinated retension system.
Never in my 10 years as an IT Specialist have I worked for a company (as a federal contractor) for 3.5 years, so it was good job security while it lasted. The benefits and company-sponsored events were fun but some events have been cancelled for the most part. They were originally a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (8a) and they reflected the thoughtful leadership of the original owner, Randy Slager. He had to retire but wanted to stay on the board of the new owner, DC Capital. Mark Hunker is now in charge of Catapult (2015).

I cannot vouch for what the current management, economic value, or status of the company with the government is other than to say they are in transition and may now be known as SC3 - with the combination of two other federal contractors. They moved their HQ from Bethesda, MD to Alexandria, VA to join all the other partners under DC Capital. They are considered a mid-level contractor now, so I was involved in a contract transition before I was laid off from a small team that worked well together, even under the new Prime contractor. They were good people as well.
Great & caring company to work for. Heart centered management & leadership impacts well being of employees.
Project Control Specialist/HR, GSA GITGO Project (Former Employee), 7500 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda, MarylandMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Team Building. Camaraderie. Management & Leadership with a heart
Cons: As a Government Contractor, restrictive work space in govt. facilities
I stayed with Catapult for more than 13 years because of their company values and workplace culture. Management has a genuine concern for their employees in developing and maximizing employees' potentials.
A community style workplace and a true team environment.
Deskside Support Analyst III (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of performance incentives and room for advancement.
Constantly learning new technology and being challenged by different issues on a daily basis. I enjoy working as a team member and managing others as well. The hardest part of my job is adjusting to new learning styles and personalities. What I enjoy most about my job is being able to satisfy people by resolving problems and creating a comfortable and happy work place.
Good Company
Sr. Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn, WADecember 4, 2014
Fair treatment of employees. Management visited at least one a year. HR listens to complaints and concerns. They did blow a lot of smoke trying to get people to stay. No room for advancement unless working in the headquarters blah blah blah blah blah
Great Experience
Lead File Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Excellent way of learning new departments. I learned how to do the daily production report on time without hesitation. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach another person who wasn't really interested in learning the job they was assigned to learn. I enjoyed working for Catapult because I was able to advance quicker from a file clerk to an lead file clerk.
learning environment with potential to accelerate
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAAugust 28, 2014
Supportive environment where co-workers support each other.
Productive and beautiful work enviornment
NOC Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 22, 2014
There incentive program and education progam is next to noon beautiful people that has your best interest at heart.
Very understanding
Asset Management Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: long commute
Work schedule flexible
Co-workers are great
On the move 90% of the time
Productive and fast paced
Site Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee), GSA DCMarch 28, 2014
IT is a fast pace environment and you learn new things every day.Catapult was a great place to keep your job skills sharp.
Work at Government facility. Nice location
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2014
Pros: .good location to work
Cons: benefits were at minimal
Everyday a work helping users onsite with their PC software and hardware issues.
Co-workers were good to work with. Co-workers were helpful in situations when you didn't know how solve problems.
Enjoyed my time
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2014
Catapult was a great company. They pay a great salary with good benefits.
Catapult Tech
Server Administrator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDDecember 27, 2013
I did not work for this company for long. My impressions of the company is that it is a good company however I think that I worked on an awful contract for the company.
N/A
Deskside Support (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 11, 2013
 Public Trust Clearance
 Image laptops using Ghost client
 Remote into clients computer to troubleshoot and solve complex issues using
Bomgar
 Track and resolves tickets using Unicenter ServicePlus Service Desk
 Create and manage accounts using NETIQ (similar to active directory)
 Create and manage computers using NETIQ
 Provision and manage VOIP phones using Cisco Unified Provisioning Manager
 Working knowledge of XP, Vista, and Win 7
 Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Lotus Notes, Google Gmail.
 Demonstrating experience moving, installing, configuring end user computers in
an Enterprise IT environment
 Maintaining Operating Systems within an Enterprise IT Environment
 Detail oriented and able to precisely follow documented procedure
 Working as member of integrated project team to deploy and upgrade over
multiple information systems at many offices throughout the United States
 Performing desktop, mail, and user data migrations with 0% loss of information
 Providing Tier 1, 2, & 3 Help Desk support to resolve user issues with custom
applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows XP Professional, peripherals,
internet and network connectivity
 Conducting hard drive analysis, firmware upgrades and secure configuration of
systems’ BIOS
 Configuring issued Gov’t mobile devices such as Blackberries, Droids, & Apple products.
 Troubleshoot complex network printer and local printer issues.
Contractor work
Help Desk Technician Level II (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short term, company closed
I was hired on as a contractor. The company shut down after three months
Field Site Support, 11 locations throughout NW/SE DC
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: ability to plan and scedule your day
Cons: very little time, long commute
Having multiple field locations to support, your day is very busy. I work out of SW DC but reside in NW. We have a Nationwide Service Desk to assist the initial call/ticket. Unresolved tickets are then routed to the local support buildings tech's and field admin for troubleshooting to resolution. Currently supporting 300 plus GSA end users on my own including: White House, USSS, State Dept, Navy Hill, St Elizabeth Campus (SE), & Bolling N / AFB. Everyday brings something new, resulting in all ascepts of PC maintenance and troubleshooting -Imaging, AD, VPN deskside/remote support & Customer Service.

Looking to acquire a career closer to home in the Fort Meade or surrounding area. Currently reside in Anne Arundel County MD.
Nice environment
Program Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJune 13, 2013
Pros: treat the employees fairly, excellent benefits
When you work for Catapult you feel like part of the family even though you are only there for the duration of the contract. They treat their employees fairly.
Excellent company, but not involved in daily activities and environment.
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: unstable environment and office space unsuitable
Job duties were rewarding and beneficial to country. Work and co-workers were compatible. Not enough work to stay busy and none was available from other sources. Government contracts pay well, but otherwise sketchy. Enjoyed work and environment prior to Catapult's association with newly-formed primary contract holder.
Contracting company
Contractor (Former Employee), Denver Federal CenterMarch 17, 2013
This environment was very professional and coworkers were very outgoing fun people. This was an IT desktop position so I had lots of customer interaction.
Up and coming company who allows you to leave work at work when you leave
Helpdesk Technician / Knowledge Manager (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: the ability to learn about all types of hardware / software
This was a great experience. I met lots of people from all over the company, in all types of positions. In the role that I was in, you were truly able to leave there, and leave work at work, and not bring it home with you in the evenings. I only left in order to advance in my career and get out of a helpdesk environment. I would definitely work for them again!
Solid company to work
Sr. Data analyst/ Team lead (Current Employee), Washington DCMarch 2, 2013
Pros: stable, helpful co-worker, balancing work/life
Cons: lack of support from top executives, less opportunity
Catapult is solid company to work for; challenging task, helpful co-workers and balancing work/life. My only concern is lack of support from top executives and less compensation. I hope they listen more to their employees, rather than clients. Overall, it is solid company to work for if you are looking for stable job, balancing work/life and friendly co-worker.