Catastrophe Management Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Fast pace Insurance center
Customer Service Representative/Claims processor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 4, 2015
I loved CMS. I stayed busy answering phone and processing claims. Management were very helpful and informative. I mostly enjoyed helping the customer resolve issues and give them a piece of mind
Fluctuating and fast-paced work environment.
Coordinated and Frontline Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 11, 2015
Working at CMS, I've learned how to work in a fast-paced work environment with challenging hours. I've learned how to conform to quick changes in scheduling within short notice. A typical day at work consist of processing daily reports, following up with the insurance adjusters, and assisting team leads during busy periods.
Productive workplace that helps people in their time of need.
Insurance Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHFebruary 7, 2015
A typical work day at CMS consist of filing claims for customers. I take approximately five to ten calls per hour for twelve hours. I've learned that you can never take anything for granted. My co-workers are very friendly people. The hardest part of my job is taking calls that involves death. The most enjoyable part of my job is processing the claims for customers so that they will be a step closer to getting back to their normal life.
Pros
overtime
Cons
the job is seasonal
Very Productive and Professional work environment. I would recommend working here.
Team Assist/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHNovember 10, 2014
A typical day at CMS was always productive. Management was very professional and easy to relate to. I learned a great deal of good information here, not only to apply to the job but also great things i could take with me and apply to my future. I also met some great co-workers that always helped the time go by easily. This job I would recommend to anyone looking to start a career in the insurance field. I find nothing hard about the job, but it does require that you retain a excessive amount of information.
Pros
great pay, good management.
Cons
strict on dress code, job security.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Technology Operations (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 3, 2014
There was no such thing as a typical day at work, you may start in one department in the morning and have a new assignment by end of business. I learned how to pick up on new tasks quickly, take efficient notes, pay close attention to details, and give instructions in a easily understandable way. I enjoyed my management because they encouraged me to take ownership of my projects. I loved the group that I trained because they taught me the importance of time management and structure. The hardest part of the job was mastering a new project at any given time, because this was so challenging it was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
flexible lunch schedule.
Cons
at times there are alot of employees.
Good missioin
Claims Processor/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHSeptember 30, 2014
CMS is a great place to work for, but your employment is on a contingent basis. This means that when and if there is a severe weather situation in places where the client serves, then we would generate calls, or work. If that does not happen, then one would be waiting on training classes to become available, which are paid. Otherwise, the atmosphere is relaxing and very cooperative. The managers/supervisors are friendly and patient and always there to help out with struggles. They understand the type of job we do is difficult and they accommodate us as best as possible.
Pros
wonderful atmospher
Cons
continous work is not promised
It was steady job help clients
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 31, 2015
I love help the clients and some of my co workers very hard working individuals. There was no days off you worked everyday.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
no benfits high stress environment.
I loved it! We were there to help people that were affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 30, 2014
I helped people in the area that was hit by Hurricane Sandy. We worked 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days, it was fast paced and fun.
I learned how to dispatch insurance agents to hurricane heavy hit areas.
Management was excellent! They were helpful and understanding with personal and work related issues.
My co-workers were awesome! We worked as a team and got the job done quickly. Interaction was great and we became friends.
Leaving it, but it was a large hire, and then a large lay off once the job was completed.
Working in a cubicle with ten jovial people.
Pros
helping people, plenty of breaks, and my co-workers.
Cons
so many hours and the close proximity to so many people caused an outbreak of the flu.
Friendly workplace without job security
Clerical and secretarial duties (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 13, 2013
Office workplace. Without a catastrophe or natural disaster, work is limited and downsizing leaves room for minimal workers. With a catastrophe or disaster the hours are plentiful. Decent pay for the work performed. Temporary positions provide no job security. Job tasks require experience with Microsoft Office and Windows. On the job training is possible.
Pros
high pay for amount of work required
Cons
temporary positions with short notice lay offs
Wonderful work place
Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlMay 25, 2012
A typical day at work was great and went by smoothly. I learned how to process insurance claims and use Word Processing and Dest Top. The managment was great and very helpful. My co-workers were laid by and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was being away from my daughter and missing her T-ball games. The most enjoyable part was putting my headphones on, going into my own world and doing my job.
Pros
meeting life long friends
Cons
working 7days a week
Not so great
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OhioJune 28, 2012
Hook, line and sinker. DO NOT FALL for the bait. They give a 'teaser' of 3 days paid training at an insane amount. Sure you are going to sign up for that -right? Before you can go to training you need to sign that contract, that no compete form. That is going to limit what you can do for the next 24 months after you leave this company.
This company has NO heath insurance and a 401k that matches after a year? (maybe longer). So basically no benefits. You are placed in an 'on call' pool and you can have no work or constant work. This is great if you don't have bills, daycare to schedule, or a life to plan.
Overall, run - don't walk from this one.
Pros
quick cash from training sessions
Cons
everything else
Extremely boring.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 24, 2012
You basically sit in front of a computer for eleven hours a day. I learned a little about insurance. Management was not very pleasant. They constantly walked around hovering over everyone to make sure we weren't even making eye contact! Hardest part was just having to sit and stare at a computer screen for so long. Only enjoyable thing was that the actual tasks you are given are very simple.
Pros
work is very easy.
Cons
long periods of just staring at a computer screen. (eleven hours a day)
Great company to work for
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 23, 2013
We process homeowner & automobile claims when catastrophe storms occur. The work is very rewarding and talking the customers to help them in the mist of a crisis is the best experience of all. Everyday makes you feel like you are making a difference when you can help them and process these claims. As I said before, this is a great job!
Pros
the rewarding experience of processing claims for people in need
Cons
work is 7 days a week, 12 hours a day
Productive, but fun environment
Insurance Claim Processor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 24, 2013
Management and employees were very knowledgeable of the job process. My coworkers and I were able to work efficiently and have fun at the same time. I learned that teamwork can be a wonderful thing. Adversely, the work days would be 10-13 hours per day for 6-7 days per week when insurance claims were coming in. Once the volume of claims dropped, so would the hours. I have worked as little as 2 days per week, 7-9 hours per day. Layoffs could occur at any time for this same reason, so there was little to no security. There was no opportunity to obtain health insurance benefits.
Pros
adequate compensation, overtime available, advancement opportunities
Cons
no benefits offered, frequent layoffs, 7-day work weeks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TxApril 24, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating work customers and helping them resolve their issues daily. A typical day at work is when phones are ringing consistantly after each phone call and making sure the task is completed in a timely manner.Overall it was helpful and professional. By working at their I have advanced my skills adn developed more skills.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
short breaks
Met some of the NICEST people there
Adjuster Buddy (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 30, 2012
A typical day at work for an adjuster buddy was copying information from one screen to another, then emailing it to claims adjusters. I loved the work. It isn't hard, just repetitive-but I love repetition, so, for me, it was great! I had a really, really nice, and extremely patient team lead. I could ask the same question several times and he never seemed irritated. He said he realized it would take a while to catch on to the procedure. I learned how to use excel. My co-workers were the nicest people on the planet. The job was not hard, but the hours can be extremely looooong; 7am-7pm 7 days a week. Some weekends you work 7 or 8 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and working in a very laid-back environment.
Pros
overtime
Cons
assignments don't last long for adjuster buddies
12 hours a day in front of a computer. Need I say more.?
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, Al.July 23, 2012
Basically you are given the task of processing claims that the insured calls in, in the event of a major storm. (Home owners insurance) It is a very laid back job. temp. work. Not a very fun environment. Hardest part was staying awake. Most enjoyable was being in a quiet environment.
Pros
quiet working environment.
Cons
temporary job, long hours in front of a computer.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHDecember 21, 2013
My day would star off by taking calls from people who had damage to their property. I would enter the information into the system ask questions to make sure if was very thorough so when the next department received the information they did not to call the customer back to ask questions. I learned what's covered under certain insurance plans and what' s not covered and you're not specific when you get insurance. The management is great I am one of the people that they call right off if they need some people to work. When you work with people they tend to grow on you so it's like working with family. The hardest part of the job would be working 12-hour days seven days a week for about eight weeks straight. The job itself is enjoyable just helping other people out.
Pros
getting a raise due to the demand of people needing help.
Cons
the company not having work all year round only seasonal.
exciting and competive
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2015
I learned new ways as to doing insurance processing and connecting with the adjusters. I also learned that customers with prior years claims had to have the claims attached to the current years claim.
Interesting and rewarding place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 18, 2012
Professional work environment. Supervisors are very helpful and attentive to the needs of the employees. Advanced training is available. Co-workers are very friendly and everyone gets along.
Pros
every day brings different calls. people are very gracious.
Cons
work is seasonal

2.7