Catawba Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

excellent place to work
medical technologists (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 3, 2016
Catawba was a very professional place to work. There were incentives for school and to go the extra mile. Employees were appreciated and allowed to enjoy coming to work knowing things would not be pulled out from under them or taken away with no explanation.
Pros
free lunches, professional award system, ability to advance. trained students
Cons
Some employees attendance were not good, and as a supervisor I was constantly finding replacements usually on the phlebotomy level.
Absolutely loved this job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 28, 2016
A typical day was very busy. There was always something to do. I learned a lot from my experiences with not only medical issues but also from my patients in general. My co-workers were wonderful.
its not that bad of a place to work but not that good either.
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, NCMarch 22, 2016
if you want to deal with drunks and Involuntary patients all the time its the job for you. Management will not talk or help you with the things that need to be changed.
Pros
the police department is laid back for sure.
Cons
it depends on which rotation is working weather you get help or not.
Magnet award winning healthcare hospital
Pre Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 2, 2015
I am proud to say that I served as a part of such an astonishing establishment as Catawba Valley Medical Center. At CVMC, you were not just another employee- you were family. And, Catawba treat everyone as family- both employees and patients the same. I am thankful for the experience that I had to serve with CVMC.
Pros
Employee health programs, great health insurance benefits, employee service awards/recognition just to name a few
Cons
There are no jobs available here in South Carolina to transfer from CVMC.
Fun place to work
Nuclear Medicine Tech (Former Employee) –  Nuclear MedicineAugust 31, 2015
Fun place to work. Treated employees well. Gave cafeteria discounts to employees. Decent benefits. Always had up to date equipment and kept it in great running condition.
Pros
Cafeteria discounts
Great place to work, great people to work with
CCU Charge Nurse / Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 9, 2015
4-time Magnet hospital with staff at the forefront to care for patients and their families. Management always has an open ear to staff suggestions. Catawba Valley Medical Center operates solely on Evidence Based Practice.
Efficient and accurate specimen collection
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 7, 2015
I've worked here and learned the proper techniques to collect specimens. Typical day at work, I come into work and stock my cart ready for the nights work. Working weekends on 3rd shift, there is only another person and myself who has the responsibility to draw blood on a timely matter. This include ER to all the hospital levels 1-7. Co-workers are awesome plus I'm an easy person to get along with. Hardest part of the day is knowing you have a hard patient to draw from. But, it's also the most enjoyable because we're able to collect the specimen knowing our duties will save the person life.
Overall an excellent employer
ED Chart Analyst/Reimbursement Manager (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 27, 2015
I loved working at the hospital for over 10 years. The last couple of years were very difficult because of many changes in the organization. I loved my co-workers and I got along well with everyone. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to help elderly people get to the department they needed to go to. They were always so sweet and appreciative. It's also one of the hardest parts of the job because the patients might be in the ER struggling to hold on to life or the saddest is when elderly are there and have no family members or friends with them. I enjoyed working at the hospital.

I can share more if you would like either by telephone or in person. Thank you.
Pros
Reduced lunch prices in cafeteria, nice bonuses, education readily available and paid for if needed, overall the HR dept. did excellent job with employees.
Cons
Many work areas are not adequate for working in for 8 to 12 hours a day, Having to be very close to radiation machines all day is scary also
Enjoyed the atomosphere where I was able to help others
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 16, 2015
While working in the heath care profession I was able to assist others with preventative/ restorative care in their lives and the lives of their loved ones. I enjoyed bringing a since of completeness to the individuals I cared for.. I learned that every scenario is always different no matter how similar the cases may be. Not all employees are there necessarily for the best interest of the people they were to service, but I could make a difference. Management was there to make sure all individuals were serviced with the best intentions, and remember to do the job always with a smile. One of the hardest parts of the job was the census we had to follow, if their was not enough patients then workers would be either put on call or call off work for their shift. In my opinion the most enjoyable part of the employment was seeing positive personal growth for the individuals and their families no matter the situation.
Pros
Ability to assist with positive personal growth of individuals mental and physical health
Cons
Some employees were not there for the positive growth of the individual, some employees needed training in people skills
Overall good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 12, 2015
I worked for this company twice and learned a lot of the skills I still use today there. I had great coworkers that pulled together as a team to get things done. I was in a position where I had no growth potential and was a bit disappointed in the management at the time

Want to know more about Catawba Valley Medical Center?

Ask a question
Good employer
customer service (Current Employee) –  hickory, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Overall a good place to work. Good benefits, affordable insurance. I have always felt blessed to work here. However, in my department management was lousy and there is absolutely no room for advancement.
Excellent place to work
Radiology Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 2, 2014
I worked for CVMC for 12 years and truly enjoyed every minute of it. I would work here again if I ever moved back to the area.
Catawba Valley Medical Center
NAII (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 29, 2014
I Really enjoyed working at CVMC. I woorked as a CNA II. I learned that teamwork is key.
Magnet Hospital 4 Years in a Row
Emergency Room Registered Nurse, Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 28, 2014
Magnet Hospital that encourages education and certifications.
Pros
close to drive
Cons
receive lunch at 2:30 pm most days due to patient load
CVMC is a great place to work!
CNA I (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed helping out patients with their day to day needs. Co-workers are wonderful people to be around, an overall good place.
Education with cancer patient's!
CNA/Radiation Therapy (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 11, 2014
Over all seeing patient's in an environment to help them with the word cancer and feeling good always when you have a success case!
Security Analyst, HIPAA Implementation Group (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 29, 2014
There are some great teams in CVMC to work with and a great city to live in.
Pros
good team players
Cons
spotty communication
Enjoyed working here very much
Medical Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Had a great supervisor to work for and a wonderful manager
Learned a lot about the Library system and computer searching
Loved working here because of the opportunity to work one on one with people
Pros
the hospital is a good place of employment
Cons
nothing
Overall a well functioning hospital.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 1, 2013
CVMC is a very clean hospital with for the most part a friendly staff. The ER has a seemingly sluggish turnaround but maintains a busy schedule. I enjoy working in the imaging department with my coworkers. They are all nice to work with always willing to lend a hand not only to me but others as well.
Friendly community hospital
Registration (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 1, 2013
Great benefits and friendly staff. Management seems to have best interest of employees in mind.

4.4