Caterpillar
1,117 reviews

Caterpillar Employer Reviews

A fast paced manufacturing facility.
Weld Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 27, 2015
I have learned a lot from my experience at Cat while working on Projects and creating processes. Creating better standard work and six sigma and 5s initiatives.
NEED TO BE ABLE TO MULTI TASK
Facilities Director of Maintenance / (Current Employee), Williston, NDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: company truck/nice office.& new bldg
Cons: long hours with no end in sight
DAYS START @ 4AM WITH OPENING FACILITY 7 INSURING SHOP IS 100% PRODUCTION FUNCTIONAL..LEARN TEAM WORK.&.ABILITY TO GUIDE ENTIRE MAINTENANCE CREW ON & OFF SITE..COLD IS THE MOST DIFFICULT PART OF JOB DEALING WITH STAYING PRODUCTIVE IN TEMPS IN MINUS DIGITS..
Labor Strife and dependency on Mining limits growth
Order-To-Delivery Corporate Intern (Former Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 21, 2015
While quite a stable company, Caterpillar is overly dependent upon the mining which limits growth potential. As a result losses in the global mining economy results in large changes in Caterpillar business.
Lots of bureaucracy at middle management level
Senor R&D Engineer (Current Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Promotion is based on your connection instead of merit or contribution.

Salary is ok. But you know Peoria right?

Good life work balance if you work in research area.
Fun workplacr
Sr. Datastage Developer (Former Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Caterpillar Inc., is an American organization which outlines, produces, markets and offers hardware, motors, monetary items and protection to clients by means of an overall merchant network. Caterpillar is the world's driving maker of development and mining gear, diesel and characteristic gas motors, mechanical gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
corporate values
Sales and Rental Representative (Current Employee), virginiaFebruary 18, 2015
great company but has little care on employee values. with the company of its size they overlook at the local level which hurts.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pay ok
Cons: hours
worked 12 hours a day 6-7 days a week to met production for the end of the year. After catching up they let some of the new hires go.
was a great place to work
Assembler Class (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 18, 2015
work with co-workers to pick and store parts take parts to dichtrains load and un load parts from trucks. Like working with co-workers
Great company to work for
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: company's financial strength
Cons: location in a small city
It is a great company to work on construction, mining, and engine industry. Compensation and benefit is good for living in a small city in middle-west.
Clean and safety oriented place to work.
Material Planner (Logistics) (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Caterpillar was by far the best company that I have ever workeed for. The environment was climate controlled and they were completely dedicated to safety first. The people that I met were great and seemed to enjoy workinh there.
Quick stop
Metal Specialist II (Former Employee), Montgmetry, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: big name
Cons: no future
The company does not care for employees. Production and numbers are the only thing they care for. There is limited future unless one like being laid off.
Great Pay, Advancement and Work Climate
Valves Manager (Current Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Fast Paced enviroment managing employees in production operations. People engagement must be inspired to keep up with work load and support teams
Epitome of TQM
Section Manager, Level 3 (Current Employee), Sanford, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Caterpillar walks the walk and talks the talk. Used Caterpillar as a case study in graduate school which compelled me to pursue employment with the big yellow enterprise. Very satisfied and would recommend to anyone.
Conservative
Project Manager - Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2015
Great company to work for, the culture of "Safety first" & EMP engagement is transparent.
Very stable & conservative company
Caterpillar Inc.
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: stip
Cons: career opportunities
Caterpillar is a strong company financially. I have enjoyed my work at Cat, especially the people I work with. However, I want to relocate outside of Peoria, IL which makes my career options rather limited.
New Management/Trainers
Welder (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay is okay
Cons: management
Overall not a bad company to work for. They are very big on safety and quality. However, the management and trainers are absolutely horrible. I was just as clueless about my job when I quit as I was on day one.
Okay place to work, Best benefits in the area
CNC Machinist 3 (Current Employee), Wamego, KSFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: excellent 401k, health insurance and breaks
Cons: safety program, management, advancement
Hours are great, overtime potential, benefits best in the area. The community is great, however housing costs are expensive. Safety program to intense.
Not there anymore
CNC Operator/Set-up (Former Employee), Decatur, ILFebruary 9, 2015
It was easy work most days. The people that hire other employees didn't pick the best ones to do the jobs but we got things done.
enjoyed the job and people I worked with. I liked the hours I worked.
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Griffin, GAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the enviroment and co-workers.
Cons: working for impact paychecks were messed up.
The job was not hard and close to home.I worked 6 days aweek at first, the overtime was good. We got got up and slowed down to 4-10 days. 3 day weekends were nice.
Very unstable place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILFebruary 5, 2015
You are just a number. There is alot of unknown with this company. When you went to work, you weren't sure it would be your last day, or if you were going to be laid off. I felt very insecure in this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Caterpillar

For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities – Read more