Cathay Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A diverse company
Assistant Vice President, T and D (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 14, 2016
A Chinese owned and predominantly operated bank. 500+ employees and growing. I really don't have much to say about this company.
Asian Bank Equals Asian Pay
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 7, 2015
I don't have anything to compare my current job to however from what I hear from my other co-workers who have found similar jobs at other banks Cathay Bank truly underpays their workers for a larger work load.
Great work environment
Loan Review Officer (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAOctober 19, 2014
I have earned a great deal about businesses and commercial loans.
I have a very understanding manager that continues to coach me on a daily basis. There are many types of loans that I continue to learn from.
No advancement what so ever
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 16, 2014
try to avoid this place, there is no advancement. Boring people and culture is terrible. Mostly middle aged chinese women employees
Great Community Bank
Financial Service Representative and Teller (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 5, 2014
The people in Cathay Bank are very nice, the working environment is also nice.
Pros
make me grow
Support Team
Support Team (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CASeptember 3, 2014
Worked with some great people where I was able to utilize and share my skills as well as observe and learn some new skills while working with others.
Pros
people i worked with, hours, working independent and with a team
Cons
health care, job duties were not always clear
Rating based as a Temporary Employee
Imaging Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 21, 2014
Perm Employee qualifies for benefits and other programs & events. Temporary employees are considered similar to outcasts and does not qualify for any benefits and cannot participate in any events. With that said, there are those that have been here for over 20+ years and are fine with the culture.
Pros
perm employee gets benefits and able to participate in events, not much layoffs here.
Cons
don't be a temporary or a contractor. temp to hire is difficult.
good bank
Operation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Temple City, CAMay 17, 2014
I doing the back office work, kind of paper work, checking report, and Cashier's checks signature, and other things, too. I like to relocate to Boise to rejoin my family and friends.
Fun workplace, great coworkers, great boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 18, 2014
Moderate workload. Learned how to do every administrative duties. Co-workers are fun and cooperative.
Great company
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Very Loyal to employees.I enjoyed all my co workers and customers. I appreciated all the benefits and respect the company provided me
N/a
Currency Transaction Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 13, 2013
Verified and processed Currency Transaction Report forms received from the branches and forwarded required forms to the IRS weekly. Used related tools to prevent fraud and identity theft losses. Efficiently Monitored Currency Transaction Control Logs. Ensured that the databases are effectively provided only those situations that are truly suspicious. Reviewed Risk Management database reports for compliance and fraud prevention and reported all suspicious activities.
Sr QA Analyst
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  St LouisJune 27, 2013
Accenture Election System Manager (AESM) is comprehensive software designed to manage many different election processes. Such processes include voter registration, absentee and early voting, polling place and election management including contests, candidates and campaigns. AESM was developed by Accenture edemocracy Services, a company that delivers strategic planning, state -of- art- e-voting applications, online consultations, creative voter engagement campaigns, election reform program management, voter registration and election management solutions, and voting system implementation services.
Responsibilities: including QA are as follows
Reviewed Business Requirement and Software Specification Requirements to achieve better understanding of the QAT.
Captured requirements as use cases and Use Cases models. Involved in preparing the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
Generated GUI Maps for the application using Win Runners rapid Test Script. Extensively used TSL to check the functionality of the application.
Supported new feature development, including integration with external data providers via web services (SOAP).

Technologies: Win Runner 7.5, TSL Script, Test Director 8.0, SQL, SOAP, .Net, Visual Basic, HTML, HP Server, SQL Server, Linux, and Windows XP
Good Stable
no culture
don't like it there
工作環境緊張
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2012
此工作典型的一天只有一個Teller 工作一整天,沒有其他人員能cover lunch time and break time.但是能學到解決客人帳戶問題。
Pros
顧客至上
Cons
每年參加社區活動