Cathay Bank Employee Reviews

Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 2, 2017
It provided a lot of requirements to their employees to reach its goals. I enjoyed that and I was able to accomplish the tasks that were assigned by my managements.
Cultural working environment. Banking caters to Asian community.
Bank Teller (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMarch 28, 2017
A cultural shock working for this bank, since most of their customers are Asian. The management here was intimidating and direct, can not expect to grow within the branch.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Management was not helpful
Many learning opportunities
Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Cathay Bank employs many people from temp agencies with opportunity to become permanent. The employees welcoming and knowledgable of their work which helps with continuos learning opportunities. Management gives their employees a lot of space as long as work gets done.
Great Company
VP Operations and Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple City, CAJanuary 17, 2017
This was a great company to work for. Great cultural experience. Very fast pace but some of the best people to work with. Great management team.
Great for first job experience.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CADecember 26, 2016
Great and helpful coworkers. Long hours and not enough room for advancement. It's good to get some work experience, but there's really not enough room for advancement.
Friendly working environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 13, 2016
Branch staff are very nice and patient to both customer and colleagues. The teller job there is not just about doing transactions, but also some office work just as prepare statements and reports.
management is not good
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2016
They need to improve the way they manage the branch. The manager is very bossy and not appreciate employees.
Cathay Bank needs to upgrade the system. Its still a very old traditional bank,
Good environment for someone that is beginning their career
Auditor I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2016
Good work environment for a developing individual, but few opportunities for career advancement. Overall, learned how various environments operated and have been able to interact with great people that are making strides on advancing the world. Learned how to communicate with different levels of personnel.
A diverse company
Assistant Vice President, T and D (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 14, 2016
A Chinese owned and predominantly operated bank. 500+ employees and growing. I really don't have much to say about this company.
Good Bank for Chinese Community
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYFebruary 4, 2016
This is a typical Asian Bank in Chinese community. Customers are always first . Employees works in a very good environment. They are also very nice and friendly to every customers.

Want to know more about Cathay Bank?

Ask a question
Asian Bank Equals Asian Pay
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 7, 2015
I don't have anything to compare my current job to however from what I hear from my other co-workers who have found similar jobs at other banks Cathay Bank truly underpays their workers for a larger work load.
Great work environment
Loan Review Officer (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAOctober 19, 2014
I have earned a great deal about businesses and commercial loans.
I have a very understanding manager that continues to coach me on a daily basis. There are many types of loans that I continue to learn from.
No advancement what so ever
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAOctober 16, 2014
try to avoid this place, there is no advancement. Boring people and culture is terrible. Mostly middle aged chinese women employees
Great Community Bank
Financial Service Representative and Teller (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYSeptember 5, 2014
The people in Cathay Bank are very nice, the working environment is also nice.
Pros
make me grow
Support Team
Support Team (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CASeptember 3, 2014
Worked with some great people where I was able to utilize and share my skills as well as observe and learn some new skills while working with others.
Pros
People I worked with, hours, working independent and with a team
Cons
Health care, Job duties were not always clear
Rating based as a Temporary Employee
Imaging Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMay 21, 2014
Perm Employee qualifies for benefits and other programs & events. Temporary employees are considered similar to outcasts and does not qualify for any benefits and cannot participate in any events. With that said, there are those that have been here for over 20+ years and are fine with the culture.
Pros
Perm employee gets benefits and able to participate in events, not much layoffs here.
Cons
Don't be a temporary or a contractor. Temp to hire is difficult.
good bank
Operation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Temple City, CAMay 17, 2014
I doing the back office work, kind of paper work, checking report, and Cashier's checks signature, and other things, too. I like to relocate to Boise to rejoin my family and friends.
Fun workplace, great coworkers, great boss
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAApril 18, 2014
Moderate workload. Learned how to do every administrative duties. Co-workers are fun and cooperative.
Great company
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Very Loyal to employees.I enjoyed all my co workers and customers. I appreciated all the benefits and respect the company provided me
N/a
Currency Transaction Report Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CASeptember 13, 2013
Verified and processed Currency Transaction Report forms received from the branches and forwarded required forms to the IRS weekly. Used related tools to prevent fraud and identity theft losses. Efficiently Monitored Currency Transaction Control Logs. Ensured that the databases are effectively provided only those situations that are truly suspicious. Reviewed Risk Management database reports for compliance and fraud prevention and reported all suspicious activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cathay Bank. Our community is ready to answer.