CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS Employee Reviews in United States

own business
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Small business company and company mainly is doing racing car engine business and parts for people who are love to rebuild engine, located in Los Angeles CA.
MY personality
Cargo Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
I am very easy going to Don't let things get to me or bother me. I am fair and like to make sure everyone is enjoying there work
Pros
5 star company
Cons
only 1 flight a day not much room for advancement
Hard and difficult
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong International Airport (Hong Kong)August 17, 2015
Full of challenge and unpredictable. Need to solve the problem alone without full support from the management. Team work is the crucial in working at the airport
great workplace and great cowrokers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 17, 2015
wonderful workplace to improve customer service skill and build a team work skill. Fun work place with supportive management.
Great travel benifit, great uniform,fun job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2014
Flying from LA to HK 3-4 times a month can be very challenge and tiring, however,if you love travel and love to explore culture difference, this is a great company to work for. This is a lifestyle more than just a job!
Pros
good benefit in general plus travel benefit, contact with diversity of people
Hiring preference
n/a (Former Employee) –  sfoDecember 12, 2012
Cathay pacific is known for age discrimination, and now it's carrying its adverse culture to sfo.
Have you ever seen a flight attedent workng for cathay is over age 45?

It's againt the law in the united states to screen out the candidates who are "not young enough" for the airline.

Asian employers has the tendency to keep out the older working force for company's best interests.

Comment – December 16, 2012

I am a Asian, and I agree, then in Asian country it's really worst. Glad that I live in US.

Comment – July 12, 2013

That is not true. True that they would be more likely hire younger people due to the intense flying patterns and other reasons, which most asian airlines are likely to do as well. However, you would still get hired no matter how old you are if you have experience (especially if you had been flight attendant before). We have people get hired in their 40s almost every time when they were recruiting people. And I have never heard any older employees expressed the Company trying to kick them out.

small office environment, excellent ethics and great people to work for and with
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I love the Cathay work ethic and core values. Advancement is difficult in the same office due to the size. Hard to move in such a small environment. Cathay itself is huge great if you are willing to relocate. I would definitely go back if a higher position opens up.
good teamwork among employees
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lautau IslandNovember 25, 2014
Good to have international exposure to gain customer service skills. Excellent teamwork among crew members in working environment.
A straight from the heart sevice
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARMay 21, 2015
In cathay pacific airways our daily routine is we have a briefing for the overview of the flight. We are randomly assigned in the different sectors of the operation. We can be assigned as counter agent where passenger check-in their luggages and their travel documents are reviewed. At the boarding gate we are assigned to assist the passenger for their boarding process.. I learned in this work that we should work with diplomacy, I should give a high quality of service that goes beyond he expectations of our passenger, that I need to be focused and efficient in my job.
The management give us the training that we need for us to be engaged in the worklace.
My co- workers are approachable and always present if I seek help. The most hardest part of the job if there is a flight disruption because we need to explain th ereaso of the disruption, assist all the protection for the connecting flights of our passenger.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I interact with my passengers, I meet different nationality, culture, different kinds of passengers,. My personality really boost in this job. I learned not to be intimidated to any passenger as long as Im doing the right job. Not to discriminate everyone. And lastly when my passenger leaves my counter with a smile, because I know to myself that I gave them the satisfaction
Good Experience
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 15, 2014
Learned Ramp Management and Aircraft Loading Management.
Pros
experience
Cons
late night hours