CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS

CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS Employer Reviews

good teamwork among employees
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Lautau IslandNovember 25, 2014
Good to have international exposure to gain customer service skills. Excellent teamwork among crew members in working environment.
Good Experience
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Newark, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: late night hours
Learned Ramp Management and Aircraft Loading Management.
small office environment, excellent ethics and great people to work for and with
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I love the Cathay work ethic and core values. Advancement is difficult in the same office due to the size. Hard to move in such a small environment. Cathay itself is huge great if you are willing to relocate. I would definitely go back if a higher position opens up.
HIRING PREFERENCE
n/a (Former Employee), sfoDecember 12, 2012
CATHAY PACIFIC IS KNOWN FOR AGE DISCRIMINATION, AND NOW IT'S CARRYING ITS ADVERSE CULTURE TO SFO.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FLIGHT ATTEDENT WORKNG FOR CATHAY IS OVER AGE 45?

IT'S AGAINT THE LAW IN THE UNITED STATES TO SCREEN OUT THE CANDIDATES WHO ARE "NOT YOUNG ENOUGH" FOR THE AIRLINE.

ASIAN EMPLOYERS HAS THE TENDENCY TO KEEP OUT THE OLDER WORKING FORCE FOR COMPANY'S BEST INTERESTS.

December 16, 2012

I am a Asian, and I agree, then in Asian country it's really worst. Glad that I live in US.

July 12, 2013

That is not true. True that they would be more likely hire younger people due to the intense flying patterns and other reasons, which most asian airlines are likely to do as well. However, you would still get hired no matter how old you are if you have experience (especially if you had been flight attendant before). We have people get hired in their 40s almost every time when they were recruiting people. And I have never heard any older employees expressed the Company trying to kick them out.

About CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS

Hong Kong's leading airline, Cathay Pacific Airways flies passengers and cargo to about 120 destinations around the globe, including – Read more