Cathay Pacific Employee Reviews

flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2016
flight attendant life isn't as easy as everything think it is. it is actually hard to manage and also hard to work with. you really have to watch your health
Pros
free travel
Cons
bad health
Airport Life
Passenger Service Agent / Flight Controller (Current Employee) –  NAIA Terminal 3 Pasay City ManilaJune 9, 2016
Working at the airport was very challenging. It starts when the passenger approach us to our check in counters, then greet them with smile then checking their travel documents and doing security questions, and tagging their luggage to their final destination.

Some passengers telling us what they feel when they're going to travel. Some of them doesn't want to leave, some feel excited and some our very anxious because its their first time. We just give them advise for them to relax and foe them to feel that they are not alone.

In Cathay Pacific, we do our business Service Straight from the Heart. This is out banner to give the best quality of service to the passenger.

About my co-workers, we treat each other as family. In times that the flight was disrupted, we push each others back not to give up. Even though we are tired, we always end up smiling and celebrating because we finish the flight and we render service straight from the heart to each passenger that we handled.

The hardest part of the job, is when there are irate and unruly passengers. Sometime we get harassed by them but still we need to handle them professionally. Even though them flight was disrupted, as long as the passengers behave accordingly we can still managed everything. In Manila, we used to handle flight delays because of the air traffic congestion.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is when the flight was open and we dispatch the flight on time.
Pros
Free lunch and overtime pays
Cons
Unused breaks and health issues
Good
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2016
The company is good.
The management cares about their employee.
Good benefits, such as flight benefits and holidays vacation.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
lower pay rate
own business
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Small business company and company mainly is doing racing car engine business and parts for people who are love to rebuild engine, located in Los Angeles CA.
Fun working environment
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 15, 2015
Great company! You work with amazing people and meet a lot of characters in flight. Drama at times but its a small base so it is expected! Good memories and amazing opportunities to see the world!
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
Pay sucks
MY personality
Cargo Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
I am very easy going to Don't let things get to me or bother me. I am fair and like to make sure everyone is enjoying there work
Pros
5 star company
Cons
only 1 flight a day not much room for advancement
Hard and difficult
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong International Airport (Hong Kong)August 17, 2015
Full of challenge and unpredictable. Need to solve the problem alone without full support from the management. Team work is the crucial in working at the airport
great workplace and great cowrokers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 17, 2015
wonderful workplace to improve customer service skill and build a team work skill. Fun work place with supportive management.
A straight from the heart sevice
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Manila, ARMay 21, 2015
In cathay pacific airways our daily routine is we have a briefing for the overview of the flight. We are randomly assigned in the different sectors of the operation. We can be assigned as counter agent where passenger check-in their luggages and their travel documents are reviewed. At the boarding gate we are assigned to assist the passenger for their boarding process.. I learned in this work that we should work with diplomacy, I should give a high quality of service that goes beyond he expectations of our passenger, that I need to be focused and efficient in my job.
The management give us the training that we need for us to be engaged in the worklace.
My co- workers are approachable and always present if I seek help. The most hardest part of the job if there is a flight disruption because we need to explain th ereaso of the disruption, assist all the protection for the connecting flights of our passenger.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I interact with my passengers, I meet different nationality, culture, different kinds of passengers,. My personality really boost in this job. I learned not to be intimidated to any passenger as long as Im doing the right job. Not to discriminate everyone. And lastly when my passenger leaves my counter with a smile, because I know to myself that I gave them the satisfaction
Great travel benifit, great uniform,fun job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2014
Flying from LA to HK 3-4 times a month can be very challenge and tiring, however,if you love travel and love to explore culture difference, this is a great company to work for. This is a lifestyle more than just a job!
Pros
Good benefit in general plus travel benefit, contact with diversity of people
good teamwork among employees
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lautau IslandNovember 25, 2014
Good to have international exposure to gain customer service skills. Excellent teamwork among crew members in working environment.
Good Experience
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 15, 2014
Learned Ramp Management and Aircraft Loading Management.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Late Night hours
small office environment, excellent ethics and great people to work for and with
Customer Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2014
I love the Cathay work ethic and core values. Advancement is difficult in the same office due to the size. Hard to move in such a small environment. Cathay itself is huge great if you are willing to relocate. I would definitely go back if a higher position opens up.
Hiring preference
n/a (Former Employee) –  sfoDecember 12, 2012
Cathay pacific is known for age discrimination, and now it's carrying its adverse culture to sfo.
Have you ever seen a flight attedent workng for cathay is over age 45?

It's againt the law in the united states to screen out the candidates who are "not young enough" for the airline.

Asian employers has the tendency to keep out the older working force for company's best interests.
Extensive learning,exposure ,exploration and development work environment.
Inflight Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cathay Pacific AirwaysMay 4, 2012
A typical day at work is full of excitement,challenge,adventure,exposure, fun and sense of achievement.
Pros
travel
Cons
jetlag
N/a
Cabin crew (Current Employee) –  Cathay cityJanuary 4, 2017
I have been working as a cabin crew for 5 years. The job provides me a lot of chances to meet people around the world. The working environment is different from the office job. We work as a team and support each other. We need to communicate and work with people from different backgrounds and cultures. I like caring,communication and challenges. I am looking forward to having a job which can bring my talents into full play and apply what I have learned.