Cathedral Home for Children Employee Reviews

Cathedral Home for Children
Youth Crisis Center Director (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 25, 2015
Cathedral Home for Children (CHC) has been helping youth in need for over 100 years. Our long history speaks to our devotion and love for children. We stand committed to helping troubled and traumatized youth reclaim and rebuild their lives.
Residential Institutional Facility
Teacher, Math, Physical Education, and Health (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Consistent, Fun, Changes day to day
Cons: Tough students
I was responsible for communicating knowledge to students in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies and curriculum resources to present material. I worked as a team member and committee chair, sharing common planning, professional development, curriculum design, and teaching responsibilities. I administered different forms of student assessments, communicated with parents and other team members about student progress, and plan for further instruction. Also, I regularly attended IEPs, helped create behavioral plans, and met with Case Managers and Probation Officers. I was reflective about my own practice and acted as a coach for my team members when necessary. I have always integrated technology into my teaching activities.
No real structure.
Youth Worker, NEWELL (Former Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 16, 2015
The children run the environment. Staff have no real guidelines to work by.

In a typical day depending on what cottage you work. You cook and do some cleaning and get the youth if they choose to go to school or even if they choose to get ready for the day.

Some co-worker are excellent, and others are do very little to help and even interact with the youth served,
Great Place!
Intern (Current Employee), Laramie, WYMarch 8, 2015
All of the people here are so friendly and helpful. Getting to make a difference in the lives of children is also great! I have learned so much from working here and it is a great place to expand knowledge on many different areas!
working with kids
Youth Worker (Former Employee), Laramie, WYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: kids, outings, experience
Cons: management, violence, stress
great benefits and ok pay, typical day consists or retraining teens for attacking staff or other residence. House managers playing favorites and allotting Christmas bonuses to their friends and leaving nothing for the rest.

The company also freaks out every year that they are in a financial crisis and have to close, make decisions that impact everyone negatively, for it all to blow over the following month and making more changes, just for it to happen the following year.

so if you can deal with mean kids, and wait for the few small successes while staying calm and not letting management get to you, this is the job for you.
Good opportunity to learn but less job security
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Laramie, WYApril 1, 2013
I learned a lot from this position, specially the High Fidelity Wraparound Process. I am looking to move into a more stable position.