Catherine's

Catherine's Employee Reviews

Good vibes
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 17, 2015
Great company to work for where the customer is always first, also great discounts. Management was directive and everyone knew what they were doing.
Get one on one with customers get chances to know them well
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 6, 2015
Greeting customers, organizing the products, create outfits for our customers and find out what their styles are, my coworkers are very into the new fashion and also like to coordinate outfits
An ok place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJanuary 21, 2015
I would handel th register and help customersI was happy i wanted more advancementThe management was very good I learnrd alot
What I experienced
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2015
This was a okay job for me as a college student. It help me earn a few extra dollars to pay for textbooks. I got my promotion to sales lead after 3 months of employment. I didn't plan on staying long because of the managers attitude. Otherwise, I would still be there.
To much teenage behaviors
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 10, 2015
very slow pace , management is not friendly and they dont want you to be friend with co workers... they also have a problem with keeping home at home and work at work.
Avoid working for this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2014
Cons: everything
Management issues from the store level all the way to the corporate office. Complaints are not handled professionally. Lack of training for the position. Lack of concern for employees. Exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. Safety concerns. This is my experience at the store that I worked at.
Worst job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), OklahomaNovember 23, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: horrible manager, credit goals, focus on numbers, traffic counter
I had high hopes when I was working for this company. I had even considered making a potential career out of it but my manager was absolutely horrid and made it impossible to advance. My manager used personal reasons to treat me differently and I got yelled at basically every day for petty little things that had nothing to do with work itself. She would basically tell me that business is business and it's nothing personal, but there was more to it than that. I will admit I'm not perfect and if I made a mistake, I would be up front about it but this was not the case at all. I would get yelled at for the smallest things and I mean YELLED at. In front of everyone. My manager did not handle stress well and she was very very unprofessional. It's sort of sad that she didn't see she was pushing everyone away and since she lost me, none of my friends or family will return. I would even tell people I know to not go there because everyone was mistreated honestly. During my time working there, I saw 5 people before me quit in less than a year and if that's not a red flag then I don't know what is. The company itself doesn't allow much room for growth as far as moving up and getting a higher position sadly. They focus too much on credit goals. The customers were the only thing that kept me with this company for as long as I was. I would highly recommend people to NOT apply here. Just saying.
Clothing
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: no hours
Dealing with customers. Persuade them to buy clothing. It was a plus size store. Manage to be in a cashier
Fashion savy and fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 30, 2014
Pros: help customers find perfect outfits and see new inventory weekly.
Cons: short hours with not enough pay.
Lots of inventory and store planning went into this position. Management was fantastic and let me be a part of their hard-working team until I found a new administrative job. Co-workers were also very helpful, hardworking and flexible with their schedules. The hardest part of the job was putting up some of the heavier displays and banners. The most enjoyable part of the job was building lasting acquaintances with fellow employees and customers.
Catherine's is a fun store to work for, and a great place for plus sized women to shop.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, wonderful customers
Cons: i haven't found any yet!
At Catherine's, they live up to their motto of "We fit you beautifully". A typical day includes greeting our customers and asking questions about what brought them in and assisting them in finding the perfect outfit that fits not only the style they are looking for, but also the size, color and fit. On days when freight comes in, we work as a team to get everything hung up properly and out onto the sales floor so that our customers are able to shop the newest look as soon as possible. I have learned new ways to put outfits together and how to accessorize them in ways that make the outfits look complete, not just put together. The management team is fantastic. They are wonderful about communication about current sales, projects, upcoming events, etc. For me, the hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part as well. I enjoy the challenge of aiding our customers in finding that one outfit and the accessories to accent the customer's personality and style.
Work with clothing
Cashier/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Traditions, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Great company, fun to work for, not enough hours but the customers were interesting and the work was consistent.
Fun and relaxed place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), moreno valley, caSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: Everyone is nice and willing to help you learn.
Management works well with your schedule.
Relaxed working environment.

Cons: minimum wage.
no benefits for part time.
Helping customers with picking out clothe that were right for them.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: seeing my usual customers.
Cons: the hours i worked.
I loved working with my customers and helping them find items that fit their taste. I learned that women are very picky when it comes to their clothing and the want quality but do not want to pay for it but you still give it your all and offer a credit card to help with their purchases. Management was nothing more nothing less. My co-workers were that co-workers and sometimes we got together like family. The hardest part about my job was the hours I would get anywhere from 10 to 20 hrs and that was not enough. The good part was the regulars who came in and you were glad to see them.
Fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: disagreements
My typical day at work starts with coming in to the store.
I greet guests who are already shopping, and ask them if they're finding everything alright. I let them know my name and to not hesitate to ask questions, I do my time sheet.
Review were we are at for the days daily sales.
Greet new customers and let them know the sales that are going on, that specific day.
I lay out new merchandise, and fix the floor setting.

My co workers and the management team and pretty much a big family. There is always positive vibes when working.

The hardest part of the job would probably dealing with rude customers, but there's always time to adjust to things.

Enjoyable moments, We get alot of the same customers so we are all pretty close, we do fashion shoes for new shipment we get in, and over all its a great experiences and i love working for Catherine's,
Fun place with good people!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discount
A typical day at work would start by coming in,
Reading charts//sales and what is needed.
Signing in the cashier, and the time clock.
Greeting customers and asking if their is anything they need help with or if they're finding everything alright.
Look for customers with their hands full of cloths and ask them if they would like me to hold their items for them, or if they would like a fitting room.

If I am closing --
Go around the store, look for go-back or anything that isn't in place.
Get items and signs that are going on sale.
Price them, and return them in their assigned places.
Clean up, make sure bathrooms are spotless and there isn't any cloths on the ground.
count money in drawls.
Put cash in safe, and leave the store.
Catherine's was a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2014
I learned about plan-o-gram which helped us set the floor plan fo rthe month.
money hungery company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, ArizonaJune 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
In charge of Sales and Manager duties, customer service, Opening and closing procedures, Key holder, Customer Satisfaction issues.
Once the Holidays are over, no hours for you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2014
Pros: you get to wear your own clothes, awesome customers
Cons: short breaks, few hours
I really enjoyed working here when I first started - It was hard work, but it was satisfying. I'd usually close, which would mean straightening the store for the next day and vacuuming before going home. I particularly enjoyed helping women find clothes to both fit and flatter them, because I know that can be extremely difficult as a plus size woman.

As time went on, though, I felt increasingly uncomfortable with my manager's pushing of religion. She left Christian pamphlets by the register for us and would constantly bring up religion and politics. I didn't get involved in those discussions because I don't think it's appropriate for work.

Other than that, everything was fine. Just after Valentine's Day, I received an incredible compliment from a customer I'd helped and I was over the moon. A week later, though, I stopped receiving hours. After a month of waiting, I was forced to quit so I could find a new job. All in all, not a great experience. The customers were awesome, but management was NOT.
excellent
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2014
This is a good company to work for. Meet fun people everyday Each day you have a goal to set for sales.Management team is great, also have fun with the co-worker. The most enjoyable part of the .
job is making sure the customers are happy with their purchase
Laid back and friendly envierment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 14, 2014
Catherine's strives to provide for the fashion needs of the costumer whether the costumer is looking for a more comfortable look or more of a dress look. Management was kind and encouraging and worked around school schedule.

1 2 3