Catherines Employee Reviews in United States

laid back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAAugust 23, 2016
Worse company to work for!!!!!!! They DONOT care about their employees!!!!! I was the Assistant Manager and even though it was easy work and laid back, Management itself SUCKS!!! My DM SUCKS!!!!!
Pros
Laid Back, Easy
Our Store is Special
Part-time Manager (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAAugust 4, 2016
I think our store is special. The chemistry between all of us is wonderful and we make a great team to give the customer a truly personal, uplifting experience when shopping for clothes and accessories.

They are great about work life balance and respectful of schedules.
Pros
Great culture and flexible scheduling
Cons
Low pay
Overall nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 28, 2016
Great work place, just didn't provide many hours for me to work. Great people to work with, but a very slim chance to move up in the workplace.
Fun relaxing place
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95815July 9, 2016
The tasks weren't that hard for an associate. Although they don't promote at all because no one leaves Catherine's! I worked there for 5 years and there was never room to move up
Cons
No Promotions Available
A fun productive day at Catherines
Part-time sales associate, assist customers (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 7, 2016
Catherine's is a fun environment and great people come in. My co-workers are fun and make work so enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is helping women find clothes when they do not really explain what they want. Another aspect that is hard about the job is that most of the women who come in are tired and old so Catherine's workers have to shop for them while they sit they whole time.
Pros
Meeting new, funny people
Cons
Short shirts and short hours per week
flexible hours
sales lead (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 27, 2016
the hours were very flexible. I worked here and went to school full time. I loved the people I worked with and the rewards we were offered for our hard work was awesome.
Great coworkers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 23, 2016
Catherines is an okay place to work. I have worked there for a few years. The customers are nice and the people who work there especially the SSM are amazing. The hardest part of the day will be closing. Customers love their neighborhood Catherines so much they do not want us to close for the day.
Fun workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 8, 2016
All employees commended each other on hard work and effort. Each employee was dedicated and committed to their job and maintaining high sales balanced with overall customer satisfaction.
Pros
Awesome workers
Cons
Short shifts
Nice retail store with good employee's rewards
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 7, 2016
Love working with customers and staff. Great store manager and associates. I loved making plus size women feel good about themselves and sailing them clothes that fit them beautifully.
Pros
Sales rewards
Cons
low pay
Pretty "Eh" Place to Work...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXJune 6, 2016
This was my first job. I liked the people I worked with at first, but they eventually showed their "true colors", I guess if that's how you wanna put it. Management was very unprofessional. They would talk about other employees and customers, and they used a lot of swear at work like none other. They work the sales associates very little, and you can only be full-time if you're in management. The pay was pretty "eh" too, but it was also my first job. Also, they get onto sales associates about dress code, but management is allowed to wear whatever they want. I had two members of management tell me I need to go buy new clothes, and every time I came into work, they'd ask me when I'm going shopping. I was told I'd be working minimum 7 hours a week, but I usually only worked 3-5... a WEEK. I consistently asked for more hours, but was always told, "soon". I worked there for 3 months, and I only called in twice. I was sick one time, and the other I had a dental emergency. About a week before I quit, I was told I would not be getting more hours because I called in too much. Overall, it was a pretty easy job. We never really got busy, so it was pretty boring at times. You did a lot of busy work.
Pros
Discounts at other this store and a few others
Cons
Lack of hours, Unprofessional management, Never gets busy
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJune 3, 2016
Flexible and easy going management. Great coworkers! Hardest part of the job would be rude customers and not being able to use coupons on certain items. The most enjoyable part would be that everyday would be something different.
Pros
Great Management and Coworkers
catherines
3rd key/ management (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 2, 2016
fun. kinda quiet place to work. we have our busy days and slow days. i learn most of my management skills there.you had a pretty set schedule so you could plan days off.
Pros
laid back astomsphere
Cons
not busy enough
Strong company providing a much needed product to the public
Part Times Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
Catherine's (Charming Shoppes) offered me the opportunity to work with a wide variety of women in management of a strong, dynamic company as a Part Time Sales Lead for just under 20 years . Each day was a collaboration of all members of the management staff, sales staff and corporate office personnel to provide the best shopping experience for our customers.
Pros
40% Discount on Clothing
Cons
No benefits for part time associates
Petty people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 25, 2016
The managers love mind games and playing the employees against each other. Worst then middle school. Almost no hours and little pay.
Pros
50% off clothes and discounts at other stores.
Cons
It's like working in an aslyum.
A fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 21, 2016
Catherine's taught me it how to delegate authority in a kind way. It also taught me to assume responsibility to get the job done.
New Management Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2016
Unfortunately new management had its own agenda. Really enjoyed working here until my hours were cut completely and the diminished entirely. Assistant Manager was much better here but pay is horrible. And new management is rather on the rude side UNLESS she needs something!!!
Pros
assistant manager, other people within the company and working with the customers
Cons
New management and unprofessional behavior
We fit u beautifully...@Catherines,#5644
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33809April 12, 2016
I have wonderful Co-Workers/Boss that makes this Company an enjoyable workplace, as we Strive to make all Clientele, "Fitting Beautifully in Catherine's Store"!
Productive and Interesting
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 11, 2016
• Promoted from Sales Associate
• Customer service skills, leadership, training, recruiting
• Prepare and make deposits
• Ensure weekly sales goals are communicated and evaluated/reached
Pros
Great tips given to help customers and myself dress better for success
Cons
short breaks
Productive and friendly place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 31, 2016
I loved working at Catherine's Plus size clothing. I learned how to set up sales floors and dress a mannequin when needed. I was also able to reach selling excellence goals and bonuses with that. i learned how to search, find, and ship to other stores looking for certain sizes for their customers. The management was very friendly and my co-workers were all very nice and fun. The hardest part of the job was when it was slow and there was nothing to do. I also learned how to put wardrobes together for customers who needed it and learned how to bra fit. It was overall a great place to work!
Not a good full time position
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2016
Catherines is a great job for someone that is in school because of the flexible hours. However if you are looking for a full time position with great pay and nice hours than this is not the place.

2.9