Catherines Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Wonderful and exciting work environment. Staff is great! Benefits are awesome! Love working with people this is a great place to be.
Fashion that Fits Any Plus Size Woman Beautifully
Part-time Sales Lead (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great environment to work in.
Cons: Slow traffic during evening traffic.
We assist customers with their clothing needs. Co-workers are always a joy to work with and makes your shift go by productively. Management is awesome and great to learn about retail. I really enjoy working with the staff and meeting new customers.
it was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 10, 2015
Pros: positive environment, short hours
Cons: having to climb ladders at times
I loved the people I worked with, that;s what made it a great job.

A typical day at work was helping customers, ringing them up, cleaning and making sure everything was in its proper place.

I learned customer service skills.

The hardest part was that things changed all the time and it was hard for me to keep up.

The most enjoyable part was getting to see my co-workers and happy customers.
bad area
Store Manager / District Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: health insh
Cons: made health insh higher in pay
as store was based in a bad area, I have nothing to say but, company was unfair to employees and there family's. as a store manager I feel its are right to express to higher up's on employees and get answers for them when they need it. there was no contact or surveys for employees to take.
A great place to work!
SALES LEAD (Former Employee), WVMay 29, 2015
Pros: Workers and customers
Cons: Can't think of any
The store has awesome repeat customers and staff is amazing. The company is a pleasure to work for; offering great incentives.
Friendly and Relaxing
Part Time Sales Leader (Former Employee), Moore, OKMay 26, 2015
Depending on your position you could do a variety of things. If your a Sales Associate you will do everything from basic checkout to restock to cleaning, and also signing off on the closing paperwork if you work closing with a manager. If your a Part Time Sales Leader or higher you will have to do floor set, handle returns and exchanges, pass on info about the new sales ect. to your fellow co-workers, as well as everything an associate does. All of my co-workers were very friendly and made me feel like family and we would always pair up to help the ladies shop with us as well as get a credit. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything is put out, and that the new sale was set the night before. They also have this thing called ace reward spins, every time you make a selling excellence sale, or your store wins a contest, you will earn either spins or points which can be exchanged for things ranging from gift cards to hotel and airline tickets.
Busy store with many oppurtunites to advance in the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: A typical workday was very short about 3-5 hours.
Cons: The 3 or 4 hour shifts were about 2 days a week so much income would most likely not come your way.
A typical at work after clocking in would be going out on the floor and folding clothes as well as recovery. In this job I learned a lot about credit/debit and check purchases. My manager was not always the easiest person to talk to but she kept the store clean and tidy everyday. My coworkers were great I'm still good friends with some to this day. The hardest part of working their was the inventory we received everyday and carrying more than 50 pounds worth of clothes the job a little painful. The most enjoyable part by far was being around customers and helping them find the outfit they are searching for, it lets me know I'm doing something right.
Working at Catherines
Sales Leader Part-time (Current Employee), Roseville, MIMay 7, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: not enought hours
Can be fun on some days.
process freight.
Assist customers
Good training
merchandise and floorsets
manages others.
team player
I loved working with people assiting them to find what looks good and makes them feel good about themselves
Part-Time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: seeing customers feel good about what they purchased and how it makes them feel
Cons: no hours, benefits
Catherines is a good store with quality clothes for oversized women,
I like to help people find something to help them feel good about themselves.
Great second job
sales associate (Current Employee), PaducahMay 1, 2015
Pros: awesome discount, low employee turn over, rewards for getting credit cards and perks accounts.
Cons: not a lot of hours
This is perfect job if you are a people person. You will not get rich working here but the discount makes up for it in my opinion. Seven years and still going strong!
Going out of business
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 29, 2015
The company is poorly run, they make continuous bad decisions that are leading to the eventual closure of stores/company.
Great entry level jobs
Ecommerce Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia areaApril 2, 2015
Get a lot of experience fast as a first job but expect to plateau as the career development is lacking at that level. You will be worked really hard--everyone there does at least in the IT world--but you'll get used it. The company is starting to put a big emphasis on culture and making it fun with activities, rewards, games, and themes
Good customers and ability to build customer relationships. DM was never satisfied and criticized any effort and or insight
Assistant Store Manager/Acting Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEMarch 7, 2015
Pros: team environment
Cons: inadequate payroll hours for workloads, dm could partner better with management about store presentation, rather than storming in and tearing up store and leaving mess for everyone to clean up, has got to be a better way
Previously employed as assistant manager. Really enjoyed working with the customers, coworkers, previous managers and previous DMs; however company makes it hard to enjoy the job with negative feedback, constant hounding of credit and inability to train and promote effectively. Pay is inadequate for workload and experience. No opportunity of advancement through training. Would not consider ever working for this company again.
Micro managed by DSM
Store Sales Manager (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMarch 5, 2015
Cons: being changed from salaried managers to hourly and increasing work loads routinely.
I love the company, my job, and customers. However my DSM makes work unbearable. I have increased sales and customer loyalty by more than 15% each year for the time I've been Store Manager. My store ranking in a company with 500 stores is #30 year to date. Shrink results are well below company at .062% totaling only $1,540. I also have a great track record in employee screening, hiring, training, and retention. My payroll used is always below plan and my profit margins have been up as well. However, my DSM is never happy and finds things to complain about and uses intimidation tactics regularly.
Managment great.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: everyday is exciting.
Cons: would like to work more.
Always something to do. I love the fact that everyone is a team player. I enjoy all aspects of retail. They have a lot of return clients, so that makes my job fun.
great environment awful dm
manager (Former Employee), paFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: upper management
Pretty much every review I read for this area was true. The store is great, customers are wonderful and the store staff is excellent but the district manager is awful. She is rude, disrespectful, gossips about all of her employees and is terrible at her job. She runs the Ohio/Pa district. I don't suggest anyone works for this lady. I am not a plus size woman and my customer absolutely loved me but anytime she was at my store she would say how my weight was intimidating to them. I have customers call and complain about the way she talked to me. I quit bc of her and left a job and ccustomers I built relationships with and loved.
I'VE GAINED A LOT OF MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE AT CATHERINES
ASSITANT MANAGER (Current Employee), PENSACOLA, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: my boss, flexibility, co-workers
Cons: no company incentives, lack of effecient payroll hrs
I HOLD KEYS TO THE STORE, I MAKE THE BANK DEPOSIT, DO NIGHTLY PAPERWORK. SCHEDULING, GIVE WEEKLY AND MONTHLY FEEDBACK TO COWORKERS ABOUT GOALS. HIRING, PROVIDE TRAINING AND COACHING TO OTHER EMPLOYEES. I SET A GOOD EXAMPLE OF HARD WORK, HONESTY AND ETHICAL WORK HABITS. I EXPECT THE SAME OF ALL MY COWORKERS.I SEE TO IT THAT ALL MY CUSTOMERS RECIEVE EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
steady workplace,
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Worth,TxJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: associate discount
Cons: no hours
a typical day at work consist of me coming in , clocking in and start hanging up the go-backs. the go backs are clothes that customers that have tried on but didn't want anymore. After that i walk around the store to greet customers and help them with the problems that they need help with. I learned a lot about the retail business such as , properly folding clothes , and hanging . The different ways of putting intimate wear on the mannequins.The hardest part of the job is when customers have tons of coupons. Converting the coupons into a century old register was frustrating at times .
Retail Stereotype
Sales (Former Employee), TexasDecember 28, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: disorganized rude
Went in for an interview and was never greeted by the girl working. I browsed, I was early, Manager came out to let her know to expect me and I introduced myself. Manager asked associate why they hadn't greeted me and told they would discuss later. During the interview, I was offered the "max" of $8. Had to put together outfits on floor, and the associate was very rude about everything I put together, I believe she already disliked me based on earlier which is a great way I want to start a new job. Told to expect some emails from corporate to fill out online information. I filled it out 3 times, each additional time I would log in and it was already filled out but they kept saying I hadn't done it. Manager said it was typical, they always have computer issues, can't clock in half the time, etc. They finally got it, but since it was pre-dated over a week I had to do it again. I ended up saying screw this, if you can't get new hire paperwork done I probably won't even get paid.
Worst job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: bad management, pushy, high stress, low pay, not enough hours, unenjoyable
The first few months I worked here, I LOVED IT. I looked forward to going every day. Later on though my manager made it impossible to enjoy. The company focuses more on the numbers as opposed to the customers. I cared more about helping people find what they were looking for and when i did, I felt accomplished and happy and I would sometimes suggest things to them that they may not necessarily think they'd like but a lot of times they would end up loving it. No matter what i did and how many customers I sold to, the number of credit card applications is all that matters. I also had a boss who yelled at me every day and then would try to be my best friend. Also the company is very very strict on hours. You're never guaranteed the same number. Some week I would have 23 hours and the next week I would only get 3. I can't survive on 3 hours of pay! Really wanted to make a career out of this but my manager made it impossible. Sad that she is losing business and doesn't even see it. I won't be coming back and neither will any of my family or friends. Too much stress for a minimum wage job. Yelling at a coworker is completely unprofessional, especially coming from a manager.