Catherines Employee Reviews

Fantastic compnay to work for when privately owned
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
Once the company was sold to Fashion bug it was still a good company however too much politics.
My personal goal was simply to sell and deliver results which my team was able to deliver.
No No money No advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
You cant get any hours at this company and frequently have to work ridiculous 3 hour shifts spread out over many days. One week will be 8 hours and the next 32. No one gets over 32 except managers because, god forbid, you might be considered full time and get benefits. There is no incentive. The Ace awards program is a joke because if you win a 50.00 gift card they take out 41.00 in " taxes" no one in management can explain how that is possible. The managers try their best but how is it possible to have good morale. Then you are expected to spend what little money you do make to buy the clothes to make sure you are "dressed acceptably". Forget it and stay home. Start a lemonade stand
Nice place to work
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 4, 2017
I know management has recently changed hands, several times, but when I was employed here, upper management was very helpful and knowledgable, they were willing to train and encouraged promotions within the company.
Very fun and team atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 2, 2017
I have been with this company for 13 years and it is like a second home to me. Very fun,goal driven atmosphere and I have a very supportive District Manager.
Pros
fun, good pay, team work, discount
Sales Leader
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  NMJune 30, 2017
Worked here 5yrs. Only people to get full time or benefits are the store manager and assistant manager. Every one else 3hrs(associates) 20hrs (Sales Leaders). Never have set days off and they always want more & more out of you constantly pushing you to open credit cards and sell perks loyalty cards. They don't care about anything but making more $. And doesnt matter how much you do it's never enough. I Only stayed because it was my first job and flexible little to no hours helped me through school.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No appreciation never enough
Plenty of work to get done and keep busy with.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJune 29, 2017
I was working at Catherines the same time I was driving the bus. I did this schedule for 2.5 years. My husband was home with our 3 children while I was working. It was difficult but I got threw it. I took care of the customer from the time they walked in the door to the time they walked out. I also did stock 3 times a week. It was a busy store also but I liked the customers and I liked what I was doing.
Pros
Being around people and doing something I had never done before.
Cons
Being on your feet the whole night you were there.
Very rewarding! The customers are the best!
Part-time Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 28, 2017
Busy at times and a lot of hours on your feet, but the customers are great and make it all worthwhile. Great job if you are looking for just a few hours to supplement your income.
Pros
Decent discount on clothes
Cons
Lots of standing, shoes you are allowed to wear are not always practical.
Nice clothing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2017
Worked as store manger. Culture was different because you were always at work. Day to night. Never enough coverage. Nice company. Seems they are about to close some stores
Pros
Discount
Cons
No work life balance
Complaint City
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 20, 2017
No one does their work, they always call in so you have to fill in for someone on your only day off. The complain so much and its just so much drama. if you are not a sales leader you only work one or two days a week and start at 7.25.
Cons
no benifits
Fun & rewarding workplace
Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 19, 2017
When I worked there my manager was EXCELENT & the company CARED about he employees.
We all worked together to make money & give our customers the best service.
Our clothing quality was great & I looked FORWARD to each day at work.
Pros
Perks, complete training, checks & balances, good discount, customers
Cons
focus on numbers only, no help from DMs or corporate
Unbalanced Company
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2017
Work load has increased and pay hasn't. Demands are high to generate revenue and numerous mistakes come down to store level retail employees are required to fix. Not a cost effective company with thousands of dollars spent on wasteful advertising and coupons that are massively produced every month only to be thrown away. To satisfy the customer the company doesn't stand by their own policies we are instructed to implement.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
starting pay for associates
Productive, exciting and just simply FUN!
Sales Leader/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 2, 2017
I enjoy meeting new people, making sure everyone's experience is a complete success. I absolutely love finding what actually works for that individual. I have an amazing time with my customers.
Pros
Meeting new people, and developing customer relationships.
Cons
Working with all females can be difficult at times.
It's a great company to work for.
Cleaning, Sales Associate, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 31, 2017
I love my store. Sadly I just don't get enough hours to make a living off of. However if your looking for a part time job to fill in gaps and love helping customers then this place is FANTASTIC for you. They strongly encourage building a relationship with your customers and I really enjoyed the friendly and nice atmosphere the store provided.
Pros
Great Company, Great Coworkers, Good Breaks, Great location
Cons
Part time, Can be demanding, I hope you like cleaning and organizing.
It's okay job
Asistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 30, 2017
The job is a bit demanding and necessary tools to succeed are not supplied. I loved the job at first but my passion for quickly faded after the new manager took over..
Cons
Short breaks
Acknowledged employee contribution and hard work.
Sourcing Manager - Knits (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 16, 2017
4stars. Categories are well developed but customers are difficult to please. Design needs to be more original. Leadership encouraged visibility among managers and assistants but in the end select few were heard.
I really enjoyed my time here
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 15, 2017
I really liked this job. If life hadn't gotten in my way, I would have stayed long enough to be a key-holder or even assistant manager. My co-workers were very lovely women and I enjoyed working with them all. Yes, it got busy and sometimes we'd be behind, but all in all, this was a fun job for me.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, made other women feel good about themselves
Cons
scheduling, shrinkage, hard on my bad back
work place
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 15, 2017
great place to work for college/ high school students or if you need extra money.sales leaders only get about 12-14 hours a week and associates only get about 5-6 hours per week.
Pros
face to face customer service
Cons
not enough hours
Productive place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 12, 2017
A great place to work. Great manager that always work with you through anything. The hours are not that good, but it's ok if you need the money. Other than that no other complaints.
Store manager 15 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita KansasMay 10, 2017
Did schedules win to the bank made deposits hired fired employees did interviews did floor plans open and close the Business Daily open and closed stores move storage from one location to another Guidry yearly reviews on Associates did returns ran a cash register manage the safe worked with petty cash dealt with a break-in got very close with all of my customers
Pros
All benefits, awards banquet yearly, PTO by years of service
Cons
really wasn't any
Catherines
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2017
Again, I work for another company under the corporate umbrella. Therefore, commenting on this is not going to happen. I would not keep going back, if it were a horrible experience.