Catherines Employee Reviews in United States

Strong company providing a much needed product to the public
Part Times Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
Catherine's (Charming Shoppes) offered me the opportunity to work with a wide variety of women in management of a strong, dynamic company as a Part Time Sales Lead for just under 20 years . Each day was a collaboration of all members of the management staff, sales staff and corporate office personnel to provide the best shopping experience for our customers.
Pros
40% Discount on Clothing
Cons
No benefits for part time associates
New Management Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2016
Unfortunately new management had its own agenda. Really enjoyed working here until my hours were cut completely and the diminished entirely. Assistant Manager was much better here but pay is horrible. And new management is rather on the rude side UNLESS she needs something!!!
Pros
assistant manager, other people within the company and working with the customers
Cons
New management and unprofessional behavior
Productive and friendly place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 31, 2016
I loved working at Catherine's Plus size clothing. I learned how to set up sales floors and dress a mannequin when needed. I was also able to reach selling excellence goals and bonuses with that. i learned how to search, find, and ship to other stores looking for certain sizes for their customers. The management was very friendly and my co-workers were all very nice and fun. The hardest part of the job was when it was slow and there was nothing to do. I also learned how to put wardrobes together for customers who needed it and learned how to bra fit. It was overall a great place to work!
Comfortable atmosphere with many helpful coworkers
Technical Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 10, 2016
Day typical spent measuring and preparing garments for fit, within fitting, or sending critiques and changes to vendors
Built skills using Flex PLM, Adobe programs, and Microsoft Office
Coworkers and Management are endearing, and always willing to help or educate
Hardest part was leaving this internship
I was excited to come to work everyday
Pros
The coworkers, the food, the atmosphere
Cons
Nice part time place to work
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I have enjoyed meeting and helping my customers. Since working for Catherine's, I have formed fun positive relationship with no only my customers but my team as well. My day consist of always maintaining a clean and organized store. Addressing the customers as soon as they come in, and helping them to enjoy their shopping experience. Being that Catherine's is a small store, I know all my co-workers and have had the pleasure to work with them all.
Management is flexible with weekly schedule, and truly works with each employees availability.
Pros
2-4 hour shifts, fabulous customers, small store, wonderful discount, at main store, and sister stores
Cons
hours are based on the selling of perks and credits. So if you are not good at sales, you can expect to see about 3 hours a week on your schedule.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJune 3, 2016
Flexible and easy going management. Great coworkers! Hardest part of the job would be rude customers and not being able to use coupons on certain items. The most enjoyable part would be that everyday would be something different.
Pros
Great Management and Coworkers
Productive and Interesting
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 11, 2016
• Promoted from Sales Associate
• Customer service skills, leadership, training, recruiting
• Prepare and make deposits
• Ensure weekly sales goals are communicated and evaluated/reached
Pros
Great tips given to help customers and myself dress better for success
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working at Catherine's all the training.
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Time management to allow yourself to keep every associate in the loop with new policy and procedures along with store goals.
The hardest part of the job was to terminate a person that have not met there personnel goal when have retrain role play.
I love exceeding customers expectations .
Pros
PRESIDENT Club
Cons
Securtity
Nice retail store with good employee's rewards
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 7, 2016
Love working with customers and staff. Great store manager and associates. I loved making plus size women feel good about themselves and sailing them clothes that fit them beautifully.
Pros
Sales rewards
Cons
low pay
Fun workplace
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 8, 2016
All employees commended each other on hard work and effort. Each employee was dedicated and committed to their job and maintaining high sales balanced with overall customer satisfaction.
Pros
Awesome workers
Cons
Short shifts
competitively fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, ILDecember 2, 2015
I learn a lot of new things everyday. Management always worked with me side by side, showing me the right and wrong way of things. My co workers were always fun and easy to work with and loved helping customers and making the customers feel good about themselves and what they came into the store to shop for. The hardest part at Catherines for me was convincing customers to get a credit card with Catherines. Other then that I always enjoyed working at Catherines especially on the holidays.
not a place to make a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sales associate/leader (Current Employee) –  anywhereDecember 3, 2015
Management (assistant and store) are the only ones that get any benefits from this job. The hours are NOT descent for part time work. You only get 3 hours a week if your lucky. Others who work there have more hours(10 that is) because they been there for 5 years at least. If you do get any benefits it would only be a discount on clothes. DON'T WASTE YOUR GAS MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
clothing discount
Cons
not enough hours
catherines
3rd key/ management (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 2, 2016
fun. kinda quiet place to work. we have our busy days and slow days. i learn most of my management skills there.you had a pretty set schedule so you could plan days off.
Pros
laid back astomsphere
Cons
not busy enough
Petty people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 25, 2016
The managers love mind games and playing the employees against each other. Worst then middle school. Almost no hours and little pay.
Pros
50% off clothes and discounts at other stores.
Cons
It's like working in an aslyum.
Not a good full time position
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2016
Catherines is a great job for someone that is in school because of the flexible hours. However if you are looking for a full time position with great pay and nice hours than this is not the place.
Very welcoming teammembers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at work: Straightening up tables/racks, assisting customers, ringing sales, and shipment.
I learned that the most important thing in retail is great Customer Service!
Pros
Great boss and Co-workers
Cons
Not too many locations
Great team atmosphere!
PART-TIME SALES CLERK (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 16, 2015
This is a small department store, specializing in plus size clothing. In a typical day I straighten the apparel on the sales floor and you're also providing your services to the customers as their personal shopper and stylist.
Pros
A wonderful team/family-like atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay for the work asked of you.
We fit u beautifully...@Catherines,#5644
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33809April 12, 2016
I have wonderful Co-Workers/Boss that makes this Company an enjoyable workplace, as we Strive to make all Clientele, "Fitting Beautifully in Catherine's Store"!
flexible hours
sales lead (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 27, 2016
the hours were very flexible. I worked here and went to school full time. I loved the people I worked with and the rewards we were offered for our hard work was awesome.
catherines
Sales Leader/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 23, 2016
fun to work with ladies who enjoy shopping for their clothing and don't mind spending the money for them, the coupons are great and people love when you give them one and they don't have one