Catholic Care Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
working with people with Dementia
Works as a certified medication aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita kansasAugust 5, 2015
I started working at Catholic during first shift. My main job was to pass medication to the residents and help them with their activities of daily living(ADLs). We would get them up and ready for the day. Serve them breakfast and lunch and do activities with them.
I had to change to third shift because I needed to be home to take my daughter to school in the morning. My duties on third shift includes light housekeeping, doing laundry, toileting the residents and passing medication. I get a long well with my co-workers because I am a team player and always put the residents first. The hardest part of the job is losing one of my residents. You get to know them and they become like family. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the residents appreciate and say thank you to me. when they smile at me and tell me they love me. This means a lot to me because I work in a memory care unit and the residents have dementia. so when they appreciate me I know its because I have taken good care of them.
Lovely place to work
C.n.a./activity asst. (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 6, 2015
Always stayed busy learned a lot about keeping records and resident behaviors how to properly recognize and deal with situations.
Pros
Great work crew, lots of activities always going on.
Cons
Seeing loved ones leave us.
CCC family great place to work and fun
nutrition aide (Former Employee) –  bel aire ksMay 21, 2015
Great place to work at co workers help you alot the nurses even help you do your job eveyone helps each other its like a big family everyone talks to everyone gets alone with everyone even if they have diffrent job dutties wow. I loved working their for sunflower easiest part of ccc sad thing couldnt keep working their to far to drive back and forth
Pros
co workers very nice and easy to work with
Cons
nothing
a job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSMay 9, 2015
The residents were the brightest part of working there. The management was more worried about the bottom line than about if the care of the residents was appropriate
very productive
CMA (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 1, 2014
management really values you opinion. The co workers really work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is putting a smile on the residents face.
Love this place!
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2014
Such a great facility to work for! If you are looking for a good place to work look no further, CCC is a great place.
didn't like it there because they were unorganized
CMA (Former Employee) –  skilled unitJuly 13, 2013
The pay sucked and they would give you a lot of responsibility for ten dollars an hour I was accused of taking some medication when the person that took the meds came forward and said it was their fault and I never got an apology or anything. the nurses were rude and unprofessional
Work was smooth co-workers were easy to get along with
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Belaire, KsMarch 19, 2013
Overall this was an okay place to work. They tripped about working overtime and the overhead boss was constantly trying to change your job duties.
Medication Aide
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSNovember 6, 2012
I love my job as Medication Aide in Memory Care. I love interacting and developing relationships with the residents. The hardest part of the job is seeing the residents of which you care for suffer in some way or another. Majority of my coworkers are great to work with, but what job doesn't have a couple bad seeds. Memory Care has made my passion for nursing become even stronger.
Cons
short breaks
working in the 1980's
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 1, 2012
I worked the day shift, the only things that I remember is that I worked a lot of my days off due to low salaries and no benefits. I did get to know a lot of the residents, and became very close, they knew that they could depend on me to help them at any time.Most of the staff was very helpful. I worked well with the Nuns there, and we became friends.As for anything else I really don't remember.My typical day was getting patient's up, dressed, breakfast, some baths, some patient,s back to bed, made beds in between taking patient's to restroom, up for lunch, back to bed for naps. Taking some vitals and weights. Interacting with the patient's was the most enjoyable part of my job. I don't remember any thing else.
Pros
i like working with the older patient's
Cons
things have changed so much i honestly don't know of any
Caring, compassionate staff throughout residential units
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSApril 13, 2012
Once within the Memory Care unit, my time belongs to the residents. I am in charge of coordinating care given within the unit. Staffing usually includes four CNA's and four CMA's plus myself. There is forty residents plus adult day care visits throughout shifts. I collaborate with physicians, speech therapists, PT/OT and other health care team members in order to give the quality care needed. I understand the needs of our residents, their families and staff and am blessed with this position. I enjoy observing staff and resident interactions within the compassionate and loving environment. I enjoy giving care and spending time with residents' and their families. It is a challenge daily due to our residents' cognitive deficiencies. The most beautiful part of this position is being present during a clear moment displayed by a resident, and meeting a true piece of their heart.
Nice place to work. The residents were great to work for they were very sweet.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 21, 2012
I liked working at Catholic Care Center. The people were very nice. I enjoyed working for the residents.
Pros
the residents
Cons
to many people not minding there own business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Care Center Reviews by Location