Catholic Charities of the East Bay

Catholic Charities of the East Bay Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity to work for those in need.
Volunteer And Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Catholic Charities of the East Bay was an excellent place to work; staff focused on helping and caring for those in need including the homeless, immigrants, those imprisoned, foster children and those with psychological issues. As a non-profit, the monies raised through grants and government programs is often not secure enough to insure steady employment or better wages. Typically, however, you are recognized for out-of-the-box thinking and entrepreneurship.
Pros
In the past benefits such a health care have been top of the line.
Cons
Job security was not always possible.
Great Mission & People
Grant Writer, part time contractor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 27, 2016
I served as a temporary, contractual grant writer, and thoroughly enjoyed my colleagues and the work. I worked on grant proposals for CCEB's Mental Health Services program and learned about "trauma informed practices" and restoration justice for juveniles. Compelling!
Pros
parking
Cons
long commute from San Rafael, Ca
Seems to have lost sight on what they are suppose to be doing.
Site Coordinator for the VITA Program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 26, 2015
With changes in management they were more interested in getting Accredited than helping the poor. Discontinuing most of their programs. I guess they were trying to start over.
Pros
My supervisor was the best. I really enjoyed working with her and for her. She taught me a lot
Cons
Upper management did not seem to care about what was going on with in the program, and making a lot of changes without benefitting the clients nor employees.
caring
Crisis Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 3, 2014
many way to showing concern of others needs A great organization to be a part of..
You work with staff and volunteers dedicated to making a meaningful impact on those who are struggling and in hard times.
Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 29, 2013
Catholic Charities of the East Bay is a mission-centric organization committed to helping the poor and most vulnerable through an integrated service delivery system while also advocating for social justice to address systemic issues. The staff and volunteers are highly dedicated to the mission of the organization and work towards having a measurable social impact.
Great Place to Work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 7, 2012
This was a great place to work. Many of the staff members really loved their clients. It was a really good culture to work in most of the staff were supportive and helpful even if they weren't in your department.

My supervisor was AMAZING she became like family to me and I was supported in a very difficult time in my life. I really loved working with my clients they were the best.

Overall this is a great place to work
Pros
support, energy, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities of the East Bay. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6