Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

It was a great environment to work in.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Catholic Charities gives you the experience you need, it allows you to work in a professional setting that broadens ones arises. One will participate in essential meetings that contributes to ones growth and development.
The workplace is very informative and enlightens the facts of what Low to moderate candidates are facing.
Housing Counseling Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJDecember 11, 2017
The most enjoyable task of my position here at Catholic Charities is overall providing help to the clients. On a personal level I am able to listen and talk to clients on their terms and provide encouragement words that helped the client. Most importantly most of my heart so the hardest is when I can not assist any way.
Pros
Clients receiving assitance
Cons
Assisisting Clients
Work Day
Residential Crisis Counselor/Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 10, 2017
I was a Emergency counselor for people that needed help with their rent. Sometimes people came in for help with food and clothes and I assisted with that.
Pros
Very nice people to work with, flex time
Cons
not good pay
great company
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 9, 2017
great company to work for and be a part of they do so much for so many people in the community. they offer great benefits and a lot of paid holidays.
n/a
Elder Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2017
working short, disrespectful administrative and staff (management). residents are right even when they are wrong including family members. lack of team work and too much dictating!!
Wonderful working environment
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2017
I have never worked for a company that gave me so much satisfaction like working with Catholic Charities. It's delightful to work for a company everyday it doesn't feel like a job!
Extremely Challenging work place
Psycho Educator (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 5, 2017
Highly volatile work place with severely disabled and at-risk youth. Responsible for teaching every subject in the curriculum with students experiencing a variety of educational, parental and economic deficiencies. You are required to use a variety of therapeutic approaches to maintain safety with the classroom and school building.
Pros
Positive influence in the lives of troubled youth
Cons
Dangerous and emotinally taxing
It was a blessed job for me
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 2, 2017
The hardest part of the job was controlling the special kids on the street while taking them to trip near by. and the most enjoyable part was watching them having fun. It was heavenly.
Pros
Free foods and Gifts
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor management
Site manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 2, 2017
Not a good place to work it has poor advancement opportunities and the senior management is only looking out for its own best interests. As a recommendation document all interactions with management
Cons
Poor management structure
Nice place
Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 1, 2017
This place is good when working for yourself and you willing to pay taxes. You do your own schedule and work the day you want, have time for family and children.
Meaningful Work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 30, 2017
Ethical, meaningful work. Manageable work load. Realistic expectations. Great benefits and supportive environment. When I had a family emergency, the whole staff rallied around me. It was the best place to work. Wish I could still be there.
Good working environment.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 29, 2017
Nice place to work. Supportive Co-workers. Best part of the job was getting the services clients needed. Good vacation/Holiday/benefits for workers.
Pros
Good training provided
Welcoming and professional Enviroment
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
A typical work day for me would involve calling clients to see how has their employment been going for them. Based off of information in their file I would determine if they should've made it past their 90 day probation period or not with company. I would refer clients to the Job Developer or make necessary updates to their case file. I file/organize documents, answer phones and respond to emails.
Pros
Meeting new people
working with autisum
Youth Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 26, 2017
working with kids that have disabilities that can include autisum. can be a stressful job some days are long thier certain situations where co workers can be clicky
Great Place to work
level of attention in customer service (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2017
I wonderful Place to work. Room to advance in upper management. orked for the company for 6 years and loved every minute. I wish i was still working their now, but selling of housing didn't help. I would love to work with Catholic Charities again.
Great & would reccommend
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 22, 2017
Amazing culture of colleagues and management, very helpful and understanding.
Pay was very satisfying while the management was the best I ever experienced.
okay
Dir. of Accounting & Finance / MIS (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 22, 2017
superb goals but disorganized, but with incredibly dedicated people willing to make a difference. without a balance of input from qualified sources outside the organization
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough interaction
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 22, 2017
Learned a lot of great new things with this company worked in a great Department was able to learn great new skills to take with me

was able to work with a lot of great people
was very rewarding
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILNovember 20, 2017
I had taken in more then a dozen children that needed a home over the years and it was very rewarding to know that I helped the children have a better life
Understanding management and great work culture
Bilingual Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 20, 2017
One of the main job functions is to assist clients in the behavioral health department. I've developed relationships with some of our clients and enjoy speaking with them and helping with whatever resources Catholic Charities has. My co-workers are very caring and make the environment one that I look forward to coming to everyday. Upper management has always been understanding and flexible any time I've had a health or family issue rise up. I appreciate them for always being genuinely concerned.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities. Our community is ready to answer.