Catholic Charities Employee Reviews

Found 1,022 reviews matching the search
Poor Cultural Experience
Lead Teacher/ Site Director (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMarch 22, 2017
This company broke my heart as an educator. It almost broke my love for teaching. There is a lack of support for staff and the administration does not care for families or helping children to further in their self regulation skills truly.
Fun
Beacon of Hope, Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 21, 2017
Great place to get our foot in the door, depending on your team effort, a lot gets done for clients. Management is always available when needed, very reliable.
It was a cool place i
Program Assistance -Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 21, 2017
I volunteer there i enjoyed it . they are a Catholic organization. That help with needy families that are in need they help with food and shelter. I work in the clothing store .
Friendly work place
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
Every worker get along with every one. working there you will learn a lot of different thing like cultures and different ways of working. what i enjoyed about working there is that you knew every coworker and they knew you
Very helpful company
Data Entry Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 16, 2017
I have only positive things to say about Catholic Charities. I was employed there on two different occasions as Disaster Recovery worker for both Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Ike. The management was helpful and thoughtful and we did help a lot of people.
Pros
Good job, good people and benefits
Cons
The contract ended and no other permanent positions were available.
productive and very helpful
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 16, 2017
fun, working with kids and helping them with daily need, need a strong mental state, very challenging to some who are new but worth it and very caring to their residents.
Pros
a lot of over time, free meals
Cons
a lot of youth accusations on abuse
Non-profit Alzheimer's outreach program
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 16, 2017
Enjoyed the experience of working for non-profit organization and making impact on people with Alzheimer's. Exceeded program object for two consecutive years.
Great professionals that truly love to service the communities.
Full Time Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Merrick, NYMarch 14, 2017
Great professionals that truly love to service the communities.Lots of room for promotions and a lot of job areas throughout Long Island are always available
Great Learning environment
Catholic Charities of Pittsburgh Intern (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2017
I love working with CCPgh and they are all very willing to teach me as an intern. I am learning a lot about this organization and what they do. Going into work each day is fun and I look forward to my internship days.
Great atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYMarch 9, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. It was unfortunate that I left ofr a position that didn't present itself the way it was when I was hired. Would love to work with them again.
Pros
nice place to be
Cons
too many changes
USCCB -MRS Reception & Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work, good people, who genuinely care for others well being. The refugee program does great work for families just arriving, and finding their way in the US.
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
Non profit, valve of skills not equal to pay but good company to improve oneself. Senior housing division in maintienace can be stressful but rewarding in improving skills and trade. Budgets can hold back on improvements but can also be a learning factor in management of the budget. Benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Rewarding and enjoyable
Lead Community Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2017
Working with women who use drugs and were placed in a residential treatment facility which I monitored client behavior and assisted staff in therapeutic groups. Escort women to 12 steps meetings and administered random drug screens. Helping women to transition back into the community to be productive people.
Good Work Life Balance
CSR Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 1, 2017
Wonderful people to work with. Job work and life balance is great. Very generous PTO and good benefits. Management and the culture is not always the best, but it is getting better since there is new management.
Pros
PTO and Hours
Cons
Pay, Management, Culture
great place to be
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYMarch 1, 2017
the days were long but the residents keep you busy so it doesnt seem like a long day. when you come in you either start to give medicine or cook. after dinner is served or medicine is given out we help the residents with work they got from program.
Pros
free lunch
Work with Catholic Charities
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 28, 2017
My experience was great and it gave me the opportunity to network with my Executive Director and move to Fedcap to open the new clinic with her.
Productive environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Friendly environment with hard working individuals who cared for their customers by addressing any concerns. Reliable and independent establishment, aids many by having an emergency food bank.
Cons
Very fulfilling (well-rounded atmosphere).
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2017
The job exposes one to indivuals/families of various cultures and levels of income. Due to the time that we live in, working as an outreach worker can be very dangerous and stressful. Staff are very supportive of one another's needs.
Pros
Decent benefits, and great job security.
Cons
Micro-management.
I really like working here
Light housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 26, 2017
They are fair with time off request, team work, fun place to work, I like my hours, I work night shift 10 hour shifts, Sun. night , Mon. night, Tue. night and Wed. night off Thur. Fri. and Sat's We have monthly meeting which is good to discuss any problems we might have or to discuss the residents on how they are doing and if there is any thing they might need. I plan on staying with Catholic Charities. Just looking for PT work on Friday's and Saturdays
work environment was excellent.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 25, 2017
I enjoyed that data entry part of this job. I have always enjoyed the paper rush, paying attention to detail and being able to determine eligibility for applicants.
Pros
Location of the job was great.
Cons
Very strict about time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Charities. Our community is ready to answer.