Catholic Community Services of Western Washington Employee Reviews

Crisis Care for hurting families is extremely difficult but rewarding
Crisis Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thurston County, WAAugust 17, 2017
We had appointments for ongoing care for our clients each day. We would organize assistance to help the families based on their personal needs and strengths and add the support necessary to build a qualified team to assist them with their personal goals.
Pros
Seeing families improve
Cons
Seeing families stuck, isolated or unwilling to improve
Management was very hard to please
HCA (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 29, 2017
Clients were wonderful but management had very high expectations. Management lied to my and a client when I was fired. Fired due to family illness which I was never offered time off either paid or unpaid. Fought me tooth and nail for 6 months over my unemployment. For a non-profit they sure didnt show me any compassion.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Cons
Management and no overtime
Great atmosphere work place
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2017
always busy helping residence needs. must work well with others and out going to fit in. and working your own pace, must know how to find work when it is needed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
expensive parking if needed
Very Rewarding , non secure hours
In Home Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WAMay 5, 2017
This job is very rewarding, you get to help people everyday, talk hours of stories , calm , happy enviroment .Only down side is non secure hours, cant count on it for a full time job.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Non Secure hours
Good Place to Work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 30, 2017
You are paid to take your classes, you can create your own schedule by telling them when you are available. You have the chance to help people and be your own boss as you are going to be alone in the field and only calling your boss if you need help or there is something wrong, like a client not being present at the home during a scheduled visit.
Pros
Get a raise after 90 days, good pay, good hours
Cons
often left on by yourself, expected to travel, clients may use you or ask for too much
Flexible hours but no growth
Rapid Rehousing Program, Housing Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
CCS is great company to work for. They have flexible hours and have decent benefits. People are nice and it's a great work environment. If you are looking to move up to management, it is very difficult and the chances are very slim.
Excellent Community Services
Congregate Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 13, 2017
Open to program improvements, gives managers ability to make adjustments within funding agency guidelines. Open to new methods of serving senior citizens.
decent place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 14, 2017
I enjoy working for Catholic Community Services. My problem with is with the Union and the pay. As the minimum wages goes up I end up making less each year as the cost of living goes up but my wages don't go up proportionately. Every time I have a question or issue with the Union they either barely speak English or don't provide any assistance.
Great Benefits, Lots of Turnover
Volunteer Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 12, 2016
The agency tries to do well to their employees by providing plenty of sick and vacation leave, plus holidays and 2 personal holidays throughout the year. They recently approved a $15 min wage, so wages might improve. However, when I was there I was hardly making enough to live on my own and I was a manager of a program. Because of burnout, lack of adequate pay, etc. there was a lot of turnover which has led to a lot of rushed hires of new managers, staff, etc.

They do have fun things to do together such as a summer picnic, Christmas party, plenty of potlucks and in-office activities. People are generally nice and easy to work with.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Too much turnover
Commitment to their Employees and Clients.
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WADecember 6, 2016
Catholic Community Services, Provides wonderful services not only to their Clients, but to their employees too. Always finding ways to help each-other excel and grow.
Pros
Room for Growth
Cons
Keeping hours can be difficult if out in the field.
placement of foster children
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 20, 2016
To match up kids to foster homes temporary or permanent. Making sure all of kids and foster parent needs are met. We as foster parents rely on them for support and education.
It's a way of life cycle
In Home Care giving (Current Employee) –  Chehalis, WASeptember 14, 2016
There are multiple emotions, attitude, also I find that its easy to do but yet it so hard to not let the job let me down. We dont have co workers. we all work as individual, the hard part is that when you arrive at the client home. I may not know what i'm up for. I have to play it all by ear. it may be a good day or it might be a bad day. I dont mind that job. There just depression in the middle at young age woman like my self..
Flexible hours
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 3, 2016
Management can be a bit annoying sometimes with wanting you to do sub shifts but either than that it's a pretty good company. I've never had a problem that couldn't be fixed and case managers are always willing to work with/around your schedule.
Pros
Raises, flexibility
Ever evolving organization that stays rooted in helping families.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 16, 2015
A typical day is anything but typical. We serve families 24/7, and rotate on an on-call schedule to best serve families. Much of our work is in the field (community), so we can meet the family in a comfortable environment for them. When we are in the office, consultation and support for the staff is ever-present. This support is helpful, especially when families are in crisis, often after the traditional work day is done. We must be flexible to serve these families, but this flexibility also creates time for self care, which they stress at this job. This job will prepare you for many aspects of the social services field.
Pros
Self care is emphasized. Good support.
Cons
Non traditional hours and on call weekends.
Home care aid
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 12, 2015
I deal with my clients. running errands, doing shopping, cooking, cleaning, answering calls, making appointments. I work with multiple people in my day. The management is always helpful and is there when something happens.
not a compassionate place and low pay
Current employee (Current Employee) –  SeattleMay 5, 2015
The mission is great but unfortunately the management are not very good and they don't practice it as it is supposed to. They dispose people as they pleased. Human Resources doesn't work as HR is always on the side of the employer. The pay is low and there is not room for grow.
Pros
The staff is nice
Cons
Low pay, HR is very bad, management has no compassion and they don't care about people as much as they say so.
great work, horrible management
CDP (Current Employee) –  Western washingtonFebruary 6, 2015
Working with the clients and fellow chemical dependency counselors is rewarding. Ccsww benefits are great. But management is disorganized.
Pros
working with clients who need help.
Cons
between a 1-10 management is a 3, lower pay scale for profession
good experience in general
MSW Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2015
big agency with thousands of employees, co-workers are nice, not particularly religious
Crisis response to response
Care Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 15, 2012
Worked interdependently with others

No typical day at work

Enjoyed working with families to provide direct supervision of children
Pros
providing service to families and youth
Cons
inconsistent hours