Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews in United States

They are still helping people.
warehouse/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 7, 2016
The company cares about their employees, and the community.
It was a privilege to work with and for them. The work was manageable yet not impossible. Working for them helped me to
get more experience on a forklift.
Pros
They have christmas parties.
Cons
Their were miss communications sometimes.
Do your homework
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 2, 2016
They don't give raises and pay pennies and you have to use your own car for home visits. Management keeps pushing for more work and giving more cases but they don't care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare paid time off
Great hours
Home Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 29, 2016
The company is always willing to work with your schedule and make accommodations where needed. the management was always there to answer any questions you might have.
Great place to work, great people
Group Life Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 20, 2016
Loved this job. Everything about it. My supervisors, co-workers were great. Great working environment. Beautiful facility. Got along with staff and clients.
rewarding job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 24, 2015
It was great to help people who need help with food and other things. It was great to watch the face of the people when they seen all the different food
Enjoyed working with the diversity of clients
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 23, 2015
Enjoyed working with a diversity of co-workers, enjoyable company picnic's and yearly retreat.
The hardest part of my job was that the supervisor I had listened to what you said but didn't hear you.
The most enjoyable part of my job was several things: Driving to peoples homes, visiting w/ them in their home, making a difference in their lives by the time the intervention is done ( about a 1 year to a year and a half. Working as a team, toward the same goal.
loved working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  chehalis waOctober 14, 2015
I had a lot of fun getting to know my clients they brought a lot of happiness to my life and I enjoyed knowing I made a difference in there lives
Pros
hour lunch i picked hours i wanted to work
Cons
paid once a month
Working with cleints to make their life better
HCA (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 5, 2015
We go though a care plan to make sure it is followed and try to see if there is any other problems that need to be address. We make sure they are safe and well taken care of. Cleints wanting more then what the care plan has stated. We know this, and train for this try of problem so we can work with the cleint and make sure the are happy and understanding what we are allowed to due.
Pros
See people happy
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Typical day
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2015
As a Community Umbrella Agency (CUA) Case Manager, provide a full range of case management and outreach services to children/adolescents and their families accepted into the program. Service provided provisions in compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS) performance standards and regulatory guidelines. Emphasis on child safety, well-being, and family stability. Provides services to a caseload of children/youth and family members, including but not limited to specific services collaborating with the Philadelphia The Family Court of Philadelphia County to, identify goals, and develop and implement tailored service plans that best support the stability of the family environment. Create and develop comprehensive assessments of safety and risk management objective plans, Maintenance of all oral and written contacts regarding appropriate services on behalf of the family and child.
Pros
Overal a good place to work.
Cons
Job advancement could be better.
Fulfilling Work Enviroment
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 23, 2015
Coming in to this office is a new adventure daily, you never know who will enter and what the need will be. Amazing team environment management tends to create a tense and hostile environment.
Pros
Serving those in need
Cons
Politics
unprofessional, lack of diversity and biased
manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2015
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this agency. Poorly managed, unqualified staff and waste of federal money. Very poor services to the individuals recieving services.
Pros
the individuals who are receiving services
Cons
low pay, poor benefits, pettiness, gossipy/unproductive environment poorly managed, management and staff overly concerned with themselves, the whole environment lacks quality and professionalism
it is a great place to attend catholic Mass in uincy
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 6, 2015
The church is very organized and priest are great. I have learned more about bible teaches and how to be faithful and treat other people with respect. The management is well organized and leaders are great. I had a good relationship with mt coworkers. The job is not that hard because it volunteer job.When I'm serving the house of the Lord.
A good company, overall. The staff genuinely care for their patients and do the best they can to accommodate everyone.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 22, 2015
Catholic Community Services is state funded, so there are several rules and regulations everyone must abide by, including the managers. State social workers are charged with finding a home care agency and writing a detailed healthcare plan for the patients. Then a manager from the chosen agency must assign one or more home health aides they feel will meet the needs of the state approved healthcare plan. The home health aide is then responsible for caring for the patient on a daily basis as directed by the manager, and must make regular reports back to the manager regarding the patient's improving/declining health. If the patient's health should improve or decline, the manager must then contact the state social worker, who will then visit the patient and make a new healthcare plan based on the patient's more current health conditions.
Pros
Hours are flexible
Cons
Doesn't pay very much
Great Staff!
Child Care Food Program- Clerical/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVMay 15, 2015
This company has many different programs that reach out to the community. The staff is an amazing group of people who are dedicated and hardworking to provide the best services.
Stressful and unsupportive environment
Refugee Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2015
Not a lot of opportunities for growth. Not open to new ideas or innovative ways of doing things. Management was not supportive in allowing employees time to take feedback and grow in their learning experiences. I took a lot away from the job but that's only due to me being introspection. I wouldn't have traded my experiences there but I feel that it could have been better.
Decent Place to Work
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at CCS. The staff and clients were enjoyable to work with, and it was a great place to get my start in the health care field. That being said, compensation is pretty low, and there were many times when coverage never showed up to relieve me. The company would pay me double if I had to stick around for a double-shift, but it still didn't make up for the fact that this happened pretty frequently.

I worked under 3 managers while I was there. All but the last one were great to work for. I had some concerns about the final manager I worked with that I brought to the higher-ups in the company, and they always took the side of my manager over me. I felt very undervalued, and that they could replace me at a moment's notice.

Still, if you want to get your start in the health care field, CCS is a good place to work. Every company has its downsides, but CCS has been the most professional and organized company I've worked for in this field.
Pros
Lots of paid vacation time, good working conditions, pleasant staff/clients
Cons
Low pay, no-shows were common, lack of appreciation for employees
fast pace various type of clients
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  bremertonFebruary 26, 2015
Great place for any type of client. Management will assist in placing you with a client that's within your specific request and at hours your willing and able to work. I hated bathroom duties that was the hardest but just uncomfortable the enjoyable times was getting to know my clients and helping to comfort them in any way to make their day.
Pros
locations at times
Cons
distance between clients
great place to work if you enjoy helping children
Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 19, 2015
Drove children to many different activities, visits, psychologist appointments, court etc. Management sometimes not understanding of the dangers some of the higher risk children presented while driving out on the road with them. Stomping your foot on the gas pedal because you wouldn't stop for a cigarette butt, on the way home from an ashtray. But, the feeling you get when you give those same kids your respect and trust, and in turn gain it back from them. When they would beg you not to leave and when you could mentor between them and the foster parents to help them to better understand each other. Best job ever. I would still be there, if the mileage on the car hadn't been so big. They had me drive down to Vancouver, and up to Seattle. I had so many miles on my car that it was going to wear out before I had it paid off. Also being on call, made it impossible to plan for any family needs, or doctor appointments etc. At the time I had my own children, so being paged just as I was heading into town or to an appointment with one of them made it very bad for family life. Also was required to do over nights at the last minute. Now with the kids grown, I would not mind that as much. Still a lot of miles on vehicle however. Miss the interactions with the kids.
Pros
loved the challenge of the job. loved inter acting with both kids and foster parents.
Cons
wasn't in love with being on call 24 hours a day then.
Main Office Volunteer
Main Office Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Performed clerical and office work. I was in charge of filing, copying and printing educational worksheets . I also worked with the Seattle Education standards. I answered phones and shredded papers.
Greatly enjoyed clientelle, assisting the needy!
Property Mgr/Security Sup/Maint Sup for At-Risk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
Took great pride with assistance to needy/diverse residents. Program Manager admitted to wanting to replace me with minority to reflect diverse population.