Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

unprofessional, lack of diversity and biased
manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2015
Pros: the individuals who are receiving services
Cons: low pay, poor benefits, pettiness, gossipy/unproductive environment poorly managed, management and staff overly concerned with themselves, the whole environment lacks quality and professionalism
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at this agency. Poorly managed, unqualified staff and waste of federal money. Very poor services to the individuals recieving services.
it is a great place to attend catholic Mass in uincy
Volunteer (Current Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 6, 2015
The church is very organized and priest are great. I have learned more about bible teaches and how to be faithful and treat other people with respect. The management is well organized and leaders are great. I had a good relationship with mt coworkers. The job is not that hard because it volunteer job.When I'm serving the house of the Lord.
A good company, overall. The staff genuinely care for their patients and do the best they can to accommodate everyone.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee), Kent, WAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Hours are flexible
Cons: Doesn't pay very much
Catholic Community Services is state funded, so there are several rules and regulations everyone must abide by, including the managers. State social workers are charged with finding a home care agency and writing a detailed healthcare plan for the patients. Then a manager from the chosen agency must assign one or more home health aides they feel will meet the needs of the state approved healthcare – more... plan. The home health aide is then responsible for caring for the patient on a daily basis as directed by the manager, and must make regular reports back to the manager regarding the patient's improving/declining health. If the patient's health should improve or decline, the manager must then contact the state social worker, who will then visit the patient and make a new healthcare plan based on the patient's more current health conditions. – less
Great Staff!
Child Care Food Program- Clerical/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVMay 15, 2015
This company has many different programs that reach out to the community. The staff is an amazing group of people who are dedicated and hardworking to provide the best services.
Stressful and unsupportive environment
Refugee Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2015
Not a lot of opportunities for growth. Not open to new ideas or innovative ways of doing things. Management was not supportive in allowing employees time to take feedback and grow in their learning experiences. I took a lot away from the job but that's only due to me being introspection. I wouldn't have traded my experiences there but I feel that it could have been better.
Decent Place to Work
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee), Albany, ORApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of paid vacation time, good working conditions, pleasant staff/clients
Cons: Low pay, no-shows were common, lack of appreciation for employees
I enjoyed my time at CCS. The staff and clients were enjoyable to work with, and it was a great place to get my start in the health care field. That being said, compensation is pretty low, and there were many times when coverage never showed up to relieve me. The company would pay me double if I had to stick around for a double-shift, but it still didn't make up for the fact that this happened pretty – more... frequently.

I worked under 3 managers while I was there. All but the last one were great to work for. I had some concerns about the final manager I worked with that I brought to the higher-ups in the company, and they always took the side of my manager over me. I felt very undervalued, and that they could replace me at a moment's notice.

Still, if you want to get your start in the health care field, CCS is a good place to work. Every company has its downsides, but CCS has been the most professional and organized company I've worked for in this field. – less
fast pace various type of clients
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee), bremertonFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: locations at times
Cons: distance between clients
Great place for any type of client. Management will assist in placing you with a client that's within your specific request and at hours your willing and able to work. I hated bathroom duties that was the hardest but just uncomfortable the enjoyable times was getting to know my clients and helping to comfort them in any way to make their day.
great place to work if you enjoy helping children
Family Partner (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: loved the challenge of the job. loved inter acting with both kids and foster parents.
Cons: wasn't in love with being on call 24 hours a day then.
Drove children to many different activities, visits, psychologist appointments, court etc. Management sometimes not understanding of the dangers some of the higher risk children presented while driving out on the road with them. Stomping your foot on the gas pedal because you wouldn't stop for a cigarette butt, on the way home from an ashtray. But, the feeling you get when you give those same kids – more... your respect and trust, and in turn gain it back from them. When they would beg you not to leave and when you could mentor between them and the foster parents to help them to better understand each other. Best job ever. I would still be there, if the mileage on the car hadn't been so big. They had me drive down to Vancouver, and up to Seattle. I had so many miles on my car that it was going to wear out before I had it paid off. Also being on call, made it impossible to plan for any family needs, or doctor appointments etc. At the time I had my own children, so being paged just as I was heading into town or to an appointment with one of them made it very bad for family life. Also was required to do over nights at the last minute. Now with the kids grown, I would not mind that as much. Still a lot of miles on vehicle however. Miss the interactions with the kids. – less
Main Office Volunteer
Main Office Volunteer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Performed clerical and office work. I was in charge of filing, copying and printing educational worksheets . I also worked with the Seattle Education standards. I answered phones and shredded papers.
Greatly enjoyed clientelle, assisting the needy!
Property Mgr/Security Sup/Maint Sup for At-Risk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2014
Took great pride with assistance to needy/diverse residents. Program Manager admitted to wanting to replace me with minority to reflect diverse population.
INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE
DIRECT CARE PROFESSIONAL 1 (Former Employee), Salem, ORDecember 9, 2014
Pros: the people definately and the work environment
Cons: none that stand out
I ENJOYED MY TIME AT THE HOUSES I WORKED IN, ALWAYS DIFFERENT SOMETIMES EVEN CHALLENGING. GREAT PLACE TO WORK, MANAGEMENT AND CO WORKERS WERE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO ANSWERS QUESTIONS AND GIVE DIRECTION WHEN NECESSARY. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB BESIDES LEAVING WAS NOT GIVING TO MUCH ASSISTANCE AS PART OF MY JOB WAS TO LET MY CUSTOMERS DO FOR THEMSELVES. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WERE THE CUSTOMERS THEMSELVES, UNIQUE AND WONDERFUL, COMPLICATED AND CARING, AWESOME JOB THE ONLY REASON TO LEAVE WAS BEING NEEDED IN LOUISIANA TO HELP MY FRIEND AFTER HIS WIFES PASSING.
Postitive environment
Case Management Intern (Former Employee), Salem, ORDecember 9, 2014
Very supportive company! I always felt inspired in serving the populations that this company assists.
Wonderful Temp position
Developmental Assistant (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 4, 2014
Pros: centrally locacted, close to home, wonderful people, decent pay, flexable management, all around wonderful place to work.
Cons: none at this time.
Beautiful nonprofit with even more outstanding employees. You can feel the compassion for others the second you walk through the door. In every department you will find someone with at least 10 years on personal experience with this company, which shows me they truly stand by their mission statement.
Horrible abusive work environment
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee), Salem, OROctober 15, 2014
Cons: the entire experience.
A typical day consisted of being taking advantage of and stepped all over. The more you give the more they expect and it's never appreciated. Co-workers are mostly unintelligent petty drama seekers looking to make themselves look and feel better through braking down those around them. The management is that and worse. If a person dares to stand up for themselves they are labeled insubordinate and eventually a reason is found to get rid of them. They break laws all the time from denying sick people a day off to not sending out final checks on time. It is a terrible company to work for!
meet lots of people
Caregiver (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 3, 2014
Working with people you get to know their likes and dislikes when you work with them directly like I do. You also need to learn to hold
your tongue you don't want to say the wrong thing
The best part of this job were the people that I worked with
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, ORSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: i can't really think of any except the peeps that i worked with
Cons: not enough lead time
The expectations for this job were extremely hard. We were expected to know everything about every caller, the callers were not always that willing...
Great Place
Secretary (Former Employee), Cranford, NJAugust 25, 2014
Dealing with the public and helping out everyone was a great experience.
Working with Foster Kids and the Community
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Olympia, WAAugust 21, 2014
I had a great time working with foster youth and parents in a number of capacities. Everything from making sure clients got to school, to helping them with meeting personal goals, and providing safety for them in public places.

CCS one of the best working experiences I have had.
it is a good place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee), Canby, ORAugust 4, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: not enough pay
i do all diffent shift i dont have a typical day but on day shift we wight till the people get up and they take a shower and staff fix breakfast then they go out to work which is just at home with house staff then they have lunch then they go out for a drive . when did i learn working at that home is that you have to have routine with them . we have a good working managenment they use open door we can take to them when we need to. my co workers help when they can. the hard part of the job is when one of the people i take of thinks she is are boos and trys to boos all of us around the most enjoyable thing that i do at work is to see that the people are happy and are well cared for
Good company to get started as a Caregiver or DCP
Direct Care Personal/ House Trainer (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 2, 2014
Pros: the clients, excperinse, trainning, good pto and medical leave.
Cons: understaffed, no understanding of having small kids or sick family members, and drama.
I loved working with the guys in the group home. I miss them all greatly. CCS is a great company to work for if you have never worked as a dcp or caregiver before. they get you all your certifications you need like; CPR/ First aid, OIS, BBP, and all the Training and experience you will ever need. work go back to CCS and back to the house I worked at if I didnt have my house manager, or the girls I – more... worked with except my LPN's. I harassed from coworkers and my manager would not do anything about it and her manager would not have a meeting with me, so I ended up just quieting. It is not a hard job at all its fun you get to have fun with the people you take care of. I got to go to my first Oprah, my first Oregon state fair ( and I grew up in Oregon). I would have to say the most enjoyably part of the job would be seeing the smiles on the faces of the clients when I would get to work, and the feeling when one of them would not do anything unless your there or tell you to go home because you look tired and its dark and not your normal shift. I miss them there and If you can keep your personal life away (not make friends with coworkers) and not get in the high school BS there Its a wonderful job. I am grateful for CCS giving me the chance and experience I got from there But unless I got a new manager and the house managers manager is not the same guy I would go back.

One last thing BE READY TO WORK YOUR BUT OFF. YOU WILL GET ALL THE OT THAT YOU COULD EVER WANT NEED OR WISH FOR PLUS SOME!!!!! – less