Catholic Community Services Employee Reviews

I loved this job
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with Catholic Community Services. Maybe not always the most organized as far as staff supervisors are concerned but still an excellent company to work for! I have missed it!
Pros
Build your own schedule, paid time off, paid training, paid mileage, union membership
Cons
Union membership, unable to take off more than one holiday in a 3 month period, unorganized office support staff
Really worked with your schedule.
Caregver (Former Employee) –  Chehalis, WAMarch 15, 2017
I loved working with my clients. I learned a lot about myself being a caregiver. Working with clients and assisting them with their needs was so rewarding. The office people could do much better at working together in the office though. There was a lot of mix up most days.
Was an experience
parent Aide (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2017
Management was not attentive. There was not a chance for growth. There was not an opportunity to get a pay increase. I felt like i was over worked and underpaid.
Best
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98407February 28, 2017
Best support system, and clinical support. The children and the flexibility given allows better and not conformed process, It is a healthy and healing environment
Pros
Staff Support, Peer support, Flexibility
Cons
A good learning environment for an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone was willing to help out and teach me what I needed to learn. Everyone was friendly and were willing to give advice as well. Clients were easy to work with as well.
like being a caregiver
Caregiver for the Elderly and Disabled (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 14, 2017
I enjoy working for Catholic Community Services. My problem with is with the Union and the pay. As the minimum wages goes up I end up making less each year as the cost of living goes up but my wages don't go up proportionately. Every time I have a question or issue with the Union they either barely speak English or don't provide any assistance.
Committed to Social Justice, Hard Work and Fun
Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2016
A typical day of work at this non-profit is very busy, non-stop. I have learned had to compress more productivity into less time. Management is realistic and in touch with work being done on the front lines. Coworkers are professional, committed and enjoy one anothers' company. The hardest part of the job is seeing client slip the cracks despite their/your best efforts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie on the team.
Pros
Camaraderie, benefits
Cons
Long hours, clients with very challenging circumstances
Very poorly managed
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2016
The Tucson location is very poorly managed. Very high turn over, the focus is on the bottom line. No care for the clients. They treat employees horribly, micromanagement, and the pay is very low. They haven't given anyone raises in ten years. Employees are bitter and overworked so the quality of care and services suffers.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, unqualified management
Fantastic Place to work!
WRAP Facilitator/FSS (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 12, 2016
One of the most supportive, caring work place environments you'd ever find! Leadership/Supervisors truly care about you, your work load and your self care. Great benefits and pay (best in this field), flexible work hours as it is community based. The most enriching part of this work is how great the work is - we are community based - we take the mental health outpatient to youth and families and work with them in their homes and the community. We journey along with families, providing education/support/skills that will be long lasting in helping both the youth and their families learn/grow/manage their youth's mental health. We even support families/caregivers if we identify they have medical/mental/financial needs that are barriers to the youth's mental health improving. We are extremely transparent with families but also super respectful, we are strength based/outcomes focused and are guided by the principles of family voice and choice (they are directing us and directly collaborating with us throughout the intervention), individualized, team based, and every family is assigned a team of people to work with them that includes individual & family therapy, WRAP Around services that attach supports to the family and parent & youth peers. It's one of the most comprehensive and caring approaches to mental health outpatient care in the county.
Pros
The Work! Benefits and work environment
Cons
Working some weekends, being on call
Mission is amazing, execution needs work
Crisis Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 27, 2016
I worked in different jobs and this review is pertaining to the family preservation site. The mission and values statement is encouraging and the idea of what type of work that needs to be done in the community (in regards to children's mental health) is also a great motivator. The supervision is mediocre and they have knee jerk reactions to issues that could be solved in logical manner.
Productive and fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 30, 2016
Catholic Charities is a great job with many rewarding & challenging careers,with room for advancement. Great benefits and retirement pension with 401K plan.
Pros
Free workshops / inservice
Cons
Healthcare
Help others
Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2016
Loved helping others. The parent aide prgram is the best. I loved working with my team. Helping parents see their children, and seeing the childrens smiles made me happy. During the holiday season was the most rewarding experience to me.
Pros
My worked with an exellent team.
Cons
I'm no longer there
I worked in the behavioral healthcare field and provided intense case manager services to clients throughout NJ. The assignment was very diversed.
I.C.M. S. Case Manager/Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2016
I provided services to clients throughout NJ area. The assignment allowed to gain very valuable work experience and diversity.
Great company to work for
FAMILY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 21, 2016
I was on call most of the time but asking for time off was rarely an issue. I loved the work and the people I worked with.

Hardest part of the job was being on call.
They are still helping people.
warehouse/forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 7, 2016
The company cares about their employees, and the community.
It was a privilege to work with and for them. The work was manageable yet not impossible. Working for them helped me to
get more experience on a forklift.
Pros
They have christmas parties.
Cons
Their were miss communications sometimes.
Great hours
Home Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 29, 2016
The company is always willing to work with your schedule and make accommodations where needed. the management was always there to answer any questions you might have.
Great place to work, great people
Group Life Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 20, 2016
Loved this job. Everything about it. My supervisors, co-workers were great. Great working environment. Beautiful facility. Got along with staff and clients.
rewarding job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 24, 2015
It was great to help people who need help with food and other things. It was great to watch the face of the people when they seen all the different food
Enjoyed working with the diversity of clients
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 23, 2015
Enjoyed working with a diversity of co-workers, enjoyable company picnic's and yearly retreat.
The hardest part of my job was that the supervisor I had listened to what you said but didn't hear you.
The most enjoyable part of my job was several things: Driving to peoples homes, visiting w/ them in their home, making a difference in their lives by the time the intervention is done ( about a 1 year to a year and a half. Working as a team, toward the same goal.
loved working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  chehalis waOctober 14, 2015
I had a lot of fun getting to know my clients they brought a lot of happiness to my life and I enjoyed knowing I made a difference in there lives
Pros
hour lunch i picked hours i wanted to work
Cons
paid once a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Community Services Reviews by Location