Catholic Eldercare Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
okay workplace not enough flexibility with hours or pay
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2017
work hours are 8 hours but they are not flexible
pay is not equal to the job description
not enough workers so its hard to get days off
not enough hours provided to workers
Terrible Leadership/management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 26, 2017
Wonderful workplace when it comes to the residents and coworkers but extremely unorganized and dysfunctional management.
Cons
Director of Nursing
very gratifying experience
Dining Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2016
the workers are what makes the job the best. you find life long friends in these people. the residents make the experience of working here so amazing and it is a very rewarding thing to do.
Pros
free meal per shift
Cons
management is messy
nice elderly
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 24, 2016
An typical day at catholic eldercare would consist of having a daily kitchen meeting to inform the aides of the evening meal and guests. When working at the nursing home I learned what certain seniors weren't able to eat, what they could be highly at risk of and certain vaccines. The hardest part of the job is trying to ensure that everyone is happy; the seniors, their guest, the back cooks and sometimes nurses, The most enjoyable part of the day was breakfast this was kind of known as the social hour of the day because that's when most residents came out of their rooms! Most of the elderly like to tell stories so i kind of got to grow close to some while working there.
perdotive
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 11, 2016
its been a great experience working at Catholic eldercare. Everybody gets along with everybody. I have no problems with anybody. The residents have been awesome to work with.
It is obvious that this company loves what it does
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2015
Every employee - from dining staff and maintenance to upper management - is trained in customer service for the elderly population that is served. The attitude of caring for the residents is infectious!

I work at two different sites: the Nursing Home, and one of the Assisted Living residences. The job duties differ but there is some overlap. A "typical" day might start with opening the building, cleaning and disinfecting the reception area, and delivering newspapers to the nursing stations. The phones usually don't get busy right away, so I catch up on routine tasks: logging maintenance work orders, preparing clothing to be laundry-labled (all done in Excel), checking and follow up with email (Outlook), keeping marketing packets stocked and current. When the phones start to ring, I am very busy with managing multiple calls at once and transferring appropriately. Visitors arrive and must sign in; I welcome them and give direction. I will take meal registrations, update records and documentation (Word and Excel), and perform many other office functions which I must prioritize around clinical emergencies, resident concerns, and many phone calls. If I am working the evening shift, I will clean up the reception area and lock up the building,

I have learned how to communicate with a very diverse population of public and residents. I have increased my ability to listen carefully, especially to the "underlying" concerns that might not be verbally expressed. I have sharpened my applicable office skills, especially office machines, mult-line phone systems, and MS Office.

My
  more... co-workers also are a diverse group. I have learned to understand different points of view and to get the job done despite different work styles and personalities.

The hardest part of my job is that I don't get any breaks. I cannot leave the reception area for any length of time. That means I have to make a quick bathroom stop, or go wash my hands before I eat at the desk.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to merge my interests in helping others with my desire for organization, efficiency, technology, and solving problems.
Pros
The company really cares about the residents.
Cons
I don't work with clinical data which is what I am trained to do.
working with people from my culture
On-call Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 22, 2014
Flexible and supportive work environment. Co-workers are helpful and willing to provide assistance. Supervisors are readily available to respond to concerns of staff.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Limited pay for job
interactive work place
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at the assisted living section of the job is demanding, but fun due to the accommodating and lively residents. I was able to learn so much, especially as a nursing student, the medication administration helps to know much about name of drugs and what they are used for. The management is ok, but my co-workers are fun to work with, we do a lot of team work. which makes the job less stressful. The hardest part of the job is the house-keeping, the most enjoyable part is the friendly nurses and residents.
Pros
free food on holidays
Cons
approval of vacation
Have enjoyed growing in my role here
Certified Nurse Assistant/LPN (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2013
Great work environment. I like the variety of skills we perform and also the teamwork that is shared with my coworkers. Many activities for the residents to participate in. Have enjoyed my stay with this company. I would recommend it!
Pros
Mutiple shifts/Locations
Cons
When a resident passes away
Productive and good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2013
Answer phones and greeting people was enjoyable. I learned to be patient with elderly people; it was an assisted living facility. My co-workers were very helpful, friendly cooperative. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was not always saying "yes" to other worker's when they wanted me to fill in their shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the elderly resident's.
Pros
Some free lunches and dinners
Cons
No breaks, except to go to the bathroom

Want to know more about Catholic Eldercare?

Ask a question