Catholic Family Center Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  87 North Clinton AveJuly 28, 2016
This is a horrible place to work. You will be overworked, underpaid and not at all appreciated. They suck people dry and then spit them out. The pay scale is significantly lower than its counterparts, it is chaotic, and they talk a big game about caring for their employees but their actions say otherwise. All they want is a group of robots to do as they say, keep their heads down. They are all about treating clients with respect and dignity but do the opposite for their own employees.
Pros
Being in a job that is helping others
Cons
Pay, Agency culture, stress, overworked, underpaid
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2016
I liked interning at the Catholic Family Center, my duties consisted of organizing various county information and basic correspondence. I learned how to be professional on the phone and how to organize information. The most challenging part of my stay was that it got a little repetitious, the most enjoyable part was learning how to e-mail different counties.
Pros
I got my own office
Cons
my work was very repetitous
I think think the Cfc is a good place to work.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 14, 2016
It seems as though people who have worked for the Catholic Family Center, had positive experiences.It seems as though the Cfc has plenty of resources to offer the community.I would like to be a part of this productive agency, by working as a employee in it.
Pros
Able to help the community.I
Cons
Seeing people who are in need
application of total interest
Kitchen apprentice (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2016
the job was effective and progressive along with the sum of learning kitchen menu dishes along with learning how to execute service of food.
Pros
variety of dishes
Cons
appetites
would not change a thing
Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 6, 2015
doing what I liked best helping the clients. I learned a lot of patients. when I started management was great. outgoing and friendly. the hardest part was losing a client. the most enjoyable part was watching the client blossom.
good working experience along with community service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 15, 2014
field work entails: working with seniors and adults. through MCC internship I worked over 200 extras doing community services. The nicest part of my internship, was meeting elders and planning activities along with going on walks when the weather was nice. I've learned so much being around seniors and they all seems to like me as well.
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
having to leave when my internship was over.
Enjoy the people I work with
Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Always being around people and having someone to talk to and something to do to keep me nusy is what keeps me going, I dont like desk jobs I have to be moving
Pros
work outside always moving work with people
Cons
low pay
Very Giving
Program Assistant for Reentry (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2014
Was honored to work with such dedicated people. Very driven folks, always working for both internal/external customers. The business was reentry - clients coming out of jail/prison. The compassion and fire with which my supervisors and co-workers met each day was visible.
Pros
Great people, plenty of hard work to go round
Cons
'mother ship' at main office did not see our efforts as closely as we would have liked
Catholic Family Center is nice place to work.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2014
Currently i'm working at Catholic Family Center. I would like to advocate the peoples from my community.
not a fair employer
security (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 25, 2014
thought for a church based non profit company cfc would be fair to its employees, but i was wrong. politics is high , as well as indescrimanate firing for no reason what so ever.
Pros
not many anymore.
Cons
benfits have been cut drastically, parking in city is not reimbursed, you can be let go for no cause.
programmer
Crystal Reports Developer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day was creating reports using BI for the agency. Catholic Family Center was a gret place to work. Co-workers would help each other and clients out to their best knowledge.
Education and Experience
Office Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2013
Filing of documents
Data entry of sensitive client information
Copy
Mailing
Pros
Accomadating work hours
Cons
advancement for employment
Atmosphere
Medical Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2013
I absolutely love everything about this organization they are selfless in the sense of they are there for the community as a non profit organization when there client are going through something they honestly care. They treat their employees like they are important I really love this company.
Pros
non-profit
Cons
Great company to work for
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 10, 2013
Wasn't A busy enviornment worked with homeless individuals
Great people who really work hard to help people in unfortunate situations
Intensive Case manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 18, 2013
A get to work and clients come in for assistance.
Can be anything from food, to help filling out applications. Some people are iliterate, some are intimdated by "professionals"..My job is to help them feel comfortable and not ashamed of their situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is using my humor to dull a painful situation in a client's life. I am a listener and an advocate..The hardest part of the job is not being able to assist a person with a problem.
Pros
free parking, helping, people
Cons
the money, lack of chances to advance, stagnation
homeless shelter filled with everyday suprises
Acts as liaison (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 25, 2012
my day consisted of monitoring the building while doing meal set ups and intake paperwork along with billing and assisting clients finding other resources
Pros
when capable of assisting in a success story
Cons
unable to complete a success story
A difficult and stressful place to work
counselor (Former Employee) –  RestartFebruary 17, 2012
If someone were to ask me to summarize working at CFC I'd have to say it is a chaotic, stressful and an unsupportive working environment. They pay lower on the pay scale than other agencies and their health insurance premiums are very high. Human resource staff are rude and not helpful. Management are unclear and not consistent about company policy. Management do not recognize employees with positive feedback when due; only negative. Many former and current employees report similar experiences.
Pros
working with clients and flexible work schedule.
Cons
most everything else.
Cathoilic Family Center is a wonderful place to start a career.
Interpreter/Translator for Nepali Language (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2011
All co-workers are very friendly, co-operative and helpful. The supervisors are excellent to their employees. Its a wonderful non-profit organization to work with and helping the helpless immigrants from different countries of the world.
Pros
excellent workplace., non-profit organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Family Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Family Center Reviews by Location