Catholic Guardian Services Employee Reviews in United States

Was not a pleaent work place.
Care taker (Former Employee) –  Hampton Bays, NYApril 2, 2016
Were often under staffed and not paid enough for the work we did. They would constantly lie about raises and would hire from the bottom of the barrel.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Did n't consider the needs of the staff and miss treated them
Entry level position
Case Planner, Foster Care (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 8, 2015
Need to be able to work under a high stress environment and plan effectively. I have learned to plan my schedule accordingly and to make the most out of my work day.
Pros
you make your own schedule
Cons
you may be required to work long hours
Learning Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2015
Catholic Guardian was a new experience, however program was a good platform to utilize ideas to enhance overall department.
Pros
Positive experience working with minors.
Cons
Flexible day and hours are limited.
Great organization with history of service to the community
Supervisor (Social Services) B2H (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2015
culturally sensitive to the needs of the clients served in the community.
Organizational structure that developed positively through experience and history of service to the community
This is a UAC program for Unacommpained Alien Children
Assistant Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1990 Westchester Ave., Bronx, NYAugust 13, 2015
I say it's a very good company, which provides help for the young immigrants that come here for help and for an opportunity for a better life.
so far so good
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 9, 2015
Great benefits but excessive reports but they do give you enough time to complete them on paperwork Fridays. I love my supervisor. Case loads are not that bad compared to what I am used to. I have learned not to take my work home with me.
Pros
paper work fridays, benefits, more days off.
Cons
pay could be better
Very flexible
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 29, 2015
Understanding management team, relaxed environment, very flexible scheduling. Hardest part the UAC's, best part seeing the UAC's reunite with family or sponsors.
Pros
Nice shift
Cons
No benefits
Worst Social Work agency.
HCI (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2015
It's a hectic environment to work. Changes in paper work is too frequent. Too many unnecessary deadlines. Supervisors are not supportive.
Pros
Plenty of holidays
Cons
No room for growth, unsupported upper management.
LIke working with family
Maintenance Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of following up on 5 sites I was responsible for and creating punch lists for my staff. I learned and enhanced my skills with regard to floor maintenance (including stripping, waxing, buffing, carpet cleaning), carpentry, basic electrical tasks and light plumbing. I also learned what being part of a management team consisted of and fostered staff growth and maintained morale through weekly meetings. The management team/my co-workers complemented one another well and would frequently collaborate to complete special projects in a timely manner. The most challenging aspect of the position was my transition from custodial worker to management--I now had to supervise people I'd worked side by side with and had a tendency to continue physically laboring more than some say I should have and overextending myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff, vendors, and contractors.
Pros
the ability to function autonomously
Cons
multiple projects with sometimes unrealistic deadlines
A growing experience
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2014
The work load at this organization was over bearing. it was also not helpful that staff did not receive much support and adequate training to complete task. There was little regard for employee saftey by administration. Colleagues were able to build lasting friendships and bonds. being bale to see clients and their families reunited was a rewarding experience.
Productive and fast pace environment
Health Care Integrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2014
Knowledge in child welfare (foster care system) is needed. Training was provided. Taught me how to enhance my organizational skills, counseling techniques and hands on skills.
Unprotective workplace with minimum job security excessive changing of staff.
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
Typical day of work consisted of entering the office a half hour before required start time to review agenda for the day and respond to emails Upon reviewing day's agenda prioritize and organize days work, inclusive of meetings supervision of staff and documentation which needed to be completed. Although this is how I attempted to start my day then the emails would begin requesting that I respond to them. There were always issues that would arise during any given day that would require my immediate attention. However, typically during the day I would always find time to address my mandates and accomplish the necessary paperwork which was required. I was a person who came in early and stayed late so that I could get what I needed done. After five o'clock I would always be able to review what took place during the day and what prioritize for the next. The hardest part of the job was to accomplish what I had planned for the day. I learned each day a little bit more about how to be a team leader and how to delegate to coworkers based on their acquired skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and sharing what I've learned throughout the years in the field and empowering families to strive towards their set goals.
Pros
i was doing what i loved, working with families.
Cons
not being able to help everybody and accepting that as a limitation.
productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
catholic guardian service was my dream job if it wasn't for budget cuts I would be still working their. rain, snow or cold winter days could not keep me from going to work. enjoy fixing, repairing ,painting cleaning the grounds and changing locks at all the different houses I work in. my coworker were the best people I have work with. supervises were also good people to work for. the hardest part of my job was the day I got laid off.
the best part of my job was getting up every day to go too work.good job
Pros
good job environment
Cons
no job security
Na
Case Planner for General Preventive (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Working with a group of professional individual who have coheressd victims into guilty pleas
Pros
na
Cons
na
Inadequate staffing, mountains of meaningless paperwork
Manager (Former Employee) –  NewYorkMay 12, 2014
Everyday was spent putting fires out and trying to complete generally meaningless paperwork - all meant to CYA. Urgent meetings would be called, ideas would be discussed, then the problem would become less important as a new problem popped up. Felt like a dog chasing its tail. Problem employees were tolerated because of the lack of adequate staffing. Most of my time was spent trying to arrange the work schedule to ensure the state required number of employees were working at all times. Nightmare!
Pros
some wonderful people work there
Cons
problem employees are tolerated due to lack of stafing and make life miserable to the good employees, managers are on call 24/7, be prepared to work around the clock, nightmare all around
Productive place for anyone who wants to become a social worker
Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, New YorkJanuary 21, 2014
Most prominently i have learned, I am a team player having an acquired ability to pay strong attention to detail where required. My ability to exercise strong judgement in times of crises became the reason for many strong personal appraisals in my previous places of work. I possess both the confidence and skills required to work in this line of field.
Pros
alot of catholic holidays, so your off and alot of vacation days
Cons
low pay, no bonuses or raises. no increases in years

2.6