Catholic Guardian Services

Catholic Guardian Services Employer Reviews

Unprotective workplace with minimum job security excessive changing of staff.
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: i was doing what i loved, working with families.
Cons: not being able to help everybody and accepting that as a limitation.
Typical day of work consisted of entering the office a half hour before required start time to review agenda for the day and respond to emails Upon reviewing day's agenda prioritize and organize days work, inclusive of meetings supervision of staff and documentation which needed to be completed. Although this is how I attempted to start my day then – more... the emails would begin requesting that I respond to them. There were always issues that would arise during any given day that would require my immediate attention. However, typically during the day I would always find time to address my mandates and accomplish the necessary paperwork which was required. I was a person who came in early and stayed late so that I could get what I needed done. After five o'clock I would always be able to review what took place during the day and what prioritize for the next. The hardest part of the job was to accomplish what I had planned for the day. I learned each day a little bit more about how to be a team leader and how to delegate to coworkers based on their acquired skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and sharing what I've learned throughout the years in the field and empowering families to strive towards their set goals. – less
productive and fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good job environment
Cons: no job security
catholic guardian service was my dream job if it wasn't for budget cuts I would be still working their. rain, snow or cold winter days could not keep me from going to work. enjoy fixing, repairing ,painting cleaning the grounds and changing locks at all the different houses I work in. my coworker were the best people I have work with. supervises were – more... also good people to work for. the hardest part of my job was the day I got laid off.
the best part of my job was getting up every day to go too work.good job – less
NA
Case Planner for General Preventive (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
WORKING WITH A GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO HAVE COHERESSD VICTIMS INTO GUILTY PLEAS
good job
HANDYMAN (Former Employee), new york nyMay 13, 2014
manage day to day operations of multiple sites, facility grounds, keep good relations with vendors, oversee contractors work performance. daily repairs and improvements to facilities, general upkeep and maintenance. plumbing, electrical, sheet rock and taping, carpentry, lock repair and installment.
Productive place for anyone who wants to become a social worker
Case Worker (Current Employee), Bronx, New YorkJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: alot of catholic holidays, so your off and alot of vacation days
Cons: low pay, no bonuses or raises. no increases in years
Most prominently i have learned, I am a team player having an acquired ability to pay strong attention to detail where required. My ability to exercise strong judgement in times of crises became the reason for many strong personal appraisals in my previous places of work. I possess both the confidence and skills required to work in this line of field.