Catholic Health Initiatives

Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Lacks structure, decent management, cleanliness
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson,NDAugust 4, 2016
My experiences at CHI were so very disappointing to say the least. Initially upon hire, I was not told where I would be working. All I heard was the negativity from the other staff. That didn't make for a good welcome to the new staff. There was no TEAM spirit there, only backstabbing, lies and false promises. Jobs, hours were changed without notice or input. Upper management was made aware yet lower management continued to run the clinic into the mess it is now. A few of the staff there were so disrespected, lied to and threatened. Not the work environment I would recommend to anyone. A total revamping of structure, policies, professionalism and clinic management is needed ASAP.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Management, cleanliness
Horrible Work Environment
SRNA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
This place is awful. Hostile work environment and management is a ghost. If you're not one of the favorites you're treated like the ugly stepchild. Very gossipy and childish co-workers who would rather sit around on Facebook than do their rounds. Never saw a member of management the entire time I worked there. Management never made one attempt to contact me. Patients care suffers due to the bad attitudes. Will never work for this company again. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Just a difficult environment
ITS Vendor Performance and Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
Leadership changed course every 6-12 months. Constantly bringing in consultants, implementing their proposals, then firing consultants and hiring new consultants to repeat the process. There was a lack of direction and any ability to grow or advance in the company. Massive layoffs didn't really help the environment either. Employees just never seemed to be valued by upper management and mid level management was crippled from any chance to lead their respective teams.
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 3, 2016
Good company, but senior leadership makes poor decisions. Always downsizing and morale gets pretty low. Company is too top heavy. Great co-workers and love the culture and environment in the office when there is no fear of if / when there will be more cuts to the staff. Good benefits and retirement.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, pay, flexibility, co-workers
Cons
Always downsizing

Comment – September 22, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for your continued loyalty during this time of rapid change. As you know, healthcare is in transformation and, as a result, we find ourselves saying goodbye to team members, leaders and people we’ve known for a long time. I know it’s unsettling, and I’m sorry. I’m happy to see the pros you cited and hope you continue to find value in your role.

Downsizing
Application Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 14, 2016
Improved production workflow, Documented process and procedures, Directly provided and Coordinated training and education regarding system functionality, Lead implementation and expansion of systems (i.e., ePREMIS), Determined nature of problems reported by users, Ensured version compliance and Maintained current online system documentation.
Pros
Cons
Downsizing
Good team in my office
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2016
Company turned out to be super disappointing. Miscommunication/mismanagement. 3 offices were closed after a year and a half of being opened. Was supposed to be a 5-year plan to succeed. Office I was located was succeeding but management still closed it. CHI still continues to advertise for jobs locally but has not called any of the laid off employees back for other positions. Big thumbs down. Hope the good people I worked with have landed back on their feet as I have.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor management
If I could give it a zero, I would.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 7, 2016
No seniority protections. When I was laid off I was told that this day is my last day. No warning. Local senior leadership are figure heads. National leadership is invisible and heartless. Worked 10 to 12 hr daily, plus weekend and holiday without compensation, just to be told to do more.
Pros
Any pro I could have listed is negated by CHI national behavior.
Cons
No consideration for seniority
Didnt even get to the interview!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 10, 2016
I had been called for an interview, was told it was on a certain date and then the day before they call to tell me "I missed my interview " they can't say I mixed up the days because when they called me to set up the interview I verified the date and time. After reading these reviews im glad I didnt get to the interview.
No longer Interested in Tenured Employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 3 decades. I completed goals given each year at evaluation time. I never had one write up in my file ever, and yet, the call came.... 'your team services no longer needed' - it was cold, and delivered to me by someone who had never laid eyes on me, or ever spoken to me. In other words, this company asks you to climb mountains, and when you do so- they push you off.
Pros
Severance package was given.
Cons
Upper management has been there too long.
Dont judge a book by its cover
Supplies (Former Employee) –  Grandisland,neJune 23, 2016
I worked here for many years management sucks very hypocritical tell u what you want to hear never go on their word loved working their but they push you away I wouldn't suggest u work their long term but if you need a temporary job til you find something else would be ok
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything you name it

Want to know more about Catholic Health Initiatives?

Ask a question
Terrible company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAApril 16, 2016
Top down company. The only thing worse than working there is being a patient there. The staff complains all day, with good reason. There is a them against us mentality between the staff and the management. The pay is okay, but it is so bogged down with paperwork and contracting out of jobs, it is a nightmare. The medical benefits require you to go within their system. Hard to do when you know better. The patients get lost in the shuffle. The only way to survive the job is to not care and if you don't care you should not work in the medical field.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
CHI does not care about the patients
Stressful and Unorganized Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 15, 2016
I worked in the Clinic at CHI in Dickinson. I left because the amount of unregulated gossip is out of control at the clinic and hospital. The Clinic is so poorly run and unorganized. Employees are treated poorly by Clinic management. You aren't treated as a valued employee. The opportunity for promotion is non-existent as its not what you know, it's who you know. There are women in management/supervisor type positions in the Clinic that have no right to even be in management. And they'll throw you under the bus the first opportunity they get just to make themselves look better. Honesty does not run deep at the clinic and it's sad. Even though the benefits are wonderful, the work environment is so toxic that it created major stress problems for me. As it did for many of my other friends that have worked there and also left.
Pros
Cafe on site, good benefits
Cons
Horrible Clinic Management, Gossipy Work Environment
Lincoln Ne East Lincoln Internal Medicine Group
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 24, 2016
The most hostile work environment I have ever worked. No one wants to help you. They talk about you the minute you leave the room. They talk about the ones they call their friends. They keep records of every error you make. Some of the staff call the Lead nurse mom. It's a no win. Would never ever recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
None really they kept letting people go
Cons
So many changes
Look out!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2016
Very poor management!! Very stressfull,all departments!!! No teamwork!! Lots of favoritism!! Stay away! Never see supervisors upstairs unless state is there,then they all come running!!! Cna's yell at residents, nothing is done about it! If you complain,you will be fired! Top management will not listen to you! Run fast from this place!
Pros
Some causal days
Cons
Low pay, tiny raises.LOTS OF WORK!
Backword company that does not place much value on IT
Test Lead/Analyst III/Employee (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2016
This is a company ran by clinicians. When I've started, there was a hope of organization development into a modern IT shop. Instead of it company continued to increase number of upper level management personnel, acquiring more and more hospitals and decreasing its involvement into IT projects, trying to outsource what they could. It ended up in financial turmoil and massive layoffs. About 95% of people involved with IT were laid off.
Pros
Culture was good.
Cons
So far thsi is a company without a future
Wonderful co-workers and management, no job security
Lead Interface Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
At CHI I have worked with wonderful people and have had good managers & supervisors. The work load is managed well and as employees we are provided with a certain level of autonomy and trust to work from home several days a week. Unfortunately, regular lay-offs and an overall feeling of job insecurity persist and good people are leaving rather than live with the uncertainty
Pros
Partial work from home, good people
Cons
Job Insecurity
Bottom line more important than employees
Registered Nurse, Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMay 2, 2016
Huge employee cuts after another hospital merger. Constantly short staffed and mandatory OT made for stressed work environment. Poor regard for rn to pt ratio making it impossible to have high standards of care.
Pros
Job security after huge cuts
Cons
Few perks
Co-worker not team player, management not present
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2016
Very shady co-worker not willing to share job responsibilities. Many underhanded comments and threats. Management not around to supervise. Manager responded well to getting ego stroked, but did not care to supervise and see the big picture.
benefits
Cons
management never around
Very disappointing!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 1, 2016
CHI is so far from their stated values that it's become a joke. There is nothing faith-based about this place, except for the name. No concern for employees, leadership has no idea what they are doing and change direction monthly. There is no stability here, layoffs at least every 3 months. Absolutely no transparency here, leadership will lie right to employees faces in "town halls" and "employee forums". My advice to anyone looking for a job is stay as far from this place as possible, it's a real mess!
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are above average, nice offices and location (if you live south of Denver)
Cons
See review above
Lots of politics, in many cases toxic environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 29, 2016
Always busy, mostly great co-workers. Lots of politics however. I learned to watch my back. I learned that nursing is a challenging yet rewarding occupation.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
Below average pay

2.9