Catholic Health Initiatives

Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful and Unorganized Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 15, 2016
I worked in the Clinic at CHI in Dickinson. I left because the amount of unregulated gossip is out of control at the clinic and hospital. The Clinic is so poorly run and unorganized. Employees are treated poorly by Clinic management. You aren't treated as a valued employee. The opportunity for promotion is non-existent as its not what you know, it's who you know. There are women in management/supervisor type positions in the Clinic that have no right to even be in management. And they'll throw you under the bus the first opportunity they get just to make themselves look better. Honesty does not run deep at the clinic and it's sad. Even though the benefits are wonderful, the work environment is so toxic that it created major stress problems for me. As it did for many of my other friends that have worked there and also left.
Pros
Cafe on site, good benefits
Cons
Horrible Clinic Management, Gossipy Work Environment
Didnt even get to the interview!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 10, 2016
I had been called for an interview, was told it was on a certain date and then the day before they call to tell me "I missed my interview " they can't say I mixed up the days because when they called me to set up the interview I verified the date and time. After reading these reviews im glad I didnt get to the interview.
Horrible Work Environment
SRNA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
This place is awful. Hostile work environment and management is a ghost. If you're not one of the favorites you're treated like the ugly stepchild. Very gossipy and childish co-workers who would rather sit around on Facebook than do their rounds. Never saw a member of management the entire time I worked there. Management never made one attempt to contact me. Patients care suffers due to the bad attitudes. Will never work for this company again. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Chi
National Mobility Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 5, 2016
Catholic Health Initiatives constantly undergoes transitions that typically effect the employees in a negative way. This causes fear and panic throughout the organization.
Hostile work environment and bad management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 2, 2016
The culture at this place is based on being a snitch basically which creates turmoil between employees.
Pros
Good Cook Pay
Cons
Bad management
Just a difficult environment
ITS Vendor Performance and Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
Leadership changed course every 6-12 months. Constantly bringing in consultants, implementing their proposals, then firing consultants and hiring new consultants to repeat the process. There was a lack of direction and any ability to grow or advance in the company. Massive layoffs didn't really help the environment either. Employees just never seemed to be valued by upper management and mid level management was crippled from any chance to lead their respective teams.
Dont judge a book by its cover
Supplies (Former Employee) –  Grandisland,neJune 23, 2016
I worked here for many years management sucks very hypocritical tell u what you want to hear never go on their word loved working their but they push you away I wouldn't suggest u work their long term but if you need a temporary job til you find something else would be ok
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything you name it
If I could give it a zero, I would.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 7, 2016
No seniority protections. When I was laid off I was told that this day is my last day. No warning. Local senior leadership are figure heads. National leadership is invisible and heartless. Worked 10 to 12 hr daily, plus weekend and holiday without compensation, just to be told to do more.
Pros
Any pro I could have listed is negated by CHI national behavior.
Cons
No consideration for seniority
Run away from job postings and dont look back!
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2016
I worked here for 5 years. It was a wonderful place to work until they began layoffs due to budget. They refused to explain why they kept the people they did vs why the layed off who they did. The management gets away with favoritism and continuesly added more and more work due to changes and filling in the gap for the others that were cut. What was most puzzling is how they continually still bought clinics and hospitals with systems and records that needed converting but they had to lay off so many people?? Not to mention they outsourced to a company in India, who do not share the so called "core values" they preach and then they had the people left over from getting cut actually train the outsourced people not knowing if they would be keeping their jobs in the longrun. Very insensitive moves with little to no explanations that made sense. Run away from applying here and dont look back. I left before I got cut because they couldnt tell our group if we were going to be layed off or not after dodging the cuts for a year. Couldnt take the misery of not knowing and seeing great workers cut.
Pros
Work from home, I really enjoyed the job itself
Cons
Unstability, pay, favortism, unclear answers, and outsourcing
Good team in my office
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2016
Company turned out to be super disappointing. Miscommunication/mismanagement. 3 offices were closed after a year and a half of being opened. Was supposed to be a 5-year plan to succeed. Office I was located was succeeding but management still closed it. CHI still continues to advertise for jobs locally but has not called any of the laid off employees back for other positions. Big thumbs down. Hope the good people I worked with have landed back on their feet as I have.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor management
Nice Corporate Culture - Management could use some work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 31, 2016
The people at CHI are wonderful, it is a pleasant place to work. The management is floundering a bit to figure out what the role of National is within the organization as a whole.
Money Hungry
CARDIAC MONITOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2016
The patient is not the top priority, unfortunately the money is. Taking over all the independent hospitals and adding to their corporations.
Good
Exec (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 3, 2016
This is a good place to work. RIFs have been extensive over the last two years. Company in "turn around" mode. IT resources and staffing is a struggle.
Pros
Good mission
Cons
job security
Unstable financials, outlook grim
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2016
The organization has gone through a series of dramatic workflow reductions. IT departments have been dismantled with work going overseas. Quality has suffered.
Pros
2 work from home days, decent pay
Cons
You might not have a job tomorrow.
Growing
IT (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 3, 2016
Growing company. Most IT jobs have been outsourced to vendors. Management is decentralize and often it takes time to get decisions made.
Bottom line more important than employees
Registered Nurse, Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYMay 2, 2016
Huge employee cuts after another hospital merger. Constantly short staffed and mandatory OT made for stressed work environment. Poor regard for rn to pt ratio making it impossible to have high standards of care.
Pros
Job security after huge cuts
Cons
Few perks
Poor work environment, but good benefits.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 1, 2016
Few opportunities for advancement and poor management within the lab. Supervisors don't communicate with employees well and often fail to schedule enough employees to cover the workload. Conflicts between employees are often left unresolved leading to inefficiency and incomplete training. More experienced techs and pathologists are kind and good mentors, which can help to partially compensate for poor management.

Conditions in the lab are some times unsafe. During the past six months, mutltiple needle sticks have occurred because syringes weren't put into correct sharps containers.

However, the benefits are good. CHI has a solid 401k and insurance package. There is also a $1.75/hour shift differential if a majority of hours after scheduled noon. Tuition for classes related to work or to complete a degree are reimbursed. BLS, mandatory reporter, and CMEs are also offered for free.
Pros
401k, good health, vision & dental insurance, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management, unsafe working conditions
No longer Interested in Tenured Employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 3 decades. I completed goals given each year at evaluation time. I never had one write up in my file ever, and yet, the call came.... 'your team services no longer needed' - it was cold, and delivered to me by someone who had never laid eyes on me, or ever spoken to me. In other words, this company asks you to climb mountains, and when you do so- they push you off.
Pros
Severance package was given.
Cons
Upper management has been there too long.
Lincoln Ne East Lincoln Internal Medicine Group
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 24, 2016
The most hostile work environment I have ever worked. No one wants to help you. They talk about you the minute you leave the room. They talk about the ones they call their friends. They keep records of every error you make. Some of the staff call the Lead nurse mom. It's a no win. Would never ever recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
None really they kept letting people go
Cons
So many changes
Blind leading the blind would be a step up
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
No management, bare bones as far as what they give you to work with. Lay offs and insurance has gone done since CHI took over as if it wasn't bad enough before.

2.9