Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Example of Big Business
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
The transition from St. Lukes Hospital to CHI was extremely unprofessional and havoc. I wouldn't wish CHI management or procedures to any establishment
Executive Staff Hasn't a Clue...
business analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 25, 2016
C-level management is most concerned with their perception by those outside of CHI. They continually do all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons.

They talk about Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence, but the only time it is used is when it fits the executive's agenda. "Putting lipstick on a pig still doesn't change the fact that it's a pig."
Pros
Hard working people from Directors all the way down.
Cons
Fake culture, and executives who don't have a clue what they are doing.
Good company - great core values
AA (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2016
No two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is a flexible work schedule and that co-workers are great to work with. Work-Life balance is fair, gets more difficult at manager level and above. The hardest part of working for the company is dealing with the recent financial issues and layoffs, as well as finding someone to resolve some of the day-to-day issues with IT, on-boarding and other miscellaneous problems that arise. Both issues are exacerbated by rapid acquisition of out of state health systems and budget cuts, which appear to be a direct result of decisions made by leadership.
Great Corporation to work with
Senior Consultant/ICD-10 MEDITECH Magic and 6.x (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 20, 2016
I worked with CHI for 18 months and would work for them again in a heartbeat. The support staff was very upbeat on the projects that I worked on and the upgrades went off without a hitch.
manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2016
Lots of changes in company. Not much structure to overall company. Good team work and people are friendly for the most part.
Great company!
Applications Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I cannot speak highly enough about the work environment, management, and coworkers. A truly excellent company to be a part of.
Job is ok. Management is the problem
Critical Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 8, 2016
The people are good to work with. My hours and schedule are pretty flexible. The biggest issue is lack of management involvement in day to day operations. Manager doesn't seem to care what actually goes on. Training officer fails constantly to provide proper training to new staff especially. Money isn't bad but could be better. It's a good place to get a start but really no options to advance.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management in general
Sr Regional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2016
Working with contract and liablity payables
setting up regional leadership with security and access to systems.
My co-workers are mainly accountant
Hardest part of job I am a regional person so being able to satify everyone across region. Must be patient and good customer service skills
I love the remote part of the job and I love accounting and dealing with all sorts of people.
Pros
can work remote
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great company prior to outsourcing. Outsourcing was too rapid.....
administrative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 16, 2015
CHI has lost a lot talent and history during their transformational change. I have always been very proud to work for CHI, but it has been a very tough few years. There has been little time for stabilization which has been very hard on the employees and has significantly impacted business.
Company stands with good morals but no management follows morals
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 15, 2015
Good benefits but the management has no idea what to do. For last few years, they hire people in the beginning of the year and lay off toward the end. You are taught to have good morals and values but when it comes to layoff, you are only a number and could be treated worthless.

I strongly recommend people to not apply here.
Pros
good benifits and pay
Cons
horrible management ethics, a non profit that treats its employees like a replaceable numbers.
Positive people and opportunies
Applications/Interface Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 13, 2015
Flexibility to work remotely.
Gained a lot of experience.
Great teamwork.
Low job security.
Culture of constant change and emphasis on the changing climate of Healthcare.
RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 30, 2015
Very caring towards employees.Always being told "thank you for all you do."Excellent tools available for learning. Patient with new employees.
Pros
friendly co-workers, approachable management. Appreciated
Cons
salary.
Technical Service Analyst, Project team (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 27, 2015
Great place to work. The people here are top notch. Worked closely with all aspects of the hospital, Doctors, nurses, office clerks, etc.... This place took care of their employees. On a typical day I would work trouble calls through a ticketing system called remedy. I supported up to 135 clinics in the Tacoma, WA region. The hardest part of the job was coming up with troubleshooting procedures however, the people there were all pleasant and made the work days feel non existent.
Bad place to work
cna (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2015
Poor management..short staff,,very racial divided.Management turns a blind eye to it..SOME staff can get away with murder and still keep their jobs..OTHERS,,get ignored,picked on,,bullied,If your not one of the favorites your toast.Management is NEVER on the floor.But when state pops in ,,Boy they come running with their phony smiles and Team attitude.The residents are suffering due to sever staff shortage.
They keep residents longer then they need too just to make that extra $$
Oh you can redo the whole employee lunch room,,but not give decent raises,.The pathhetic raise you do get pays for the Increase in the health insurance.Moral is in the toilet ,has been since new management took over ..I will never work in long term care any more,This place has made me bitter and discusted on the poor quality of care theses residents are getting.
Pros
pay check..residents...
Cons
Poor management, racial problems.short staffed all the time..
Excellect company to work for
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 3, 2015
Great company to work for. very caring and respectful. the company lives off of values and compassion. People work together and make it a great team, the company vales itself on fun Fridays.
Pros
Good Enviroment
Cons
Alot of layoffs
Poor Leadership, Massive Outsourcing which equates to Mass Layoffs
Application Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 19, 2015
This company is now being run by people at the top who are completely out of touch with the needs in the "real world" of its employees and patients. They have outsourced so many jobs to India and continue to do so.

Employees are considered dispensable. There doesn't appear to be any improvement in sight. They truly do not care about the employees or the patients. Morale is extremely low in this company.
Pros
Pay & Benefits aren't bad.
Cons
No job security or stability; out of touch leadership who only cares about money
Unstructured
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Milford OHOctober 16, 2015
I was hired during a time of restructuring only to go through 2 more before my job was eliminated (also due to restructuring). I'm not sure they know what they are doing
Pros
Traveling to different locations & working with my sales staff
Cons
Salespeople were always worried about keeping their jobs
Senior admin
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 15, 2015
I worked as a senior admin for 3 directors and support over 300 analysts. I loved working here but was unfortunately laid off when a merger took place.
Insurance Follow Up
Insurance Follow-Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2015
Review patient accounts determining the denials, lack of payment, eligibility. Contacting members primary and secondary insurance for payment. Sometime tetriary
Pros
helping others
Cons
n/a
Good Concept
Application Analyst I (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 2, 2015
I started out as a part-time employee and worked 40 or less hours a week. Once I became full time and salaried, I worked closer to 48 to 55 hours a week. Too much work for the few support staff we had.

I worked with some very knowledgeable professionals. Between all of us, there wasn't much we couldn't complete. Everybody worked well together.

I learned most of everything I know about electronic health records through CHI training and my co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with some great people and the opportunity to learn about electronic health records.

The hardest part of my job was when I worked on a team and just about everyone of us got laid off. CHI did give everybody a severance package, but it was still very emotional to see your friends and co-workers cut loose.
Pros
All travel expenses were paid for
Cons
Long hours while not receiving overtime