Catholic Health Initiatives

Catholic Health Initiatives Employer Reviews

No job security due to mass outsourcing.
Professional Business Services. (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORApril 12, 2014
Pros: people are excelent
Cons: no job security, turning into medicin for profit.
High rotation of employees, 60-70% of the departments on sight are outsourced including providers. This is a common business strategy when the organization is about to illuminate Executive Management and implement regional Executive Management. Long term employees are being discarded and there is no Nuns at this location.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDMarch 18, 2014
A typical work day normally would include scheduling meetings, coordinating the calendars of various VPs, scheduling and booking travel, expense reports, setting up conference rooms, creating PP, maintaining the AP for the division, creating training guides/ flow charts as well as maintaining office and kitchen supplies.
I learned that having passion – more... for what you are doing is extremely important. Also, I was able to truly understand the meaning of "team work". My co-workers were fantastic and although I didn't always agree with management I believe that they did the best they could considering the situation (understaffed and overworked). The hardest part about my job was the closing of the office. Everyone had been so passionate about their job that it was really heart breaking for everyone. – less
Productive and Lots of work
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: training and lots of learning
Cons: pay and not enough people to do the job.
I loved working with my mates and the Nuns of the Catholic Faith. It just was a low paying position and an bad time in my personal life.
Nice
Manager - EPIC INPATIENT APPLICATIONS (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: work can be smooth and simple one week, and slamming crazy the next.
Great place to work. Great culture. I enjoy the daily challenges and rewards of working for a non-profit with a high performance standard.
C.H.I.
Sr. B.M.E.T. / F.S.E. (Current Employee), Frisco, COFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: i gained experience working on every type of medical equipment.
Cons: minimal training & resources are provided.
Worked on biomedical, clinical, computer networking, medical imaging and instrumentation.
Company is changing very rapidly.
Analyst (Current Employee), WashingtonFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: non profit group that supports local community.
Cons: brain drain due to layoffs, outsourcing, and moving groups to where you have a manager on the opposite side of the us from you.
Company is changing very rapidly with jobs being outsource. Many current and especially long term employees are very unhappy with the changes. Management lies to you through omission. The "mission" is being driven down our throats and yet I do not know one person who has actually seen the entire mission from beginning to end. It makes it very difficult – more... to buy into something that you cannot see nor believe in. The core of CHI is RICE - Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, and Excellence. I believe that they still provide those key elements for patient's seeking services but they do NOT apply to employees. – less
Run... The worker bees are great! Work short all the time.
Medical/Surgical RN (Current Employee), Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines Ia.February 22, 2014
Pros: those that you work hard with understand and support you. great teamwork.
Cons: management has little critical thinking skills. very poor work/ home life balance.
The management do not work the floor and do not know the real picture. They can not multitask. Have not had a vacation approved since 2008.
fastpaced, fun enviroment
BMET II- OR specialist (Current Employee), Frisco, COFebruary 20, 2014
CHI is a great place to work with many up sides, such as great benefits, and great work enviroment
Little room for advancement with apathetic management
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kearney, NEFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: continuing education
Cons: poor culture
Ultimately patients are put first and that is clearly the bottom line. Management does not recognize balanced recognized employees care for patients at an even higher level.
With apathetic management the employees have learned to bond and go forward themselves, does add to self team building.
The equipment and educational opportunities are excellent
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 7, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Work life balance
Fantastic opportunities
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: talented associates
CHI is a wonderful place to work. Enjoyed experience at Corporate, St. Catherine Hospital and St. John's Joplin MO
fun coworkers....not so good leader
teacher (Current Employee), dsm, iowaDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no breaks no backing of staff
Staff meetings you are told in so many words that you suck...critized about what you do and how you do it. Told you have to do things but are never given the resources to do them unless you go buy it yourself. Some work 10 hr days others 8 hr, but told its ok you dont get a break or only a 15 minute break or told you only get 1 bathroom break. Told – more... to do more while others are allowed to sit back in a chair on their cell phones while children are unhappy and crying, but if you look at your phone to make sure a text or call isnt important or just to check the time mind you its not answered if it is important when appropriate staff use the main phone to call back...you are told you are on it to much. Coworkers are great try to build morale but gets shot down by management most of the time.. alot of unhappy coworkers most are looking for other jobs. – less
A/R Collections Representative (Current Employee), Exton, PADecember 5, 2013
Cons: shorts breaks, just one break a day.
Its a good place to work nice people that help you when you need it. I learned a whole lot here how to post monies, how to do alot of researching for payments that came in with incorrect account numbers or no at all.
CHI
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoNovember 30, 2013
Pros: not much anymore
Cons: expect to have your job outsourced which brings down moral
Until CHI decided to outsource all of ITS it was a great place to work. Since that decision, the culture and employee moral has bottomed out because nobody knows who is getting outsourced next. The "Core Values" that used to be held in high regard are no longer followed. There is a reason why all of the talent is "jumping ship".
Fast paced place to learn and grow.
RCP (Former Employee), Lakewood, WANovember 24, 2013
Pros: great medical coverage
Cons: low=census times
Very knowlegable staff to learn from and enjoy. I learned all aspects of Respiratory care such as special procedures,billing ER/SCU/med-surgical floor work. I was also trained to start IV lines and had the priviledge to work on med-surgical with vitals breathing treatments and meal monitoring and delivery. I transfered to Franciscan elder care where – more... I ordered Oxygen and did beginning MDS paperwork which was enjoyable. This opportunity was cut short due to lack of funding which I resigned and found employment at ALS. – less
Ambulatory Physician Services Trainer (Current Employee), Lexington, KYNovember 20, 2013
Catholic Health Intiatives is a great place to work. I've met a lot of great people who have helped me become successful in my career as a EHR Trainer
Don't waste your time here
Accounts payable customer support (Former Employee), Englewood, COOctober 11, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about accounts payable.
Cons: busy work with 0 reward
Worked as a contractor for a year and no permanent position was offered. Co-work
er was lazy and like to email management to complain. Company does not recognize the hard worker and only promote lazy people from within
Application Solutions Architect
Application Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Englewood, COOctober 2, 2013
 Oversee a team of 14 Analysts for day to day support for 31 different Homecare, Infusion, DME, and Patient Transport Service offices
 Responsiblefor all application upgrades, test scripts, and communication with the end users. This work was done on a multitude of database including SQL, Sybase, an Access
 Work with Vendors on all integral change – more... requests.
 Led a team in the implementation of a new EHR system. Created tasks and issues lists for the implentations, and worked with all parties to work through those issues.
 Extensive background in Cerner Homeworks and RoadNotes, Allscripts Homecare, NDoc, CPR+, and Brightree applications. – less
Good people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Martin, KYSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: small hospital where everyone knows everyone in a small community
Cons: not haveing specialities here, haveing to transfer so many clients, at times we will have 5-6 nurses in the whole hospital - if we have 2 codes at once, or deliver a baby and have a major head trauma at the same time it can get hairy.
I truly love working in the department that I work in now, we are like family. The recent changes in health care have made our benefits not as good as they used to be. Some days are terribly busy, some are slow. We work in rotations, currently I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday (12.5 hrs) off Monday, Tuesday then work Wednesday, Thursday and off Friday, – more... Saturday and Sunday, this makes me working 48 hours one week and 36 the next.
I like not knowing what's comeing in the door of Emergency department, keeps me young. I love watching a person come in sick and being better when they leave. – less
Great Company
Pt. Financial Rep (Former Employee), Exton, PASeptember 16, 2013
Catholic Health is a great company offering great compensation and benefits. On Mondays the had a morning reflection and it was a great boost to begin the work week.

1 2 3 4

About Catholic Health Initiatives

For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed – Read more

Catholic Health Initiatives Photos