Catholic Health Initiatives

Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Opportunity to learn huge application Epic
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2015
CHI provided me platform to be a Quality Analyst. In CHI as a manuel tester I tested client base application called EPIC. As a team we tested different modules and successfully performed the integration and system testing. The facilities and team provided by CHI was really helpful and great.
Nice people...sometimes
Abstractor (Former Employee), NDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Was able to leave early at times
Cons: gossiping bitties, no PTO, Holiday Pay
I enjoyed working for this company and they allowed me to leave early at times because I have a young child. But I had to watch what was said because of all the people gossiping.
Great Place to work
Telecom Analyst II (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 11, 2015
Pros: Freindly Staff
Cons: Administrative changes not good
The staff is great to work with and I considered a home away from home. On call hours was rough at times but manageable. Vacation days were hard to schedule.
Catholic Health Initiatives
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Englewood, COMay 10, 2015
Pros: Excellent core values
CHI's goal is to provide excellent service to its patients and the communities it serves. In the department that I worked in it was our goal to ensure that data a delivered to the doctors and other medical staff to ensure patient safety. Service Level Agreements were met at 95% and it was a pleasure to work there.
Never again
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Williston North DakotaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Surgeons care
Cons: Poor management, poor pay, and bad conditions.
Came to this company to be a part of the "family" and was treated like the red headed step child. Couldn't keep a full time employee when 90% of the staff were travelers, because the travel staff held precedence over anyone full time. The CEO on down were awful. Didn't serve the community in any fashion, and they worried more about the appearance of doing right, than actually doing right. Enjoyed the Surgeons, and often felt sorry for them in their effort to do the right thing, because they were continually shot down. Left my career because of this "wonderful place to work." H.R. lied about so many things, so you had no where to go, not to your direct manager , HR or even your CEO. You were left to your own.
team work, productive and family orientated
Customer Service/Medical Billing (Former Employee), Exton, PAApril 30, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: room for dvancement
family atmosphere , inbound call center , mid to high call volume, respectful coworkers, sophisticated data base,was not hard at all other then putting in the extra effort needed to work out complex claims issues and supply proper documentation for accuracy, but the team work made it easy and enjoyable, given responsibility to prove yourself and take pride in your work. Commuting was hard but I still received employee of the week for initiative and perfect attendance.
Dynamic Health Care Company
Manager Financial System Integration (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: Challenging changes
Cons: Not making money
Dynamic Health Care Company trying to reinvent itself under Obama Care. Frequent layoffs and changes of management make it a little unnerving to work there.
Good Company to Work For
Trainer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 15, 2015
Catholic Health Initiatives is a good company to work for, they are a faith based organization that embodies their faith in their day to day operations.
Great Flex Time; Great Co-workers; Everything Else Awful
Former EPMO Employee (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 12, 2015
Pros: Flex Time; Telecommute
Cons: No stability; Politics, Poor Corporate Strategy
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with and I miss them. I also miss the ability to telecommute and flexible hours. I don't miss anything else about CHI. Their core values are a joke; the only people who practiced them were some of the employees. I sincerely doubt that management knows how to spell the words, much less know what they mean and incorporate them into their daily lives. It is a stressful place to work when there are layoffs AT LEAST once per year.

The company has posted operating losses and had their credit rating downgraded; yet they continue grow way too fast without the funds to support current infrastructure, much less make needed upgrades to meet the demands of rapid growth.

It is a shame. If the core values were practiced, it would be a genuinely uplifting place to work; instead it is stressful with no real chance for advancement....you're lucky just to hold onto your job.
CHI
IT Test Lead (Current Employee), Englewood, ColoradoMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great working environemnt - not to crowded - private cubes - kitchens on every floor, fun place to work. leadership involved with employees.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Typical Day at Work
* Get to work log in
* Go over schedule for day
* Go through list of deliverables planning what takes priority for that day.
* Go through email answering any questions
* Make calls as necessary speaking with test teams regarding deliverables, whwere they are at, what their focus is, refocusing when and where necessary, mentoring as needed.
* Update Risks/Issues/Defects in Clarity
* Update HP ALM Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects modules and more
Develop project documentation as needed to include but not limited to Application Program Test Strategies, Project Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Resource Documentation, Resource allotments and loe budgeting, daily issue/defect analysis, Lessons learned documentation
Go through reviews with leadership updating on the various projects statuses
Meet with Supervisor &/or Manager
Meet with PM's on the different project deliveries I am the Test Lead for
Update EOD Scorecard reports for project test statuses
Update testing scheduling information
Attend/Hold daily conference calls
and so much more depending on the day and the projects stage - Initiation, Planning, Implementation (execution), Monitoring & Closing. (I am very involved with the the last four stages.
Learned>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I have learned
***** Better Leadership & mentoring Skills
***** Better communication skills both written and verbal
***** I have learned to daily triage and work with Physician providers, their clinical staff and more
***** I have gained understanding – more... of EHR. ICD-10, MU Stage 2, Critical Care and ambulatory from a software test and implementation perspective.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Management
I have to say my manager has actually been a phenomenal mentor, communicates expectations clearly and has been an absolute joy to work for these last 3 years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Co-workers
The people I work with are all very dedicated to providing higher customer safety and satisfaction rates through traceability and auditability of all software applications/tools within a hospital or ambulatory environment.
Meet weekly to share ideas for process improvement(s), brainstorming, discuss issues with ongoing project efforts to obtain another perspective, assisting one another where needed according to our abilities.
I get along well and respect every single one of my team mates. They are all intelligent people with a work ethic and integrity that is a joy to be a part of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hardest part of the job
Dealing with other teams that do not share the same work ethic and whos leadership may not hold them to the same standards of professional conduct.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Most enjoyable part of my job
Just yesterday I was on a call with an ambulatory Market. They had stated they were dreading the go-live of the new software and then they shared how absolutely wonderful this go-live has been and that they felt our team did a phenomenal job to ensure patient care and safety was not interuppted with issues and defects. Statements like these are what I am all about and what brings me the most joy! – less
Management controls with fear
ITS Physician Liaison / Informatics Consultant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 5, 2015
Cons: Poor management, Company does not understand how to invest in technology
Stay away.

If you do happen to get a position with CHI. After your first day at work, use their computer to start looking for another job because it is just a matter of time before they lay you off.
Excellent company with ethics ad integrity
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Tacoma, WashingtonFebruary 25, 2015
This company cares about their employees and also their reputation and impact to the community. I was proud to work for them for nearly 20 years.
Great group of people to work with
AEHR Go Live Analyst (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 23, 2015
Our Go Live team was great to work with. Coordinators and Point Persons do their jobs very well. The interaction and team building was exceptional.
Unprofessional and Horrible
Clinical (Former Employee), IowaFebruary 22, 2015
Very unprofessional environment and the Supervisors are terrible. Very fun place to be, co workers were great, physicians are awesome, but management is bad, very two faced and just bad place.
Very flexible and understanding.
BMET 1 (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 16, 2015
My supervisors are very understanding and very flexible with my work schedule, if I ever need time off, they allow me to take it and just make up the hours at the next available time.
Oooopsi! Don't apply here!
DSP (Current Employee), Wahpeton, NDFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: benefits is good
Cons: unethical co-worker!
this company made Me a driver of the patient. I was required to use one of my car. I don't think that I am one the service provider to heal them. They made a driver. This is no good. It's to fancy to use my car with this kind of ...job. So, clarify first before u sign the paper works. Furthermore, I was overwhelm with the job nature here in CHI.

" it's not worth it every penny when they made you a driver. My colleagues it's laughing with me when they found my job.
CHI took over, everything crumbles
scheduler (Current Employee), omaha, neFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: too much management
Life was much better when Creighton. Then Alegent took over and change began - both good and bad. Now CHI and the story changes daily. No truth to anything, poor pay and no job security.
Fun workplace
Laboratory Information System Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: work out facility
I enjoy working for CHI. My facility has workout room. I enjoy working out with my coworkers. CHI has many opportunity to grow. Upper management is very appreciative of your skill.
Corp Culture and Leaders Challenged with Rapid Changes
National Revenue Cycle Applications Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 11, 2015
Fast Paced Environment/Great Culture
Vendor Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Englewood ColoradoFebruary 2, 2015
Catholic Health Initiatives is a constantly changing and growing organization that offers employees and Management multiple opportunities for both personal and professional growth. The company core values and culture of the company make CHI a fantastic place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Catholic Health Initiatives

For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed – Read more

Catholic Health Initiatives Salaries