Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews in United States

Operating Room Assistant ORA
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 29, 2016
You would think working in the OR would fun. I was wrong. I had a supervisor who I never saw, my training was non existent due to the fact that they were short staffed. And they other staff members were caddy. So on my 90 days-to the exact day...I was called in to talk about my performance. Mind you I hadn't seen this supervisor at all during my employment...tell me I was hard to get ahold of, I disappeared from the department all the time, I never answered the phone, my attendance was unacceptable, and I have an attitude problem. I was terminated. Everything she stated was untrue and I questioned her on these and the response I got back was: That's just what is reported to me. So with no factual evidence, no prior complaint, no other interaction about my performance she fired me. She was very unprofessional and rude about it. I'm am glad I'm not able to be rehired because that job was HORRIBLE!!
Benefits
Cons
Management, Short lunch, Coworkers, Job Duties, Training, Pay
Very disappointing!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 1, 2016
CHI is so far from their stated values that it's become a joke. There is nothing faith-based about this place, except for the name. No concern for employees, leadership has no idea what they are doing and change direction monthly. There is no stability here, layoffs at least every 3 months. Absolutely no transparency here, leadership will lie right to employees faces in "town halls" and "employee forums". My advice to anyone looking for a job is stay as far from this place as possible, it's a real mess!
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are above average, nice offices and location (if you live south of Denver)
Cons
See review above
Bad place to work
cna (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2015
Poor management..short staff,,very racial divided.Management turns a blind eye to it..SOME staff can get away with murder and still keep their jobs..OTHERS,,get ignored,picked on,,bullied,If your not one of the favorites your toast.Management is NEVER on the floor.But when state pops in ,,Boy they come running with their phony smiles and Team attitude.The residents are suffering due to sever staff shortage.
They keep residents longer then they need too just to make that extra $$
Oh you can redo the whole employee lunch room,,but not give decent raises,.The pathhetic raise you do get pays for the Increase in the health insurance.Moral is in the toilet ,has been since new management took over ..I will never work in long term care any more,This place has made me bitter and discusted on the poor quality of care theses residents are getting.
Pros
pay check..residents...
Cons
Poor management, racial problems.short staffed all the time..
Company stands with good morals but no management follows morals
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 15, 2015
Good benefits but the management has no idea what to do. For last few years, they hire people in the beginning of the year and lay off toward the end. You are taught to have good morals and values but when it comes to layoff, you are only a number and could be treated worthless.

I strongly recommend people to not apply here.
Pros
good benifits and pay
Cons
horrible management ethics, a non profit that treats its employees like a replaceable numbers.
Opportunities for Improvement
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2016
Customer had run their own backups for 5 years and turned over to Wipro. Backups were below 60% success rate. My leadership and directives raised success rate to 97%.
Pros
Opportunity to shine
Cons
Not much of a budget. customers devided between Networker and Netbackup.
Poor Leadership, Massive Outsourcing which equates to Mass Layoffs
Application Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 19, 2015
This company is now being run by people at the top who are completely out of touch with the needs in the "real world" of its employees and patients. They have outsourced so many jobs to India and continue to do so.

Employees are considered dispensable. There doesn't appear to be any improvement in sight. They truly do not care about the employees or the patients. Morale is extremely low in this company.
Pros
Pay & Benefits aren't bad.
Cons
No job security or stability; out of touch leadership who only cares about money
RN Circulator (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 30, 2015
Very caring towards employees.Always being told "thank you for all you do."Excellent tools available for learning. Patient with new employees.
Pros
friendly co-workers, approachable management. Appreciated
Cons
salary.
Backword company that does not place much value on IT
Test Lead/Analyst III/Employee (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2016
This is a company ran by clinicians. When I've started, there was a hope of organization development into a modern IT shop. Instead of it company continued to increase number of upper level management personnel, acquiring more and more hospitals and decreasing its involvement into IT projects, trying to outsource what they could. It ended up in financial turmoil and massive layoffs. About 95% of people involved with IT were laid off.
Pros
Culture was good.
Cons
So far thsi is a company without a future
A Bunch of Hypocrites
Non clinical (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 26, 2015
CHI is not about the patients or their employees. They are about the bottom dollar only! We had MANDATORY staff reductions and over 150 layoffs in our local area for really no apparent reason except to line someone higher up's pockets perhaps? It certainly wasn't to help with our 30ยข yearly raises. Try somewhere else if you need job security because you won't find it here!
Pros
Some helpful, nice employees
Cons
No job security, gossipy coworkers and terrible communication all around
Good company - great core values
AA (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2016
No two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is a flexible work schedule and that co-workers are great to work with. Work-Life balance is fair, gets more difficult at manager level and above. The hardest part of working for the company is dealing with the recent financial issues and layoffs, as well as finding someone to resolve some of the day-to-day issues with IT, on-boarding and other miscellaneous problems that arise. Both issues are exacerbated by rapid acquisition of out of state health systems and budget cuts, which appear to be a direct result of decisions made by leadership.
Executive Staff Hasn't a Clue...
business analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 25, 2016
C-level management is most concerned with their perception by those outside of CHI. They continually do all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons.

They talk about Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence, but the only time it is used is when it fits the executive's agenda. "Putting lipstick on a pig still doesn't change the fact that it's a pig."
Pros
Hard working people from Directors all the way down.
Cons
Fake culture, and executives who don't have a clue what they are doing.
It would be a great place to work if there was job security.
Ambulatory Physician Services Trainer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2015
Going through a lot transition right now in the national office. No job security. Prior to the layoffs it was a great place to work. Good benefits. Management lacks direction
Great Co -workers
RN (Current Employee) –  TacomaJune 14, 2015
Great co-workers. Managers have their hand's tired- administration will not let them hire more help. We have minimal staffing. Unsafe staffing many times to save money. Breaks are becoming scarce. It never use to be like this 3 years ago. The medical benefits are the worse. I've worked for Group Health, Providence Health Systems and CHI. CHI is the worst. Group Health had the best along with Providence.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad culture of safety- save a buck- staff cut backs
Missing management directions and leadership
Security Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 25, 2015
Most empolyees get little to no direction in their current positions. The curent management team is new and the organization is aquiring too many new entities before fixing the current issues for Security and endpoint protection at a National level.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership
Poor work environment, but good benefits.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 1, 2016
Few opportunities for advancement and poor management within the lab. Supervisors don't communicate with employees well and often fail to schedule enough employees to cover the workload. Conflicts between employees are often left unresolved leading to inefficiency and incomplete training. More experienced techs and pathologists are kind and good mentors, which can help to partially compensate for poor management.

Conditions in the lab are some times unsafe. During the past six months, mutltiple needle sticks have occurred because syringes weren't put into correct sharps containers.

However, the benefits are good. CHI has a solid 401k and insurance package. There is also a $1.75/hour shift differential if a majority of hours after scheduled noon. Tuition for classes related to work or to complete a degree are reimbursed. BLS, mandatory reporter, and CMEs are also offered for free.
Pros
401k, good health, vision & dental insurance, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management, unsafe working conditions
Terrible company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAApril 16, 2016
Top down company. The only thing worse than working there is being a patient there. The staff complains all day, with good reason. There is a them against us mentality between the staff and the management. The pay is okay, but it is so bogged down with paperwork and contracting out of jobs, it is a nightmare. The medical benefits require you to go within their system. Hard to do when you know better. The patients get lost in the shuffle. The only way to survive the job is to not care and if you don't care you should not work in the medical field.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
CHI does not care about the patients
Good Concept
Application Analyst I (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 2, 2015
I started out as a part-time employee and worked 40 or less hours a week. Once I became full time and salaried, I worked closer to 48 to 55 hours a week. Too much work for the few support staff we had.

I worked with some very knowledgeable professionals. Between all of us, there wasn't much we couldn't complete. Everybody worked well together.

I learned most of everything I know about electronic health records through CHI training and my co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work with some great people and the opportunity to learn about electronic health records.

The hardest part of my job was when I worked on a team and just about everyone of us got laid off. CHI did give everybody a severance package, but it was still very emotional to see your friends and co-workers cut loose.
Pros
All travel expenses were paid for
Cons
Long hours while not receiving overtime
Job is ok. Management is the problem
Critical Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 8, 2016
The people are good to work with. My hours and schedule are pretty flexible. The biggest issue is lack of management involvement in day to day operations. Manager doesn't seem to care what actually goes on. Training officer fails constantly to provide proper training to new staff especially. Money isn't bad but could be better. It's a good place to get a start but really no options to advance.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management in general
Sr Regional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2016
Working with contract and liablity payables
setting up regional leadership with security and access to systems.
My co-workers are mainly accountant
Hardest part of job I am a regional person so being able to satify everyone across region. Must be patient and good customer service skills
I love the remote part of the job and I love accounting and dealing with all sorts of people.
Pros
can work remote
Cons
no advancement opportunities
No longer Interested in Tenured Employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2016
I worked for this company for almost 3 decades. I completed goals given each year at evaluation time. I never had one write up in my file ever, and yet, the call came.... 'your team services no longer needed' - it was cold, and delivered to me by someone who had never laid eyes on me, or ever spoken to me. In other words, this company asks you to climb mountains, and when you do so- they push you off.
Pros
Severance package was given.
Cons
Upper management has been there too long.