Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Stressful and Unorganized Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 15, 2016
I worked in the Clinic at CHI in Dickinson. I left because the amount of unregulated gossip is out of control at the clinic and hospital. The Clinic is so poorly run and unorganized. Employees are treated poorly by Clinic management. You aren't treated as a valued employee. The opportunity for promotion is non-existent as its not what you know, it's who you know. There are women in management/supervisor type positions in the Clinic that have no right to even be in management. And they'll throw you under the bus the first opportunity they get just to make themselves look better. Honesty does not run deep at the clinic and it's sad. Even though the benefits are wonderful, the work environment is so toxic that it created major stress problems for me. As it did for many of my other friends that have worked there and also left.
Pros
Cafe on site, good benefits
Cons
Horrible Clinic Management, Gossipy Work Environment

Comment – October 3, 2016

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and for taking the time to post about your stressful experience in the clinic. I'm sorry that you did not feel valued as an employee and that you didn't feel you could turn to management for help. I wish you all the best as you continue your career journey.

Good company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 3, 2016
Good company, but senior leadership makes poor decisions. Always downsizing and morale gets pretty low. Company is too top heavy. Great co-workers and love the culture and environment in the office when there is no fear of if / when there will be more cuts to the staff. Good benefits and retirement.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, pay, flexibility, co-workers
Cons
Always downsizing

Comment – September 22, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for your continued loyalty during this time of rapid change. As you know, healthcare is in transformation and, as a result, we find ourselves saying goodbye to team members, leaders and people we’ve known for a long time. I know it’s unsettling, and I’m sorry. I’m happy to see the pros you cited and hope you continue to find value in your role.

Operating Room Assistant ORA
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 29, 2016
You would think working in the OR would fun. I was wrong. I had a supervisor who I never saw, my training was non existent due to the fact that they were short staffed. And they other staff members were caddy. So on my 90 days-to the exact day...I was called in to talk about my performance. Mind you I hadn't seen this supervisor at all during my employment...tell me I was hard to get ahold of, I disappeared from the department all the time, I never answered the phone, my attendance was unacceptable, and I have an attitude problem. I was terminated. Everything she stated was untrue and I questioned her on these and the response I got back was: That's just what is reported to me. So with no factual evidence, no prior complaint, no other interaction about my performance she fired me. She was very unprofessional and rude about it. I'm am glad I'm not able to be rehired because that job was HORRIBLE!!
Benefits
Cons
Management, Short lunch, Coworkers, Job Duties, Training, Pay
Catholic Health Initiatives
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2016
Compensation is great, PTO is plenty. CHI is in a financial bind and outsourcing everything. Most people work many hours. It is a constant worry that you will be outsourced or laid off.
Pros
Great compensation and PTO time
Cons
Constant worry about layoffs and outsourcing.

Comment – October 31, 2016

Thank you for your continued service at CHI, and for taking the time to post this review. It's true that CHI - as well as the US healthcare system overall - is addressing financial challenges in the face of constant, and swift change. The complexity and scope of change, coupled with governmental, mandatory deadlines, has limited healthcare's ability to build the necessary capabilities from within and drives the use of "buy vs. build" in many non-patient-care areas. I am happy to hear you are pleased with compensation and paid time off at CHI, and I wish you continued success.

Terrible company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAApril 16, 2016
Top down company. The only thing worse than working there is being a patient there. The staff complains all day, with good reason. There is a them against us mentality between the staff and the management. The pay is okay, but it is so bogged down with paperwork and contracting out of jobs, it is a nightmare. The medical benefits require you to go within their system. Hard to do when you know better. The patients get lost in the shuffle. The only way to survive the job is to not care and if you don't care you should not work in the medical field.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
CHI does not care about the patients
If I could give it a zero, I would.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 7, 2016
No seniority protections. When I was laid off I was told that this day is my last day. No warning. Local senior leadership are figure heads. National leadership is invisible and heartless. Worked 10 to 12 hr daily, plus weekend and holiday without compensation, just to be told to do more.
Pros
Any pro I could have listed is negated by CHI national behavior.
Cons
No consideration for seniority
Look out!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2016
Very poor management!! Very stressfull,all departments!!! No teamwork!! Lots of favoritism!! Stay away! Never see supervisors upstairs unless state is there,then they all come running!!! Cna's yell at residents, nothing is done about it! If you complain,you will be fired! Top management will not listen to you! Run fast from this place!
Pros
Some causal days
Cons
Low pay, tiny raises.LOTS OF WORK!
Very disappointing!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 1, 2016
CHI is so far from their stated values that it's become a joke. There is nothing faith-based about this place, except for the name. No concern for employees, leadership has no idea what they are doing and change direction monthly. There is no stability here, layoffs at least every 3 months. Absolutely no transparency here, leadership will lie right to employees faces in "town halls" and "employee forums". My advice to anyone looking for a job is stay as far from this place as possible, it's a real mess!
Pros
Pay is good, benefits are above average, nice offices and location (if you live south of Denver)
Cons
See review above
Co-worker not team player, management not present
Receptionist/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2016
Very shady co-worker not willing to share job responsibilities. Many underhanded comments and threats. Management not around to supervise. Manager responded well to getting ego stroked, but did not care to supervise and see the big picture.
benefits
Cons
management never around
Bad place to work
cna (Former Employee) –  South Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2015
Poor management..short staff,,very racial divided.Management turns a blind eye to it..SOME staff can get away with murder and still keep their jobs..OTHERS,,get ignored,picked on,,bullied,If your not one of the favorites your toast.Management is NEVER on the floor.But when state pops in ,,Boy they come running with their phony smiles and Team attitude.The residents are suffering due to sever staff shortage.
They keep residents longer then they need too just to make that extra $$
Oh you can redo the whole employee lunch room,,but not give decent raises,.The pathhetic raise you do get pays for the Increase in the health insurance.Moral is in the toilet ,has been since new management took over ..I will never work in long term care any more,This place has made me bitter and discusted on the poor quality of care theses residents are getting.
Pros
pay check..residents...
Cons
Poor management, racial problems.short staffed all the time..
company is currently unstable
Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 17, 2016
Currently CHI is very unstable. CHI is working on a turn around to help balance itself out. Lots of lay offs are a part of the turn around.
Pros
good benefits, lots of focus on wellness
Cons
lay offs.
Lacks structure, decent management, cleanliness
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson,NDAugust 4, 2016
My experiences at CHI were so very disappointing to say the least. Initially upon hire, I was not told where I would be working. All I heard was the negativity from the other staff. That didn't make for a good welcome to the new staff. There was no TEAM spirit there, only backstabbing, lies and false promises. Jobs, hours were changed without notice or input. Upper management was made aware yet lower management continued to run the clinic into the mess it is now. A few of the staff there were so disrespected, lied to and threatened. Not the work environment I would recommend to anyone. A total revamping of structure, policies, professionalism and clinic management is needed ASAP.
Pros
Cafe
Cons
Management, cleanliness

Comment – October 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post about your disappointing experience in the clinic. I am sad to hear about the work environment there and I agree with you about recommending such an environment to anyone. Best wishes in your future career opportunities.

Opportunities for Improvement
Senior Architect (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2016
Customer had run their own backups for 5 years and turned over to Wipro. Backups were below 60% success rate. My leadership and directives raised success rate to 97%.
Pros
Opportunity to shine
Cons
Not much of a budget. customers devided between Networker and Netbackup.
Company stands with good morals but no management follows morals
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 15, 2015
Good benefits but the management has no idea what to do. For last few years, they hire people in the beginning of the year and lay off toward the end. You are taught to have good morals and values but when it comes to layoff, you are only a number and could be treated worthless.

I strongly recommend people to not apply here.
Pros
good benifits and pay
Cons
horrible management ethics, a non profit that treats its employees like a replaceable numbers.
Poor Leadership, Massive Outsourcing which equates to Mass Layoffs
Application Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 19, 2015
This company is now being run by people at the top who are completely out of touch with the needs in the "real world" of its employees and patients. They have outsourced so many jobs to India and continue to do so.

Employees are considered dispensable. There doesn't appear to be any improvement in sight. They truly do not care about the employees or the patients. Morale is extremely low in this company.
Pros
Pay & Benefits aren't bad.
Cons
No job security or stability; out of touch leadership who only cares about money
Live by a faith based mission
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 1, 2016
I have worked for this company since 1994. My coworkers are like family. I have several "best friends" at work. I am fortuanate to work with a team that provides excellent care to all patients. My role has evolved many times over the years. There is always room to learn and grow and get involved. They value input from every employee. Daycare is provided at a discount and is open extended hours. Work, life , balance is respected.
Pros
Excellent patient care, excellent coworkers
Cons
Insurance could be better
Horrible Work Environment
SRNA (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 6, 2016
This place is awful. Hostile work environment and management is a ghost. If you're not one of the favorites you're treated like the ugly stepchild. Very gossipy and childish co-workers who would rather sit around on Facebook than do their rounds. Never saw a member of management the entire time I worked there. Management never made one attempt to contact me. Patients care suffers due to the bad attitudes. Will never work for this company again. STAY AWAY.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Short breaks, poor management

Comment – October 3, 2016

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about this disappointing student experience. The situation you've described is unacceptable and I know a "gossipy-workplace" creates even more stress. I hope you have found new opportunities and wish you all the best.

Just a difficult environment
ITS Vendor Performance and Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
Leadership changed course every 6-12 months. Constantly bringing in consultants, implementing their proposals, then firing consultants and hiring new consultants to repeat the process. There was a lack of direction and any ability to grow or advance in the company. Massive layoffs didn't really help the environment either. Employees just never seemed to be valued by upper management and mid level management was crippled from any chance to lead their respective teams.

Comment – October 31, 2016

Thank you for posting a review about your time at CHI. It has been a time of massive change and restructuring at CHI and for US healthcare across the board, and - I believe - that constant change is the "new normal" going forward. Wishing you all the best in your career journey, and I thank you for the time you spent at CHI.

Good team in my office
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 4, 2016
Company turned out to be super disappointing. Miscommunication/mismanagement. 3 offices were closed after a year and a half of being opened. Was supposed to be a 5-year plan to succeed. Office I was located was succeeding but management still closed it. CHI still continues to advertise for jobs locally but has not called any of the laid off employees back for other positions. Big thumbs down. Hope the good people I worked with have landed back on their feet as I have.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor management
Run away from job postings and dont look back!
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 6, 2016
I worked here for 5 years. It was a wonderful place to work until they began layoffs due to budget. They refused to explain why they kept the people they did vs why the layed off who they did. The management gets away with favoritism and continuesly added more and more work due to changes and filling in the gap for the others that were cut. What was most puzzling is how they continually still bought clinics and hospitals with systems and records that needed converting but they had to lay off so many people?? Not to mention they outsourced to a company in India, who do not share the so called "core values" they preach and then they had the people left over from getting cut actually train the outsourced people not knowing if they would be keeping their jobs in the longrun. Very insensitive moves with little to no explanations that made sense. Run away from applying here and dont look back. I left before I got cut because they couldnt tell our group if we were going to be layed off or not after dodging the cuts for a year. Couldnt take the misery of not knowing and seeing great workers cut.
Pros
Work from home, I really enjoyed the job itself
Cons
Unstability, pay, favortism, unclear answers, and outsourcing

2.4