Catholic Health Initiatives Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 13, 2017
A great place to work. It was a retirement community that I worked at while my kids were younger and I needed to work a job that worked with a daycare hours. They were flexible with my schedule and when my girls were sick. I only moved on because it was time to get back to my retail management career once my youngest started school.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your comments about one of CHI's facilities. Best wishes to you in your future employment, and thank you for your past service with CHI.

Bad Mgt
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAAugust 12, 2017
Unless you are part of their click, it's very bad place to work for . When you have a sick child or important family issues; there's no allowance for work life balance without getting written up
Pros
wear jeans
Cons
horrible mgt and clicking type environment
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your comments and we're sorry to read that your employment with a CHI facility was less than satisfactory. Best wishes to you in your future employment.

Worked at both St Joseph and St Anthony Hospitals. Both are great places to work
FORMS AND RECORD ANALYST 2- RHIT (Former Employee) –  Tacoma and Gig Harbor, WAAugust 9, 2017
Very busy days so the day goes by fast. For the most part co-workers and staff are supportive and easy to work with. People are friendly and management is very supportive.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
worked through my lunch more than once due to work load
August 14, 2017

Thanks for your comments about two of CHI's facilities in the Pacific Northwest. We wish you the best in your future employment, and thank you for your past service with the CHI family of healthcare providers.

Conflicting information given to employees
Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2017
Before the Reduction in Force in October 2015, management continued to tell employees that there would not be any jobs lost and more work was coming to ensure job security. Emails were sent out to the designated employees to be let go on the day of the announcement by only a few hours.
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your comments about one of CHI's facilities in Tacoma. It's difficult to address an action that occurred two years ago, but your comments will be forwarded to HR. Again, thanks for your comments, and for your prior service with the CHI family.

CHI is a great place to work
HealthStream Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 8, 2017
Once you get your foot in the door at Catholic Health Initiatives you won't want to leave. Co-workers are always awesome and they are a well rounded place to work.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
With budget cuts there is no job security
August 14, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your prior service with a CHI facility in Tacoma. CHI had some difficult decisions to make in order to maintain its vision and mission and a reduction in staff was one of the hardest. Again, thank you for your comments, and for your prior service with the CHI family.

Job experience at "CHI"
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
Orientation is the best part, they give you the impression that you can change the world for the better. But management tells you not here, the have not been informed on the direction that "Orientation" department whats the company to go.
Pros
Cons
There is not accountability for Management, they are not held to same standards.
August 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with one of CHI's facilities in Texas in the technical support department. CHI encourages feedback on its website; click the "Contact Us" link in the upper right corner of the home page to give incident specifics regarding the "Cons" mentioned in your review. Again, thank you for your comments, and we wish you the best in your future employment.

Exellent company to work for.
Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJuly 27, 2017
The compensation and employee benefits package are exceptional. The core values and integrity from management to the employees are qualities that exceed competitors in the industry.
Pros
Exellent benefits package, culture
Cons
I cannot think of any.
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your past employment in CHI's claims department. We certainly appreciate, and agree with your comments! Best to you in your future endeavors.

Great organization, depending on location
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 26, 2017
Organization is great to work for if policies and procedures are followed. Many opportunities for classes to learn. Not enough communication between the "suites" and the "little people." When there is communication, most of the time it is late, inaccurate or doesn't apply. Managers should be given evaluation quarterly by the staff.
Pros
Pay/Benefits are comparable
Cons
PTO accumulation is very slow growing
July 31, 2017

Thank you for your continued service with one of CHI's facilities in Kentucky, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're not sure if your comment about communications is directed toward your local facility, or CHI in general, but we'll pass along the comments to Communications. Thanks again for your service with a CHI facility.

Billing Specialist/Coder 1 (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work. Have had several positions within the company. Much more like a large family than a job. Would definitely recommend this to anyone.
July 26, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your current employment with a CHI facility in Tennessee. We're pleased that you recommend our company to others, and wish you all the best in your future with CHI.

horrible work life balance
RN Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 24, 2017
mandatory overtime daily, short staffed, no breaks, hostile work environment, outdated policies and procedures, no accountability, no room for advancement
July 26, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your prior service with a CHI facility in Arkansas. The CHI public website has a "Contact Us" link (upper right corner) and we encourage you to use that venue to give specifics especially concerning a "hostile work environment" as this is not in keeping with CHI's mission and values. By providing specifics, the CHI team will be able to address the issue with the Arkansas market. Thanks, again, for your previous service with CHI and best to you in your future endeavors.

"Leadership" is lacking
Internal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
Senior leadership at CHI is non-existent which leads to people spinning their wheels and unable to improve processes and their day to day work lives Projects are launched only to be shut down a few month later with no explanation.
July 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post comments, and we're sorry to read that your experience as a consultant was not more positive. Best to you in your future endeavors.

Well ahead of their time in managing Catholic Healthcare in USA
National Director - IT CRM and Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2017
Great people, welcoming culture, centered on not just all patients but special advocates for the poor and underserved. Wonderful mission focused organization.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your former service with Catholic Health Initiatives.

No fun
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
Hard work in feet a lot. Turned into waitress. Loved the residents. Under staffed. A lot of in fighting among fellow worker. Always worried the company would be sold and it was.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
Nepotism
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your prior employment with the CHI family of healthcare providers. Best to you in your future employment.

Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2017
Job was great and so was the people. I learned about medical stuff that i didn't know before. The management was great. There was nothing hard about my job and enjoyed working as team.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your prior employment with the CHI family of healthcare providers. We agree that our people are great, and are always pleased to have that confirmed! Best to you in your future employment.

Faith based company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 5, 2017
Internal medicine was a very fast-paced, sometimes chaotic place to work. At the end of the day, the appreciation from the providers, and staff, made it all worth while.
Pros
cafeteria and gift shop discounts
Cons
Drug seekers
July 20, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide comments. Yes, the healthcare industry is a fast-paced environment, and it's good to read that it was worthwhile for you. Best to you in future employment, and thanks for your prior service with the CHI family.

Company reorganizing for an acquisition/merger
Project Manager III (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 3, 2017
Company reorganizing for an acquisition/merger. This involves a few difficult decisions to ensure the company is on-budget and positioned for the next steps.
Pros
Gives back to the community, as a non-profit
Cons
Company reorganizing for an acquisition/merger
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your previous employment with the CHI family, and for recognizing the contributions to the community made by CHI. Difficult decisions, mergers and acquisitions, etc. are not unique to the healthcare industry, and are not made lightly by CHI, but to carry out its mission. Thank you again for your past service, and your comments.

They hire great clinical staff, but not great managers
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 28, 2017
The above sums up my time there. In both practices that I have worked, the clinical team is amazing. The management is beyond frustrating. A lot of times this is not the direct manager per se, but the step above them that gives the marching orders. That is why there is such high turnover.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your comments, and for your current service with the CHI family of healthcare providers. While we cannot comment on the management situation at your facility, we do urge you to connect with your local HR for assistance/guidance. Again, thank you for your service.

High energy and positive environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 26, 2017
Loved working there. Many changes due to rapid growth and sale of company pending. Uncertainty about the future for the same reasons. Opportunities for learning.
Pros
work/life balance
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your prior service with a CHI facility in Washington, and for your positive comments. We wish you the best in your future employment.

Good Work Life Balance
Manager, Research Staff Education and Development (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 25, 2017
Work was goal oriented and efforts were recognized and rewarded. The work-life balance was strongly encouraged. The culture worked hard to meet the core values of the organization.
Pros
Break Room, Free Coffee, Mountain Views, Work-out Facility
Cons
No Pension, Company has been in a turn-around for 4+ years.
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your prior service with CHI, and thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, healthcare systems are facing challenging times and CHI is no exception. Fortunately, CHI reported third quarter positive gains and we certainly hope that trend continues. Best to you in your future endeavors.

poor management
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJune 16, 2017
the work that was expected was good, however, management in my particular facility was horribly micro managed, manager did not ask for input on certain things but made a decision without having the knowledge from direct care staff, resulted in poor management and staff leaving.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management
July 20, 2017

Thank you for your prior service with a CHI facility in Minnesota, and for taking the time to comment on your experience. The Catholic Health Initiatives website provides a "Contact Us" tab in the upper right corner and employees are encouraged to utilize that venue for specific workplace issues. We wish you the best in your future employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6