Catholic Health Services of Long Island

Catholic Health Services of Long Island Employee Reviews

Work enviroment
Physician Biller (Former Employee) –  Melville, NY 11747June 19, 2017
It was a very nice place to work for. Owners where very nice. Place is out of business now. very relaxed. Staff was small; everyone got along. Love the fact you can dress down
Would not recommend working there
Revenue Cycle Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 25, 2017
The managers don't manage. HR doesn't support emplyees.
Long term employees are fed up and leaving.
New employees are leaing after a few months.
Your concerns are never addressed. Too departmentalized.
Not a team at all.
Pros
Nice co workers. Health ins.
Cons
Understaffed. Very low pay. No training. No management paying any attention to employees.
going to church after mass provide free healh services to the unducumened and underserved, uninsured.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 18, 2016
the most important job ever held the sensitivity to the underserved was extreme. the love and passion for the job made it extremely easy to perform my job. it was an honor to have had the opportunity to work with the most devoted and professional staff ever.
the services and charity health services offered to the underserved was so deeply needed and the volunteer professional he donated their spare time to provide free health screenings to the needy was beyond what I have encountered in my prior positions. it was a pleasure to have worked at CHS
Pros
all
Cons
not having kept up with the new computer systems
misery
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 9, 2015
Everyone is miserable that works for this company. I was one of them for 6 years until i found the courage to leave! Management needs a major change as they are not qualified for their positions. Managers need proper management training. Human resources protects the company not the employee. co-workers around my area literally were being carried out in stretchers at least 1 a week from stress. This company is the worst company i have ever worked for and i am so happy i left.
Pros
hour lunch 1/2hour is paid 1/2 not paid
Cons
sweatshop
The worst Company ever
Director, Practice Management (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2015
CHS and its Senior Leadership is the worst in the industry. They hire Sr. Level Management without any formal education and place them in positions they know nothing about.

Extremely unprofessional.
Clerk II
Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Islip nySeptember 8, 2015
If you like to be Micro managed then you will love working at Good Samaritan Hospital. They have all the wrong people in charge !! If your a/hard worker they will not appreciate you.
Catholic Health Services
Project Manager/Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYAugust 10, 2015
CHSLI is a multiple hospital health care system on Long Island providing both acute and long term care for patients on Long Island.

My job responsibilities at Good Samaritan Medical Center include; direct project management, long term planning, day to day troubleshooting, budget management and direct employee contact from COO all the way down the line.

My position can be rewarding and challenging at the same time.
Pros
Located close to home
Cons
Compensation
Nice and Professsional place to work
Community Connect Implementation Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 27, 2015
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity. Learn more about CHS's commitment to quality and about the services offered.
Wonderful Mission Based Facility
Manager Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 30, 2015
OLC is a wonderful caring nursing facility, The staff is amazing and the mission is alive everyday. I enjoyed my job tremendously helping the elderly everyday,
Chs
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 1, 2014
I learned a great deal while working for this organization, however they continually add demands and reduce staff to address the poor financial performance and poor decisions made by senior management. They do not value their dedicated employees.
Pros
Good people, hardworking workforce
Cons
Stressful, time pressured environment
Productive and great workplace
SYSTEMS ANALYST, EPIC REPORT WRITER (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 10, 2014
CHSLI is a productive and great workplace with great co-workers.
Great Coworkers Terrible Management
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  melvilleAugust 1, 2014
I worked at chs for 4 years. The office in Melville is clean and close to lots of stores and shopping mall. Great area. The building has a small gym with showers and many outdoor seating. My coworkers became part of my family and we all got along great.
The problem is the management. My team brought up so many issues to our director but nothing was done. The place needs more supervisors and managers who actually know how to bill and can get their hands on work not just delegate. They dont check on work done and dont return emails. The office is ran by directors who are not qualified and by managers who are rude & lazy. Specially in the physician billing area. The employees are underpaid!!! The kids working at McDonald's make about the same salary. There are employees who have been working there for over 15 years but there are no promotions and only a 1-2% raise per year! And sometimes no raise at all. The pros are the benefits, location and peopple.
Pros
benefits, location, great clean building, coworkers
Cons
poor management, extremely low salary and raise of 1-2% or none at all
good co workers and manager
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 18, 2014
good co workers and great manager. learned much and enjoyed the teamwork
Respectable Organization
VP OF STRATEGIC PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, New YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Complex Healthcare Delivery System. Interesting and rewarding work with opportunities to work with a diverse group of people.
A great learning experience
Community Connect Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meetings to discuss new initiatives. I would spend half of my day in the office and the half out in the field meeting with physicians. I learned alot about EMR systems for private practices and the installation process. I was able to build my communication skills with the doctors that I met with on a daily basis.The hardest part of the job was being accepted as part of the team. I was the newest member on the team but I never felt accepted for the time I was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to go out and work on my own to build business and my client base.
IT Department was extraordinary- save for the Office Manager
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2013
As one of the leading Healthcare organizations on Long Island, the CHSLI IT Team is extraordinary. Their tech skills, team collaboration, and execution of communications and data management are superb. They were a team of over 100 professionals, that it was my honor to support as their admin assistant. The hardest part of the job was working with the office manager- as nothing I did seemed to be "right" for her. As a result, I was downsized from the position; losing a great source of personal satisfaction for me in the work I was able to accomplish for the teams. Also- the teams lost a great source of support in me.
Pros
Excellent health benefits
Cons
No HR support when I needed it
Negative
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, New YorkSeptember 27, 2013
Yes CHS is a mismanaged almost to the point of no return, Yes Management in the Finance Department (AP) do openly talk about people to other Employees as well as outside the Company .... Better known as "BlackListing" Its Time For CHS Corp to clean out "Bad" Directors and Managers ,,,,Its Been going on Way to long.....!!!!!!!!!

Also has too many Family members working too closely together causing out right favortism.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and very Family like envoirnment
Clerical Administration (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 28, 2013
Its always productive at CHS, I've learned a lot of new things there, the job was a temporary assignment, and I filled the need of what they were asking for in an employee, management was great co-workers are productive and friendly and motivational, the most enjoyable part of the job is always meeting new faces and new clients for the company.
Pros
worked with CEO's and Vice Presidents
Cons
it was a temporary assignment
Negative
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  NYMay 15, 2012
It is a horribly run and disgustingly managed company. The management openly talks about people to other employees and gives nothng but negative reinforcement to workers.
benefits
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6