Catholic Health Services of Long Island

Catholic Health Services of Long Island Employer Reviews

Respectable Organization
VP OF STRATEGIC PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION (Former Employee), Rockville Centre, New YorkFebruary 26, 2014
Complex Healthcare Delivery System. Interesting and rewarding work with opportunities to work with a diverse group of people.
A great learning experience
Community Connect Service Representative (Current Employee), Melville, NYDecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meetings to discuss new initiatives. I would spend half of my day in the office and the half out in the field meeting with physicians. I learned alot about EMR systems for private practices and the installation process. I was able to build my communication skills with the doctors that I met with on a daily basis.The – more... hardest part of the job was being accepted as part of the team. I was the newest member on the team but I never felt accepted for the time I was there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to go out and work on my own to build business and my client base. – less
IT Department was extraordinary- save for the Office Manager
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee), Melville, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: excellent health benefits
Cons: no hr support when i needed it
As one of the leading Healthcare organizations on Long Island, the CHSLI IT Team is extraordinary. Their tech skills, team collaboration, and execution of communications and data management are superb. They were a team of over 100 professionals, that it was my honor to support as their admin assistant. The hardest part of the job was working with the – more... office manager- as nothing I did seemed to be "right" for her. As a result, I was downsized from the position; losing a great source of personal satisfaction for me in the work I was able to accomplish for the teams. Also- the teams lost a great source of support in me. – less
Negative
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Rockville Centre, New YorkSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management
Yes CHS is a mismanaged almost to the point of no return, Yes Management in the Finance Department (AP) do openly talk about people to other Employees as well as outside the Company .... Better known as "BlackListing" Its Time For CHS Corp to clean out "Bad" Directors and Managers ,,,,Its Been going on Way to long.....!!!!!!!!!

Also has too many Family – more... members working too closely together causing out right favortism. – less
Productive and very Family like envoirnment
Clerical Administration (Current Employee), Melville, NYApril 28, 2013
Pros: worked with ceo's and vice presidents
Cons: it was a temporary assignment
Its always productive at CHS, I've learned a lot of new things there, the job was a temporary assignment, and I filled the need of what they were asking for in an employee, management was great co-workers are productive and friendly and motivational, the most enjoyable part of the job is always meeting new faces and new clients for the company.
Negative
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), NYMay 15, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
It is a horribly run and disgustingly managed company. The management openly talks about people to other employees and gives nothng but negative reinforcement to workers.