CATHOLIC HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Good co workers
Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2016
Long hours with little growth. Salaried with minimal lunch break. Very demanding overall. Learned a lot with the caseload.
interesting
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 25, 2015
a typical day at work is very challenging. I have learned lots of patients working for this company. The hardest part of my job is traveling where I have to drive to five or four different homes in a day which can be very tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own and not have to have a boss watching over my shoulder.
Fun group of people, very enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLAugust 1, 2015
I loved working here. The people were a fun group of people. My day consisted of coding and entering invoices from 2 nursing homes, 2 rehab hospitals, the corporate office and a special needs school. The hardest part of the job was month end and getting all the invoices from the facilities to be able to do a good accrual. The enjoyable part was doing something that is hard to do and it coming out well. The health bill was 3 spreadsheets that had to be downloaded and converted to a usable spreadsheet for entering into the a/p system.
Great and Fun Place to Work
Payroll Coordinator/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 10, 2014
Easy Pace
I learned 2 new programs for payroll
My position was time sensitive
I had great coworkers
Pros
fun parties and they took care of their employees
Cons
long drive from miami
Great Environment
HRIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYDecember 6, 2014
There are many great people that work within this healthcare system. I have no complaints with any of the office locations where I have worked. The system also provides employees with great benefits.
opportuniies for growth
INTERNSHIP/ PHYSICIAN STRATEGY (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2014
great company for healthcare growth career expansion
engage with patients professionally to get feedbacks for room for opportunities
meet staffs in different healthcare facilities
Excellent experience. Great coworker and a fine place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2014
Putting the things I learned in school, realizing the impact it had on patients lives, and the helpful and knowledgeable coworkers all boosted my confidence and is a big part of who I have become
Pros
as above
Cons
didn't spend enough time there
Appeals Manager for healthcare services rejected by various insurance carriers
Appeals Manager (Former Employee) –  Nassau County New YorkJanuary 31, 2014
Managed the appeals process for denied insurance claims for the five hospitals that are part of the Catholic Health Services system.
Pros
interesting and challenging position
Worst place to work
Admission RN (Former Employee) –  Miami LakesDecember 12, 2013
First extremely disorganized, Admission RN department and management do not care about patients only about the numbers,
name of this company Catholic is supposed to be compationed with the patients, BUT IS NOT, is only numbers!!!,
Well now THE BENEFITS package, is JOKE,
more than 800 usd, every month only health insurance, for a family of 4,
So if you go to the interview be sure to ask all question, although they could lie to you
That happen to me,
So ladies and gen you are advise.
Cons
management, benefits, salary and
Excellent Place to Take care patiens in ADL"s
Care Nursing Assistant; Caring (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaAugust 26, 2013
Help the group of patiens who are assigned me in all activities of daily living such as eating,dressing,bathing,personal care,meet their needs and help distracion activities. Teaming up with my others cowokers. Place in the system Caretacker everything related to the patient body during my work shift.
Being the most rewarding to see a smile on their faces.
Pros
job security and advancement
Cons
insurance plan and salary
Year-long residency program in geriatric physical therapy
Physical Therapist Geriatric Resident (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJuly 27, 2013
As a geriatric resident, a typical day included treating a variety of geriatric patients with rehab, SNF, and outpatient settings. I had times of mentoring as well to improve my expertise in the treatment of patients within the given setting. I worked in 3 different clinics during the year rotation. Management and co-workers varied based on the setting I was in at the time. The hardest part of the job was completing the paper and projects I had to do outside of the work day. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with some excellent and inspiring patients along the way.
Pros
free parking, plenty of mentoring available, overall nice managers and staff
Cons
length notetaking, time needed for extra preparation outside of work, long hours in outpatient
Nice place to work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.April 22, 2013
Review charts, risk management duties such as monitor and report falls, skin tears, open wounds, infection reports, incidents reports, medication errors, and quantify data in month end reviews, reports and charts.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
far from home
Great staff and crew - management not so supportive
IT Nurse (Former Employee) –  Villa Maria - St. Catherine'sMarch 27, 2013
Proceed with caution - Not a true nursing informatics position. Expectations of this job are not clearly defined and the people in charge do not give you proper guidance. Location staff are welcoming and great. Enjoyed learning new systems. All (but two people) were open and supportive. Harderst part of the job was the driving to the various location. Training for what you need to do the job is hap-hazard.
Pros
wonderful staff and coworkers
Cons
no true guidance or defined expectations from senior - always changed from day to day
Freelance Opportunity
Video Project Manager / Producer (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 4, 2013
Freelance Opportunity for Catholic Health Services, creating an informational video. Only lasted about 2 months until the video was complete.
Accounts Payable Representative
Accounts Payable Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockville Center,N.Y.July 11, 2012
Due to the heavy volume my day started as early as 7am. The office personnel spent so much time talking that they did not spend enough time working. The supervisors spent too much time trying to placate everyone. The best part of this job was the abliity to work without direct supervision. Much of my work was done alone. We had deadlines everyday and check runs for different hospitals daily. I learned how to use Exel which enabled me to compete my work faster. I also learned not to work for a company with 25 people in Accounts Payable

2.9