CATHOLIC HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Amazing co-workers, terrible management.
Aide (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 19, 2017
This place is an organized, well run machine, with great co-workers. However, the Managers and administration are a bunch of scumbags. They protect each other no matter how many times various co-workers have complained about a certain manager consistently over the years. To them the employees are a dime a dozen.
Poor Leadership
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 30, 2017
Leadership doesn't communicate with employees. You will be told how to perform a job function and that instruction will be different in less than 2 months.
Production and fun place to work with excellent customer care
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLMarch 22, 2017
Catholic Health Services is located in sunny Lauderdale Lakes, FL. The culture there is very diverse! I loved the opportunity to meet people of various ethnic backgrounds and learn more about their food and culture. The workplace was very laid back and stress free though there was always a lot of work to be done. Doing the work was actually extremely rewarding and gratifying!
Pros
Location, atmosphere
Cons
Employees' lack of computer system knowledge causing accounts to be way out of balance
busy
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 9, 2017
Working in a hospital is very hectic also very enjoyable and the same time, i love to stay busy always doing something different everyday love the patients and coworkers everyone is always upbeat and very helpful.
Pros
Always a meeting everyday to fill everyone in
Cons
hard to work around school schedules
Good place to work bad administration
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Good benefits, very nice co-workers, and near home. Horrible Organization and Administration. NO opportunity of advancement and the management have no consideration for the employees.
Benefits
Cons
Bad administration
Meaningful
Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2017
This a great company to work for. You will have a feeling of reward and satisfaction with the work you will do. Company places great emphasis on the community. Plenty of opportunities for learning and growth.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great Staff
Cons
Salary is not very competitive
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLDecember 7, 2016
Positive working environment that makes the employees feel good about coming to work. A typical day at work included reviewing and analyzing complaints and grievances, incident reports and determining trends/patterns and making recommendation for improvement.
Pros
Great Staff
Good co workers
Therapist (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2016
Long hours with little growth. Salaried with minimal lunch break. Very demanding overall. Learned a lot with the caseload.
Rewarding
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYDecember 10, 2015
I worked as an LPN in a nursing home. The job was rewarding and heartbreaking at the same time. I got to know the residents at a personal level and loved to come to work and care for them. They gave me a reason to come to work and a purpose to be fulfilled at my workplace.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Short Break
interesting
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYOctober 25, 2015
a typical day at work is very challenging. I have learned lots of patients working for this company. The hardest part of my job is traveling where I have to drive to five or four different homes in a day which can be very tiring. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own and not have to have a boss watching over my shoulder.
Fun group of people, very enjoyable place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLAugust 1, 2015
I loved working here. The people were a fun group of people. My day consisted of coding and entering invoices from 2 nursing homes, 2 rehab hospitals, the corporate office and a special needs school. The hardest part of the job was month end and getting all the invoices from the facilities to be able to do a good accrual. The enjoyable part was doing something that is hard to do and it coming out well. The health bill was 3 spreadsheets that had to be downloaded and converted to a usable spreadsheet for entering into the a/p system.
Great and Fun Place to Work
Payroll Coordinator/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 10, 2014
Easy Pace
I learned 2 new programs for payroll
My position was time sensitive
I had great coworkers
Pros
Fun parties and they took care of their employees
Cons
Long drive from Miami
Great Environment
HRIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYDecember 6, 2014
There are many great people that work within this healthcare system. I have no complaints with any of the office locations where I have worked. The system also provides employees with great benefits.
opportuniies for growth
INTERNSHIP/ PHYSICIAN STRATEGY (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 5, 2014
great company for healthcare growth career expansion
engage with patients professionally to get feedbacks for room for opportunities
meet staffs in different healthcare facilities
Excellent experience. Great coworker and a fine place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2014
Putting the things I learned in school, realizing the impact it had on patients lives, and the helpful and knowledgeable coworkers all boosted my confidence and is a big part of who I have become
Pros
As above
Cons
didn't spend enough time there
Appeals Manager for healthcare services rejected by various insurance carriers
Appeals Manager (Former Employee) –  Nassau County New YorkJanuary 31, 2014
Managed the appeals process for denied insurance claims for the five hospitals that are part of the Catholic Health Services system.
Pros
Interesting and challenging position
Worst place to work
Admission RN (Former Employee) –  Miami LakesDecember 12, 2013
First extremely disorganized, Admission RN department and management do not care about patients only about the numbers,
name of this company Catholic is supposed to be compationed with the patients, BUT IS NOT, is only numbers!!!,
Well now THE BENEFITS package, is JOKE,
more than 800 usd, every month only health insurance, for a family of 4,
So if you go to the interview be sure to ask all question, although they could lie to you
That happen to me,
So ladies and gen you are advise.
Pros
Cons
Management, Benefits, Salary and
Excellent Place to Take care patiens in ADL"s
Care Nursing Assistant; Caring (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaAugust 26, 2013
Help the group of patiens who are assigned me in all activities of daily living such as eating,dressing,bathing,personal care,meet their needs and help distracion activities. Teaming up with my others cowokers. Place in the system Caretacker everything related to the patient body during my work shift.
Being the most rewarding to see a smile on their faces.
Pros
Job security and advancement
Cons
Insurance Plan and salary
Year-long residency program in geriatric physical therapy
Physical Therapist Geriatric Resident (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJuly 27, 2013
As a geriatric resident, a typical day included treating a variety of geriatric patients with rehab, SNF, and outpatient settings. I had times of mentoring as well to improve my expertise in the treatment of patients within the given setting. I worked in 3 different clinics during the year rotation. Management and co-workers varied based on the setting I was in at the time. The hardest part of the job was completing the paper and projects I had to do outside of the work day. The most enjoyable part was getting to work with some excellent and inspiring patients along the way.
Pros
Free parking, plenty of mentoring available, overall nice managers and staff
Cons
length notetaking, time needed for extra preparation outside of work, long hours in outpatient
Nice place to work
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.April 22, 2013
Review charts, risk management duties such as monitor and report falls, skin tears, open wounds, infection reports, incidents reports, medication errors, and quantify data in month end reviews, reports and charts.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
far from home