Catholic Health System Employee Reviews

Fast paced medical floor
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Assembled and disassembled patient charts, entered vitals, doctor's orders, answered call phone, assisted RNs in a face-paced sometimes stressful environment.
Pros
Gained experience in hospital environment
Cons
Inconsistency of break and lunch times - short staffing
Helped Me to Advance My Career
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 18, 2017
Provided reimbursement for every calendar year I worked while in school. Most managers will work with a school schedule. Seniority doesn't count if you go from a nonunion to a union job.
I like it here.
Pharmacy Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
Catholic. Brief ceremonies periodically.

There is room for advancement if you stick around long enough and work hard your efforts will be noticed as someone they can count on.

Management recognizes positive and friendly personalities. Awards such as a "Great Catch" or "Love Award" encourages and reminds employees good work is rewarded.
Pros
Free lunches every once and awhile.
Understaffed
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 29, 2017
This company is so understaffed all the time. This one time I had to be an aid on a stroke floor for 20 patients by myself. It was so stressful and management does nothing
VP (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Many opportunities for success. Good people, staff who care about each other. Leadership could be a little more in touch. Great benefits, would highly recommend.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership out of touch
A good balance of work and teamwork in difficult and stressful situations at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kenmore, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very good place to work, management is proactive in helpings employees achieve higher education while balancing work and family life. Teamwork with other members of the department is phenomenal along with the physicians on staff that make you feel well respected
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks
Great atmosphere Great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Sisters of Charity of HospitalSeptember 15, 2017
I worked patient access in the ER and bedboard nights. The nights are the best time to work. Friendly staff, consistantly busy ...love it!! It is however tough balancing work & family with staffing issues..
Pros
Best place to work Sisters of Charity hospital
Cons
When its low staffing can be tough to balance family & work
Ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2017
Catholic health is a OK place to work if you can find full time I worked part time at Olv and it feels like u work full time with none of the benefits
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
No advancement
It fit the bill when I needed a job
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2017
Catholic Health was a difficult company to work for. Expected to much from each person and provided no work life balance.
Many people were burned out and lost confidence due to the amoutn of work dumped on them.
Pros
Pay and benefits were good
Cons
Too much work and too little time
downsized
Information Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 27, 2017
I was downsized due to healthcare changes.
Fast paced growing company for last 10 years
64 percent growth rate
Opened 6 new company's under my watch
Pros
great co workers
Cons
top heavy management
Good Job
Receivables Clerk - Secondary Insurance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 8, 2017
This was a great job, however I did not possess enough prior experience to succeed. I was not there long enough to seek other positions within the Institution.
Don't work here
Medical (Former Employee) –  KenmoreJune 26, 2017
Management does not care about employees workload is ridiculous , they put you under pressure every day if you want a stressful job this is it . No training given. Backstabbing employees and the patiences run the place. They don't care , there's no patient care all they care about are numbers how many people they can get in and out of the door to make money. They call themselves a catholic hospital, and treat employees terrible
Pros
Free parking, OK benefits
Cons
Pay sucks
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 26, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone was nice. Enjoyed my time as an employee there. Great working environment. Nothing negative to say. Didn't want to leave, had to for family obligations.
A ruthless company to work for
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2017
Very little guidance given, I felt like I was thrown to the wolves with no clear direction or expectations. Management was clueless as to what they wanted to accomplish, very unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
Many
Ehh
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
This place could be much better. Sometimes they don't always do what they say they are going to do. Managers are not so great! The cafeteria food is lousy... just pitiful! My dog wouldn't be too happy with that food. The pay is not that great either but I thank god I have a job.
Workplace Culture
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed interning with Catholic Health. The employees were very helpful and friendly. They really showed their passion for their Job in a clinical setting.
Flexible and reputable
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 2, 2017
Working as a Home Health Aid provides me with great experience and the ability to meet many different people. Catholic Health offers competitive pay and very flexible hours. Would absolutely recommend this company.
St Catherine's Laboure
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  St. Catherine's LaboureMarch 23, 2017
The residents and staff are awesome! Very close knit. My coworkers were amazing. Always available to assist. Management keeps their facility divided.
Pros
The staff works together to provide care to the patients and families. Very much like a family unit
Cons
Management doesnt appreciate the staff that they have.
Great company to work for
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I have worked for CHS for almost 2 years and they are fantastic to work for. Very accommodating, easy to work with. Small work loads in the clerical field but the whole organization if fantastic. Great opportunities to move up through the company. They really take care of their staff, and make a person feel appreciated.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
small work load
A 24/7 Stroke Center. Very pleasant work environment with helpful radiologists
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2017
This hospital is a Stroke Center so it can get very busy at times. You work independently at times, and the operation is open 24/7. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant. You work hand in hand with the radiologists and all are very friendly and helpful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Health System Reviews by Location