Catholic Medical Center

Catholic Medical Center Employer Reviews

Professional work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 6, 2014
The CVSURG unit was a very fast paced unit that involved monitoring/interpretation of telemetry readings and treat per protocols set forth by MD's. There were other patients that had other cardiovascular needs which included pre/post op teaching and education in the areas of medication, diet and exercise.
The Revenue Cycle director is supportive and responsive to our department and personal needs.
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 18, 2014
Pros: autonomy, support, technology
Cons: small office space
Catholic Medical Center is a faith based organization that extends compassion and care to their employees and patients.
The Director of The Revenue Cycle communicates clear expectations and goals, provides the tools necessary to achieve set goals, and supports us individually and as a team.
My time with CMC
LNA (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 30, 2014
CMC is a great hospital for people to turn to when they are need. However some of the inner workings of staff as far as advancement, work environment need a little work.
Great Patient Care
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: kind people, great staffing ratios, use of evidence based practice, dunkin donuts in the lobby
I did one of my rotations through CMC. It is a fabulous hospital. The patient care is wonderful. The staff truly cares about their patients and about each. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Excellent work environment
MDS technician/patient transport (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: helpful staff
Cons: none so far
I've only been working here for a month and a half, but it is by far the best job I've ever had. Not only is the work enjoyable, but the coworkers and management especially are shockingly pleasant friendly. They can be your friend just as much your supervisor. The majority of the staff I've encountered are as they present themselves, kind, outgoing – more... and friendly. The doctors, surgeons and nurses(important people) do not treat those lower on the totem pole as such. You do good work, go above and beyond and you will be rewarded – less
Productive workplace that is dedicated to patient care
Clinical Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Staff is beyond friendly and helpful. Great teamwork environment.
Excellent
Phlebotomist, ASCP (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 23, 2014
Excellent work place. Treated fairly, I have reached a point in my life where I need to advance my career.
An overall friendly environment
Registered Nurse, Special Care Nursery (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 14, 2014
An overall friendly environment to work in, excellent management skills and ability.
Will NEVER work for CMC AGAIN
Nurse (Former Employee), Manchester NHJuly 8, 2014
Management is unfair. Too much micromanagement. Everyone works against each other versus working together. Too many hands in the pot. Poor communication. Managers play favorites.
Policies varied.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 8, 2014
Policies varied upon managers and coworkers. Typical days were busy.
CCT,
Critical care techician/LNA (Current Employee), Manchester NhMarch 14, 2014
Catholic Medical Center was a great place to work, great team work.
fun place to work with great people
Non Invasive Cardiac Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 1, 2014
Started in cardiology without any knowledge. Was given a chance to prove myself. Selt taught myself to learn what I needed to learn.. My coworkers where very supported and my bosses. Yes, we had our busy days and worked short handed at times, but we always demonstrated team work and pull together to make the day work.
Great team to work with and fun.
Laboratory Registrar/NDP Registrar (Current Employee), LaboratoryDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great team to work with.
Cons: hours are not ideal at this point in my life, would really like to only work monday through friday with weekends off.
Work second shift, Monday through Friday 4-10 pm and Saturdays 7-11 am. Typical day includes, checking emails, looking in bucket for specimens that have been dropped off to be registered and ordered. The courier comes three times throughout the night from outpatient service centers and other hospitals, register specimens in SMS and order in SoftLab – more... for tests to be performed, deliver to correct departments within the laboratory. Check all requisitions to be sure they are accurate, fax/call reports to doctors, scan in all paperwork in scanning system.Work with a fantastic team but really want to go back to working days and a full 40 hours each week. – less
Superior benefits
Office manager, Client svcs supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2013
Company has grown incredibly during my tenure, while keeping the same care and compassion for it's patients.
My Day At Work
LICENSED NURSE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: 45 minuted lunches
Performs a variety of direct patient care activities which fall within the scope of LNA practice as defined by the State Board of Nursing and Catholic Medical Center Nursing Organization policies and procedures. Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development and awareness of age-appropriate care, to provide care for patients across the life span. – more... Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or physician to perform selected patient care activities or tasks as appropriate. Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and changes in patient’s condition to the Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse. Performs patient rounds, responds to patient call bells promptly and communicates with appropriate staff to meet patient needs. Provides basic support to patients and families in response to identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious preferences. Performs or assists patient in the completion of activities of daily living. Assists nursing staff with patient ambulation, transfers, range of motion and repositioning as required. Anticipates patient needs and asks patient about the need for toileting, fluid, nutrition, and comfort measures. Maintains patient privacy and dignity. Participates in admitting patient by bringing patient to room and orients patient to surroundings. Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as appropriate, according to policies and procedures. Performs 12-lead Electrocardiograms (EKG) as directed. Assists with patient transport as required and assist in transporting/obtaining medications, specimens, blood products, and patient care supplies as needed. Ensures safe patient movement by utilizing appropriate lifting equipment/transfer devices. Collaboratively works with multidisciplinary team, maintains good communication; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients and families, co-workers, and the public. Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers. – less
everyone helped each other and did extra work if needed
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free training on the job
Cons: sometimes others wouldnt be willing tohelp answer the phone
filed answered phone delivered charts to proper person or floor
how to file numerically as well as alphabetically
management was wonderful
coworkers had to help each other
trying to get the work done in allotted time
I liked doing a variety of things
Excellent Professional Challenge
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 6, 2013
Cons: expensive benefits
Demonstrated ability to assist surgeon, assisted with preparation of surgery using sterile techniques, opened sterile supplies properly, performed successful counts, utilized resources cost effectively, follows proper procedure of checking medications with nurse during surgery. Experience in OBGYN, General, Plastic, Orthopedic, Hand , ENT, Urology and – more... Emergency.
I learned a great deal of many specialties and work was excitingly challenging. Management allowed my coworkers to make managerial decisions. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 23, 2013
Pros: understanding management.
CMC is like working with a big family. It is a large facility with a small facility feel. The new CEO is working hard to keep this facility rated as a top level hospital. The hospital has won many awards for excellence.

I am proud to be associated with this facility.
The best place I've ever worked. Would still be there if my husband had not been transferred.
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 3, 2013
Pros: management who cared openly and appreciated staff feedback
Cons: not there long enough
Did preop and admitted patients to endoscopy unit. Administered medications and assisted doctor with EGD, colonoscopies etc. Did post op recovery and discharge. Learned what true peer support and good management is. Also had opportunities to advance i.e. become a member of the IV team for difficult sticks throughout the hospital.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 4, 2013
It was a great learning experience and a introduction to healthcare.

1 2 3