Catholic Medical Center Employee Reviews

Attendance Policy
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 12, 2017
This workplace is riddled with problems. First, the attendance policy is a joke. One of my coworkers was ill and was admitted to this hospital, and they counted the absence against her. Doctor's notes mean nothing here, they do NOT care about your well being. Also thirty cent raises or less every year. Not worth it. Plus creepy doctors that prey on employees. Not an ideal workplace.
wonderful place to work
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 24, 2017
CMC is a wonderful place to work. CEO and management as well as coworkers are very satisfied and generally happy to be working there. Nice environment, good/great pay.
Pros
Pay and management
Cons
Very busy sometimes to the point of overwhelming due to continuous improvement projects.
Just a nurse extern position
OPERATING ROOM NURSE EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 9, 2017
I learned the circulating nurse's roll. I learned a lot about how the OR works. I also found out that the surgical tech has the more interesting role.
Pros
educational
Cons
It was a temporary position
productive and fun work place, with great leaders
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work in the AM is more fast paste, back and forth and a lot of work to keep you busy, and I love it. While in the PM its more slow and easy going. But it also depends on how smooth the AM was, so if it was crazy in the morning, you best believe that there's going to be a lot of work to do in the night A.K.A (second shift)

I learn that you should never limit yourself. Always be open-minded and willing to learn and try new things.

Management is always on time with your personal information and always reminding you about your work appointments etc.

The most enjoyable part is helping my co-workers and us just working as a team, that makes me happy and I feel like I accomplished something at the end of the night, you know what they say! "DREAM WORK MAKES THE TEAMWORK "
Pros
Free Lunches, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, health care, etc.
Pleasant environment
LICENSED NURSING ASSISTANT/ SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 5, 2017
Great company to work for! They set high standards for their employees but, reward them accordingly. It is a positive environment to work in and administration were always quite pleasant.
Pros
Great food!!
Cons
Parking lot is a distance from the hospital
just ok
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 21, 2016
could be much better. Need to improve the orientation process of new employees. EMR system is way behind, needs updating.
Not a safe environment.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 14, 2016
I tell everyone I know not to use the ER. Patients are treated like animals. The place is dirty and you work hard with no recognition with a 2% increas which is the max. They are the lowest paying hospital for the amount of work you do.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Bad neighborhood
Nice Hospital
Transfer Center/Admissions Nurse (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 19, 2016
I work per-diem as a bed placement/ transfer center coordinator. I have developed great communication skill along with the ability to multitask. Co works are friendly.
Trauma 3 Center
Emergency room nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 14, 2016
triaging
6:1 nursing ratio
CPR, TNCC training, PALS training
Good co-workers, they would help you out when you were over whelmed with patients.
The hardest part was not being to save everybody.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unsafe neighborhood
Team Oriented, approachable management, fun atmosphere
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 2, 2016
Great place to learn and grow in your field of study. I would still be there if not for the commute time. Everyone is supportive and a great source of knowledge.
If your looking for a company that values its employees.. KEEP LOOKING
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Main CampusMay 7, 2016
After years of consistent change in its leadership, its the employees who suffer the consequence of the poor and ever changing leadership! Not what is was. Benefits annually get worse and worse with increase in costs and deduction in services offered. Compensation adjustments at a mere 3% if you are an employee who kisses enough rump. If you're like the majority of the staff please enjoy the 2% meets expectations increase which will not even make up for the difference in the increase in benefit costs. Sure they offer a wide variety insurance options from Long term disability, Short term disability, vision, dental and medical..... but you only make out with medical if you don't mind having your peers know you business as it is strongly suggested (PUSHED) that you have services at the facility. After nearly 10 years of service, a member of senior management shared that longevity is a thing of the past and all employees are replaceable. If you have RN behind your name, well this is a different path! You can do no wrong, you'll get all the attention and according to this organization you are the only ones that matter! Annual adjustments to stay competitive in the market and an over the top celebration for ONLY nurses during nurses week. It is clear that senior leadership believes that only nurses are important in this organization..... unless... you happen to be a nurse who works off site!! Well then you will enjoy being swept under the carpet!!!
Pros
There are no perks unless you believe the 30% discount for medical services is a perk
Cons
This organization is run by the CFO and not the CEO
Very Good Organaziation
Team leader shipper/reciever (Current Employee) –  Manchester nhSeptember 13, 2015
I have worked here for over 6 years and have worked my way up from a lower level job to a management level. Great organization for advancement as well as trying new things. Very consistent hours and pay. benefits are pretty good include many discounts at other business as well as discounts on medical costs. I enjoy working here a lot for the community of the workers as well as the organization.
Pros
Secure workplace
Cons
Can be very Stressfull
Cares about employees
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 31, 2015
CMC cares about employees, and strives to maintain its motto for both employees and patients. The CEO will get down on the units and talk to the employees who work with the patients.
Friendly place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 24, 2015
Friendly atmosphere where people know each other and are willing to help one another. I really enjoy the people I work with and the look out for your best interest. Low pay.
Great learning environment
Respiratory student (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 13, 2015
CMC was a respiratory clinical rotation for me. It was one of the best experiences I had as a student. They were organized, respectful, patient and kind.
Pros
Great preceptors
Very poor leadership
LNA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 16, 2015
This hospital has very poor leadership and there is never enough staff to meet the patients needs. There is always a need for staff to stay over because there is not enough to go around. This floor is a Cardiac floor but you rarely get Cardiac patients.This floor was horrible and very dirty.
Pros
overtime doubletime
Cons
over worked
Catholic Medical Center Kitchen
Culinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 22, 2015
The job flow of a Culinary Assistant is very accessible dailey routine. My co- workers are all very fun and generous people to be around, however i feel under looked by management in efforts to allow my benefits.In my three years of service to Catholic Medical Center Kitchen staff my applications to advance to full time and receive benefits for Earn time, and medical assistance have been denied.
Pros
All kitchen staff received a Raise in pay
Cons
No Benefits
Great clinical rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 8, 2015
Overall offered a great clinical rotation for my final semester in nursing school. Nursing staff and clinical instructor worked well together to give us a great semester.
Pros
Exceptional Nursing staff
Cons
More one on one time with the nurses would be helpful
Amazing place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 6, 2015
CMC Values its employees and provides opportunities for growth and advancement. I cherish every minute I work here. I would highly recommend this employer.
great place to work
Peri-Natal Tech (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 24, 2015
I was employed six years, I enjoyed my time there and glad I had the opportunity to work at this hospital. I left do to moving out of state.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Catholic Medical Center Reviews by Location