Catholic Medical Center

Catholic Medical Center Employer Reviews

CCT,
Critical care techician/LNA (Current Employee), Manchester NhMarch 14, 2014
Catholic Medical Center was a great place to work, great team work.
fun place to work with great people
Non Invasive Cardiac Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 1, 2014
Started in cardiology without any knowledge. Was given a chance to prove myself. Selt taught myself to learn what I needed to learn.. My coworkers where very supported and my bosses. Yes, we had our busy days and worked short handed at times, but we always demonstrated team work and pull together to make the day work.
Great team to work with and fun.
Laboratory Registrar/NDP Registrar (Current Employee), LaboratoryDecember 23, 2013
Pros: great team to work with.
Cons: hours are not ideal at this point in my life, would really like to only work monday through friday with weekends off.
Work second shift, Monday through Friday 4-10 pm and Saturdays 7-11 am. Typical day includes, checking emails, looking in bucket for specimens that have been dropped off to be registered and ordered. The courier comes three times throughout the night from outpatient service centers and other hospitals, register specimens in SMS and order in SoftLab – more... for tests to be performed, deliver to correct departments within the laboratory. Check all requisitions to be sure they are accurate, fax/call reports to doctors, scan in all paperwork in scanning system.Work with a fantastic team but really want to go back to working days and a full 40 hours each week. – less
Superior benefits
Office manager, Client svcs supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2013
Company has grown incredibly during my tenure, while keeping the same care and compassion for it's patients.
My Day At Work
LICENSED NURSE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: 45 minuted lunches
Performs a variety of direct patient care activities which fall within the scope of LNA practice as defined by the State Board of Nursing and Catholic Medical Center Nursing Organization policies and procedures. Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development and awareness of age-appropriate care, to provide care for patients across the life span. – more... Assists the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or physician to perform selected patient care activities or tasks as appropriate. Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and changes in patient’s condition to the Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse. Performs patient rounds, responds to patient call bells promptly and communicates with appropriate staff to meet patient needs. Provides basic support to patients and families in response to identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious preferences. Performs or assists patient in the completion of activities of daily living. Assists nursing staff with patient ambulation, transfers, range of motion and repositioning as required. Anticipates patient needs and asks patient about the need for toileting, fluid, nutrition, and comfort measures. Maintains patient privacy and dignity. Participates in admitting patient by bringing patient to room and orients patient to surroundings. Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as appropriate, according to policies and procedures. Performs 12-lead Electrocardiograms (EKG) as directed. Assists with patient transport as required and assist in transporting/obtaining medications, specimens, blood products, and patient care supplies as needed. Ensures safe patient movement by utilizing appropriate lifting equipment/transfer devices. Collaboratively works with multidisciplinary team, maintains good communication; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients and families, co-workers, and the public. Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in relating to patients, families, visitors, physicians and coworkers. – less
everyone helped each other and did extra work if needed
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: free training on the job
Cons: sometimes others wouldnt be willing tohelp answer the phone
filed answered phone delivered charts to proper person or floor
how to file numerically as well as alphabetically
management was wonderful
coworkers had to help each other
trying to get the work done in allotted time
I liked doing a variety of things
Excellent Professional Challenge
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 6, 2013
Cons: expensive benefits
Demonstrated ability to assist surgeon, assisted with preparation of surgery using sterile techniques, opened sterile supplies properly, performed successful counts, utilized resources cost effectively, follows proper procedure of checking medications with nurse during surgery. Experience in OBGYN, General, Plastic, Orthopedic, Hand , ENT, Urology and – more... Emergency.
I learned a great deal of many specialties and work was excitingly challenging. Management allowed my coworkers to make managerial decisions. – less
Excellent Place to Work
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 23, 2013
Pros: understanding management.
CMC is like working with a big family. It is a large facility with a small facility feel. The new CEO is working hard to keep this facility rated as a top level hospital. The hospital has won many awards for excellence.

I am proud to be associated with this facility.
The best place I've ever worked. Would still be there if my husband had not been transferred.
Endoscopy Nurse (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 3, 2013
Pros: management who cared openly and appreciated staff feedback
Cons: not there long enough
Did preop and admitted patients to endoscopy unit. Administered medications and assisted doctor with EGD, colonoscopies etc. Did post op recovery and discharge. Learned what true peer support and good management is. Also had opportunities to advance i.e. become a member of the IV team for difficult sticks throughout the hospital.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 4, 2013
It was a great learning experience and a introduction to healthcare.
Patients and Staff are submerged within an environment of family
Critical Care Tech./Unit Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 14, 2013
Pros: culture and values
Cons: tuition reimbursement
This was an institution that had a general culture of putting the patient first above all. It was like working with one big family, even interdepartmental when a department suffered a loss of a co worker
First and only job
Dietary Aid (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 9, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: bad people
overall the place made me grow as a person, but the fairness of the work place was an issue.
a great place to work
Critical care tech (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 7, 2013
working at Catholic medical center was like working for a family.
The company is not run properly.
Budget/Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: too many managers, no training program and an incompetent controller.
There isn't a proper training program in place. Too many managers along with too much micromanaging. Catholic Medical Center would rather fire their own employee then admit to their own deficient training program.
Wonderful place to work
ECG Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 2, 2013
Catholic Medical Center is a wonderful place to work, I have throughtly enjoyed my time there and am sad to think about leaving the team. The people I worked with always worked as a team helping each other out in anyway possible. The typical day at work someday could seem overwhelming with the seemingly never ending stream of inpatient add ons for testing. – more... There was always someone there that had your back at that moment when you felt like the work may not get accomplished in a timely fashion that made it seem much simpler and quite possible. Everyone worked together well and I learned that it's okay to ask for help if you need it. – less
Good company
payroll clerk of nursing department (Former Employee), Queens NYNovember 27, 2012
Pros: stress free environment
Cons: low pay
Extremely comfortable environment, No stress what so ever. Great co-workers and work schedule. Good company perks.
Will not return to this facility.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 7, 2012
Pros: good locations
Cons: would prefer not to say
In my personal opinion during my contract at this hospital there were a lot of management structure problems. The staff was very easy to get along with and very accepting of training and helping orientate me.
Extremely dissatisfied with cmc
coordinator (Former Employee), ICUSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything else. see above.
Very poor management (spoke about staff to other coworkers, unreasonable, had obvious favorite staff, etc). Abundance of rude, unwelcoming & unprofessional staff in dept. Good compensation.
Certified Surgical Tech/First Assist (Former Employee), Manchester NHSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: almost everything
Cons: many hours on call
CMC was a great place to work the environment was positive with a great emphasis on patient care. Very good surgeons, wonderful learning and working experience
Working for a company that made me feel like I was part of a big family.
Environmental Services Technician I (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation and the free food
Cons: not having enough time to be as meticulous with my cleaning and disinfecting as i strive to be.
A typical day at work began in the morning when I would arrive at the hospital, sign in, get my hospital scrubs to wear while I performed my daily work duties, grab the pager that was assigned to me for the day, and say hello to my co-workers. I was assigned to clean the operating rooms between cases. I learned how very important infection control is – more... and how important it is that everyone adheres to the hospital's universal precaution policies and safety policies.
I had good communication with my manager and we got along very well. I enjoyed working there and most of my co-workers were friendly and had warm personalities. They seemed to look out for each other and offered help when needed.
When things were slow and there weren't any cases in the operating room, I would be assigned to clean floors, windows, bathrooms, the nurses and doctors lounges, dusting, and patient rooms after they were discharged. I liked performing those job duties. Working in the operating rooms was more stressful because I had a shorter time span to clean each room to get it ready for the next case. When I clean, I am thorough and like to do the job to the best of my ability, but I found this to be difficult while under a tight time constraint. I did the best I could under the circumstances.
I think the most enjoyable parts of the job were my co-workers and how they could make the job fun, and the delicious food in the cafe. – less