Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews

Compassionate environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 11, 2017
Great Compassionate environment. It is a wonderful place that allows the CSS team to provide a wide array of services to the poorest members of our community.
Supportive Services for everyone's needs
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wellston, OHOctober 5, 2017
Helping others remain self sufficient as long as possible.

Need to leave job at the office because some cases break your heart.

Assisting the Elderly to stay in their own homes as long as they can.
Pros
Good training support
Cons
2 hour drive to main office
days of productivity, fun,challenging and stressful at times. but very rewarding on case to case basis
Shelter Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrigada Heights, GUSeptember 18, 2017
very busy with clients. some days fun some stressful because not enough employees and time to get to appointments was a challenge because unreliable company vehicles and scheduling time to close to meet without other assignments.
clients were a challenge because of all different types/kinds of behaviors and personalities. My most enjoyable part of my job, is knowing that when departure comes for a client, that I was a positive impact during their stay.
Cons
health insurance to expensive, poor management, not enough staffing, no reliable vehicles, poor handling of funding
Save yourself & stay far, far away from this one!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day at work: dealing with incompetent co-workers who made the job more difficult by putting everyone in unethical situations. Lots of backstabbing by secretarial staff and management. What did you learn: learned how to keep job intact despite admin assistant's attempt to railroad it at every step. Management: 100% oblivious to the reality of the day to day operations of off site locations. Workplace culture: toxic to the bone. Hardest part of the job: going to work every day knowing that it was going to be just as miserable as the day before. The most enjoyable part of the job: finally being able to walk away from this horrible place.
Pros
Having insurance
Cons
Everything except insurance. If a 0 stars option was available it would have been chosen.
They are eager to help those in need.
Assiistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MASeptember 13, 2017
Many clients came to us with a variety of needs. By showing concern for these clients keeps them in good spirits when the assistance is possitive it creates hope for them.
Pros
Met many interesting people (as clients and coworkers)
Cons
My become stressful when we cannot meet the needs of the client.
It was a great place to be.
Secretary/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Handled all administrative duties for the staff, distributed the mail, help patients to sign in, answered all incoming phone calls, and maintained the files. Conducted customer service.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
vacation
Good start to position yourself for better opportunities in the future.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 4, 2017
I thought the manager was fair ,good job good people, the hours just didn't fit in with my schedule. It's a good job to position yourself for future advancements.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
Hours weren't really that flexible
Productive, fun, challenging, enjoyable, satisfying when clients succeeded.
Behavior Therapist II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2017
The community received individuals back who made socially acceptable choices and positive behaviors.
This work provided good challenges and called for various different therapies to reach the clients.
A typical day involved one or two group sessions with 5 to 10 clients. Some days were just for doing psych-assessments. There were times when some clients were seen individually. Workplace culture depended on where groups were, some were in prison lockup. Some were in government buildings, some in churches. The hardest part of the job was the traveling from place to place and the paperwork.
The enjoyable part was seeing different places, meeting different people and the best was seeing a client succeed.
Pros
Challenging, satisfaction from success of clients.
Cons
Interference from the contracting organization.
It is fast paced and stressful
Children's Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIAugust 15, 2017
The work there is a full 8 hours worth or more. There is travel. Co workers are supportive and kind. As a young person starting a career it is a great place for starting out and learning the ropes.
Pros
Private Catholic company
Cons
Overworked
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 2, 2017
This was a great place to start out your volunteer work. The people were all very friendly and it is also nice to know that you are making a difference.
Enjoyed providing care to youth and children
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 2, 2017
Contracted employee of Child Protective Services
Created detailed and individualized case plans and reports to meet individual family needs
Documented, prepared, and submitted organizational, stated, and court required documentation
Monitored foster homes, school activity, and medical needs for individual children
Acted as a liaison between all treatment team members, families, and caretakers
Screened and monitored individuals for services through in-person and phone interviews
Pros
Providing services to assist families and their children.
Cons
Excessive work load. Long hours.
A workplace that is ever changing
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2017
A good workplace if you want to gain experience in working with children. The Out of School Time Program is a inviting place that allows one to grow and help the needs of children.
Caregiver
Kinship Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2017
I can't express much about my experience with the company because i worked for them out of my home. I was a foster parent, I housed children in my home. I had very little interaction with the company or employees. I had one agent assigned to my home with the sole duty of keeping up with the welfare of the child.
Intern
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 3, 2017
I was an intern at CSS and it was a wonderful opportunity to learn case management skills. I also had a wonderful supervisor that taught me a lot about rules and regulations.
Great employees, Good programs
Case Manager/Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 1, 2017
I worked as a Case Manager for Veterans Families and as a Case Manager for adults utilizing the CSS emergency shelter. CSS runs many programs for the homeless and low-income population.
Pros
Diverse work environment, nice employees
Cons
Working off grants so job can be changed or eliminated depending on grant year to year.
working with kids
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 30, 2017
I would start the day with seeing how home life was and I also worked one on one with there family's and to see what I can do to make there life's better I would take the kids and have fun doing things with them.
Great place to work!
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Catholic Social Services. The people are sweet and are willing to help you when you do not know what to do. You are challenged but it is a good job.
exciting
Nursing assistant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrigada Heights, GUJune 11, 2017
Working in Catholic Social Services is very blessing feeling because I would assist the elderlies with the ADLs. And I would get to meet with their families and see how CSS can help with there needs that they cant afford.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 2, 2017
This is a great agency to work for. There are limited options for growth, however, which is why I am leaving. Current management has been really great and supportive.
Love /hate kind of job.
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 18, 2017
I loved the work and clients. That part was rewarding. The paperwork is archaic, far behind any other companies. The management is terrible. You are treated as if you are beneath them and never trusted.The pay is not great . Mistakes get made with taxes too.
Pros
the clients
Cons
pay, and being treated poorly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.