Catholic Social Services

Catholic Social Services Employer Reviews

Fulfilling work environment with a lot of demands
Pregnancy & Parenting Social Worker (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible with employees that have children.
Cons: not enough time to take lunch breaks.
I love the fact that you are constantly interacting with clients. It is never a dull moment. The staff get along great, we work to help each other, and empower each other. The hardest part about the job.
Assisting people with rebuilding.
Case Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 22, 2014
This agency was a great place to work. The people here work well with each other and with the public. They wanted to ensure everyone had proper repairs on their homes after Hurricane Katrina.
Productive and beneficial work envirnment
Caregiver (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: on my own time
So far I love this job! It allows me to have time for a full time day job as well as still have my personal time.
Catholic Social Services Ann Arbor
Group Facilitator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 31, 2014
Important and essential program to reduce the risk for batterers and the women in their lives. Cognitive based program based on accountability. Program also provides groups for inmates in jail.
non-profit world
Receptionist/enrollment counselor (Current Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 2, 2014
I where multiple hats I answer the phone greet clients, make appointments,follow-up,reschedules,make food apps, make food bags, give food out, enroll clients in medi-cal via online, enter data into excel, monthly reports, filling,faxing,mail sort, copies, keep job board up to date, greet walk-ins.
CREDIT CARDS
Case Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2014
I always enjoy my day at work.
I have learned a lot from my work.
Management are very great.
Co/work are friendly.
The hardest party is missing my co/worker there.
The most enjoyable part is helping others,
A very good place to Truely Make a difference
Assistant Case Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tamuning, GUMarch 3, 2014
Pros: truely felt when i was able to make some things better for someone who truely is in need.
Cons: very frustrating as well as heart-breaking at times.
Hard Work- but very much worth it.
Part of my growing pains.
Sometimes when I look back on it, I believe it should be a required course in school,that way,if at least they are able to be exposed at school, it would truely be very educational.
CATHOLIC SOCIAL SERVICES (CSS) is a NON-PROFIT Organization who has and still continues to provide assistance – more... to various people in need of assistance. – less
Fun place to with children
Case Aide (Former Employee), Peoria, AZFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: rewarded for good job
Cons: short breaks
Wen a child will cry for their parent
How to sweet talk to the child and calm him/her down.
Management was very helpfull.
Wen a child misbehave
Wen a child gets excited to see their parents
Managed yard sale and fair
Volunteer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
This was just a one time thing. On a Saturday morning, I worked outside helping set up tables at the yard sale, selling raffle tickets, playing games with the children. My favorite part of the job was spending time with all of the children.
n/a
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 24, 2014
it was good to help the homeless

Catholic social services
(Volunteer work) monitor (security)
6 months
Beans café
(Volunteer work) kitchen helper
6 months
Assist with cooking, prep-cooking, serving, dishwashing and clean-up
Respect for clients
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: lots of kindness, great pay, respect all around
Great respect for clients served. Great respect for staff on all levels.
Great JOB!!
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), New Bedford, MADecember 9, 2013
Pros: scheduling, healthcare and management
Cons: budget cut back.
A typical day at CP was that I provided care for patients, passing out medicine, and doing chores for them. I learned how to work under pressure. Management was great, always in contact. I didn't have co workers. The hardest part of the job was lifting the patients, and transporting patients because i was not provided a company vehicle but i had to – more... transport them in my personal car. Enjoyable part of my job was that the patients were happy to be in my care. – less
Continual change of scenery with the opportunity to help others.
Case Manager (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: travel and independence. making my own hours.
Cons: receiving work related phone calls during my personal time.
A typical day at work involved quite a bit of traveling. I was able to learn quite a bit of case management from my Director. The hardest part of the job was hearing about the abuse the my clients had been through. The most enjoyable part was putting a smile on their faces.
Supportive and productive environment. Very busy workplace, great coworkers.
ACA/Corrections Technician & Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent coworkers and supervisors
Cons: social services agency compensation
Generally my job was an 9-5 position; however, during inspection season it could be from 7/8am until 7/8pm. There was never a day that I wasn't very busy; however, I thrive in that type of environment. I very much enjoyed this job, my coworkers and my supervisor. I enjoyed working directly with correctional residents when necessary and felt a sense – more... of accomplishment and necessity as part of a team. – less
feel good helping people that are in needs
Housing Counseling & Basic Needs Advocate (Current Employee), Fall River MA & New Bedford MAAugust 30, 2013
Provide basic and emergency needs to families with pressing needs as of assistance on public benefits, rental assistance, utilities, furniture, etc.; participating in weekly supervision with Emergency Needs Supervisor.I learned on how to deal with all kind of problem tha people are facing on the daily living. All my co-workers are wonderful feel good – more... having them around me, is like working with family. The hardest part of my job is when you try to help and there is no solution to assist them. The most enjoyablle part of my job is when you find a solution to the problems they are facing and they give you a big smile with gratitud it make me feel wonderful – less
Not bad
Case Manager (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, flexible scheduling, independance
Cons: lack of benefits, unstable funding, nepotism, money-focused
Here you will get to help people, and work with many great people who also want to help others. They are very focused on money - paying bills for clients, providing financial counseling for clients, and not much else. The primary focus is money management, the expectation is that you will refer the client to another agency to deal with any other issues. – more... I was disappointed with how behind the times the agency is, the only thing they regularly use their computers for is email! There is some serious nepotism, but also a lot of trust of their employees. They run on grants, so no one's job is safe except the family members'. As long as you don't try to rock the boat its not a bad place to work and the staff is very friendly. – less
A good job
Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: my own office, lunch break
Cons: no cons
I like this job. It work great with my schedule for my son's school. I had my own office and I love the co-workers. Everybody was like a family here.
Very supportive colleagues to work with.
Supportive Services Financial Money Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 30, 2013
Pros: lots of paid days off, generous vacation and work 37.5, but paid for 40
Cons: like most non-profits.....low pay
It was the very best place I ever worked. If I hadn't had to relocate with my hubby, I would have stayed until I retired. Everyone there is focused on the mission of serving others. Genuinely nice caring folks to work with.
Educational experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 29, 2013
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: short breaks
Management was very supportive and helpful in training. Working for this company was a good experience.
Excellent Services Rendered
Thrift Store Manager's Assistant (Current Employee), Montgomery, AlabamaApril 25, 2013
Pros: quiet work environment, splendid lunch-ins, excellent volunteer of the year award ceremonies
Cons: they need a new sign!
An excellent social service provider.

A day at work typically consists of listening lightly to your favorite radio station while lightly endeavoring in projects guided by the senior staff.

Say hello to Olga White! Our service men and women do everything in their power to provide a level of comfort in their services unmatched by similar nearby providers.

Take – more... the time to review this company as well as get to know at your own pace the different characters around the office. – less

1 2 3