Cato Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive workplace, calm atmoshpere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCNovember 20, 2017
A typical day at work was busy as well as stressful but you stayed busy and there was always something to do, I learned how to be a salesman and how to get more personable with the customers. Management was the downside because they like to gossip to the employees and I feel like that is highly unprofessional and it caused a lot of unfair drama for most which resulted in loss of hours. Overall the atmosphere I enjoyed and meeting new people as well as helping make people feel and look beautiful. just be kind and energetic and keep personal things to yourself and don't get too comfortable with certain co-workers and all will be fine!
Pros
Discount on mercandise
Cons
no hours, unprofessinal management
good place nice people, horrible checks.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2017
an okay place to work but this particular location did not provide me with enough hours. it was only part time, and they hired on new employees for full time and management with out evenoffering me full time or management, and i have management experience! very easy job, nice customers, nice staff my only complaint with this company is lack of pay, lack of hours.
Unfair
Sells Associate (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXNovember 17, 2017
It's very unfair to its part time employees. Sometimes we are asked to work with out pay, it feels as if family emergency do not matter or that they are an inconvenience. There are no raises for part timer no matter how much work they put in.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Almost everything
store manager
Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 16, 2017
A great company to work for, I enjoy my team. I love stock day om Mondays, we get about 200 boxes. Its like Christmas, you don't know what your getting. The hard part is getting all of the shipment out in two days.
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALNovember 16, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work, low pay and unpredictable hours, not compensated well for overtime, relaxes environment though and good workers and training, I was in college and my hours were not flexible
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyable place to work with co-workers and customers
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 15, 2017
Some days are very slow which makes time pass slowly. Beginning of week is busy with new stock shipment. Friendly customers and co-workers. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No paid time off.
Fun place to work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
Love to work with customers and the associates. Would like to have more weekends to spent time with the family. Would like to have better associates discounts.
Pros
layaways
Cons
one weekend off a month
Responsibilities:
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INNovember 14, 2017
Create a stable environment, reach competitive sales goals, ensure excellent customer service, complete daily responsibilities in a timely manner, create flyers for sales and specials.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Hourly Pay, Associates do not receive PTO
My management was awsome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 14, 2017
The company its self sucked they wanted you to get 30,000 things dont in the span of a work day. It wasnt worth the money, and on top of all that you couldnt exceed hours. Bottom line they didnt pay you enough for what they wanted done. But all that aside i did work with a great team.
Very Fun and Relaxed work Place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LA 70072November 13, 2017
Good work environment, You can show case your talent in fashion. Very flexible work schedules, Small staff. What I enjoy most is seeing a customer leaving happy and satisfied.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
very short lunch breaks, stay open until 9:00pm
too much work for little pay
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cut Off, LANovember 9, 2017
I was there 4 years and I fine that they don't pay their employees enough to do the work they ask and I also fine they don't show gradattuide to the ones that has been there long.
Pros
shopping
Cons
not enough pay
retail experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXNovember 8, 2017
working with clothes is a lot tougher than stocking shelves with can goods. detail is very important from head to toe. color coordinating, organizing cash handling customer service.
Pros
fun but stressful
Cons
minimal hours and very low pay for part time associates and long overworked hours for management with very low compensation
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 8, 2017
The job market is so competitive in Asheville NC and Cato Corporation does not pay their employees within the average pay scale. The turnover rate makes working in a set enjoyable environment very difficult and strained. I as a manager I have to cover shifts from 9am- 9pm some days. Work weeks are very long and only one weekend off a month and through November to January no weekend's off are allowed for management. A very stressful place to work for only $35,000 annually.
Cato's
1ST ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newberry, SCNovember 6, 2017
Catos was a very fun and energetic place to work. Working at Catos I got to help women embrace themselves and feel good while shopping because we all know shopping for women's clothes can be a drag.
This job was stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 5, 2017
I did not like the work environment or management. I am well aware that i wasn't treated fairly because Georgia is an at will state allowing manager to abuse their position and treat co-workers poorly.
Fun workplace
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Clewiston, FLNovember 4, 2017
The most enjoyable time at the job was getting to play around with the clothes and getting to throw outfits together for the customers. I’ve learned patience and hard working skills.
N/a
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tillmans Corner, ALNovember 3, 2017
N/A I have nothing to say but that it would be a great opportunity for people who want to start their 1st job. It is a great starter position and they promote within the company.
Fun job as a starting career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNNovember 2, 2017
When hired, I really enjoyed my job. Great job for college or high school students looking to make extra cash. Great for retail and cash handling experience.
Pros
discounts and fashion forward styles
Cons
short breaks
would love to go back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 31, 2017
working for cato was a plus because i am a plus size lady an i just enjoyed helping others plus size ladies that was in need of assistance with building there self-esteem. and learning more about the quality quantity and pricing of cato plus size clothing.
Pros
pto time
Cons
break in the back room as well as lockers and restroom
Working for CATO
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIOctober 28, 2017
Cato is actually a great company to work for. The only downfall in this small clothing store is the pay. The managers don't get paid very well for all the things they do for the store and they aren't paid overtime. The employees welcome you with open arms at Cato and they are so sweet. While working there we never really had any dissatisfied customers, most people left out pretty happy with the deal they just got.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Pay