CATO FASHION

CATO FASHION Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMay 25, 2015
This job was a blast!!!! I loved every minute of the rush and the customer service that this store provides! I regret leaving this company and if they had an opening I would love to go back.
1ST Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Minden, LAApril 13, 2015
It is a busy work day and taught me how to deal with diversity and be social. Management taught me how to supervise and take control of certain situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and putting smile on the customers face.
Fun place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macomb, ILMarch 25, 2015
• Engaged customers and assist them in searching for their desired outfit while providing quality service
• Processed transactions in a timely and efficient manner while presenting the benefits of shopping with Cato Fashion
I absolutely loved working here!
❸ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morristown, TNFebruary 8, 2015
I was a back up manager for two different stores.
I really hated that I moved.
I loved the customers, they are always most important!
Great work environment
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Big Stone Gap, VAFebruary 4, 2015
I loved my job at this company. It is a wonderful company and with fair work schedules and competitive pay with great benefits.
Fun place to work However...
Assistant MGR (Former Employee), FoleyFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fun atomosphere
Cons: low wages.
The short time I worked there I felt it was a somewhat positive atmosphere. I enjoyed working with the customers and also love Cato. However my feeling that there was no room for error. Being new and training for assistant MGT I was taking in everything at once. I felt the Gm probably had too much stress on her from many points of view. Being new in the business I made a couple of paperwork mistakes and was smacked on the hand not just once! I am certain if I had turned and smacked her on the hand she would have been livid. It made me feel uncomfortable. I had asked the other girl that worked there as an assistant MGR if she had ever been smacked on the hand and she said NO. I knew she made mistakes so then I took it as possibly a racist as I am white. I liked the GM and also the DM. The pay wasn't good and it would have been hard for me to make a living on that income. Great job for a young person starting out just trying to make a little money. I left without notice and probably wouldn't have but knew that the new job needed me right away. I also had heard they didn't let the last girl work out her notice. Me being new I understood the same would apply to me! Bottom line it is an okay company just not for me.
Balanced and Refreshing workplace.
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I love my job and the employees are great. We work together as a team and we help each other when needed. we pride our customers and treat them all with respect and like a special shopper when in our store.
great Place to work , good benefits
Senior First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Fast paced environment, shipment ,markdowns, visuals. Great place to advance and develop management skills. too many hours, and salary only. Store Managers put more time into their work than with their families. this would be a great place to work long term if it balanced better with a family life.
Great work place
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Foley, ALDecember 2, 2014
Great work place. Great opportunity for advancement. Chances to increase pay rate. Meet people and assist in their clothing and accessories
Great place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaNovember 18, 2014
A typical day would be assisting customers and updating store visuals. I have learned from working here the importance of customer service and goal setting. It has taught me a lot about management and what it means to be a manager. The hardest part of the job is meeting sales goals on slow days and the most enjoyable is seeing the finished product once everything from shipment is displayed.
Easy work, very low pay rates.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Conyers GaOctober 19, 2014
Nice people, fun tasks, easy to advance in management. Pay rates are low all the way from the bottom to the top!
Paycheck to Paycheck
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), The Colony, TX & Hickory Creek, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the coworkers?? that's really it...
Cons: everything!
A typical day at work: The average retail job. Helping rude customers, always being prepared for a surprise audit or drop-by, always being stressed out....My co-workers were all great, but I cannot stress enough how this job IS NOT WORTH APPLYING FOR. The pay sucks. I started as a part-timer getting paid $7.25, got promoted to First Assistant (right under store manager) and got a pay raise of $2, bringing me to $9.25. I couldn't work a minute over 40 hours, or I'd hear it from the DM. After taxes and insurance, my bi-weekly checks (40 hours guys, remember) would be about $580. I was barely scraping by on just over $1100 a month....I was always miserable. The job was stressful, I never had enough money, I couldn't even work overtime. I transferred to a different location when I moved. The store manager had no idea what she was doing, there was a different DM who was horrible. When I finally put in my notice, I requested to use the last of my personal time. When I got my last paycheck, I found that my PL wasn't on there, and when I asked the store manager she said the DM wouldn't approve it...but nobody told me at all! It always seemed like I was always getting screwed over, and I was a model employee.

Don't waste your time even applying or trying to get a job with CATO. It is the worst of the worst of the WORST retail store. You will not get paid enough, the benefits are extremely expensive, and somehow, CATO attracts all the crazies - you will deal with customers who are rude, who are demanding, who will stay past closing on purpose, who steal, who try to do fake returns and who just try to make your work life miserable. PLease, don't work here. PLEASE!!
Awesome staff, and friendly faces
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clinton, IAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: discount on anything in the store.
A typical day at work was talking to everyone who came in, seeing if they needed help finding certain clothing or colors, and up- selling our item of the week. Another thing I'd take care of was cleaning up the store, and making sure no clothes were left in the dressing room. I'd also re- hang up the clothes, and do sensor checks as well as help with putting away our weekly inventory.
What I learned from Cato was how to do a sensor check, take them off when customers were purchasing clothes, and where to put them according to the article of clothing, and the type of fabric it was.
The management and co- workers were amazing. They were all so outstanding and so fun to be around, and they never failed to put a smile on anyone's face.
The hardest part of the job was climbing up on ladders to clean up high shelves, mostly because I don't do incredibly well with heights, but because of how you had to constantly climb up and down, and move things around to clean. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the look of ultimate satisfaction on our customers faces when I would help them find something they absolutely loved whether it was a complete outfit, or just earrings.
Environment is pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntingdon, TNAugust 28, 2014
Pros: expanding my knowledge and providing great customer service
Cons: no benefits
It would be an advantage if Cato offered the employees more benefits. I use to be full time but due to our store sales and budget, I was made part time and lost full time benefits. I'm in need of full time employment with benefits where I can utilize my skills obtained from my previous employment.
awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Athens, GAAugust 12, 2014
great company, awesome managers, always had a great work day
Great Place to work
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJuly 21, 2014
The girls i worked with were great, the customers were always respectful and nice. i loved the job.
Good Company
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2014
This is where I started my retail career. I gained a lot of experience here.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
wonderful place to work . professional environment . very hardd working co workers . A very understanding and organized management team .
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 5, 2014
Pros: energetic atmosphere
Cons: hours
I enjoyed going to work. I love clothes and organizing the walls to make the customers want to return.
temp job
Retail Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: got half off
Cons: only a temp job
did there invintory was fun . stocked shelves and checked tags .Temp job but i really enjoyed it .

1 2 3