Cato

Cato Employer Reviews

clothing,awesome handbags with reasonable prices
Second assistant manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, no health care provided
If you like to meet new people and love working at clothing store this job will be for you. The best part of this job for me was the shipment,always new clothing every Monday. Changing planograms was a change,but fun
nice to serve the public
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winchester, KYDecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoy working at Cato since it provides me an opportunity to sell items that I personally enjoy. It makes the merchandise easier to sell It enables me to meet new people and lets me suggest what might best suit their needs. The easiest part of the job is my interaction with my co workers with whom I have a wonderful rapport, That makes any job more fun. The manager at this time is very professional and sticks to corporate rules which actually makes everyone else's job easier. The hardest part of the job is when business is slow. Faster environment makes the day go a lot faster.
I believe in customers first and that I can always go a little farther to make that customer happy
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Statesboro, GADecember 22, 2014
Pros: working for a good company, i love my staff and all my customers.
Cons: very long hours
At this time I dress and maintain all displays. I lead a positive team in customer first service, Women come to us to put outfits together for them on a daily base. I make schedules and over see floor coverage. I have learned to be better at delegating task in the store. I have tried to set examples in the work place for the young people I hire. I get to do displays and help customer. I enjoy people and challenges
I love Cato I love to communicate with the customers
2nd assistant manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSNovember 25, 2014
Pros: lunches
I love my job try to do my best at everything I do. I also love helping customers fine what they like
Productive work enivroment and fun fast paced customer service based
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Indian Trail, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
I love dealing with my loyal customers and creating great customer service based relationship with them. I learned to satisfy their needs for clothing, styles, fashions, and trends. i manage the store and staff giving daily tasks and goals to accomplish. We all work well as a team and enjoy doing it. We have outgoing personalities and it makes the whole experience of retail fun to be in. The hardest part of my job is being unable to wear comfortable shoes, while standing for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the day is putting a smile on my customers and employees face and even making them laugh.
Okay job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beckley, WVNovember 5, 2014
The people I worked with were amazing but the job itself was sometimes ridiculous. You weren't able to have any sort of imagination when it came to floor sets or dressing mannequins. If you had questions, you were talked down to as if you were completely idiotic most of the time. They expected alot for a little pay, to say the least. But it did have it's good days. Most of the customers were kind and understood when you'd have your bad days and would even ask if they could do anything for you. My co-workers were hard workers and always did their best, but had little hours to work with so they never stayed very long.
I enjoyed my job, but there was no opportunity to move up.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newcastle, OKNovember 2, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and some that became my friends.
Cons: telling people they needed a larger size.
I liked meeting new people.The hardest part of my job was convincing customers that they might need a bigger size when it came to them having us help pick out clothes for them. The management was good and my co-workers for the most part was easy to get along with. I really needed to be making more money and decided to take a job at Petsmart since animals are my passion,
A very laid back environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNOctober 14, 2014
Pros: stress free environment, very pleasant
Cons: did not offer alot of hours
A typical day would consist of quality customer service and achieving sales goals. My coworkers were very pleasant to work with and worked together to create a pleasant atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was when business was very slow. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to please customers. Management communicated very well.
employee's
Asst Manager (Former Employee), Junction City, KSOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time with CATO, however brief. Everyone worked together and was a fun enviroment
Good Company.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 1, 2014
Good Company to work for. Very nice people to work with. Great management.
VERY CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGAGMENT
Store Manager (Current Employee), HOUSTONSeptember 24, 2014
LEAD AND MOTIVATE ASSOCIATES TO CREATE POSITIVE ENVIROMENT WORKPLACE.
Productive & wonderful work environment.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saraland, ALAugust 15, 2014
Pros: part time shifts
Cons: healthcare
Management was great and they were easy to work with. The job was VERY EASY!!!!!!!!!!!
Very busy fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Junction City, KSAugust 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount on store merchandise
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work entailed a lot of organizing merchandise, and cleaning the store; I learned a lot about customer service and was able to take those skills and sharpen them with a different company. The hardest part of the job was breaking down shipment, there was a lot of freight, and not much room in the storage space/ office area. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers mix and match clothing items; At the time that I was working for this company, the management was very handson and helpful. They made training and learning easy and fun at the same time.
Productive sales, co-workers & customers equally enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harlan, KYJuly 27, 2014
Pros: employees helped each other often concerning personal issues.
Cons: lunch was too short and not enough time to really go anywhere, rush, rush rush!
I enjoyed the job and the people. The atmosphere was comfortable. The hours could be overwhelming.
Great Company
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2014
Typical day included greeting customers and holding clothing.
Long hours, little pay, but had a fun time working there while I did.
Fast paced and easy going place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), KernersvilleJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work requires opening and closing of the store. Keeping tills in line monetarily. Management is mostly understanding and if you work hard it is easy to move up if positions come available. The hardest part of the job is the balance of work to outside of work life; sometimes the store must take priority over your home life. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customers and helping them with all their needs, also merchandising!
Great work work place
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greenwood, MSJuly 18, 2014
We work well with each other. Everyone is team player. we have good days and bad days during the week. We always have a plan to change the bad days into a successful week.
Great work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), murfreesboro, tnJuly 14, 2014
Loved working with fashion so i loved the environment. great team to work for.
Working on new task and assignments
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: interaction with customers, training new associates, teaching and learning new things
Cons: no breaks, long days, sometimes no off days
A typical day of work consists of assisting and helping customers, doing wall assignments and meeting deadlines or specific goals. I learn everyday something new and try to advance to be better. I manage to maintain a calm and smooth store and making sure everything runs smoothly. My co-workers are free-spirited and always have a positive attitude. The hardest part of my job is preventing customers from stealing when you busy on projects. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people and meeting new people everyday and making sure they experience is the best experience ever.
Productive and great day with customers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 1, 2014
I greeted the customers as the came in to shop with us. I learned that you have to watch some people as they come into the store and try to steal. My managers were the sweetest ladies a girl could have. My co-workers were sweet also.The hardest part of my job were when we were on a certain deadline to get it done but we got it done. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers and mangers

1 2 3 4 5

About Cato

The Cato Corporation caters to fashion-minded Southerners on a budget. The retailer operates¬†about 1,300 apparel stores in 30 – Read more