Catseye Pest Control

Catseye Pest Control United States Employee Reviews

Vibrant and Dynamic Culture; Always Opportunities to Learn
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Castleton, NYFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: the awesome culture and the numerous opportunities gain new skills
Cons: can be hectic and overwhelming
Within a week of the Harlem Shake Meme exploding on the internet, Catseye filmed our own version in the office using beach balls, pool noodles, children's bicycles, and one awesome shark hat. This was the day after our FebruANY-themed potluck where people could bring anything they wanted without having to sign-up. We had deviled eggs, creamy spinach dip, pizza bites and a chocolate cake to die for, to name just a few of the dishes.

There is no such thing as a "typical day at Catseye". Every day brings new projects, challenges and meeting new people. I have learned how to analyze various reports including budgets, lead targets and sources, dollar per lead and more. I have learned how to strategically get our brand involved in the local community. This is probably my favorite part of my job because we focus on helping children and families, and it's something I really feel good about. I have also learned how to do media audits, write good blog posts, plan company events and more. Really, the possibilities to learn here are endless!

Management basically has an open-door policy. They are always available to listen and help solve any problems. Management cares deeply about each employee in this company.

My co-workers are like an extended family. This is a small company and we have a lot of fun together. Potluck and celebrating birthdays are a couple of ways that we all enjoy time together.

Sometimes work can be hectic and stressful. When I get a lot of projects it can be difficult to prioritize and make sure everything gets done on time.
Great Work Environment filled with Characters
Director of Photography (Current Employee), Castleton, NYFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: open door policy, management, communication, media, potluck
Cons: healthcare, location
I work in the media department so it's difficult to say there's a 'typical' day, and I think everyone here can attest to that. Whether you're a pest tech, crew member, customer service rep, manager or part of the media department, there's always things going on that require creativity, know-how, and team work.

Through my experiences, interacting with one another and offering support has resulted in a positive, friendly work environment. Management's 'open door' policies are invaluable - really no topic is off the table. Communication is key and a respected part of the culture here.

It's hard to say what the hardest part of the job is. Everyone here is an important and valued part of the machine that is Catseye. Especially when it comes to company events - and I mean the delicious potluck luncheons that are often held. So, perhaps maintaining a steady pant-size should be considered 'the most difficult part of the job'.

At the end of the day, that over-all culture here is really the best part of the job - it keeps me coming back, day in and day out.

Shameless plug, the weekly videos produced really get everyone going and makes for an enjoyable production - everyone looks forward to them!
Very fast paced, ever-exciting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Castleton, NYSeptember 25, 2012
Catseye is a very dynamic workplace. When working in pest control, there are no small problems. Every phone call that comes in and every customer who contacts us has a problem that is unique and requires special attention to remediate. While we have alot of fun in this office, we also work very hard for each and every customer. It is quite satisfying to know that you have played a role in helping someone live their life without the intrusion of nuisiance pests.
Over the time I have worked for Catseye, I have gained a wealth of knowledge about the logistics, management, implementation and biology of pest control and I find it to be fascinating. There is not a day that goes by in this work environment without something new being learned.
Each day is a little different. Some are frenetic, some are more laid back, but each day presents its own challenges and we always work through them together as a team. Really, that's one of the best reasons to work for Catseye, the team mentality. There is always someone else there to help and, in turn, our customers reap the benefits.
Catseye is a great place to work for people who are self-motivated, eager to learn and have a strong desire to help others.
Fun and energetic workplace. Family oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Castleton-on-Hudson, NYSeptember 20, 2012
A typical day at Catseye Pest Control is fast-paced and energetic. The office environment is very much like being with an extended family where everyone cares for each other.

When starting here, I was new to the pest control industry. Through the time I have worked at Catseye Pest Control, I have learned more than I thought I would ever learn about the industry, and continue to learn everyday.

The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with our customers and helping them feel comfortable in their home. Another great aspect of the job is being involved in the community and community events.
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Vice President (Current Employee), Castleton, New YorkSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: culture, people, benefits, open door policy, pot luck lunches
The company has an infectious culture that you can feel the moment you walk through the front doors. Very excited about coming to work here each day, from my co-workers to the scope of work. Fast paced environment that takes time to appreciate the employees and the customers. Truly the most amazing company in the region. Hands down, the best company that I've ever worked for.

About Catseye Pest Control

Catseye Pest Control is a family-owned business servicing residential and commercial institutions. Catseye has been protecting – Read more

Catseye Pest Control Photos

Caddie and Albany Mayor, Jerry Jennings.
Caddie shaking hands with a fan at a Reno Aces game.