Catskill Regional Medical Center

Catskill Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

LPN (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYMay 11, 2016
I learned a lot about Infectious disease and how it effects the clients especially for HIV and Hep C clients. Travel Medicine was also interesting to learn about. We had a great office of people, we were like family.
Pros
Great office of people and interesting work
Cons
no room for advancement
Employees are great
employee (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYSeptember 21, 2015
my fellow employees are highly dedicated, compassionate and hardworking Middle management does not appreciate them or support them they are constantly in meetings and not on the floor The CEO is dynamic and trying to improve the culture and atmosphere.
Pros
supportive team members
Cons
middle management
Uncomfortable environment/ Immature
Clinical (Current Employee) –  CatskillSeptember 9, 2015
Everyone working here is very negative. Patients are trashy and difficult to be around daily. Run!!! Orientation is all a lie. They believe work should cone before everything in your life. Supervisors tell everyone else your business even when it's something that should be kept confidential.
Very productive enviorment good team players.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYAugust 27, 2015
A typical day was 8 hour shift, but tried to work double shifs.I learned the different computer programs in which I learned that the more information I could enter while interviewing the patients, I would be helping everyone. From co/workers to nurses, Doctors, Utilizacion departmet. This would make every ones work easier.My co workers where at times a little difficult with me, this I attribute to my age...all the girls and guys where much younger. The most enjoyable part of my job was,That I was able to translate before the hospital received the phone system. Hispanics are very expressive, and many times they where senior men and woman that where lonely and liked to be able to speak to someone.
Pros
I loved the area and the hospital policies and employees
Cons
I needed to resign in order to care for my mama.
Comfortable work environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harris Bushville Road Harris New York 12742April 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed my employment at Catskill Regional Medical Center and would love to return there for employment. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The patients were always grateful for the things you did to help them feel better.
Well supervised and fun to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYFebruary 9, 2015
A good place to work. working in detox and mental health was the best part. Running small groups will patients, Keeping them active, and monitoring their progress techniques.
Deffinettely a place you will learn.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYNovember 7, 2014
I think the best part of this job was all the different studies I performed never a dull moment.
Pros
I had good colleagues to work with.
Cons
Not much to do in the area.
Enjoyment of position
Cancer Services Program Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYOctober 27, 2014
Public appearances advertising services; contact many local physicians and nurse practitioners to provide services to clients; case management for clients who require follow-up or diagnostic testing; assist clients make appointments, arrange for transportation to and from doctor visits; make appropriate referrals to health and human service agencies
it was a learning experience
CNA Student (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYApril 30, 2014
even though I was only a student doing my clinicals I enjoyed helping the staff out that was working there and getting to know proper proceedures. it was a pleasant time and very educational.
Confortable place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monticello, NYApril 18, 2014
I interviewed new mothers and filed birth certificates.I answerd questions and provided information.
Pros
Meeting a lot of new people
Cons
Part time
Harris NY (IT Department)
Contractor (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 22, 2014
Totally out of control with money and the people who run it. There is 1 guy there trying to run it all by himself and he is a good person personally but has no clue about computers or how to fix or train the users that are depending on them. been working there (Contracted TG) for some months. The director of technology there in Harris is as clueless about technology as the 1 guy she depends on. Its such a sad scene when you see someone trying so hard to please and fix things that they have no idea about. Harris NY needs a complete reorg in their IT Area and get rid of the dead weight. Overall nurses and staff are friendly though not knowledgeable about the technology so it fits perfect for this technician to Shine. Do not apply here if you really want to fix pc's they are not looking for someone with knowledge they prefer you to be as clueless as them
Pros
nice people
Cons
Technology and the ones in the background
Soothing environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYJanuary 27, 2014
ADL's on seniors along with meals and activities. Along with senior care there was a lot of documentation throughout the day.
Pros
Hands on job with feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Patients passing away
Enjoyed working with certain co-workers, enjoyed the patinets.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Callicoon, NYAugust 12, 2013
Working at CRMC Grover Herman Division was a very pleasant place to work. It was very family oriented. We tried very hard to work as a team taking into consideration every ones level of expertise into account. I learned to work independently as well as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was my patients. The hardest was always hitting a brick wall when dealing with management.
Pleasant environment
Human Resource Assistant to Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYMarch 9, 2013
Very busy, heavy work load in all positions.
Tolerance, forgiveness, compassion and patience.
Out of all positions held, one manager was able to provide me with the training necessary for me to excel as data coordinator.
Very few managers gave credit when due or stood up for their employees.
Excellent peers, all kind and friendly.
Work overload.
Helping people.
Pros
good health benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
administration and direct management
A Learning Experience
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYNovember 8, 2012
It has been a year of learning, would stay if there was opportunity for advancement or the ability to move within the organization.
what it is like working for Catskill Regional Medical Center
Mental Health Tech/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYOctober 20, 2012
I enjoyed working for this company because they have shown me that patients are their main concern. I had a wonderful experience working for them I have learned the basics of direct patient care and how to deal with work dilemmas in a professional manner.
the hardest part of working in Mental health is restraining patients it is just a hurtful situation even though it needs to be done. the nurses I have worked under are definitely very professional and they have taught me so much about healthcare. The best part of the job is knowing that my patients are taking care of.
Pros
improvement of services to improve the quality of care
Cons
staff not complying with the rules
Hospital
EKG/EEG Technician (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYJuly 10, 2012
I enjoy my job working as an EKG/EEG Tech. Being in a hospital setting has taught me so much more to my experience. I wish to continue my learning experiences in the medical field
Great place to gain experience and knowledge.
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Harris , NYJuly 1, 2012
Great place to work.

Gained valuable knowledge in cat scan.
Credentialing Specialist
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYJune 23, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I learn something new every day. This is my first experience in the healthcare field and the last five years have given me a difference perspective on how a hospital is run like a business as well as a service industry. I enjoy the challenges of coming to work every day in a professional atmosphere.
Pros
healthcare benefits and relationships with practitioners.
Cons
communication between departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catskill Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Catskill Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location