Catskill Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

It is an ok place to work. The company treat the staff fair
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYOctober 25, 2017
A good place to work. The night staff work very well together. The doctors are also enjoyable for the most part.the patient get plenty of attention from staff
Pros
The management works with staff
Cons
Sometime not enough time for lunch
Okay Place to work...
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYOctober 21, 2017
The hospital is okay, theres room for improvement. As a Dietary Aide the food and nutrition department lacks in common communication skills. Managers do not know how to supervise at all. Too busy making friend rather than being stern about things. Management wonders why the department is always so short staffed its because of management and workers withinin the department! Its very rare to find team work in the place. Everyone is out for themselves. When you first start everyone will be kind and sweet, but once you stick around for a while you will see peoples true colors and they’re not good! Nurses are rude and act like you do not even exist when trying to talk to them. I guess working food service means you are worthless and have no feelings. To each their own...
Pros
Overtime because of short staffing, benefits
Cons
Management, coworkers, patients
Very busy hospital at times
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYOctober 18, 2017
Benefits are good through union
Very busy hospital in summer time due to population of sullivan county triples then
Able to apply numerous rn skills to patients
Country hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Been working here for almost 15 yrs and met wonderful people and made me advanced my careeer. From being a nursing asst to staff nurse and being a nursing supervisor.
It gives me a perspective on how to manage time and employees.
Hospital
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYAugust 29, 2017
Demanding job at times, you may encounter stressful situations at anytime. It was rewarding helping those in need who would come in the hospital. Overall it was a nice place to work.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
O/T at a moments notice.
Different strokes for different folks
Manager (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYAugust 26, 2017
There are many positions and different management, everyone has it different. I personally don't care for my schedule or benefits. Difficult to get answers.
Pros
paychecks
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, NY 12734July 3, 2017
Catskill taught me a lot of things from working there, wish they would change to 12 hour shifts for nursing assistants treat staff with much respect..
Rewarding place to work, stressful at times due to staffing management
Full Time Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYApril 25, 2017
Rewarding place to work, stressful at times due to staffing management.
learn a lot about patient care, still kind of runs like an er should.
tries to utilize primary care and urgent centeres instead of just checking into er everyday and wasting ins money and tax dollars
Pros
long lunches
Dietary Managment is terrible
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Most of the coworkers were polite but the management for the dietary workers were terrible. Nurses and doctors don't really recognize lower jobs. high food prices.
benefits
Cons
managment
A learning experience all the time
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harris NYJanuary 25, 2017
as a nurse it was a learning experience all the time. always a challenge job, learning new procedures all the time. the most enjoyable part of the job was seen how the rehab residents leave the unit healthly
Good Management Company with many opportunities
DIRECTOR OF FOOD AND NUTRITION - MORRISON MGMT (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYJanuary 4, 2017
Great with Resources and easily to utilize - many great people working in the company and have many contacts both professionally and personal.
excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Great place to work. Looking for better job advancement. Small community hospital serving the entire county. facility sees trauma, respiratory, and cardiac codes, CVA certified center.
The hospital that could be great
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYJune 24, 2016
The concept of this hospital works well and the need for the hospital in the community that it provides is great, but having more Chiefs than Indians running it is not a good idea especially when they have many meetings and do seem to talk more then taking the necessary action to run the place effectively and efficiently. It seemed that what is acceptable for one is not acceptable for all and what is good one day is not the same the next. The training for their employees are almost null and void and if and when there was training it was scattered and not well organized. The best part of the job though were the patients and knowing we were there for them within the community.
Pros
Patients, benefits and compensation
Cons
Management, lack of communication
LPN (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYMay 11, 2016
I learned a lot about Infectious disease and how it effects the clients especially for HIV and Hep C clients. Travel Medicine was also interesting to learn about. We had a great office of people, we were like family.
Pros
Great office of people and interesting work
Cons
no room for advancement
Employees are great
employee (Current Employee) –  Harris, NYSeptember 21, 2015
my fellow employees are highly dedicated, compassionate and hardworking Middle management does not appreciate them or support them they are constantly in meetings and not on the floor The CEO is dynamic and trying to improve the culture and atmosphere.
Pros
supportive team members
Cons
middle management
Uncomfortable environment/ Immature
Clinical (Current Employee) –  CatskillSeptember 9, 2015
Everyone working here is very negative. Patients are trashy and difficult to be around daily. Run!!! Orientation is all a lie. They believe work should cone before everything in your life. Supervisors tell everyone else your business even when it's something that should be kept confidential.
Very productive enviorment good team players.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYAugust 27, 2015
A typical day was 8 hour shift, but tried to work double shifs.I learned the different computer programs in which I learned that the more information I could enter while interviewing the patients, I would be helping everyone. From co/workers to nurses, Doctors, Utilizacion departmet. This would make every ones work easier.My co workers where at times a little difficult with me, this I attribute to my age...all the girls and guys where much younger. The most enjoyable part of my job was,That I was able to translate before the hospital received the phone system. Hispanics are very expressive, and many times they where senior men and woman that where lonely and liked to be able to speak to someone.
Pros
I loved the area and the hospital policies and employees
Cons
I needed to resign in order to care for my mama.
Comfortable work environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harris Bushville Road Harris New York 12742April 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed my employment at Catskill Regional Medical Center and would love to return there for employment. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. The patients were always grateful for the things you did to help them feel better.
Well supervised and fun to work for
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYFebruary 9, 2015
A good place to work. working in detox and mental health was the best part. Running small groups will patients, Keeping them active, and monitoring their progress techniques.
Deffinettely a place you will learn.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harris, NYNovember 7, 2014
I think the best part of this job was all the different studies I performed never a dull moment.
Pros
I had good colleagues to work with.
Cons
Not much to do in the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catskill Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Catskill Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location