Cavalry Portfolio Services Employee Reviews in United States

Cavalry makes the job fun.
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2015
Helped customers find a solution to their debt problems by giving them payment options to pay off their debt. I learned that there are many payment options that debt collectors can give customers to help pay off their debt no matter what financial situation the customer is in. Management was there to help whenever we had a question. Co workers were helpful also whenever a question arose or a customer wanted to speak with someone else. Hardest part of the job was asking customers for money and cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the customer tell me how thankful they are that I helped them find a way to pay this off. And also how they thought up different activities we can do outside of work together as a company.
Pros
free parking downtown, lots of places to eat
Cons
cant open any windows
Compassion and empathy
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
Here is where I learned that bill is a person, that has issues and problems just like you and I. If treated them like a person and gave them the self respect they deserved, that person was more inclined to pay me first than any other creditor. Compassion pays.
Company was once great
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2015
this company started out great to work for but has diminished greatly and has gone down hill. They have laid off a lot of people and and continue ways to cut corners to save money instead of take care of their employees. several employees are looking elsewhere. Management say they care but they dont show it. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping the customers . ... the CEO Laid off several people so that he could buy another multi million dollar house.
Pros
there isnt any
Cons
health insurance continues to go up
fun place to work at
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
good company to work for, they care about their employees. they give you 250 if you come to work on time which is good. it's an individual bonus. managers are hands on when it comes to helping you get a bonus,
Pros
free lunch and they care about their employee
Cons
pay
debt collection company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 13, 2015
management is good. it was a good place to work leraned alot about collections. the company also has an in house legal department which is very good.
Everything a Job Shouldn't Be
Legal (Former Employee) –  ValhallaNovember 11, 2012
This was by far the most abusive, uncaring and disorganized work environment I was ever a part of. No department in the company is immune. Management spends more time scapegoating than managing. Employees are universally treated like they are underperforming and interchangeable so that they can justify the long hours and reduced pay and benefits. But dont take my word for it, just look at their astronomical staff turnover.
Productive, people oriented
Legal Support Administrator-Collections (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 17, 2015
Fun workplace,Productive, Plenty of work to do. To work in a fast pace company as Cavalry Portfolio Services. You have to do a things to do list every day. I found this job to be very easy to do. This was my first job when I returned to n.y. Before then I was in management for the phone company working in Ga.
Pros
Always celebrated birthdays
Cons
I think employees should be hired according to their experience.
Productive place to work that would challenge you
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkFebruary 3, 2015
I liked to be challenged to the top of my abilities. I liked the leadership and the encouragement of the surroundings. The management worked with you on your performance.
Pros
great benefits
Good company to work for.
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2013
Will say for cavalry the company does care for its employees as well as the customers. They have excellent training programs, their is room for advancement. I will say that the management their do care for their employees. The hardest part of the job is staying in compliance when calling on accounts..The legal stuff is constantly changing all the time... The enjoyable part of this is helping people...It makes you feel good about yourself when you help the customers see that their is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Pros
the cavalry cash, the thanksgiving dinner
Cons
keeping current with compliance
love the people
Customer Service and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2015
I sometimes worked on a dialer, customer service, collections or they called them resolution specialist. I was always on time and never late. Always follow the rules
Pros
have health dental and eye insurance and life
Cons
not being able to get people on the phone
productive place with ping pong table
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2015
cleam building good workers good hours and insurance and overall good rating not much respect for managers that constantly drove the teams very hard
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
micro managers
Not a stable environment.
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2015
If you don't collect to there expectations, you will be on a warning and fired. It don't matter how good of a collector you are anymore, it's just luck.
Pros
bonuses when you do collect alot of money
Cons
insurance is high
Working with wonderful people.
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 19, 2014
I love the culture of the company. The people are wonderful. The management is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is making contact with customers to settle their debt that Cavalry owns. The most enjoyable part is making the deals.
On a daily basis would skip trace and call customers to work out arrangments.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Everyday there was a different que to work. I would skip trace where the customer lived and their phone numbers. I would then call the customer to try and work out payment plans. The company liked coworkers to help each other, with finding customers. So It was a team based job. It was difficult sometimes working with different point of views from different coworkers. In the end I learned how to work with peoples personalities.
Pros
they had a lot of incentives to keep everyone motivated
Cons
there was some favoritism towards certain employees.
I love my job
Resolution Specialist: (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2013
My typical work day includes educating customers on the benefits of paying their bills, i love my co works as well as management, i enjoy the typical everyday morality of company
Pros
flexabilty, freedom without dictation
Cons
benefits are expensive
Many good employees that are over looked
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2013
Stress is extremely high at Cavalry, salary is low for the quality of people they need for their job. Also, you never know when your schedule will change and if it will fit your lifestyle. There is also a strong racial tension there. White employees are punished for many things that black employees aren't (e.g. tardiness, language). Health Insurance is very expensive, even with the wellness program, which is very invasive.
Pros
great location, some good employees
Cons
racism, health care expensive, schedules constantly changing
Fun and Productive
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2013
This job requires a lot of patience. This job can be fun if you make it, but is easy to fall into depression. If you are the type to let negativity roll off your shoulders than this is a great place for you. I just wish this company was fair in its practices, where you made money due to skill and knowledge, not because of luck or being a pet. I was a re-hire for this company and sad to say that I regret coming back. This is my stepping stone and can not wait to get my career started for me and my family.
Pros
you have the potential to make good money.....if you bonus
Cons
unfair practices
People friendly environment
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 4, 2014
Typical day at work entails making roughly 200 outbound calls, while still receive incoming calls. I work in a very people friendly environment, with easy to deal with managers. The hardest part of the job is simply just not being able to fulfill every client's needs. The best part of the job however is knowing that I make a client happy by helping them however I can. Simply by working with them to help pay off their debts.
Pros
ping pong table, room for growth within the company (different department)
Cons
no job security
Poor management and job security
Certified Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Cavalry Portfolio services has a high turn over rate, because it lacks the knowledge of how to communicate with its employees and does not see the importance of encouraging employee morale. They are dishonest with their bonus program and change it at their own leisure when they see fit, without ensuring that the employees understand the bonus structure.
Pros
the employees are encouraging
Cons
the poor selection of those in management
Productive place, and fun on breaks and lunch with a ping pong table
Customer Resolutionist Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2012
I worked at Cavalry Portfolio Services for almost 6 years. Overall a great company with a great work atmosphere. I learned to negotiate with people to help them get what they wanted and also to what the company wanted, which was their debt to be resolved for the fairest price in the most reasonable amount of time due to both customer and company's needs. I learned to be a team player and help other team mates excel in their talk off, as well as skip trace helps. The hardest part of the job would be up to me, how to handle a negative outcome and not carry it on to my next call. You can only help those who want to be helped and those who are willing to make the effort. The best part of the job was when a customer was completely satisfied with how I dealt with their delinquent accounts in a professional and courteous manner, and not in a condescending or negative manner. And when we closed their account with Payments that they could afford or if needed, a settlement. Management was always there to lend a 2nd voice if needed, to help close the call.
Pros
free end of the month lunches and holiday luncheons.
Cons
a lot of hang ups and rejection