Cavalry Portfolio Services Employee Reviews

Great positive place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2018
I received great support and outstanding positive mentoring. Cavalry Portfolio Services is just an amazing wonderful great work place. Forever grateful for the opportunity to work here!
Not a Start up company but they still act like they are
Legal Executive Assistant to General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJanuary 10, 2018
This company is so disorganized. It is almost like they are figuring it out as they go. The turn over for positions is crazy here. You have a few in for life but the rest leave the first chance they get. Management is inexperienced and show little to NO guidance to employees. The atmosphere is childish. It feels like your back in High school and this includes upper management. HR staff could be more professional. I think they want to be everyone's friend and that is a problem sometimes.

I stopped working at Cavalry years ago, I do hope something changed.
Pros
Laid back - you don't have to know what you are doing to get paid at this job
Cons
culture and atmosphere is questionable.
Terrible
Assist legal and bankruptcy departments (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYNovember 30, 2017
This company is completely based off of favoratism. The company is not pro employee or betterment of associates but keeps employees from growing with no advancement. No rasises are given and the moral of employees is terrible its more of a social enviornment like a high school with bullying then an actual job. Managers do not assist rather punish associates and the moral is low as customers are very verbally abusive to the employees.
Pros
8-5 Monday through Friday hours
Cons
Everything Else
Typical Day
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 29, 2017
Communicating with customers on a daily basis regarding the past due debtsowed and making arrangements in order to assist them with the resolution of the debts.
Sorter part time
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2017
I work at there from 2012-2015.My position was a sorter part times. Things where great until the mandatory health care laws came into effect. Panic set in and the company began to cut hours it only got worst from there. This company use to be great at keeping moral high for it's employees by throwing family events having give always all types of little incentarives which they slowly did away with. During my final 3 months there I watch them fire people left and right managers supervisors. employees no one was safe. That was than however
stressful
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The place is big and far . No benefits . The people working there are rude or to involved in each other lives . Management isn't helpful. Its stressful. The clients you call are rude and sometimes threatening .
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
No free food, punch in and out for lunch
attentive and precise
Manager- Timothy Angst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2017
This was a very upbeat and cheerful job. There was a consistent flow of new people and, new systems, new material and the holidays and special occasions were fun. Always a nice variety
If your a serious collections professional, it's a good place to be
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2017
If your a serious collections professional, Cavalry is a decent place to be. If your not, you won't last very long. They adhere to FDCPA to a degree sometimes that it seems they are making up new laws to follow.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
stressful, lots of drama
And Todays Winning Collector is Glenda.......Not
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2016
There are many approaches one can take in trying to collect debt. Some people use the strong arm approach and it works for them. Others like myself have compassion on the people. That was my approach and in the end it was not such a successful approach. I enjoyed learned how the debt collecting business works. The company was laid back and casual yet at the same time serious about collecting dollars at the end of the day.
Pros
free coffee
Compassion and empathy
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
Here is where I learned that bill is a person, that has issues and problems just like you and I. If treated them like a person and gave them the self respect they deserved, that person was more inclined to pay me first than any other creditor. Compassion pays.
fun place to work at
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2016
good company to work for, they care about their employees. they give you 250 if you come to work on time which is good. it's an individual bonus. managers are hands on when it comes to helping you get a bonus,
Pros
free lunch and they care about their employee
Cons
pay
Productive place to work at
RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 16, 2015
Productive place to work at
great place to gain excellent customer service skills
Excellent benefits package
Wish there were more braches like such
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Short breaks
debt collection company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 13, 2015
management is good. it was a good place to work leraned alot about collections. the company also has an in house legal department which is very good.
Company was once great
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2015
this company started out great to work for but has diminished greatly and has gone down hill. They have laid off a lot of people and and continue ways to cut corners to save money instead of take care of their employees. several employees are looking elsewhere. Management say they care but they dont show it. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping the customers . ... the CEO Laid off several people so that he could buy another multi million dollar house.
Pros
there isnt any
Cons
health insurance continues to go up
love the people
Customer Service and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2015
I sometimes worked on a dialer, customer service, collections or they called them resolution specialist. I was always on time and never late. Always follow the rules
Pros
have health dental and eye insurance and life
Cons
not being able to get people on the phone
Cavalry makes the job fun.
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2015
Helped customers find a solution to their debt problems by giving them payment options to pay off their debt. I learned that there are many payment options that debt collectors can give customers to help pay off their debt no matter what financial situation the customer is in. Management was there to help whenever we had a question. Co workers were helpful also whenever a question arose or a customer wanted to speak with someone else. Hardest part of the job was asking customers for money and cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the customer tell me how thankful they are that I helped them find a way to pay this off. And also how they thought up different activities we can do outside of work together as a company.
Pros
free parking downtown, lots of places to eat
Cons
cant open any windows
productive place with ping pong table
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2015
cleam building good workers good hours and insurance and overall good rating not much respect for managers that constantly drove the teams very hard
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
micro managers
Productive, people oriented
Legal Support Administrator-Collections (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 17, 2015
Fun workplace,Productive, Plenty of work to do. To work in a fast pace company as Cavalry Portfolio Services. You have to do a things to do list every day. I found this job to be very easy to do. This was my first job when I returned to n.y. Before then I was in management for the phone company working in Ga.
Pros
Always celebrated birthdays
Cons
I think employees should be hired according to their experience.
On a daily basis would skip trace and call customers to work out arrangments.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Everyday there was a different que to work. I would skip trace where the customer lived and their phone numbers. I would then call the customer to try and work out payment plans. The company liked coworkers to help each other, with finding customers. So It was a team based job. It was difficult sometimes working with different point of views from different coworkers. In the end I learned how to work with peoples personalities.
Pros
they had a lot of incentives to keep everyone motivated
Cons
There was some favoritism towards certain employees.
Not a stable environment.
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2015
If you don't collect to there expectations, you will be on a warning and fired. It don't matter how good of a collector you are anymore, it's just luck.
Pros
Bonuses when you do collect alot of money
Cons
Insurance is high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cavalry Portfolio Services. Our community is ready to answer.