Cavalry Portfolio Services Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at
RESOLUTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 16, 2015
Productive place to work at
great place to gain excellent customer service skills
Excellent benefits package
Wish there were more braches like such
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Short breaks
debt collection company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYOctober 13, 2015
management is good. it was a good place to work leraned alot about collections. the company also has an in house legal department which is very good.
Company was once great
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2015
this company started out great to work for but has diminished greatly and has gone down hill. They have laid off a lot of people and and continue ways to cut corners to save money instead of take care of their employees. several employees are looking elsewhere. Management say they care but they dont show it. The most enjoyable part of this job is helping the customers . ... the CEO Laid off several people so that he could buy another multi million dollar house.
Pros
there isnt any
Cons
health insurance continues to go up
love the people
Customer Service and Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2015
I sometimes worked on a dialer, customer service, collections or they called them resolution specialist. I was always on time and never late. Always follow the rules
Pros
have health dental and eye insurance and life
Cons
not being able to get people on the phone
Cavalry makes the job fun.
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2015
Helped customers find a solution to their debt problems by giving them payment options to pay off their debt. I learned that there are many payment options that debt collectors can give customers to help pay off their debt no matter what financial situation the customer is in. Management was there to help whenever we had a question. Co workers were helpful also whenever a question arose or a customer wanted to speak with someone else. Hardest part of the job was asking customers for money and cold calling. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the customer tell me how thankful they are that I helped them find a way to pay this off. And also how they thought up different activities we can do outside of work together as a company.
Pros
free parking downtown, lots of places to eat
Cons
cant open any windows
productive place with ping pong table
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 7, 2015
cleam building good workers good hours and insurance and overall good rating not much respect for managers that constantly drove the teams very hard
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
micro managers
Productive, people oriented
Legal Support Administrator-Collections (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYApril 17, 2015
Fun workplace,Productive, Plenty of work to do. To work in a fast pace company as Cavalry Portfolio Services. You have to do a things to do list every day. I found this job to be very easy to do. This was my first job when I returned to n.y. Before then I was in management for the phone company working in Ga.
Pros
Always celebrated birthdays
Cons
I think employees should be hired according to their experience.
On a daily basis would skip trace and call customers to work out arrangments.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Everyday there was a different que to work. I would skip trace where the customer lived and their phone numbers. I would then call the customer to try and work out payment plans. The company liked coworkers to help each other, with finding customers. So It was a team based job. It was difficult sometimes working with different point of views from different coworkers. In the end I learned how to work with peoples personalities.
Pros
they had a lot of incentives to keep everyone motivated
Cons
there was some favoritism towards certain employees.
Not a stable environment.
Collections agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 1, 2015
If you don't collect to there expectations, you will be on a warning and fired. It don't matter how good of a collector you are anymore, it's just luck.
Pros
bonuses when you do collect alot of money
Cons
insurance is high
Debt collection agency
Legal Clerk- Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYFebruary 17, 2015
Was hired to work in the independent lawyers office affiliated with Cavalry as a Cavalry employee. I was hired for my Spanish language skills to handle the debtors that were Spanish speaking. When I first got there I was put to sort, bundle and prepare thousands of legal notices for change of legal counsel for Cavalry. It took only me, 1 person to do it in one week and between the other 6 people in the office they barely got through a few hundred in twice as long. Once I finished that they started training me in how the legal department works in the Lawyers office. One of my first clients that I dealt with was a cellphone bill that was not paid and it was in collections and about to be sent to court for that persons bank account to be frozen or the account was frozen and the client called to see why. I spoke to them got the details of what was going on, reviewed the information in the system and also the acquired cellphone bills to the persons numbers on file and also others that were given for reference to reach them. As I reviewed this account I realized that none of the numbers given or on file were associated with this cellphone account. I took it to the Assistant VP of legal for final review and in 10 minutes or less I returned with a stop collections notice because it was Identity theft. My office Supervisor was the Assistant VP's fiancee and she got jealous that I could get a response within so little time and without him questioning me multiple times. Every time anyone else went to him they were questioned severely and asked to provide more proof, etc. I did not get  more... that at all. I had another client that had a very complicated issue and my supervisor got mad with him and also threatened him over the phone. When he finally called back and spoke to me he explained things to me because I showed compassion and also some kindness and respect to him. When the Assistant VP checked out this information he realized that they had no choice but to make a deal with him for a payment plan and they could not garnish his wages because another company had a garnishment already in place before us. My supervisor had to eat humble pie and she did not like that. After 3-4 weeks there which was longer than others lasted, she got me fired. They told me that I did not fit in and that it was not going to work. I was fired for the same reason I was hired and envy.  less

Want to know more about Cavalry Portfolio Services?

Ask a question
Productive place to work that would challenge you
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OkFebruary 3, 2015
I liked to be challenged to the top of my abilities. I liked the leadership and the encouragement of the surroundings. The management worked with you on your performance.
Pros
great benefits
Interesting work place.
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2015
I spend the day calling customers who owe debt. I skip trace to try and find them, and once I find them I call and attempt to collect money.
3rd party collections
3rd party Collector (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2015
3rd party collections
learned there systems
hardest part of job was collecting on account that were extremely old (auto loans) of products and services.
enjoyable part was a paycheck
Good first time job
Junior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Junior AuditorNovember 10, 2014
This is a good job for someone right out of college. A lot of younger people work there so it is a younger environment.
Not bad
Collector/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Collections, so not fun.
Worked with fun people, which made it a better environment.
Productive and fun environment
Resolution Specialist - 2nd Effort (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 21, 2014
Pros – They live and breathe their CORE VALUES in every aspect of the company. No matter what department you work in, or your position, there is a sense that they care.

Cons – Sometimes the support staff runs thin because they have full plates.

Advice to Senior Management – Continue to look for people who can buy into the core values
Working with wonderful people.
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 19, 2014
I love the culture of the company. The people are wonderful. The management is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is making contact with customers to settle their debt that Cavalry owns. The most enjoyable part is making the deals.
People friendly environment
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMarch 4, 2014
Typical day at work entails making roughly 200 outbound calls, while still receive incoming calls. I work in a very people friendly environment, with easy to deal with managers. The hardest part of the job is simply just not being able to fulfill every client's needs. The best part of the job however is knowing that I make a client happy by helping them however I can. Simply by working with them to help pay off their debts.
Pros
ping pong table, room for growth within the company (different department)
Cons
no job security
Many good employees that are over looked
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 18, 2013
Stress is extremely high at Cavalry, salary is low for the quality of people they need for their job. Also, you never know when your schedule will change and if it will fit your lifestyle. There is also a strong racial tension there. White employees are punished for many things that black employees aren't (e.g. tardiness, language). Health Insurance is very expensive, even with the wellness program, which is very invasive.
Pros
great location, some good employees
Cons
racism, health care expensive, schedules constantly changing
GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2013
WILL SAY FOR CAVALRY THE COMPANY DOES CARE FOR ITS EMPLOYEES AS WELL AS THE CUSTOMERS. THEY HAVE EXCELLENT TRAINING PROGRAMS, THEIR IS ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT. I WILL SAY THAT THE MANAGEMENT THEIR DO CARE FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS STAYING IN COMPLIANCE WHEN CALLING ON ACCOUNTS..THE LEGAL STUFF IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING ALL THE TIME... THE ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS IS HELPING PEOPLE...IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF WHEN YOU HELP THE CUSTOMERS SEE THAT THEIR IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
Pros
the cavalry cash, the thanksgiving dinner
Cons
keeping current with compliance