Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company
Greenhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAJuly 13, 2017
good place to work. staff is friendly. had an overall good time. my fellow workers were kind and caring. Amy is extremely nice and a kind person who cares about her employees. Nicola is nice as well.
Good
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAMarch 18, 2017
Awesome company
They treat people well
You ride around in goal karts and the environment is really awesome. I wouldnt mind going back to work for them!
Productive, great environment to work
Grower (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Every day is a different day, new challenges, new problems to solve. It is a place where you can learn and put in practice all your knowledge.
Managers are open to new ideas that let us be more productive.
The hardest part of the job is the time that the work require. You have to spend more than forty hours a week during the most part of the year.
The most enjoyable part is to see your job done in the best way possible. We grow plants and they look great thanks to our job.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
long time hours required during the week
Great opportunity for those who are career-driven
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MADecember 18, 2016
People at Cavicchio are knowledgeable, passionate, and dedicated. The company has so much history and it continues to expand every day, which presents both challenges and opportunities. There's never a dull moment.

Departments would benefit from properly trained staff in order to continue to account for all the growth. Managers need to be held by the hand less and need to be held accountable more.

The company has to invest in training their employees more in order for the company to become more cohesive. ESL courses, Management courses, Tuition reimbursement programs, etc.

Overall, Cavicchio has great leaders and mentors. Recognition is done when you put in the time and effort. It is a great company to work for. There is room for improvement, but that's the case for every company. I strongly recommend this company.
Pros
Equitable and advancement opportunities
Cons
work-life balance is heavily skewed towards work
Lots of talented, great people at Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.
HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAJanuary 9, 2016
Always looking for additional folks who have great knowledge of horticulture, selling, and servicing the customer. Wonderful co-workers and good environment.
Pros
Beautiful surroundings.
Cons
Hours can be challenging.
Oppressive
Office (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAOctober 20, 2015
The most oppressive, non productive company I have ever worked for. Perfect if you are a robot but if you have a sense of pride in your work and like to contribute to the company and make a difference don't work here. You will not be appreciated and will be treated poorly if you do not put your head down and follow along.
Cons
long hours, bad work environment, lacking benefits
Great workers, ignorant owner
Nursery (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAMarch 7, 2015
Co-workers were great people. Owner is very ignorant and didn't respect decisions made of middle management. Two supervisors would approve a decision and the owner would disapprove. Made it a very unstable workplace as you never knew who you were actually reporting to.
Pros
Good pay, great workers
Cons
Micro managing owner
Terrible place to work
n/a (Former Employee) –  hudsonMarch 2, 2015
Most of the people are great to work with. Long hours, ZERO advancement, the owner treats most of the employees badly. Very low pay.
Pros
most of the staff are great
Cons
no money, no advancement, treated poorly by owner
Great Experience
Office Administrator, Nursery Division (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAMay 25, 2014
I learned quite a bit working for Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc. For many years I had the privileged to work with a great group of co-workers. Many knowledgeable people crossed my path there and I learned as much as I could from each of them. I was able to build some wonderful friendships.
Pros
Some very good people work at Cavicchios
Cons
Long days in the seasonal business.
Fun place to work.
Support (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, MAJuly 11, 2013
Everyone that works here is great. Family like atmostphere.

Want to know more about Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.?

Ask a question
Fun Workplace
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAFebruary 3, 2013
Very busy during peak seasons but company makes every effort to pay fairly and be equitable to all employees. Great staff, casual working environment. Completely approachable owner/CEO of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7