We are seeking a Marketing Manager to provide marketing support services to our portfolio investments. Caymus Capital is actively investing in social media, nano-technology and real estate services. We are looking to build centralized support marketing services for our portfolio investments, and are seeking a marketing leader to lead the development of this internal agency service. This role will manage day to day brand management, PR & IR communications, campaign development and social marketing activities across a number of different companies and market categories. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing marketing and communication programs that effectively build brand awareness, and encourage product adoption. This role requires the ability to quickly understand different products and services across multiple categories, and to provide both strategic support and tactical execution. Candidates with agency experience and or multiple brand management experiences are encouraged to apply. This is a new department and the candidate must be comfortable wearing many hats and working directly with multiple different business leaders in a supportive and collaborative way. Role will require travel throughout the Bay Area and Europe as required.
- Manage multiple different brand platform strategies
- Manage PR/IR to increase thought awareness and thought leadership among the media and analysts. Will require management of press releases, articles, interviews, speaking sessions, etc.
- Manage multiple different marketing campaigns using direct marketing, and social media campaigns
- Support sales departments with campaign strategy and collateral
- Work with Web Site development to ensure social media are present on stand alone web sites and kept up to date
- Conduct social media audits to track the effectiveness of the social plans, including monitoring and measuring the impact of social media programs to analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Design and write copy for marketing campaigns such
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to create educational assets to increase thought leadership and the promotion
- Work with customers to create case studies, videos, and articles that can be used across the various marketing disciplines, including communications, product marketing, channel marketing, and demand generation
- Assist with the design and production of creative for different media including websites, social channels and online advertisement
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of brand management
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Experience with online media buying process and creating a media buying strategy
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, marketing, sales, community management experience
- Creative, enthusiastic and performs well under pressure
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in fast pace environment
- Solid grammar skills and ability to write and edit various types of documents
- Ability to create basic graphics and videos with Adobe and Apple products, and understanding to project manage 3rd party developers to create complicated assets
- Experience working with executive staff
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Ability to create documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- 4 year degree with 5-7 years of work experience
Skills and specifications:
- Ability to think creatively and design marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with the clients and the management of the company.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Professional use of social media accounts.
- Ability to keep up to date with the developments in the internet technology and utilizing them in the social media marketing.
- Should be tech-savvy and well versed with computer applications.
Education and qualifications:
- A degree in marketing or communications or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing and social networking is essential.
Salary is commensurate with experience, up to $60,000 per year plus bonus and benefits.
About Caymus Capital. Caymus Capital has been making equity investments in promising technology, advanced material, real estate, banking and social media companies since 2000. We have been involved in the placement of over $400M of capital over the past 12 years in early stage private companies. Our winning formula is based on the belief that by utilizing the extensive and successful track record of our partners as active executives in each company, we are able to rapidly move companies thru the early stage risks that hamper many startups.
Indeed - 21 months ago