Cayuga Centers

Cayuga Centers Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn, NYMay 21, 2015
The Agency is strongly rooted in their competencies and dedication to those served. Staff are hard working and change the lives of all individuals they serve.
A good place to work. Interesting people to share the experience.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
One of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. The people I have met have been some of the most interesting I have had the chance to work with in a long time. You learn something new every day.
Low wages, employees are expendible.
Clerical (Former Employee), Auburn, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: sounded good initially.
Cons: trusting what they tell you, low pay while they make high profits from temp employees knowledge and talent.
Do whatever job someone else doesn't want to do.

Learned to not trust anything management said.

Management was so nice before the actual hire. Complete turn around once they placed employees.

Co-workers are always afraid of being terminated

Feeling any minute could be your last with no explanation or warning.

Deciding not to work for this agency.
terribly managed
supervisor (Former Employee), nycFebruary 7, 2015
Cons: terrible work environment
This agency has a terrible work culture, it supports a very dysfunctional work environment. Management does not support their staff, and will throw many under the bus, to save money, to create culture of instability, and at the whim of a power hungry big boss, who appears to enjoy utilizing his power over employees.
This place is run by heartless and brainless management. Also don't apply here if you want a place to retire. They are money hungry and don't invest.
community based services (Former Employee), East sideJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: some co-workers who eventually left or were let go
Cons: management
They opened a clinic in Rochester....lost it due to poor management. Laid off and fired a lot of great people. They lay off anyone really save money. The management team is fake. They are rude to people behind their backs and let people off after they have given COA raises for a few years until they are not profiting off enough money off of them and then let them go. They are horrible. Don't work there if your looking for a place to retire.
Successful, Passionate Not-for-Profit Company Which Promotes Work/Life Balance and Truely Cares About What They Do!
Human Resources (Current Employee), Auburn, NYOctober 3, 2013
Pros: work/life balance, benefits, management, hour paid lunch, among many others...
Cons: i have not experienced anything negative in my time at cayuga centers.
If you are looking for a place to work that actually cares about their employees, as well as their consumers which they serve, then Cayuga Centers is where you want to work!

Cayuga Centers embraces a work/life balance, offering a great set of time off benefits, including vacation time, sick time, personal time, and 10 holidays. Employees are able to work in an environment that enables them to grow and change to become as successful as they can be in their jobs, with weekly supervisions and monthly all staff meetings to keep everyone in the loop and on the same page. Managers are easily approachable and support departments are amazing at what they do. Those who are not in the Residential Treatment Programs get an hour paid lunch, as well. Direct care staff are able to witness a rewarding transition from our consumers that can be truly heart warming!

Cayuga Centers prides itself on all of its employees' work to reflect its competencies, unifying the organization. Many fundraising events are held and employees from multiple different locations (Auburn, Monroe, Bronx, Syracuse, Oneida, Ontario, Oswego, and Seneca) are always eager to be involved! It is such a welcoming atmosphere!

If this review sounds like the environment in which you think you could excel in, please send your resume to Cayuga Centers! That is what I did and it has proved to be the most beneficial and wonderful decision that I have ever made!
Fast paced foster care agency
Office Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2013
Pros: benefits, flexible
Cons: rough group of youth to service
A fast paced foster care agency providing home for teenagers.
Worth working here, if you don't have anything better going on...
Group Care Worker (Former Employee), Auburn, NYJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: average wages, union workplace, time off for full-time workers
Cons: crummy schedule, wait for time off/benefits, unreliable benefit plan, high turnover
CHC does a lot of entry-level hiring and is a great place to get your feet wet; however, CHC has a notoriously high turnover rate, including a reputation for firing employees without a reason or explanation. Also, there is a very long wait for benefit plans, which get more expensive yet cover less every year. A lot of passionate people work here, and change the lives of these families... if only upper management were as invested in its employees...
Residential Treatment Center
Residential Recovery Therapist (Current Employee), Auburn, NYJuly 21, 2012
Pros: paid lunch, decent benefits, great place to start your social work career, diverse client population
Cons: supervision, reactive coworkers, non-consistency, upper management are friends with employees
Complete connections notes, meet with residents, phone calls to parents, county contact, staff meetings, treatment team meetings, residential coordination meetings.
Consumer Centered with Family Values in Mind
Executive Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn, NYMay 30, 2012
There is no typical day in my position and it constantly changed as time went on. I learned how to adapt to "wear many hats" in a single day. Some days I was a personal assistant, others I was an office manager or even consultant for another office. I learned a lot while managing a team of three individuals where I learned to hire and terminate employees. The hardest part of my job was learning how to manage effectively since it was my first time as a manager.

Cayuga Centers Salaries