CB&I Employee Reviews

good money. lay off rate high
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 20, 2017
a typical work day would be no different than any other work place the difference would be when times are slow they do not protect their most valued people and they give you no notice of lay off.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
lay off at any time
Not a Positive Environment Anymore
Cost Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Used to be great but has changed over the last few years. I do not have a sense of job security and there is little room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
Fun place to work.
Carpenter/Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2017
Worked here for years. Had fun. Safe place to work always put saftey first. Never got hurt after working with them for so many years. I thank them for that.
productive
Light Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 19, 2017
My review about this company is that they are very very unorganized. A typical day was a hurry to sit and wait kind of day.
I learned to drive equipment.
The hardest part was the heat and the uncertainty of the job schedule
Pros
Option to move up quickly
Cons
short breaks, short notices when we have to work, no life outside of work
Needs More Diversity
ERP Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2017
The work culture was lacking. The people were pretty much all from the exact same place and weren't used to anyone outside of that bubble. The HR seriously needs to introduce some diversity and culture sensitivity training, I'm pretty sure I heard sexist, homophobic and racial remarks thrown casually around the office daily and nobody batted an eye.
I did not feel comfortable there at all. I always felt I was going to lose my job because I wasn't one of the good ole boys.
Way too many over paid, under worked employees who dodge work and pass the buck.
Pros
Nice office by the lake
Cons
The Woodlands, No Diversity, Poor communication from management, cut throat
Foreman/Pipefitter/Welder Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 18, 2017
Pre fabrication location with the ability to advance. Generally a laid back environment. NO margin for error as with any pipefitting profession. Generally a great place to work for and learn.
Pros
Large Shop
Cons
Employee Favoritism
The jobs that I work with CB& I on was pretty good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2017
My last job with CB&I was at Tomekco in Gesimsr, La. It was a pretty good shut down but it didn't last long. The work experience was pretty good and some of the people were nice. Just wish that I can work for them more often
Great Pay
Scaffold Builder- Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2017
I have learned a lot of things with this company. Treat employees great. I worked in Hackberry, La. Pays pier diem. Team Work I highly recommend applying for a job with them
Great Place to work
COMBO PIPE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 14, 2017
Overall it was a great place to work. However it did have some cons which were the main reason that I left. The pros were the money was great and the work atmosphere. The cons were the management aspect of it. Anytime the crew I worked on started to get on a job we were pulled off to pick up trash in and around the module.
Pros
money, and the lunch room
Cons
management
Safety oriented job site
Planning Manager, Shipping & Paint Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCJune 14, 2017
Good place to work management respects employees site is in change of culture at this time interacted with several employees with different job skills and inspectors for customer companies.
wouldn't recommend..
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
It'll do if needed, but wouldn't suggest it if it can be avoided. You can get some good teammates, but the lack of work ethic and the laziness of employees and managers is a big downer.
Good and balanced
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 13, 2017
Was a balanced place to work. Very safe work environment that looks after its employees. Just got tired of working the night shift. The yard could have been a little better organized. And sometimes was hard finding material just to complete the job task.
It takes all kinds.
Area Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 13, 2017
A diverse work group of people from around the world coming together to build and maintain large petroleum and chemical factories and refineries. It's hard work at times, but most are ready to take it on. Safety is number one.
OK company to work for, Excellent Sick Leave benefits - Like unlimited
Civil Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
A good company to work for like any company has a decent amount of attrition. Has Fridays half days which is not very good.
Has one of the best benefits from Sick Days point of view - there is on limit to the number days you can be gone.
Pros
Unlimited Sick Leave
Cons
Working Fridays ahe 4 hours
Productive place
Billing Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 12, 2017
This place was a pretty decent place to work. I do feel that they didn't pay their employees what they deserve to be paid considering it is such a huge company.
Very biig company
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2017
very big company that has a lot of processes and bureaucracy that makes the work be slow and not enjoyable. In the long run (5+ years can be fulfilling when a plant is finished.
Nice
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 7, 2017
Good company to work for. I didn't work for them very long before the contract was bought out but they were nice and helped you help yourself. Can't ask for more then that.
productive project for cameron LNG project
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 5, 2017
typical day at work was running to the tool room for what ever tools you needed for a specific job, unless you already had everything you needed. Always had a welder with you and a helper, and we grind, and fit up supports for the welders to weld out. I learned how to operate all different kinds of heavy equipment and went through multiple training classes. The hardest part on the job was to have patience and the most enjoyable part was working as a team, meeting new people from different states, and learning under a mentor, hands on and getting thrown onto a big project.
Pros
great team work, transportation
Cons
Weather conditions, flooding a lot
N/a
Iron Worker Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 3, 2017
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, BUT MANY HORRIBLE JOB SITES AND upper management doesn't actually knows whats going on in the field to be able to fix the problem.
Lots of projects
Painter/Blaster (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJune 3, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of different projects to choose from. Whether you choose to travel or stay local they can accommodate. Pay is competitive with other companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.