CB&I

CB&I Employer Reviews

Horrible culture
QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: high wages
Cons: horrible culture
The company fosters a culture where people can fabricate stories and as long as two peoples fabricated stories jive, it is now facts. Management doesn't listen to your side of the story. Horrible turnover rate with employees, that's why there is ALWAYS a hiring post on this site. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!
HARDWARE ASSET ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: flex schedule, had every other friday off.
Cons: company is moving corporate it to texas.
The co-workers were all very knowledgeable in what they did and they were not afraid to share there knowledge with you. It was a great learning experience over 22 plus years.
good work environment
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Walker, LAJune 23, 2014
Pros: pleasant place to work flexible schedule
Cons: no per diem for travellers front office and hr management horrible
good work environment, great people to be around in the field that you work in. front office and hr managers are horrible and do not know how to communicate with the people that are actually doing the work.
State of Art Operating Plant
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee), Glen Rose, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: we were provided an excellent facility for eating and a office area.
Cons: non to mention.
As a employee for CB&I we were provided first class tools and safety equipment. The hourly pay was excellent during my tenure there and was on the top of the scale. WE worked with knowledgeable and highly professional personnel at the Peak to say the least. Everyone seemed to know what their job requirements were. The hardest part of the job seemed – more... to be when everyone was waiting for their power but the problem lied on getting the equipment in the containment first and setting up. The best part of the job was knowing that everything was working correctly and safely. – less
love it
temp (Former Employee), bloomJune 17, 2014
so many times i wish i could go back as a perm employee. it was a short ride.
HARD WORKING/ DEDICATED / SELF MOTIVATED
General Foreman (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJune 12, 2014
Pros: online training / always learning something new
Cons: being held back from my full potential because of ones view on age and time employed at comp.
ASSURING PROPER PROCEDURE IN PLACE ARE BEING APPLIED TO ALL AREAS OF OPERATIONS/ ASSURING QUALITY WORK/ MATERIAL MANAGEMENT AND DISPLAYING DATA IN SPREADSHEETS, PREPARING DATA BOOKS, CONTROLLING MATERIAL USE ON PROJECTS, P.O.'S , COMPARING DELIVERY VS P.O. , PROVIDING MTO'S FOR ESTIMATES, CREATING ELECTRONIC PDF VERSIONS OF DATA BOOKS, REVIEWING SPECS/ – more... ISO'S , I LIKE ALL ASPECTS OF MY JOB BECAUSE EVERYDAY I LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT IT IN SOME WAY AND EVERY DAY I TRY TO BETTER MY WORK PERF. AND KNOWLEDGE AND I JUST REALLY ENJOY DOING THAT. I ALSO LIKE BRINGING IN NEW WORK LEADS FROM RELATIONSHIPS I HAVE WITH CLIENTS AND WORK I HEAR ABOUT THREW PEOPLE, I ENJOY BEING AN ASSET TO A COMP. AND GROWING WITHOUT BEING HELD BACK. – less
Nice environment
Drafter/Detailer (Current Employee), Walker, LouisianaJune 4, 2014
Generate spools from isos from vendors to meet they're satisfaction.
really good teamwork
Material Handler (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 4, 2014
Pros: alot of teamwork
Cons: bad management
good benefits
good teamwork
good environment
a lot of nice employees with good safety goals and job related safety goals.
positive work enviroment .
Process Engineer/Nuclear (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 4, 2014
Pros: continous training cbt and skill development
Cons: health care
the best company I worked for ,work Knowlege and envirorment and work culture Great!!
Corrective Action Program Manager (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 4, 2014
Worked with good, knowledgeable people. Management was constantly changing.
CB&I-LC It's a great company to work at.
Corrective Action Analysis (Current Employee), Lake Charles,LAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great company!
The co-worker and management is great to work with, I'm trying to re-locate back to mobile,AL my kids and grand kids of their. and I would like to get to know my grand-kids better!
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
pipe fitter helper (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAMay 5, 2014
GREAT MANAGEMENT, GOOD HELPFUL CO-WORKERS JUST A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Safety is First
General Foreman / Safety Rep. (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch when we work weekends
Cons: always short handed
Great place to work! Team work is great in the work area, everyone is helpful. Hardest part of the job is the heat, weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work for CB&I.
A good way to make a decent amount of money if you are single. If you have a family at home be very cautious because this job offers little home time
Fitter (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard work in extreme weather conditions and no home time.
CB&I is a very reputable company and I have enjoyed my time here. I love the money that I make but I love my family more and I am seeking employment closer to home so that I can spend more time with my wife and kids.
Productive work place
Welder (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work consist of welding under a foreman and supervisor. I learned many different ways to weld. The hardest part of this job was being away from my family and only being able to see them one day weekly. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to advance in welding.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the associates
Cons: lack of communication with management, no leadership, no managers with management capabilities.
Zero communication within management, No leadership, most managers just covering their own jobs. Very cliqish.
Enjoyed working with people.
Record & Information Management Technician (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJApril 7, 2014
Handled documents.
Learned "Documentum", filing, distributing docs.
Good
Enjoyable working with co-worker.
Great retirement home and employees, but Oxy managers think they're better than you.
BOILERMAKER (Former Employee), Pasadena TxApril 7, 2014
Pros: great co workers, all the free time in the world.
Cons: managers
Great place to be, but the manager was a joke. Had no idea how to run a simple operation.
Great steady Job
Labor Helper (Former Employee), Walker, LAApril 5, 2014
Pros: great tools to use and great people to work with
Everything was great about the job. The people was great. The only tough part about the job was stress about how I was going to move big pipes around.
HMGP- Hurricane work
Community Outreach Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: healthcare costs and coverage, drama, no ot and low pay, 2% raises if youre lucky
HR rep certainly not very helpful. Especially if u are a white male. Also hired someone as a Construction Lead for the project after he had been booted off 3 other projects. This after finding out he has a judgement against him in another parish for trying to bilk on an old woman out of 100k. Now hes in NY on a hurricane project up there. When the project – more... ends they set u out with the trash at the curb. Run! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more