CB&I Employee Reviews

This place has a grea job work/life balance
Sr. Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
this is not a highly stressful place to work for and it is a hand on training place. The leads are promoting learning environment and there were various training sessions. Co-workers are laid back and I have a group of good friends here.

The hardest part is when there are arising issues, you leads might not know the answer and you'll have to know where to ask the question and it is tough for new comers at the beginning but once you settled and knowing more people it will get easier.

The most enjoyable part of the job is forming good friendship with the people you work with even outside the work place.
Pros
free company wide snacks and/or meal from time to time
Cons
no jeans on friday
Office job that started fast and ended slow
Office Intern Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2017
My day at work would start with many workers coming in to fill out their job applications for work for CB&I job sites. Most of the workers would come in early in the morning and I would assist with the application process as well as document review. The workplace was very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was busy and the hardest part of the job was in the afternoon when work slowed down. CB&I has since been bought ou
Productive atmosphere of teamwork and creativity.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Great work atmosphere in office, inter office not so much. 2 different objectives, rules, quality standards and methods collided head on. Both offices good people, just different leadership. I thought I had found my dream job, but it just didn't work out. Grunt level leadership was some of the best. The team they assembled was the best of the best. I would work for CB&I again.
Pros
Talent level, benefits and pay.
Cons
Upper level management, impossible schedule.
Lots of walking, very muddy. Long bus ride to the job daily.
Piping Foreman (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Lousy job, cant get materials to location. Some materials are not even on location. However upper mgt still want production. You can't produce what you dont have. General foreman dont do their job. They stay in connex and dont get material requisitioned for us to erect and install. They wanted there own people in there that they knew from previous jobs and made it hard if you weren't in their clik.
Pros
Cons
Too many to count
CBI has a lot of work but constantly hires new people and immediately puts them in positions under a lot of pressure. They are constantly changing.
SR TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Job security was promised but the promise was not kept. This is a growing company and has gone outside the company for people from other companies to fill key staff positions with little internal guidance. This results in a lot of conflict of opinions and direction.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Top management tries to have too much control
Great opportunity
Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2017
A regular day would consist out of intern responsibilities such as contacting the team with updates on current projects, work on confidential documents, prepare training material and other duties around the office. This was a very stable job and I loved working there, very professional environment but very rewarding.
Pros
great pay, great people, stable hours
Proud history
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2017
CB&I has a proud history and many life long employees; however, current executive leadership seem to focus solely on stock price in decision making and not about the long term strategy and culture. Hence very reactive and lacks organizational focus.
Pros
Good salaries, great global locations
Cons
Poor executive leadership, strong culture of nepotism, no clear business strategy
Laborer work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LADecember 25, 2016
Working for cb&i as a laborer I busted concrete down to there desired heights, pumped water out of holes during rain or wet weather, Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the of structures and buildings. Would unload and load materials, tend machines, mix concrete, pour concrete, and assists carpenters and other construction site workers.
Pros
good money
Cons
Late checks, checks short on money, un organized
Productive in my area of training
Commissioning Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
Fun Place to work. Nice crew to work with in operations and training.There are two different divisions, construction and operations. Now the construction department has problems keeping up with schedules. But operations training has hit the target of being ontime. But the training we have done may be forgotten by the time construction gets through and plant startup.
Pros
We have free lunches
Cons
Smoke breaks are very limited.
Challenging, yet rewarding workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 8, 2017
A typical day including various tasks - really doing whatever an employee needed assistance with. I helped with the development of a cross-selling app by pulling information and photos that were going to be content on the app. I got the opportunity to compose an article for the company's quarterly magazine, as well as write an article for the company's website.
A professional place to work. No job security.
Lead Piping Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 22, 2016
Take challenge at work, enjoy making engineering solutions and completing task in due time.
Typical Day.-Project meeting at the beginning of the week leads to group task to be completed and holds to be removed to meet the schedule during the week.
Hardest Part-Branch offices to work synchronously.
Enjoyable Part-Client review approves the design with minimum Tags.
Sold nuclear business
Senior Welding Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 27, 2017
CBI sold the nuclear assets to Westinghouse and the last year on the job I was a WECTEC employee. Both organizations were not adequately organized to manage the vendor programs of nuclear module construction. This is borne out by the recent revelations with Toshiba .
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
They were not up to the challenge
CB&I dissapointment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2016
I expected great things from CB&I. I am a graduated Mechanical Engineer, capable of greater tasks, and I am printing pages.

Promised promotions that didn't come, I had to resort to threatening to leave.
Not a good taste in my mouth, although I am getting the promotion.

I hope CB&I is able to regain my and other peoples respect.
Pros
Reliable Pay
Cons
No Job Advancement, poor management
Rod Buster (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Great job great environment very good management and all coworks was also nice and able to get along with others. Days start early then straight to work two 15 minute breaks one hour break you also ride the transportation bus.from parking lot to job dite which when getting off its a little stuffy but this job in a whole is an awesome place to be employed.
A committed and forward thinking organization.
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Because of the variety of projects, there are opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills. The management is professional and are always sensitive to employee issues which maintains a high morale.
Pros
Consistancy in management guidelines that define any issue.
Cons
Occasional overlap between departments creates confusion.
Fun place to work at & most people that you come encounter with are great people.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brandywine, MDDecember 15, 2016
Starts with a safety meeting to be sure everybody has a safe day on the job. after the meeting assignments for the day are given & everybody gets the day started. Most work is conducted in an individual manner, but it is an team effort in making sure everybody remains safe throughout the day.
Learned many lessons to use in life.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 31, 2016
CB&I taught me that I was made of much more than I previously thought. While not every day was easy, and there were always problems to solve it taught me self confidence. It helped me develop communication skills with my coworkers. It taught me how to lead, and how to prioritize jobs to work as efficiently as possible.
The hours were long, the work sometimes tiring but I always had more than enough money to pay the bills.
Cb&I
Iron Worker ( journey man 3 ) Detail Crew (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAFebruary 5, 2017
They are a very unprofessional company. With management that makes lower employees take the blunt of their mess ups. Very poorly ran.how such a large company could make so many mistakes and remain profitable is beyond me. CB&I is one of those companies where you are just another number.
Able to work on large and small projects.
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2017
Was supportive in allowing training for project required licensing and knowledge.
It was enjoyable to encounter many different types of clients and design projects.
Pros
Wide variety of project types and clients.
Cons
Foreign owned company based in the Netherlands.
Compensation and Insurance good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 26, 2017
Little accountability with managment. No real reward for you if you are not socially connected with department management. Those that are connected can Facebook all day long and not really work.
Pros
Pay and plenty of overtime
Cons
No real recognition for hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.