CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

good company to work for
Industrial heavy duty mechanic/rigger Full time (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 18, 2016
very good pay and great company, decent people, rode bus to work as company dictates, located all over the world, worked as a heavy duty mechanic here,
Productive place to work and great upside
Unknown (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 10, 2016
The company is a good company with a lot of work available but the good ole boy mentality is deterring any serious changes from occurring.
Working for CB&I Inside Flint Hills
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 9, 2016
While working for CB&I I learned quiet of few skills towards monitoring for fugitive emissions on process equipment while inside Flint Hills
Pros
Refinery Experience
Cons
Health care.
overall good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXAugust 9, 2016
was there for two years, steady work, good safety culture, good opportunity to remain with company after job completion, bonus at end of job
They make lay pipe like no on else.
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARAugust 8, 2016
I found it a very safe place to work with excellent pay and benefits. Good people and leadership. The best company that I ever worked for. I would love to work for them again and again
Productive and competivite work enviroment
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is hot yet very rewarding at the end of the week. One would learn about them self and their respected craft, everything flows great. The hardest part of my job is facing the heat the most enjoyable part of my job is after completing a big task; a person gains a since of a job well done.
Pros
Great people, financially rewarding.
Cons
The Heat
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJAugust 4, 2016
Chicago Bridge and Iron is a good place to work and expand your career as a professional. I worked there as a Staff Accountant.
Very personal companuy
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 30, 2016
Scheduling interview flights, ordering office supplies, expense reports, etc. I learned about how a natural resources company is operated, The management was very helpful and willing to train. The hardest part of the job was the down time. The most was when i was able to do the expense reports and bring in the new employees.
Pros
Hours were excellent
Cons
Not always busy
Repacker (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day of work was fun, everyday you learn something new from elderly and young individuals. Most importantly working as a teams helped the work group make the day go by faster.
Pros
The Workers
Cons
The Management
very productive place to work , room for advacements
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Markham, TXJuly 22, 2016
was able to work with people that was willing to teach the trade, stayed busy daily , co-workers were very helpful as team work, foreman was very helpful and professional .the hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat in the summer time
good work environment
Oiler (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 21, 2016
Great work environment which allowed importunity to advance. Safety was a priority with each job being handled and workers had the option to stop work if they felt it was unsafe.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Limited communications, made the best of a difficult situation
Civil Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 20, 2016
Typical day consisted of directing craft folks to repair emergent power plant issues for client and supporting unexpected unit outages as required along with staffing manpower for week to week project work. Co-workers supported each other to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know the craft personnel while working on the Navajo Reservation.
Pros
company truck provided due to no per diem
Cons
company truck removed still no per diem
Good Company
Project Estimator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 7, 2016
Good benefits. Large, hard to advance. Hard division to gauge, new part of the company, still trying to change culture of former company.
Productive place to work at
CIVIL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2016
At works, my engineer co workers love to interact and exchange ideas. Very nice setting to grow professionally.
Productive place to work in
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2016
I have learned a lot with CB&I. The management is amazing and have a personal contact with the employees.
Not worth it
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 28, 2016
save your time and find something some place else. At least for this job its not a typical job. There are cliques and your chances of advancement are slim to none.
Pros
checks never bounce
Cons
lack of advancement
Ok workplace, management could be better
Sr. HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 27, 2016
Handling problems daily within the plant as well as an additional plant that I was responsible for. Sometimes did not have upper management buy in on what needed to be done.
Lack of leadership
Emergency Response Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 25, 2016
typical work day involves incident investigations and emergency situations. the location of the job has provided a difficult time for transportation of employees making for poor moral in the crafts
Good company bad worksite
Construction Worker (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 24, 2016
Management is in shambles. This is construction so the management of the worksite i'm currently at should not reflect on the company as a whole. CB&I has worksites all across the globe.
Rentec/PCI is a unsafe jobsite
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 24, 2016
I worked at this site for 3 yrs as a combo welder and never wielded one piece of pipe. Put my health and life on the line every day just for them to can me for no good reason. I recommend this site to any one with a weak mind and a strong back. Cause that is all that is required.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.