CB&I Employee Reviews

Great Company
SENIOR CIVIL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Good management and a good work culture. The company has a great on the job training. They highly value employee safety and always has great communication within the company.
Ambitious
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
The company is expanding rapidly and needs good people to manage quick changes on a day to day basis. Overall good opportunities and good compensation.
Pros
Easy to move around within the organization
Cons
Stressful environment due to rapid growth
no comment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 27, 2017
While I was with the company for a little over a year and a half, I found the company to be very open to promotion from within and very safety concious.
terrible place to work with no upper management backing
Construction Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2017
CB&I Power division was managed by totally incompetent managers. The mindset was to always change out managers that were in difficult situations rather than back the managers and see that they had everything they needed to do their job.
Company totally unloyal to employees
Principal Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2017
The upper managers are incompetent. CB&I ruined the careers of many professional people by closing our office in Baton Rouge and outsourcing our work.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
A lot of work left to be done.
Rigger/Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 25, 2017
Lots of employees onsite who have no clue what is going on. I fell they hired just anyone just to meet a man quota. It is a good job at times though. Lot of work to be done and you could learn alot if you are willing to.
Ok job I would recommend if you need to work.
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 24, 2017
It was an ok job the site in Hackberry was disorganized. It seemed like there were different rules everyday. Safety was an issue as a lot of employees had near misses. A few incidents where there were injuries. The management seemed to be a problem. If you are not a foreman you have to ride a bus to the site this can take 2 extra hours and you aren't compensated. There is constant talk of lay offs. Advancement in the company is very possible and there are many opportunities to relocate. The benefits they offer are great. The health insurance is average but the savings plan is great. When I was there e worked 10 hour days and sometimes 7 days a week. You are always off on holidays. There are times Wynn you work 12 hours a day. There are numerous safety meetings. The pay is great if you can get per diem buy only if you live 60 miles away from the site. You are judged by your work performance every 90 days.
Pipe
Pipefitter Helper (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 22, 2017
Learned a lot . Safety is key . They provide a great team of people. Need to get bottle water instead of coolers.......................................
good money. lay off rate high
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 20, 2017
a typical work day would be no different than any other work place the difference would be when times are slow they do not protect their most valued people and they give you no notice of lay off.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
lay off at any time
Not a Positive Environment Anymore
Cost Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
Used to be great but has changed over the last few years. I do not have a sense of job security and there is little room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate.
Fun place to work.
Carpenter/Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2017
Worked here for years. Had fun. Safe place to work always put saftey first. Never got hurt after working with them for so many years. I thank them for that.
productive
Light Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 19, 2017
My review about this company is that they are very very unorganized. A typical day was a hurry to sit and wait kind of day.
I learned to drive equipment.
The hardest part was the heat and the uncertainty of the job schedule
Pros
Option to move up quickly
Cons
short breaks, short notices when we have to work, no life outside of work
Needs More Diversity
ERP Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2017
The work culture was lacking. The people were pretty much all from the exact same place and weren't used to anyone outside of that bubble. The HR seriously needs to introduce some diversity and culture sensitivity training, I'm pretty sure I heard sexist, homophobic and racial remarks thrown casually around the office daily and nobody batted an eye.
I did not feel comfortable there at all. I always felt I was going to lose my job because I wasn't one of the good ole boys.
Way too many over paid, under worked employees who dodge work and pass the buck.
Pros
Nice office by the lake
Cons
The Woodlands, No Diversity, Poor communication from management, cut throat
Foreman/Pipefitter/Welder Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 18, 2017
Pre fabrication location with the ability to advance. Generally a laid back environment. NO margin for error as with any pipefitting profession. Generally a great place to work for and learn.
Pros
Large Shop
Cons
Employee Favoritism
The jobs that I work with CB& I on was pretty good
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2017
My last job with CB&I was at Tomekco in Gesimsr, La. It was a pretty good shut down but it didn't last long. The work experience was pretty good and some of the people were nice. Just wish that I can work for them more often
Great Pay
Scaffold Builder- Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2017
I have learned a lot of things with this company. Treat employees great. I worked in Hackberry, La. Pays pier diem. Team Work I highly recommend applying for a job with them
Great Place to work
COMBO PIPE WELDER (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 14, 2017
Overall it was a great place to work. However it did have some cons which were the main reason that I left. The pros were the money was great and the work atmosphere. The cons were the management aspect of it. Anytime the crew I worked on started to get on a job we were pulled off to pick up trash in and around the module.
Pros
money, and the lunch room
Cons
management
Safety oriented job site
Planning Manager, Shipping & Paint Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCJune 14, 2017
Good place to work management respects employees site is in change of culture at this time interacted with several employees with different job skills and inspectors for customer companies.
wouldn't recommend..
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2017
It'll do if needed, but wouldn't suggest it if it can be avoided. You can get some good teammates, but the lack of work ethic and the laziness of employees and managers is a big downer.
Good and balanced
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJune 13, 2017
Was a balanced place to work. Very safe work environment that looks after its employees. Just got tired of working the night shift. The yard could have been a little better organized. And sometimes was hard finding material just to complete the job task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.