CB&I Employee Reviews

only worked one project with them and the only problem i had was lack of material and tools
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 25, 2017
My day consisted of reading iso's and fabricating pipe, what made my day feel hard was the lack of material some days i was wait 5-8 hrs on a welding machine or the same amount of time for pipe to come in and be delievered.
Pros
great hands and environment
Cons
bad communication to get material
Productive workplace all about work
Carpenter Helper (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 25, 2017
The job site has good people here every one you meet is friendly, the only major down fall to the job is lack of communication between formans an workers .
Pros
You can take off when you need as long as you fill out a form
Cons
No time for home life
very professional place to work
Survey foreman (Former Employee) –  columbia scJuly 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working here the job was fast paced and very professional all the managers and foreman new there stuff I recommend cbi to anyone who wants a career and advancement
Great company to work for, sometimes management has lack of communication
Iron Worker (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 24, 2017
It's a good company to work for. I like working on a detail crew. Our job is to receive prints and cut sheets to layout drill/weld supports for pipe rack modules.
productive work place
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 23, 2017
I worked night shift, safety classes were useful. Everyone comes to work on time, pay was great and long hours. The work atmosphere was pleasant and productive. There wasn't anything hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was the give away at meetings.
Pros
work hours
Great job
Shop Maintenance Worker (Electrician) (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJuly 21, 2017
I truly enjoyed my job, but unfortunately I got laid off. The maintenance shop was already short handed so I don't understand why they had to take from the maintenance.
Fun environment to learn
Fabrication Helper/ Tacker (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 21, 2017
Good place to start from the bottom and work your way up. Learn how to be a pipe fitter, tacker or a welder there and you'll be promoted in a timely manner.
Great
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 20, 2017
Good company will keep you busy don't miss time and don't smoke often and youll be alright some jobs are real strict depending on management others just like every other company
Great place to work!
Sr. PDS Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
CB&I was one of my favorite companies. I was a contract employee working as a senior piping designer. The culture is very friendly. The management is helpful and the team environment is highly encouraged, which makes for great productivity.
Unrealistic Expectations
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Zero support from upper management, if you're good at winging it then here you go! CB&I would give you a ton of great procedures, and then say make it work as best you can. Then you get dinged for doing what they told you to do!
It is a good company
QC/QA/NDT Level III/ Welding Inspector/ RT (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70605July 19, 2017
It a Fabrication shop. has a team work aspect. I worked with them for 5 years. Nuclear shop. work place culture is acceptable. I learned a lot. the management team are young people the need more experience.
Great place
Senior PDS Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work will go back there at any time,
interesting and thought provoking projects, a very friendly people place, having worked at different offices for them, I can say this is company wide.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
if you don't like OT
Good company but could have better management.
Structural QC (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 17, 2017
I get to work have our regular morning meetings, get my task for the day. Frustrating, at times due to the fact management jumps the chain of command and changes the task several times. They have a good safety culture but management does not enforce it like it should.
Struggling
Accountant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 17, 2017
Looking for more stability in a company. Many changes are going on so it's hard to describe the work life right now. Everyone is on pins and needles. If they can turn the financial turmoil around it might be worth working here.
good inviroment
helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 16, 2017
good environment to work at all people are friendly the only upside is that they lay off a lot. for dumb reasons good pay tho also need better parking spot at the job site.
enjoyed my time, would go back.
SmartPlant SPPID Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
I learned a lot in my short time at CB&I. Was laid off November of 2016. If I were asked back I would strongly consider it. For me, there are a lot of people there willing to teach if you are willing to listen and ask questions.
Pros
got paid to learn
Cons
industry volatility
Good Money but could use better management
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 15, 2017
Good culture and good money in this company but the management could use some improvement. I will work for this company any time. Overall as a company I would give them 4 out of 5
Pros
Man Camp and food
Cons
Stressful, bad management.
Project Analyst - SIR Environmental Group (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 14, 2017
So far a great place to work for. I am contracted to work at a different job site but I have access to anyone I might need at CB&I. My boss keeps me informed as to what is going on with the company because I am rarely in the area of the main office.
Pros
Ability to work from home periodically
Cons
communication
N/a
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJuly 13, 2017
I had a bad experiences with a great company. Some foremen can not be trusted. very bias. Preaches family but does not care about employees and quick to threaten your job.
Pros
when their work, as much overtime as you want
Cons
Buddy system with foremans
Great Company
Helper 2 (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 12, 2017
When I worked at CB&I it was truly a learning experience for me. The environment was great, my foreman and journeymen really enjoyed my time when I was there