CB&I Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Sr. Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2017
a typical work day would be no different than any other work place the difference would be when times are slow they do not protect their most valued people and they give you no notice of lay off, they just show up at your desk and you can not talk to anybody on the way out. Stressful seeing that. They don't seem to be people oriented as some of the past jobs I worked on.
Excellent
Intern (Quality Control) (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARMay 27, 2017
It was a nice experience to work with CB&I. The company take care of the employees really well. I got the privilege to do two internships in this company.
Stressful Place to Work, Management not Knowledgeable
Journeyman Millwright (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAMay 27, 2017
Poorly managed. Superintendents not of the same craft they're in charge of.General Foreman turned crew over to the a rep for the company of the equipment being installed and aligned. Not enough water on site. People dying a couple times a week and at least 10 to the hospital for dehydration every day. Miserable, awful, hole of a job site.
Pros
Cons
Having to be bussed into job site.
Growing Company, Several Opportunities
Field Cost Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Delta, PAMay 26, 2017
My journey has been tremendous with CB&I. I have had opportunity to grow and learn and gain experience. CB&I has truly made an effort to assist employees with the career goals, as long as you are willing to put in the work. Management for the most part are very personable and easy to communicate with.
Wasn't bad. Good pay
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Hackberry LaMay 26, 2017
Worked hard every night. Chipped and got to learn new trades. An experience for any beginner that needs a good start. Money was good, no problems overall.
Good opportunity for advancement.
Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMay 25, 2017
CB&I is a productive company who seriously takes care of its employees. I have enjoyed my tenure with CB&I. Great place to work and advance in your career.
Limited opportunities
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2017
There is a culture of settling that is down right toxic at CB&I. I would not recommend them. They were currently breaking up the company and selling it off due to financial reasons, however I watched them let go a worker of 20 years.
Crane operator
Helper (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAMay 23, 2017
Its a good place to work i would work here again if i could its a good place alot of hours good co workers decent mangment dont miss work be there on time
Pros
Lunch health care and paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Good Place to work
Plate Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 22, 2017
CB&I has a several good health plans available for the employees. The management team in Shreveport are outstanding. The company sponsors a yearly picnic free to all employees.
Job was OK, riding the bus sucked!
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAMay 19, 2017
The job was ok, typical, but being bused in sucked. It added an extra 2 hours to every day. We had to drive 16 miles past the job site just to turn around and drive back to it. The parking lot was a chaotic mess and it took forever to get out of it, usually about 45 minutes.
Pros
Good money
Cons
The bus
Excellent Company to work for!
Pipe Lead (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 13, 2017
CB&I in Tyler, TX was a wonderful company to work for. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. There are plenty of opportunities to expand your knowledge.
Real great to learn
Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Delcambre, LAMay 13, 2017
Was a good learning experience we did painting blasting fixing blast hose shovel sand mass off pipes sand down pipes hand painted cut grass clean containing build
Pros
Supervisor was great tea her
Cons
Sometimes long bours
Good place to work.
Principal Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 11, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Great people to work with. Lots of overtime. Good pay. The benefits were outstanding. Amount of paid time off was great. Would like to go back.
You are nothing more than a number and a tool to be used at CB&I
Site HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Prairieville, LAMay 9, 2017
I've been with CB&I for four years. They are cut throat and callous. They treat people as numbers and tools to be used and then discarded. Regardless of your time in company or what you have done, they will fire your or lay you off without hesitation or a moments notice.
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMay 8, 2017
Its a good company to work for. They have great benefits. The working conditions overall is good. Safety is good. They use the buddy system as well as the star systems.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Communication
director (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 5, 2017
Communication on issues is avoided or brushed off. Senior management unwilling to address problems. This has caused a culture where walls exist among most senior leaders.
Pros
work life balance is good
Cons
Hard to advance
Great place to work!
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAMay 4, 2017
I was given excellent training and supervision. The supervisors and foremen were fair and helpful. The crew members were friendly and helpful. I was trained for many skills including • Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers, band saws, rigid 535, cad wells.
Pros
excellent training and supervision, friendly people to work for and work with.
Cons
none, I loved the job.
Great people and Great job duties
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTMay 3, 2017
The people are great and the job was good and steady. Lots of work to do but the Management was awful to the workers. They pushed us to work as hard as we can and long days, then they laid all of us off because the job was done.
CBI Review
Construction Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMay 2, 2017
Working with CBI was a joy. The people were awesome, and benefits were good. The toughest part of this job was learning patience after a career of non-nuclear experience. The procedures and regulations seemed insurmountable, but once learned, they were workable. Budget and Schedule delays compounded all construction problems encountered on this project.
N/a
Sr. Procurement Expediter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
Fair interaction with Management team, good camaraderie with the expediting team. Interaction with other disciplines proved difficult. Stressful and intense environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.