CB&I Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Overall, a good place to work and grow your career. Training and development is offered if you get involved with the right manager
good company
Materials Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAFebruary 3, 2016
good company to work for good money close to home. recommended working for this company. manged materials for projects
nuclear, a different world to work in.
Journeyman Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2016
a typical day at work was, what are we going to do today. I learned alot about the nuclear work. management has a lot on their hands. great co-workers, the job is not hard, you have to use common sense.
Cons
Big company. Good senior leadership. Good high level strategy.
Director - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Overall, CB&I is a good company with an excellent high level strategy. The company has aligned to be the leader in the "energy infrastructure" space.

The acquiring of of Shaw/Stone&Webster was a mistake. However, at the time, it made sense and was a good risk. It just didn't pan out.

Now the company is focused on markets were they are successful and should be successful going forward.

The company's benefits and compensation are from the dark ages. They don't like telecommuters. Benefits are subpar - compared to other employers. Compensation lacks any sort of incentive component.

Your employment with the company will be tied to the success of the business-line or project that you're associated with. So, if there's a change in direction or projects ends, so will your job. But, that's no different than anyplace else.

This sounds pretty negative, so far. But, i just wanted to paint a picture of the reality.

They company does good work. They have an international footprint and are poised for future growth. CB&I has a long legacy that will continue for many decades.
Pros
Large company. Good training.
Cons
Mediocre compensation and benefits.
Oil & Gas LNG company
Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
the hardest part of the job is the insecurity of whether you will continue to have a job with the oil and gas market / projects as the are today.
Excellent employer
I&C Designer (Current Employee) –  Savanah River Site, SCJanuary 3, 2016
CB&I is a great company to work for. Very professional team with good benefits. The management is friendly provides an excellent environment for work.
CB&I Lake Charles
procurement (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 28, 2015
Take the job here until the other local industries start to hire and then get out of Dodge. Management is awful, don't walk the talk, and the whole place is a giant cluster.
Great People
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasDecember 17, 2015
Great people to work with.Great work schedule. Busy and always busy. Best people in the industry working and great to learn from.
Good job excellent safety program
Certified Welding Inspector/QAQC (Former Employee) –  Oxy Deer Park VCM plantDecember 9, 2015
Worked as QC welding inspector @ Deer Park Oxy Vcm shutdown Tracking welds and kept track of welder certifications. Assured all welds were made in accordance to the qualified procedure
Great company to work for
Millwright-Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 9, 2015
I loved working for CBI the company had great benefits, pay was decent, supervisors were really easy going and would would along with you. Loved the 4-10 schedule.

Want to know more about CB&I?

Ask a question
good
Field Engineer; Q.C./Q.A (Current Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LANovember 29, 2015
I like working for this company. They've always treated me well. I,ve always had room for advancement. My co-workers are great people and environment.
Great Job
Journeyman craftsman (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 28, 2015
best job i ever had.would like to go back to work for them. benefits were great.. plenty of room for advancement. The job was in tyler tx
Pros
pay good, benifits were good, pleanty of room for advancement
Cons
no cons
Working with CB&I
Lead Electrical Gen. Foreman (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 22, 2015
I have to say CB&I is a great place to work I have found me a new home with the company, I was a die hard KBR but like working for CB&I
Enjoyble work environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 18, 2015
Typical day would be clocking in at 7am riding to the back of the island. Walking into the office signing on to the computer entering in time and attendance. I would start on book review or gather NDE reports that were going to be entered into books for that day giving a list of said reports to my boss and then locating books to enter the reports. Also creating any documents that my supervisor needed throughout the day and sending or responding to any emails as well.
No Growth Potential
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2015
There is no professional growth offered. The culture is extremely negative. The hardest part is staying positive and coming into the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2015
I enjoy feeling like part of an important team and taking lead and ownership of projects. I probably spend most of my time on and off-site thinking of ways to improve my work habits, client relations, business relationships and management of personnel on-site. I also enjoy designing equipment parts, functioning mechanical equipment and other improved applications of material handling equipment. This portion of my job really creates a feeling of accomplishment and fulfills my career choice as a field engineer and project manager. This company really allows the freedom needed for one to excel in the field that you may want to pursue.
Pros
free lunches and nice dine very friendly work environment
Cons
far travel, and no company vehicle.
Good place to work and excellent work environment.
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
Great opportunity for new graduate.
Great team work experience.
supervisor and lead engineer are very helpful and and always get performance feed back.
Widget Factory
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2015
Watched CB&I go from a engineering and construction company to a dysfunctional widget factory. They are no longer an EPC (Engineering, Purchasing and Construction) but a PC (Purchasing and Construction) company.

CB&I does not respect their engineers. Anyone can be an engineer at CB&I. You do not even need a engineering degree. All you have to do is shuffle paper for purchasing. It is disgraceful for the engineering profession.

Managements tries to blame the employees for their lack in organization skills. CB&I has turned into a cluster, kind of like a zoo. Everything is a crisis and we need to have a meeting about it right now.

If you are a self respecting engineer, would not recommend CB&I. If you just want a paycheck, CB&I can give you that.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Poor Management
typical large scale construction job
QC Mechanical and Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 3, 2015
This one of two new nuclear construction jobs being built in the US. It is a very large scale project with a lot of learning curves, overall the company is trying to the best they can with little experience since this is the first new construction in thirty years. I will say they are building this to last! Never seen so much rebar in all my life!
Great Company that cares about it's employees
Electrical Design Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 2, 2015
All tools to complete your job are provided. Each employee is given the tools & opportunity to research & try to solve a problem on their own before going for help. This allows the employee to grow & learn more.
Pros
Great work schedule