CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

very productive place to work , room for advacements
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Markham, TXJuly 22, 2016
was able to work with people that was willing to teach the trade, stayed busy daily , co-workers were very helpful as team work, foreman was very helpful and professional .the hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat in the summer time
good work environment
Oiler (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 21, 2016
Great work environment which allowed importunity to advance. Safety was a priority with each job being handled and workers had the option to stop work if they felt it was unsafe.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Limited communications, made the best of a difficult situation
Civil Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 20, 2016
Typical day consisted of directing craft folks to repair emergent power plant issues for client and supporting unexpected unit outages as required along with staffing manpower for week to week project work. Co-workers supported each other to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know the craft personnel while working on the Navajo Reservation.
Pros
company truck provided due to no per diem
Cons
company truck removed still no per diem
Productive place to work in
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2016
I have learned a lot with CB&I. The management is amazing and have a personal contact with the employees.
Ok workplace, management could be better
Sr. HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 27, 2016
Handling problems daily within the plant as well as an additional plant that I was responsible for. Sometimes did not have upper management buy in on what needed to be done.
Rentec/PCI is a unsafe jobsite
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 24, 2016
I worked at this site for 3 yrs as a combo welder and never wielded one piece of pipe. Put my health and life on the line every day just for them to can me for no good reason. I recommend this site to any one with a weak mind and a strong back. Cause that is all that is required.
Cons
Great job while it lasted
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2016
The two projects I worked on were great to work on, but wished there was more. I would like to have the opportunity to work with CB&I again.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Did not last long enough
Very critical and high pressure job. being a Nuclear Project
QC Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 16, 2016
Typical day was reviewing WPS's, PIS's,. Overall dimensions, Procedures, Job Site Procedures. Meetings with clients on their products. Certifying Inspectors.Welding Inspection. Gained more knowledge of all Specifications ASME,AWS, B31.1D1.6, B31.3, D1.1, Everyone there was great to work with. Get the vendors to understand how important it was for them to get it correct the first time. When we as a company were able to meet the deadlines give to us by our client.
Pros
Provided us the chance to gain more certifications
Cons
Was there for 6 years and was looking to retire from a company like that.
Informative
Principal Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2016
Keep up your good work!
It is interesting that I can not save with my comments less than 20 words. When you have a chance, please fix this features
Good company.
Class A pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAJune 8, 2016
It is a very solid company with great works, which also has as a priority the safety of its workers and fraternity as their greatest principles.

Want to know more about CB&I?

Ask a question
Busy schedule in the coatings department
Nuclear coatings applicator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 2, 2016
busy work days in the coatings department.I was certified in nuclear coatings application.Management were fairly easy to work with.good co-workers except for a few that did not work as team members.the hardest part of the job was to meet inspection expextations due to written procedures.
Pros
paid for lunch break on night shift.
Cons
working in the heat with all the coatings safety apperal requied.
This company could be better
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  laporte texasMay 25, 2016
I have been with this company several times over the years, and the pay is always one of the lowest in the area for the job that we do. this company also has a very good safety program but has major issues communicating their policies down to the field. In many cases I have witnessed these cases. The field management is lacking in certain areas but they are good guys just need some guidance into the right direction.
Pros
good enviroment of people to work with
Cons
very low pay, isses in the safety culture
Nothing out of the ordinary
Scheduler II (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 25, 2016
Typical work day is pretty routine, I have learned alot about Primavera P6 and welded plate structures, Management is professional for the most part but sometimes lacks accountability enforcement. My peers, for the most part, try to get the job done and overcome hurtles on a daily basis but sometime lack of support from adjacent department making it difficult at times. Communication is a must. The hardest part of the job is gathering information from supporting departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone comes together and gets the job done.
Pros
Good pay, Weekends off, reasonable work hours, nice facility
Cons
lack of communication between supporting departments
Great Place to work
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
CB&I was a great place to work. Great diverse culture, and courteous management. I highly recommend this company.

Great health benefits.
Location was convenient

Parking was convenient
Pros
great location, awesome health insurance
Unfair Recruiting Personnel
None yet (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles LouisanaMay 20, 2016
As relocated Floridians we feel we are getting the run around to be hired. My husband has 26 years experience as a concrete finisher and is being told for the past 2 weeks they have nothing for him but job postings and people that was hired says otherwise.
Pros
Lots of jobs posted
Cons
Bad recruiting practise
Huge company
Civil Planner (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 18, 2016
Being on projects only, and 2 at that, they are too large to rate overall. But have been impressed with ethics and safety culture. Benefits are fair and normal, pay for nuclear work is average for this industry.
Our decommissioning team here has been cohesive and very well melded. Hope to work with them on another D & D project.
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 16, 2016
Fast paced environment
Enjoyed helping others in moving forward with their life after a disaster.
Management had exceptional training
Co-workers were very nice.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
When the project is done, your job is over.
Good Company to work For
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Igleside, TXMay 11, 2016
Very fast pace company. Always moving ahead to achieve the best goal of no one getting hurt. Very safe company to work for.
Skilled mechanical designer with muultiple design skills.
Smartpland SPPID designrt (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 10, 2016
I am a enthusiastic worker who enjoy working with people. Over the years I have learned multiple design cad skills and to work multiple projects. I work well with management and I have coordinated work between management and other designers. The hardest part of my joy is not being productive. I enjoy using my design skills to complete my part of the project to make job a success.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no PTO
budget constraint
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Thew WoodlandsMay 9, 2016
market conditions changing work environment. the company organization structure is change due to reduction in budgets. New award have dropped off 75 percent over last year at this time.
Pros
budget reductions
Cons
experiance