CB&I Employee Reviews

CBI has a lot of work but constantly hires new people and immediately puts them in positions under a lot of pressure. They are constantly changing.
SR TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Job security was promised but the promise was not kept. This is a growing company and has gone outside the company for people from other companies to fill key staff positions with little internal guidance. This results in a lot of conflict of opinions and direction.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Top management tries to have too much control
Productive atmosphere of teamwork and creativity.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Great work atmosphere in office, inter office not so much. 2 different objectives, rules, quality standards and methods collided head on. Both offices good people, just different leadership. I thought I had found my dream job, but it just didn't work out. Grunt level leadership was some of the best. The team they assembled was the best of the best. I would work for CB&I again.
Pros
Talent level, benefits and pay.
Cons
Upper level management, impossible schedule.
Productive and fun workplace
Environmental Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at CB&I. I learned a lot. Great workplace environment, good benefits, opportunity for advancement, excellent management.
CB&I dissapointment
Internship (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 29, 2016
I expected great things from CB&I. I am a graduated Mechanical Engineer, capable of greater tasks, and I am printing pages.

Promised promotions that didn't come, I had to resort to threatening to leave.
Not a good taste in my mouth, although I am getting the promotion.

I hope CB&I is able to regain my and other peoples respect.
Pros
Reliable Pay
Cons
No Job Advancement, poor management
Good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer - Heat Transfer (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 5, 2016
I have learned many types of equipment at CB&I. I have attended many lunch-n-learns where supplier taught about their equipment and sometimes about how their equipment operates. I have met many good people and learned so much from those people. It has been a pleasure to work at CB&I.
Pros
Good training when there is time. Good experience when available. Good benefits.
Cons
There is no job security and no warning when they will lay you off.
Clean lunch areas and rest room
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 14, 2016
I've worked with CB & I twice. Different management. Both jobs have
good training. Good Ins. There's just no time off. A lot of hours.
There's advancement if you apply yourself.
Pros
Good trianing, safety, Ins. pay
Cons
No time off, but good money
Productive Workplace
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Excellent company full of professionals who are focused and motivated to complete projects. Management is helpful and provide resources to those who request it or would like to advance their personal careers.
Contract Project Accountant
Contract Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Time Keeping / Payroll position. Good company to work for, little room for advancement, long days. Management was great to work with, very kind people and very understanding.
easy work and good coworkers but upper management is awful and unorganized
electrician helper (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAFebruary 11, 2017
good benifits and good way to start learning a trade but upper management is very unorganized and could care less about you
Pros
easy work
Cons
no perdiem
Awesome
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJanuary 15, 2017
It was awesome! Had a huge layoff I learned a lot there and this company is all about safety! They pay great and take care of their employees! Plenty of work
Pros
Plenty off overtime
Cons
Hard to get a raise
good company with good benefits
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 18, 2016
good benefits and pay Steady work. Management is disorganized. Co-workers mostly great. If you're an operator be ready to get down and do manual labor
Fun work place
Lead Instrument and Control System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2016
Excellent Company
Good Management
Good co-workers
fun place to work in
line management is doing very good
over seas assignment
large projects
good salary
Excellent experience for first professional job
Compliance/Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time at CB&I very much. I appreciated the professionalism of working at a nuclear facility and most of my coworkers, supervisors and managers were very genuine and kind. When I was given daily tasks and objectives I enjoyed prioritizing and being able to work at my own pace. For group projects, I was fond of organizing and assigning different tasks for everyone as well as overcoming obstacles suspected and unforeseen.
Pros
Longer lunches, feasible work hours, understanding supervision
Cons
Inexperienced management, HR discrepancies
This is a company that stand behind safety
Area HSE Manager USA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
CB&I has been a good company to work for, They stand behind what they say and they push a good healthy safety culture. I do enjoy working for a boss that accepts a debates and we both learn for this
Rod Buster (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Great job great environment very good management and all coworks was also nice and able to get along with others. Days start early then straight to work two 15 minute breaks one hour break you also ride the transportation bus.from parking lot to job dite which when getting off its a little stuffy but this job in a whole is an awesome place to be employed.
A committed and forward thinking organization.
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Because of the variety of projects, there are opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills. The management is professional and are always sensitive to employee issues which maintains a high morale.
Pros
Consistancy in management guidelines that define any issue.
Cons
Occasional overlap between departments creates confusion.
Challenging and rewarding employment
Environmental Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
I was previously employed as an Environmental Scientist with Chicago Bridge & Iron (formerly the Shaw Group) working with the Environmental & Infrastructure Group in Houston, Texas. I have over 18 years of environmental experience. I participated in numerous hazardous waste site investigations and remedial activities at industrial, commercial and government facilities in the Southern and Northeastern US and Guam. My responsibilities included the preparation of various environmental reports, remedial construction oversight and hazardous waste disposal, as well as the management of field activities during groundwater and soil investigations. I have supervised the operations associated with Mobile Disaster Recovery Centers in selected counties affected by Hurricane Rita in Texas and Hurricane Whilma in Florida. I am proficient in using ArcGIS tools for GIS planning tasks on multiple residential and commercial sites as well. I previously provided support as the Quality Control Lead for several smelter sites in the Southwestern US. This entailed the thorough review of all field-related documentation.
Pros
Great team work with interesting projects
Cons
Juggling family with work
This company could be better
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  laporte texasMay 25, 2016
I have been with this company several times over the years, and the pay is always one of the lowest in the area for the job that we do. this company also has a very good safety program but has major issues communicating their policies down to the field. In many cases I have witnessed these cases. The field management is lacking in certain areas but they are good guys just need some guidance into the right direction.
Pros
good enviroment of people to work with
Cons
very low pay, isses in the safety culture
very productive fab shop
FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoy working for them they are a good company if you like working in a fab shop. They are a very large company and the benefits are great.
good hard work
Top Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy where i work, always look forward to working focusing on sharpening my technical skills,
troubleshooting, overhauls, installations, adjustments and repairs on a variety of electronic equipment.
As a team player my goal is to grow with this company and further my education to hopefully one day step up into a Management position.
Pros
the pay
Cons
away from my family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.

80%