CB&I

CB&I Employee Reviews

Active and Safe work enviorment
Field Engineer 1 (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
Cons: Long work hours
Work consist of checking documents to the most up to date information, verifying if changes are made to the latest design document. Working with craft on issues that may arise and developing solutions – more... for those issues is one of the many things that I have learned from working here. I have also gained a better understanding of managing my time and getting work done in said time.

The management is on top of everything that goes on at the job and works with every one directly on things that may arise. Co-workers have a good attitude about what they do and how things are done. They enjoy the work that they do and the things that they accomplish.

The hardest part of the job is coming across a construction issue that may have one or more things working against it and getting it done before a set deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing those construction issues and watching everything work properly. It is rewarding to see job progression and something you did work. – less
At least they have a good safety culture
Mechanical GF (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCJune 24, 2015
I have never seen so many management changes in a short time. Procurement problems. supply problems. Talent problems. Of course my only experience with them was at V C Summer.
Overall very favorable
Electrical Designer III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with CB&I. The people were generally real nice to work with. I was provided advanced training at company expense.
advancement base on who you know
AUDITOR (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: flex work week
Cons: Salary range between employees doing the same type of work is far between
CEO are great leaders, but mid-level managers are the very old school. Manager has a very good sales pitch in making the team look attractive to work for but once you're in, the feelings about the leadership is quite dissapointing.
CB&I gives employees great avenues for advancement in different areas.
Proposals Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of opprotunities, challenging, great culture, awesome benefits
Cons: Too many corporate rules to follow made it difficult to actually accomplish project tasks
CB&I gives employees great avenues for advancement in different areas. Management challenges you often with new and exciting opportunities and really allow you to climb the corporate ladder quickly.
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company.
UXO Tech ll (Former Employee), Lompoc, CAJune 16, 2015
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company. They were a fair and honest company. Great benefits. Always provided great places to reside during the contract.
hard working place
warehouse manager (Former Employee), Ingleside, TexasJune 15, 2015
a typical day of work for me would be running the forklift all over the place and working my tail off to provide for my little family and managing my little crew.
Enjoyed the time with the company
War Room Assistant (Current Employee), GGNS Port Gibson, Ms.June 15, 2015
Worked on support items for the War Room Supervisor. Helped plan packages for the Carpenters and helped the Field Engineers and Superviors with various support items needed.
Great Management
Certified Welding Inspector (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Pay
Excellent atmosphere. Management really understands its team and does there best to keep everybody working even when work is slow.
Great Job
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee), Grover, NCJune 7, 2015
The hardest part was the chemical elements. The best part was everybody worked as a team. Co-workers worked well together. I learned how to fill out the proper paperwork to get the job done.
Fast paced work environment where multi-tasking is a MUST
EMT Security Lead (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, day goes by fast
Cons: No break
Chemical Industry that is very fast paced and keeps me on my toes. I am a security lead as well as an EMT. At any given time throughout my shift the alarm can sound and I have to respond not knowing what – more... I am getting into or severity of injury. While in the office I have to be able to multi-task. Answering phones, transfer calls greeting guests, vendors, and drivers, making sure all individuals sign in on the log properly, administer a safety video, check paperwork to that in the computer, radio communication, monitor employees, and respond to emergencies. – less
good learning experience
forklift operator (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCJune 3, 2015
good learning experience. a lot of training classes.
ability to travel to different places around the world and meet new people
Working at CB&I
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDJune 3, 2015
I enjoy working at CB&I. They've taught me multiple things such as driving a roller, haul truck. I get along with my co-workers and my supervisors very well.
productive cwi inspector
Inspector (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2015
Resourceful and reliable quality control and certified welding inspector with over 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on-time, on-budget – more... and high-quality project completions. Strong team member, equally successful working in small or large groups. Clear communicator with interpersonal skills to work effectively with coworkers, management, and customers.
Willing to Travel. – less
Communicate with many people from all of the mid - west and central United States. Offer the best deals to get the order.
Business Development Rep III (Current Employee), Sapulpa, OKMay 18, 2015
I have learned many new skills by working in this postition of Business Development Rep 3. Customer's call for price and delivery on stainless/chrome pipe and fittings. If the price is good they send the order in. If we do not have what they need, we will find it for them.
Productive Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Clearfield,UTMay 12, 2015
Pros: Daily Challenges.
Cons: Demands made to meet commitments.
Fast paced & demanding.
Steel types, shipping and safety environments.
Hard working management & very dedicated.
Good co-workers.
How demanding it is. I take it personal if we don't meet the numbers.
My Co workers are the best part of my job.
Good place to work if your young
Full Time 40+hrs. per week (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMay 10, 2015
Very good job, fun people to work around. I work a schedule of 4/10s from 6:30 to 5:00, and have Fridays off every week. That is pretty much it.
Great Company
Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee), Jenkinsville, SCMay 5, 2015
Great project to work on. Operating nuclear plant. Had to work within schedule and under budget. Company took care of their employees and rewarded them for working efficiently and safely
CB&I is a great company to work for
Technical Logistics Lead Alaska LNG (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 3, 2015
I came to CB&I because of the advancement possibilities. CB&I has State Side and International positions. The teams are knowledgeable and dedicated in a common goal.
A great starting position.
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), Baton rouge, louisianaApril 28, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: Pay
It's a great place to get some beginning experience. I had great coworkers and decent managers. I just wish there was more opportunities for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more

CB&I Salaries