CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Checker/Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
Friendly and productive work atmosphere. Highly experienced engineering staff with a sincere level of dedication. Great location in downtown Charlotte North Carolina.
Pros
great people
Cons
nice work place but unpredictable
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 25, 2016
good people but lots of turnarounds, never do what they say, keep loosing bids on jobs, laying off people that work and keeping ones that don't. some foreman's and supervisors don't know what the people they manage do.
good working for CB&I
Elect Supt (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 17, 2016
Safety as no 1. complete project on schedule and under budget., always good communication and supervision, the salary is good, good over all company to work for.
Commercial weld shop that converted to Nuclear
NDT II Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 7, 2016
This is a good company to work for. They have lost all of the contracts for the nuclear work but continue to thrive in the industrial world.
Pros
Great Location, Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture
Good money, very poor local infrastructure
LDAR Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 7, 2016
Pay is good. Need to be very honest and have good work ethics. Foreman and supervisors have very poor attitudes and rather see you leave than coach. Very high turn around for this job. Average job span is from 3 months to a year.
Great Place to Work
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 5, 2016
Really enjoyed the opportunity to work for Chicago Bridge and Iron! I learned so much working with my co-workers including my supervisors. Would love the chance to work for them again.
Extremely disorganized with little communication
HR Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2016
CB&I has many good employees who are invested in what they do. The most difficult part of working there was the lack of communication and clear direction resulting in much rework and confusion.
Productive place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 25, 2016
Would like to go back to an outage but none are going on in this area at this present time. It was a busy job most of the time but sometimes some downtime waiting. Really liked working with everyone there. Can't wait to go back.
Pros
pay decent
Cons
outage work isn't long enough sometimes
Opportunities to learn new skills and perform new job functions.
Engineering Assistant Document Control (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 25, 2016
I have been given multiple opportunities to learn new skills and perform new job functions. Ability to grow in knowledge and performance.
Pros
Variety of people
Cons
Low salary
Good place to work not enough work
I&C Design Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2016
Overall good company with good people working within. Management isn't very good with managing work load. Doesn't seem to be a lot of work coming in.
Environment for Possibilities
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER 1 (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 14, 2016
A good overall company with many doors for opportunity. They are stretching the boundaries of what they are known for by increasing their job/project portfolio. It comes with its difficulties like any job, especially when you are a site engineer, but I have enjoyed my time and gained experience, thus far.
Wonderful place to work
Procedure Writer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 10, 2016
Never before had I worked at a place with such a great group of people; everyone is warm, friendly, and understanding. While these are wonderful qualities to find in one's co-workers, there is the matter of how it affects your work and your career. There wasn't a scale for quality, but rather a standard of "good enough." Advancement is rare. There are not clear goals laid out for those wishing to advance their career. Further, even if those goals were met, there is the matter of it meaning anything to upper management. Communication between departments and levels of management have been a reoccurring problem since the company opened their doors.
Great Job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Donaldsonville, LAMarch 9, 2016
CB&I is an environment that's impacted on a lot of workers and people work together as a team to get the job done. The management there is GREAT. I would'nt mind referring someone there to work.
Nice people to work with
Articulated Dump Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAMarch 9, 2016
they have very nice people there who are very helpful but this job will be coming to an end very soon so i have to find another job
Productive and safe workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 8, 2016
CB&I produced a great safe work environment. It was my first construction based job, and they made me feel comfortable, and showed me how to run the equipment safely.
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCMarch 7, 2016
Stayed busy and learned a lot while I was employed there. I learned how to weld such as tig welding mig welding and flex cord while I was there as well.
good place to wook.
Combo Welder (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 5, 2016
I like the people I work with out here, the opportunities to gain more welding experience and certifications are definitely a great thing for this company to offer and I am glad to take advantage of them.
Pros
weekly paycheck
Cons
People are nice and helpful
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 4, 2016
Really didn't work there long enough to provide detail feedback. I enjoyed working there but communication issues with management and employees.
GE Supply / Questron Aerospace Logistics
Spare Parts Administrator / Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 2, 2016
GE Supply Logistics bought out Questron Aerospace Logistics. GE's management style is rated very low and they just don't seem to care about the work/life balance of the employee.
Pros
Hours
My life at CB&I
Main Contractor (CB&I) Instrumentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cartagena, FLFebruary 29, 2016
My typical day at work:

1. Meeting on morning with my two Workforces.
Contrator workforce: 40 Peoples.
CB&I Workforce: 4 peoples.

2. Distribution of the Work orders and pending.
3. Monitoring activities. (Workforce managment) and help to the Workforce (assembly equipment, precommissioning, commissioning and Start-Up).
4. Reports.

The hardest part of the job was: Jobsite Temperature. (+40 °C)

The most enjoyable part of the job: Ethical and positve work enviorement.
Pros
Lunch