CB&I Employee Reviews

It is a good company
QC/QA/NDT Level III/ Welding Inspector/ RT (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70605July 19, 2017
It a Fabrication shop. has a team work aspect. I worked with them for 5 years. Nuclear shop. work place culture is acceptable. I learned a lot. the management team are young people the need more experience.
Great place
Senior PDS Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work will go back there at any time,
interesting and thought provoking projects, a very friendly people place, having worked at different offices for them, I can say this is company wide.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
if you don't like OT
Good company but could have better management.
Structural QC (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 17, 2017
I get to work have our regular morning meetings, get my task for the day. Frustrating, at times due to the fact management jumps the chain of command and changes the task several times. They have a good safety culture but management does not enforce it like it should.
Struggling
Accountant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 17, 2017
Looking for more stability in a company. Many changes are going on so it's hard to describe the work life right now. Everyone is on pins and needles. If they can turn the financial turmoil around it might be worth working here.
good inviroment
helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 16, 2017
good environment to work at all people are friendly the only upside is that they lay off a lot. for dumb reasons good pay tho also need better parking spot at the job site.
enjoyed my time, would go back.
SmartPlant SPPID Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
I learned a lot in my short time at CB&I. Was laid off November of 2016. If I were asked back I would strongly consider it. For me, there are a lot of people there willing to teach if you are willing to listen and ask questions.
Pros
got paid to learn
Cons
industry volatility
Good Money but could use better management
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 15, 2017
Good culture and good money in this company but the management could use some improvement. I will work for this company any time. Overall as a company I would give them 4 out of 5
Pros
Man Camp and food
Cons
Stressful, bad management.
Project Analyst - SIR Environmental Group (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 14, 2017
So far a great place to work for. I am contracted to work at a different job site but I have access to anyone I might need at CB&I. My boss keeps me informed as to what is going on with the company because I am rarely in the area of the main office.
Pros
Ability to work from home periodically
Cons
communication
N/a
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAJuly 13, 2017
I had a bad experiences with a great company. Some foremen can not be trusted. very bias. Preaches family but does not care about employees and quick to threaten your job.
Pros
when their work, as much overtime as you want
Cons
Buddy system with foremans
Great Company
Helper 2 (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 12, 2017
When I worked at CB&I it was truly a learning experience for me. The environment was great, my foreman and journeymen really enjoyed my time when I was there
easy apply
Industrial Janitor (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VAJuly 10, 2017
Was very hard work and you had to work in a very hot temperatures. They hired any and all who would pass a drug test but most was very rude disrespectful and irresponsible.
Pros
good hours
Cons
dangerous place to work at celeanse
Good place to work with extraordinary focus on safe reliable work
Mechanical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Northeast US nuclear plantsJuly 10, 2017
Have worked several nuclear plants for CB&I and focus has always been safety first followed by quality and production last. great concept which worked time and time again.
Pros
Smart management
Cons
Not a lot of time off between assignments
Great Pay and Benefits
LEAD HSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 8, 2017
Great place to work. A long term job with plenty of room to advance. If you are looking for a career we are the company. CB&I has some of the best benefits a company can provide.
Ok place to work.
Carpenter Helper (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJuly 6, 2017
Doesnt leave much time for family life and it takes half an hour or more to get in or out of the parking lot that you aren't paid for which suck bc even if your in line to get in the gate if you arent in by 6 30 your late even if your there.
Review
PPL Piping Designer/Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
Its like most EPC. When there is work you have a job! When it slows down you may be out! CBI is run like a construction Co. As Engineering I find the 40 hr. work every Friday a negative. Its like most otherwise. I like the people I work with and for.
Pros
work
Cons
Work schedual on 40 hrs there is no Fridays off, like 9/80 Sch. (every other Friday off). You must work 4 hrs every Friday! not like most EPC.
Ability to grow experiance
Project Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2017
Collaborating and strategizing with other department managers on how to execute process, implementing and managing procurement execution team on proven practices, hands on guidance of individuals in implementation of tasks.
Pros
Able to advance in grow experaince with in procurement group.
Cons
Not well compensated nor recognised.
At this site, Management is the worst I have ever seen
pipe fitter (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAJuly 3, 2017
From the Foreman to the Superintendent, there is no direction or any way to get anything accomplished.
They hire any one, from convicted felons to the homeless street man. as long as you can walk, you are hired.
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for, and they don't give you any hours. 20, 32, if you get 40 hours you are lucky.
Pros
Cons
the worst
CB&I as Senior Piping Designer
Senior PDS Piping Designer / Area Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2017
Great company to work for. Minimum management and good work atmosphere/culture. A typical work day is working on your own area of the plant and discussing the job development with other disciplines. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work schedule.
Great Company
SENIOR CIVIL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Good management and a good work culture. The company has a great on the job training. They highly value employee safety and always has great communication within the company.
Ambitious
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
The company is expanding rapidly and needs good people to manage quick changes on a day to day basis. Overall good opportunities and good compensation.
Pros
Easy to move around within the organization
Cons
Stressful environment due to rapid growth