CB&I Employee Reviews

A busy LNG engineering and construction company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
The employees generally all begin their day before 7:30. For most projects, its 4 days, 9 hours per day with 1/2 day Fridays. Core hours are 8 - 4.

The company has a large backlog with the potential for more to come. I anticipate the company will remain successful.
Productive environment/Cooperative Venture
Materials Manager (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 22, 2015
Safety was a top priority at the work site, constant safety apparel checks were done throughout the day. Efficiency would be sacrificed if the work environment was deemed unsafe for further work. Overall, from the lower tiered employees to the upper management, everyone was cooperative and made sure to look out for each other.
Typical EPC
Document Control (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Very busy
Cons: Poor communication
The company is very busy due to a number of very large projects. There are a lot of new employees. They are a typical EPC, looking at schedules and deliverables.
good place to better your self
Tacker (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJuly 14, 2015
I enjoy working at CB&I because i get to build big skids that go offshore,leaned how to fitt,weld, and read drawing.Get to meet different peopleand better yo self everyday. i looking for a part time night jobs
Not Beneficial Unless You Know Someone
Senior Materials Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Walker, Louisiana - SunlandJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Poor Management, Random hours that change almost daily, no room for advancement, Your job is never protected, Unstable conditions
This is a great company to work for, if you are in the in crowd. Pay is average. Job descriptions are usually hit or miss. Company usually doesn't give you the full description that they are really hiring – more... for. Hours flip flop literally almost every week. Management is a hit or miss. I worked for this company for 5 years and there have been 1 or 2 managers that gave an attempt at being decent people. Other than that, it's hard to even have management know you exists, unless they need your help with something they don't know how to do. Compensation isn't great with this company at all. They can tell you to do multiple peoples job with no type of compensation or even a slight thank you. If you need a job that has decent pay and benefits as far as health care, then sure, work here temporarily. But if you are looking for a company for a long lasting career where you will be respected and have room for advancement, stay away and look elsewhere. Most of the time you are just a work horse or a replaceable body for this company. Needless to say, this is more of a "good ole boy" company. Have to know someone or be related to someone to do well and exceed here. – less
It was a learning experience,
Sr. Scheduling Specialist - Plant Vogtle Units (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Most people dedicated and great to work with
Cons: Drive to site
From my understanding this was the largest Primavera schedule in the schedule world. Very complicated project with a lot of different hands in it. They have very good schedulers and will succeed as this is a new technology and a learning experience.
Overall Its a great company to work for.
Industrial painter / Sandblasting (Current Employee), Rockport, TXJuly 8, 2015
I like what I do, I like learning new thing and the challenges. My co workers and supervisors are willing to teach me things and except my advice I enjoy working for CB & I. I am just trying to be closer to my family or home more often.
Productive work place
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), InfrastructureJuly 4, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphear amoung workers.
Cons: Not enough thanks for a job well done.
Stress safety to the point that in some cases it is unsafe. They do not acknowledge a job well done very often. We are required to wear extra clothing that could be a safety issue in some places. Most of the upper management only stays Six Months to Two Years at best.
Great company to work for
HSE Manager (Current Employee), Palisades Nuclear Plant Covert MI.June 30, 2015
Pros: Good money and alot of work
Cons: Away from home for months at a time
Great company to work for im just looking to find a place and settle down soon, traveling all over the place is very hard somtimes as family gets older and not getting to spend time with them.
Active and Safe work enviorment
Field Engineer 1 (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment
Cons: Long work hours
Work consist of checking documents to the most up to date information, verifying if changes are made to the latest design document. Working with craft on issues that may arise and developing solutions – more... for those issues is one of the many things that I have learned from working here. I have also gained a better understanding of managing my time and getting work done in said time.

The management is on top of everything that goes on at the job and works with every one directly on things that may arise. Co-workers have a good attitude about what they do and how things are done. They enjoy the work that they do and the things that they accomplish.

The hardest part of the job is coming across a construction issue that may have one or more things working against it and getting it done before a set deadline. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing those construction issues and watching everything work properly. It is rewarding to see job progression and something you did work. – less
At least they have a good safety culture
Mechanical GF (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCJune 24, 2015
I have never seen so many management changes in a short time. Procurement problems. supply problems. Talent problems. Of course my only experience with them was at V C Summer.
Overall very favorable
Electrical Designer III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time with CB&I. The people were generally real nice to work with. I was provided advanced training at company expense.
advancement base on who you know
AUDITOR (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: flex work week
Cons: Salary range between employees doing the same type of work is far between
CEO are great leaders, but mid-level managers are the very old school. Manager has a very good sales pitch in making the team look attractive to work for but once you're in, the feelings about the leadership is quite dissapointing.
CB&I gives employees great avenues for advancement in different areas.
Proposals Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Lots of opprotunities, challenging, great culture, awesome benefits
Cons: Too many corporate rules to follow made it difficult to actually accomplish project tasks
CB&I gives employees great avenues for advancement in different areas. Management challenges you often with new and exciting opportunities and really allow you to climb the corporate ladder quickly.
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company.
UXO Tech ll (Former Employee), Lompoc, CAJune 16, 2015
I have been very happy to have been employed by this company. They were a fair and honest company. Great benefits. Always provided great places to reside during the contract.
hard working place
warehouse manager (Former Employee), Ingleside, TexasJune 15, 2015
a typical day of work for me would be running the forklift all over the place and working my tail off to provide for my little family and managing my little crew.
Enjoyed the time with the company
War Room Assistant (Current Employee), GGNS Port Gibson, Ms.June 15, 2015
Worked on support items for the War Room Supervisor. Helped plan packages for the Carpenters and helped the Field Engineers and Superviors with various support items needed.
Great Management
Certified Welding Inspector (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Pay
Excellent atmosphere. Management really understands its team and does there best to keep everybody working even when work is slow.
Great Job
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee), Grover, NCJune 7, 2015
The hardest part was the chemical elements. The best part was everybody worked as a team. Co-workers worked well together. I learned how to fill out the proper paperwork to get the job done.
Fast paced work environment where multi-tasking is a MUST
EMT Security Lead (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, day goes by fast
Cons: No break
Chemical Industry that is very fast paced and keeps me on my toes. I am a security lead as well as an EMT. At any given time throughout my shift the alarm can sound and I have to respond not knowing what – more... I am getting into or severity of injury. While in the office I have to be able to multi-task. Answering phones, transfer calls greeting guests, vendors, and drivers, making sure all individuals sign in on the log properly, administer a safety video, check paperwork to that in the computer, radio communication, monitor employees, and respond to emergencies. – less