CB&I Employee Reviews in United States

Limited communications, made the best of a difficult situation
Civil Construction Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 20, 2016
Typical day consisted of directing craft folks to repair emergent power plant issues for client and supporting unexpected unit outages as required along with staffing manpower for week to week project work. Co-workers supported each other to complete tasks. The most enjoyable part was meeting and getting to know the craft personnel while working on the Navajo Reservation.
Pros
company truck provided due to no per diem
Cons
company truck removed still no per diem
Very critical and high pressure job. being a Nuclear Project
QC Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 16, 2016
Typical day was reviewing WPS's, PIS's,. Overall dimensions, Procedures, Job Site Procedures. Meetings with clients on their products. Certifying Inspectors.Welding Inspection. Gained more knowledge of all Specifications ASME,AWS, B31.1D1.6, B31.3, D1.1, Everyone there was great to work with. Get the vendors to understand how important it was for them to get it correct the first time. When we as a company were able to meet the deadlines give to us by our client.
Pros
Provided us the chance to gain more certifications
Cons
Was there for 6 years and was looking to retire from a company like that.
Busy schedule in the coatings department
Nuclear coatings applicator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 2, 2016
busy work days in the coatings department.I was certified in nuclear coatings application.Management were fairly easy to work with.good co-workers except for a few that did not work as team members.the hardest part of the job was to meet inspection expextations due to written procedures.
Pros
paid for lunch break on night shift.
Cons
working in the heat with all the coatings safety apperal requied.
Nothing out of the ordinary
Scheduler II (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 25, 2016
Typical work day is pretty routine, I have learned alot about Primavera P6 and welded plate structures, Management is professional for the most part but sometimes lacks accountability enforcement. My peers, for the most part, try to get the job done and overcome hurtles on a daily basis but sometime lack of support from adjacent department making it difficult at times. Communication is a must. The hardest part of the job is gathering information from supporting departments. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone comes together and gets the job done.
Pros
Good pay, Weekends off, reasonable work hours, nice facility
Cons
lack of communication between supporting departments
This company could be better
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  laporte texasMay 25, 2016
I have been with this company several times over the years, and the pay is always one of the lowest in the area for the job that we do. this company also has a very good safety program but has major issues communicating their policies down to the field. In many cases I have witnessed these cases. The field management is lacking in certain areas but they are good guys just need some guidance into the right direction.
Pros
good enviroment of people to work with
Cons
very low pay, isses in the safety culture
Skilled mechanical designer with muultiple design skills.
Smartpland SPPID designrt (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 10, 2016
I am a enthusiastic worker who enjoy working with people. Over the years I have learned multiple design cad skills and to work multiple projects. I work well with management and I have coordinated work between management and other designers. The hardest part of my joy is not being productive. I enjoy using my design skills to complete my part of the project to make job a success.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no PTO
Wonderful place to work
Procedure Writer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 10, 2016
Never before had I worked at a place with such a great group of people; everyone is warm, friendly, and understanding. While these are wonderful qualities to find in one's co-workers, there is the matter of how it affects your work and your career. There wasn't a scale for quality, but rather a standard of "good enough." Advancement is rare. There are not clear goals laid out for those wishing to advance their career. Further, even if those goals were met, there is the matter of it meaning anything to upper management. Communication between departments and levels of management have been a reoccurring problem since the company opened their doors.
Huge company
Civil Planner (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 18, 2016
Being on projects only, and 2 at that, they are too large to rate overall. But have been impressed with ethics and safety culture. Benefits are fair and normal, pay for nuclear work is average for this industry.
Our decommissioning team here has been cohesive and very well melded. Hope to work with them on another D & D project.
Rentec/PCI is a unsafe jobsite
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 24, 2016
I worked at this site for 3 yrs as a combo welder and never wielded one piece of pipe. Put my health and life on the line every day just for them to can me for no good reason. I recommend this site to any one with a weak mind and a strong back. Cause that is all that is required.
Unfair Recruiting Personnel
None yet (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles LouisanaMay 20, 2016
As relocated Floridians we feel we are getting the run around to be hired. My husband has 26 years experience as a concrete finisher and is being told for the past 2 weeks they have nothing for him but job postings and people that was hired says otherwise.
Pros
Lots of jobs posted
Cons
Bad recruiting practise
My life at CB&I
Main Contractor (CB&I) Instrumentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cartagena, FLFebruary 29, 2016
My typical day at work:

1. Meeting on morning with my two Workforces.
Contrator workforce: 40 Peoples.
CB&I Workforce: 4 peoples.

2. Distribution of the Work orders and pending.
3. Monitoring activities. (Workforce managment) and help to the Workforce (assembly equipment, precommissioning, commissioning and Start-Up).
4. Reports.

The hardest part of the job was: Jobsite Temperature. (+40 °C)

The most enjoyable part of the job: Ethical and positve work enviorement.
Pros
Lunch
very productive place to work , room for advacements
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Markham, TXJuly 22, 2016
was able to work with people that was willing to teach the trade, stayed busy daily , co-workers were very helpful as team work, foreman was very helpful and professional .the hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat in the summer time
Environment for Possibilities
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER 1 (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 14, 2016
A good overall company with many doors for opportunity. They are stretching the boundaries of what they are known for by increasing their job/project portfolio. It comes with its difficulties like any job, especially when you are a site engineer, but I have enjoyed my time and gained experience, thus far.
Internal Reconstruction
Lead Scheduler in District (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AzFebruary 12, 2016
Nuclear moved Fossil out due to loss of contract @ Palo Verde Nuclear Power Station.
Great conditions in Fossil; pressure to complete estimates and schedules was exhilarating. Gratification were given when great jobs were completed. Corrective measures we not overlooked; amendments were recognized as well.
Pros
Fossil Group excellant
Cons
Nuclear Management Mentality
Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 16, 2016
Fast paced environment
Enjoyed helping others in moving forward with their life after a disaster.
Management had exceptional training
Co-workers were very nice.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
When the project is done, your job is over.
Great Place to work
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
CB&I was a great place to work. Great diverse culture, and courteous management. I highly recommend this company.

Great health benefits.
Location was convenient

Parking was convenient
Pros
great location, awesome health insurance
nice work place but unpredictable
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 25, 2016
good people but lots of turnarounds, never do what they say, keep loosing bids on jobs, laying off people that work and keeping ones that don't. some foreman's and supervisors don't know what the people they manage do.
Productive place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 25, 2016
Would like to go back to an outage but none are going on in this area at this present time. It was a busy job most of the time but sometimes some downtime waiting. Really liked working with everyone there. Can't wait to go back.
Pros
pay decent
Cons
outage work isn't long enough sometimes
Good money, very poor local infrastructure
LDAR Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 7, 2016
Pay is good. Need to be very honest and have good work ethics. Foreman and supervisors have very poor attitudes and rather see you leave than coach. Very high turn around for this job. Average job span is from 3 months to a year.
budget constraint
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Thew WoodlandsMay 9, 2016
market conditions changing work environment. the company organization structure is change due to reduction in budgets. New award have dropped off 75 percent over last year at this time.
Pros
budget reductions
Cons
experiance