CB&I Employee Reviews

Not a good environment to work in
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 14, 2017
Couldn't get no kind of work done because we didn't have the right material .Did not have no kind of good leadership .Transportation was pretty bad .Didn't get no our sometime .lots of rain outs
overall ok
Principal Lead Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2017
It had its issues like other big engineering / construction company's do.
They have the structure and guidelines.
but they struggled to follow their own guidelines
Pros
average benefiets
Cons
need better engineering estimating group
Good job
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAAugust 11, 2017
A really gud company to work for. Safety is number one. Everyone helps each other out. I never work for a company like cb&i it's a great company to work for
Good company..
Pipe fitter supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laport texasAugust 11, 2017
My time working with cb&i was good, really good people to work with. They always had everything we needed to get the job done.I would like to work with them again if they ever picked up any more work around the houstin area..
Great money, great company
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2017
Great job, looking for something less strenuous and demanding due to my current lifestyle change. I would like an office job with the same amount of benefits as my current.
Provided a very well balanced Life Style
Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 11, 2017
I provided assistance to all levels of mgmt. and craft. I enjoyed being able to help craft and management in any way to make their job easier and enjoyable. I worked at a steady pace, making sure to meet all deadlines timely and accurately. There were times when things would get hectic but I always managed to meet all requirements and expectations. I love helping and assisting and that's what made my day the most enjoyable.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job was taken over by a different company
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 11, 2017
Enjoy my job people friendly great place to advance good environment to work in and plenty of room for advance to next level very organized company to work for plenty of work to keep you going I hope to reach a new level in near future
Pros
Safety incentives
Cons
Great health care
great company to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAAugust 10, 2017
one of the best companys I have worked with over the last few years.they take care of their employees and are very professional minded and have some great people working for them
This company is ok.
Lead Carpenter (Current Employee) –  the woodsland,txAugust 10, 2017
Seems as though the jobs for CB&I and not well organized and very hard to move uo in the indusrty. I am always on time when others are late and nothing happens. People do not work safely
Ok company
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAAugust 9, 2017
A lot of families work together which makes it hard to progress in the company. Ask for the pay you want before getting the job because raises are very limited.

Want to know more about CB&I?

Ask a question
I really enjoyed the MOX project
Health Safety and Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 9, 2017
CBI believes in rules and their safety program. They are a strong company. I really enjoyed working for them and was unhappy when they made the choice to pull out of VC Summer. I should have seen the writing on the wall a year or more ago at VC Summer about the nuclear new build.
Pros
Proactive and strict about safety
Working on the power house a lot of experience needed with craft an to complete task
Carpenter Foreman (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy what I do working for CB&I and the operatunity to show my experience as a foreman and general foreman positions I have worked on the Cameron LNG as a GF
I'm now on the Westlake project a a carpenter foreman also working on the power house
I have a experienced crew and knowledge of the installation of the power house
I have good working relationship with my immediate GF and Superintendent I would like to continue with CB&I
Good money, horrible management and planning
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAAugust 8, 2017
Cb&i will give you the opportunity to make great money, however they are not a family company. Cb&i is a company that will fire you for any reason or try to get rid of you because they are scared you will take their place. Cb&i does not often hire qualified individuals, they are more concerned with getting the job done quickly not correctly. I did not have a good experience at Cb&i, they are not organized, break promises, and do not like you to take time off even if it's excused and it's important. There are some great individuals out there on site but higher up management is cut throat, greedy, and heartless! You will also have to go in an hour early just to get there on time and not get paid for it.
Pros
Good money, overtime, holiday pay
Cons
Short breaks, upper management, parking, bus schedule, organization, planning
U gotta watch your back out there
Structural welder (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAAugust 8, 2017
They manipulate u into working days u shouldn't work and threaten to fire u if u complain they only way to get a straight answer on anything is to go to HR then they put a stop to that because HR didn't wanna hear all the problems its jus alot of illegal things goin on out there
Pros
They pay the most money
Cons
They looking to fire people
Cb&I
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXAugust 8, 2017
Great place to work. Great Management and not a lot of over management of employees. Strict but fair and extremely safety oriented. I would definitely go work there again.
great job satifaction
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 8, 2017
Working on this project with CB&I I was surrounded with an allstar team that cared about success of each other and the project. I had great leadership. The hours were long but that is a given on any construction project. I gained lots of experience and advancement while working here.
Good Company
Senior Material Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
Good pay, good atmosphere. Opportunities for advancement are there. Company is moving in a good direction. Lots of opportunity for field work, if desired.
Great Job
Warehouse Attendant (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCAugust 8, 2017
I always had a good time working at CB&I. One of the best companies to take care of you. I wish they would've stayed to finish the VC Summer plant in SC.
Beautiful Offices, Terrible Mid-Management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 7, 2017
Lucked out and ended up with a great executive as my boss. We've consistently had an excellent, balanced working relationship. However, the mid-management are micro-managers to their people. I see many people working extremely long hours, with little work/life balance. With all of the recent shake-up at CB&I, there isn't a strong sense of long-term stability for anyone! The company will continue to lose people at that expense.
Cons
Communication is terrible from the top!
Productive and fun while working at CB&I
Tank leadman sr. (Former Employee) –  QatarAugust 5, 2017
8 hours a day and 6days a week a typical day at work
I learn on how to cooperate the whole team
The management are good provider with all the needs of their worker
Humid and hot
To get the target date and time of the project this is the hardest part.
the most enjoyable part was when we finish the project at the right time.
Pros
Free accomodation.free meal. Free wifi
Cons
Short breaks