CB&I Employee Reviews

Good Company
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 26, 2016
Good Company to work for. Good people and an enjoyable atmosphere. Great Electrical department head. Learned a lot while at this company.
A good company to start out with
Process Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Paid overtime means a better work life balance, as the company is incentivized to not overwork you (although there are definitely crunch times, as in any project based company). Work experience can vary greatly from project to project depending on the personalities of the individual managers and clients.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Can have a lot of drama
Productive place to make money
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 21, 2016
Great job they give you pleanty of opportunities to make money and get to a craft that most fit with you or others also if you stay long term you can also move to any project they got open
Excellent company to work for.
Rigger (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Cb&I was a great company to work for, excellent people to work with learned a lot from them I also advanced very quickly to lead man with my experience in rigging and also being a boat captain maintaining crews.
Pros
Cb&i always celebrated for someones brithday at lunch time.
Cons
N/a
Production Driven
Cost Specialist, Project Controls (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Always working on innovative ways to do things to make tasks faster and more accurate. CBI is a great learning environment and people are eager to share their knowledge.
Overtime when u want, 40 if u dont. Not aloud to rush u. 15 min break in the morning and afternoon with a 30 min lunch. Breaks usually last longer.
Industrial Painter I / Leadman (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Started as a painter helper at 14 and got 21 in 1 year and 3 months. Leadman in 2 years. Plenty of room to move up if u push urself. Overall good place to work especially if u have a family. Worth relocating!
Pros
Two turnarounds a year 3 weeks long
Cons
Racial preference (hispanic)
Making History
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCSeptember 15, 2016
Building nuclear power plants is the future of the energy crisis and is the way of the future. One team. What the greatest construction workers and engineers have accomplished for the future of energy.
Experienced Employees
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2016
If you are willing to learn they are willing to teach you. I've learned a lot from the experienced employees. there was a lot of great exposure.
Excellent experience for first professional job
Compliance/Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time at CB&I very much. I appreciated the professionalism of working at a nuclear facility and most of my coworkers, supervisors and managers were very genuine and kind. When I was given daily tasks and objectives I enjoyed prioritizing and being able to work at my own pace. For group projects, I was fond of organizing and assigning different tasks for everyone as well as overcoming obstacles suspected and unforeseen.
Pros
Longer lunches, feasible work hours, understanding supervision
Cons
Inexperienced management, HR discrepancies
great place to work
Instrument Fitter General Forman (Former Employee) –  Portland, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I loved working here, the superintendent never had a problem with teaching anyone anything and was very informative in day to day activities. All of my coworker were easy to get along with and we all made a really great team
Ok place to work, It's a job
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCSeptember 8, 2016
Thankful I was given the opportunity to show my skills but not very appreciative even though I did the job of 2-3 people and a lot of overtime.
Company has strong potential but poor mangement
Construction Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 6, 2016
Company has knowledgeable personnel but is poorly managed. The pay and benefits are average but the environment is extremely stressful due to unrealistic schedules.
Great job and benefits
Instrumentation Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Worked will with others, was given free reign to make daily discussions. Was listened to about crew issues. Immediate reprimands on crew issues.
Pros
work hours
Cons
job too short
Decent Workplace/Welcoming Environment
Material Handling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 4, 2016
This is a highly repetitious job. A typical involved a pre-job briefing at the start of the shift;work goals and duties are delegated. I enjoy my co-workers more than anything on the job. The management is fair at best but I've experienced worst. The hardest part of the job is uncertainty in regard to lay-offs future work(contract) availabilit.
This was a good job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2016
This was a good job so far the best job I've ever worked supervision was very knowledgeable plenty of material and all the tools to do your job
Stable Job
Quality of Design Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
I have loved working here. Very stable environment and friendly co-workers. The pay is competitive and the benefits are worth it.
good company to work for
Industrial heavy duty mechanic/rigger Full time (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 18, 2016
very good pay and great company, decent people, rode bus to work as company dictates, located all over the world, worked as a heavy duty mechanic here,
Productive place to work and great upside
Unknown (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 10, 2016
The company is a good company with a lot of work available but the good ole boy mentality is deterring any serious changes from occurring.
Working for CB&I Inside Flint Hills
Valve Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 9, 2016
While working for CB&I I learned quiet of few skills towards monitoring for fugitive emissions on process equipment while inside Flint Hills
Pros
Refinery Experience
Cons
Health care.
overall good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXAugust 9, 2016
was there for two years, steady work, good safety culture, good opportunity to remain with company after job completion, bonus at end of job