CB&I Employee Reviews

great place to work
Principal Instrument Designer (Former Employee) –  houston, texasOctober 20, 2017
Ability is given to learn and grow. always assisting employees to move forward and advance. great work environment because of quality employees. working to advance the local education system.
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
lack of projects
OK Place to work
Product developer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 19, 2017
This is company is bleeding cash and had to let a bunch of people go. Your success here depends on whose butt you kiss or who you are related to. This company is going down. Stay away.
Pros
Nice Views.
Cons
Favoritism, No direction
na
Commissioning Superintendent- Mechanical (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
room for improvement
organization required better means for control of work
to make project progress

managers are friendly
trying to cope with ongoing activities
Excellent company to work for
Structural Fitter (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 17, 2017
It is a very good company to work for, the superviors are good at helping to solve problems, and quality control area are also very good at their and help us to do our work much better in quality.
For me personally CB&I is a excellent company full of opportunities to grow our work.
Pros
You can continue to grow in the company
Cons
Safety👍
Hydristatic/pneumatic crew
Pipefitter Leadman/ Designated Expert-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAOctober 17, 2017
Need to have a safety mind attitude because in the testing crew you're dealing with high pressure enviroment, needs improvement with supervision, no testing experience on supervision.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor supervision
The nine year I was with I enjoyed the travel and people I worked with.
E/I Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Enjoyed working for CB&I. I worked in foreign countries. I went on projects that had very tough schedules. We had to put together very difficult work schedules to meet the goal. Overall the project are very demanding but a very good challenge and enjoyable to work.
Global Support Tech/Telecom Support/Aveksa Admin (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 15, 2017
I worked as helpdesk analyst; answering phones, service tickets, and emails on computer, network, and system issues. I loved the management and loved the atmosphere
Good Job, poo location
Scheduling Specialist III- Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
Happy with all aspects of my job other than the location. Started in Houston office and while commute was excessive it was doable. I was then relocated to Plaquemine, La and away from my family. The situation now does not work for my personal life.
Cons
location
Poor Management
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2017
CBI has poor management throughout the entire company not just locally. Maybe working out in the shops is a different thing than working in the office. But I do not recommend working in the office for CBI. They do not give appropriate bonuses or raises to employees and expect you to work long hours and weekends.
Cons
Poor Management, Long Hours
Job was too short to evaluate
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 14, 2017
Due to misunderstanding job was cut short. Working without completely prepared for job and qualifications I had to ask for release and received help to get job I was looking for with Tradesman international.
Pros
money
Cons
to short work experience
Day to Day operations as Global Service Desk Tech
Global Service Desk Tech I (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 77380October 12, 2017
Every day would present a different challenge and the opportunity to learn new things. Learn about the end user's problem and challenges and offered new ways to resolve their issues. Management allowed me to take ownership of user problems and made sure I had the tools to perform my duties. The work place culture was very relaxed and friendly. I enjoyed all the different challenges that comes with working in IT.
Pros
Flex Schedule
Cons
Benefits are great. 401 and abl;e to buy company stock
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2017
Long hours and I never got to go home all I did was work it cost me my marriage and my kid I hate the and would never work there again I think they are
Cons
Good company to work for, good process technology portfolio and good success at winning new projects worldwide
Principal Process Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Good company to work for in terms of practices and procedures, varied process technology portfolio and great success at winning new projects worldwide.
Good company to work for
Foreman/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAOctober 12, 2017
I worked with good people that did there job, if I had a problem it was taken care of by leader.I really enjoyed working for CB&I and would like to work there again.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
no lunch
productive working place
1st class PPE CLeaner (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 11, 2017
Working with safe people being managed by great managenment lots of hard work giving advice to assist on jobs. the willining to give overtime when needed
It is a very good place to work at. And I would recommend my friends and family to work at CB&I.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAOctober 10, 2017
I really like the job. There pay (CB&I) is good. But we had long shifts and it was an 12 hrs shifts. The staff had basically only Saturday,Sunday off in my area.
Pros
The Pay, I got night shift
Awful, don't do it
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Terrible management.
Works on the "buddy-buddy system" rather than actual hard work.
Management are all good friends so don't ever voice an opinion against anyone higher than your position or you'll probably be let go.
Copies old job designs full of mistakes and tries to fix them after failing the first time instead of letting the staff do the job properly.
"No hours for checking" is a common phrase there.
Lots of "senior" staff there with no idea what they're doing.
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor organization, poor quality of work
Top Management is old style, good ole boys mentality
Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 10, 2017
I worked here over 4 years and had one decent manager and one controlling, autocratic sociopath manager.

The work was very interesting at first and I had a lot of autonomy until middle management was hired. Then all meaningful decision making and responsibilities were stripped from my role. I was reduced to a high paid admin/clerk. It was demoralizing and demeaning, but I laughed my way to the bank!

Management at the top values longevity and they do not change. Ever. In fact, I would say this has been part of their downfall over the past years, having become stagnated with the same old ideas.
Working here is like working at Texaco in 1988 where the culture is old style and there's a complete lack of diversity(in people, management style, etc)

They have pretty much ceased allowing of the Flex work program(9/80)
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
lack of opportunity
Ambiente laboral muy estable
Rodbuster (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAOctober 9, 2017
Muy bien ambiente laboral solo que tiene que ponwrle mas atension ala gente que si es buena en su trabajo y balorarlo..
Pros
Cuentas con seguro privado
Cons
Ninguna
Watch your back
Pipe Fabrication Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 9, 2017
Fired for a someone else getting hurt. As a foreman watch your step. Was not involved in the investigation that I was released for. As a right to hire right to fire state you can be let go for any reason
Pros
Clean facitily
Cons
Unstable enviroment