CB&I

CB&I United States Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at. Employees are respectful and show professionalism in attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch and learns. When you are in a busy mode you recieve a free lunch.
Cons: Compensation of pay should be rewarded more often with experience.
While employed at Chicago Bridge and Iron I developed new and improved skills that would take me to another level in upper management. Learn new things in the work place is something I enjoy adapting to.
I was manager over time sheets, making sure sheets are accurately entered on a timely basis. Working with a department of professional coworkers who are open to assist. For instant, coverage when any one of us was out of the office. Learning new software is another issue that requires help at any point in time.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours to complete the task at hand. The best part of this job is assisting and training a new employee that come aboard.
Not much advancement for women
Program Management (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: lacks in Professional environment
Still an old Construction company in its various companies. Needs to become more updated to 21st Century. Not much leadership and direction from management due to constant changes in organization.
Nice place to work. Nice people.
Estimator, Project Manager, Field Eng & Planner (Former Employee), Goodyear, ArizonaApril 20, 2015
Good place to work, always learning something new. Very technical oriented work. New and exciting things each day. You never get bored. Learned new computer programs. Management was very nice and yet professional.
Good company to work for
Senior Decontamination Technician (Former Employee), Glen Rose, TXApril 16, 2015
Good safety culture, care about their employees, and improving with each job I have worked on. Management has definitely improved in area that were lacking.
This is a good company to work with. This company eventually bought lot of technologies.
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Good standards for typical day to day work. The company is capable of handling small to big projects. Learned a lot. Had a fantastic supervisor who was very experienced both in refineries, gas processing and ethylene technology.
Nice place to work
Instrument Fitter (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2015
CB&I was a great place to work. I was able to learn a lot in a short time frame due to it not being a permanent job. I would have like to work in my field with this company.
It is a good company to work for.
Construction Field Engineer 4 - Planner (Current Employee), Glen Rose, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: contract was shortened.
I was accepted in and trained without anyone felling like I was in the way. I continually learned something everyday. I am a planner. They have jobs available to go anywhere.
Great job. Excellent benefits.
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: I have my own office and can work independtly.
Cons: Long drive to and from work
I love what I do. Every day when I get to work I check the phone messages, poll the time clock and run the time reports for the supervision so that they can do their timesheets. I pick up timesheets on a daily basis and enter them into the system. I check my docusphere for new invoices that need to be processed so that I can bill the client. I check my p-card daily to keep up with purchases made and where each one is charged to. I run weekly reports for the client. I bill monthly, so I have to make sure that any thing that is reimbursable is ready to be billed. I also help all of our employees with any problems they have concerning HR and benefits. I make sure each new employee has a benefits package and a time clock badge. I enter and balance time weekly.
hurry up and wait
Journeyman Rigger (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCApril 2, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, nobody rushing you
Cons: extremely boring, excessive use of anti monkrey butt powder
a thousand grand a week to play hide and seek, the hardest part of the day here was trying to stay awake, oh and the fact that by the end of the day my dang
legs were killing me from riding the clock
ldar tech
Lead LDAR Technician (Current Employee), Orange, TXMarch 28, 2015
typical day at work is calibrating machines, following routes, and getting leaks repaired by operators. ive learned a lot about how the facility i work at runs, and makes its product.
Productivity within the Training Department
Human Resource Assistant II (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: We're making history by building a Power Plant
Cons: Things change in the nuclear world daily.
The typical day runs 10.5 hours of continuous revisions, phone calls and emails.
I've learned how to manage time, research effectively, to work efficiently through all urgencies that may happen.
Management is constantly busy and at some times hard to contact or meet with.
My co-workers are very professional and have a teamwork-like attitude.....we're here to complete a task.
Finding time to speak with my manager to discuss the daily activities of the day.
My co-workers.
productive and professional
Instrumentation Fitter/ Helper (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: lots of on site experience
Cons: insurance
A very professional and fast paced company with the opportunities to advance. Safety being their first priority , you'll feel secure in their working inverioment .
awesome
QUALITY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
good day at work all the time. learned something everyday. liked the people i worked with. very good learning environment.
Great company
EHS Specialist 3 (Current Employee), Jenkinsville SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: none that I have noticed yet
Having opportunities of advancement and skills training onsite to further enhance career levels. Great people and environment for success, long term possibilities with this job due to the nature of the construction of new technology, New Nuclear Reactors
Productive and safe workplace
Rodbuster (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work begins with our safety meeting because safety is the number 1 goal on all construction sights. Secondly, we get a plan work that plan safely by eliminating all hazards. thirdly, we come to gather as a team to be our brothers keepers because all eyes are better than 2 eyes. I learned that if it doesn't matter how much experience you have, you are still learning everyday. Management protects us make sure that we go home the same way we came to work. My co-workers all work together looking out for one another. Is leaving because the atmosphere is awesome. Is when we can be safe, laugh, and smile to create a safe work place for everyone.
Safety oriented, family conscious.
Maintance tech (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 18, 2015
Dedicated to safety, and keeping a healthy balance between the workplace and family. CB&I creates an environment allowing employees to grow and excel. Not only in the workplace but in their personal life as well.
Productive work place, safe work place
Project Superintendent (Current Employee), Lusby, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great organization to work for
05:30: Review plant status
Review work schedule
06:00: Brief CB&I workers with POD
Brief Electrical GF on scheduled work for the day.
Review up coming work for the week
* Safety and Clear Communications is the key part of this
work enviorment.
*Management is there to define questions when needeed.
*Relate to Co-workers on past experiences.
*Havin an succesful work day.
fun workplace
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: lunch and learn, fun workplace
It's a good company to work for. Opportunity to work with experienced engineers and learn from their expertise in lunch and learn training.
Good company to work for
Construction Field Engineer (Current Employee), Savannah River Site Aiken SCFebruary 25, 2015
Very flexible work hours, good pay, good upper management. Excellent room for growth. Very well diversified across the nuclear world and leaders in energy innovations.
Poor work environment, lacks a strong nuclear culture
Senior Employee Concerns Manager (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad culture, a typical construction attitude, "our way or the highway"
Good work force handicapped by poor leadership. Leadership does not communicate well with the workforce and has a poor presence in the field. Most workers do not know their assigned manager above the foreman level. Getting motivated to report to work daily is a chore for most but that feeling is favorably tempered by working with a good group of your coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more

CB&I Salaries