CB&I

CB&I United States Employee Reviews

CB&I
QC Inspector III (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAJanuary 31, 2015
I am currently working at CB&I. Pay is good and management is supportive of it's inspectors. Inspectors are trained and certified to perform the tasks they are responsible for.
Great company but poor manager
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), The WoodlandsJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: rock solid company
Cons: poor management
Steer clear of CB&I! Even though 95% of the people were awesome, the poor decisions upper management ignore the fact the hiring manager is incomptent and jealous made this place a horrible place to work at. One day they praise your work to you and others, the next you are not a "good fit". "Manager" have no concept of teamwork and hide behind HR and the Director's name. I enjoyed working here but............
Long and productive days working around sensitive equipment
General Laborer/Helper (Former Employee), Palo Verde Nuclear Generating StationJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pretty good pay with great benefits.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Every day at work my co-workers and I would typically start off where we left at the previous day. We were tasked to work around the most sensitive equipment at Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant, which at times became difficult. Something I learned is when I am placed in a leadership position with tremendous weight on my shoulders, I excel and achieve daily goals asked by my leadership. Every time while working under management and next to co-workers the work atmosphere is enjoyable and friendly. The most difficult part of my job was working the packets, and following the strict procedures of certain steps of the specific job. Now, the most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with my co-workers and management, because no matter what we would always have a fun, safe, and productive day.
You can learn a lot.
Operator/Helper (Former Employee), Jennkinsville, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Being in the construction world is good and bad cause you receive great pay but, you depend on the weather. You can learn any trade you want out there if you wont to.
Offshore pipe welder
Pipe Welder (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: when you're working the money is grate
Cons: when there is no work
So fur the company has been good to work for. It's the first of the year that is slow. With the price of oil so low work is going to slow down. The prices of oil and gas determines a lot of the work done in the offshore industry.
Manager
Construction Mangaer (Current Employee), Cartagena, BOLJanuary 20, 2015
I have 29 years expente on insulation paint scaffold fireproofing and refractory
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: celebration of success.
Challenging, continuous learning, great supervision,outstanding coworkers. I loved working there.
Challenging and rewarding
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: variable work activities
Cons: away from family for weeks at a time.
CB&I has provided me with a challenging position. The remedial activities that I performed varied from ordinance disposal, emergency response (oil spills, train derailments, biological threats), waste water treatment, incineration, drum removal and landfill/waste lagoom capping. These activities were performed in a variety settings: manufacturing plants (indoor and outdoor), military installations and geographically remote areas. The hardest part of this position was the time away from home. A positive part of this position was being able to physically see your work efforts at the end of the project.
Great people
Scaffold Builder,Foreman (Former Employee), Hopewell, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Great people lots of hours some co workers will teach its about who you know at this job
Good work experience and great company to work for.
Accounting/Payroll (Former Employee), Fulton, ARJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: learning different work ethics from co-workers.
Cons: having to travel so far for work
Started my day by inputting time for all craft employees. Ran all required reports for project manager. Mondays were very long days due to payroll needing to be completed on schedule. Enjoyed helping all craft with any questions they had about their paychecks.
Fast and long hrs
Industrial Surveyor Journeyman (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 12, 2015
if you like to move around this is the company for you. the is good the hours are long. most jobs are 6 to 7 days a week,
they were a good co. to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2015
upper management very good to me .I got along well with them.
I worked very hard for them .I worked a lot of hours 65 to 80 hours a week. I was sorry to have to leave there. the job sight manager was a fantastic boss the pipe superintendent was also a fantastic boss
great company
Millwright (Former Employee), Palo Verde, AZDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: jobs don't last long enough
i'm a contract millwright for CB&I, they are a great company to work for, pays good, decent leaders, just wish jobs would last a little longer
Full time Employment Guaranteed
LDAR Technician (Current Employee), Martinez, CADecember 21, 2014
Room for advancement small crew with a great safety culture.
Excellent place to work.
HR Asst. 1 (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GADecember 12, 2014
Wonderful place to work. The company cares about the employee. The people are like a big family. LOVED IT!
excellent salary
Form Carpenter (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2014
Excellent salary but benefits are expensive. Extremely physical work for form carpentry, harness and cable. Co workers are great and management as well.
Great atmosphere to be around
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2014
The daily task of the job was to check the products made by other neighboring departments to assure products are in specifications of the company. During my time with the company I learned how to conduct an assortment of test with the mechanical use of Varian, Chromatograph Operation, ICP, and other distinctive instrumentation for sample processing. The management at the company was great at times, but had places where improvement was needed. While working with the company I felt I had a great relationship with them. We worked together well. The hardest part of the job was the demand of the other departments at times. Other than the demand I would say the job was enjoyable to be at.
A very productive place to work
Service Order Dispatcher (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: servicing the military soldiers and civilians
Cons: the pay
This job allowed me to provide services for the Military and DOD/NAF/Government Contract employees on a daily basis. I learned to process Work Orders for the various Units once they were approved by the Government.
I learned and became proficient in GFEBS and cPROJECTS, which is the software by which the Government tracks funding for the Military Bases and DOD sites.
Worked in concert with a very efficient team, as we were for the most part prior military, therefore we understood the need for the soldier.
The hardest part of this job was having moments of system malfunctions due to our main servers being in another state, therefore not allowing us to effectively do our jobs and service the customer.
What I enjoyed most about this job was servicing the Customer and ensuring their paperwork was processed properly.
Great co-workers, management supports employees for project completion.
Contract Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Canton, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: supportive management
Cons: north east weather
Challenging projects and great co-workers. Canton office was 15 minute drive. Vogtle Site was 30 mile drive but took one hour because of traffic.
Overall, a great place to work!
Fitter/Welder (Current Employee), Delcambre, LANovember 22, 2014
CB&I is a great place to work. 95% of the guys are team players. The hardest part of the job is working 18 hours a day for several days in a row! 12 and 14 hour days are relatively easy. The management are good guys to work for, that treat you with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is, after completing a particular project, being able to stand back and be proud of a job well done. A job that I don't mind writing my name on. I care about my reputation as a good fitter and welder. I take pride in my work. Always doing my best, not taking any short-cuts.

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more

CB&I Salaries