CB&I

CB&I Employee Reviews

productive and professional
Instrumentation Fitter/ Helper (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: lots of on site experience
Cons: insurance
A very professional and fast paced company with the opportunities to advance. Safety being their first priority , you'll feel secure in their working inverioment .
awesome
QUALITY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
good day at work all the time. learned something everyday. liked the people i worked with. very good learning environment.
Great company
EHS Specialist 3 (Current Employee), Jenkinsville SCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: none that I have noticed yet
Having opportunities of advancement and skills training onsite to further enhance career levels. Great people and environment for success, long term possibilities with this job due to the nature of the construction of new technology, New Nuclear Reactors
Productive and safe workplace
Rodbuster (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work begins with our safety meeting because safety is the number 1 goal on all construction sights. Secondly, we get a plan work that plan safely by eliminating all hazards. thirdly, we come to gather as a team to be our brothers keepers because all eyes are better than 2 eyes. I learned that if it doesn't matter how much experience you have, you are still learning everyday. Management protects us make sure that we go home the same way we came to work. My co-workers all work together looking out for one another. Is leaving because the atmosphere is awesome. Is when we can be safe, laugh, and smile to create a safe work place for everyone.
Safety oriented, family conscious.
Maintance tech (Current Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 18, 2015
Dedicated to safety, and keeping a healthy balance between the workplace and family. CB&I creates an environment allowing employees to grow and excel. Not only in the workplace but in their personal life as well.
Productive work place, safe work place
Project Superintendent (Current Employee), Lusby, MDMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great organization to work for
05:30: Review plant status
Review work schedule
06:00: Brief CB&I workers with POD
Brief Electrical GF on scheduled work for the day.
Review up coming work for the week
* Safety and Clear Communications is the key part of this
work enviorment.
*Management is there to define questions when needeed.
*Relate to Co-workers on past experiences.
*Havin an succesful work day.
fun workplace
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: lunch and learn, fun workplace
It's a good company to work for. Opportunity to work with experienced engineers and learn from their expertise in lunch and learn training.
Good company to work for
Construction Field Engineer (Current Employee), Savannah River Site Aiken SCFebruary 25, 2015
Very flexible work hours, good pay, good upper management. Excellent room for growth. Very well diversified across the nuclear world and leaders in energy innovations.
Poor work environment, lacks a strong nuclear culture
Senior Employee Concerns Manager (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad culture, a typical construction attitude, "our way or the highway"
Good work force handicapped by poor leadership. Leadership does not communicate well with the workforce and has a poor presence in the field. Most workers do not know their assigned manager above the foreman level. Getting motivated to report to work daily is a chore for most but that feeling is favorably tempered by working with a good group of your coworkers.
Great learning experience
Payroll (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAFebruary 11, 2015
manages timesheets and daily payroll activities. Interacting with 800-1200 employees daily. addressing payroll concerns. Constantly training to improve departmetns
CB&I
QC Inspector III (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAJanuary 31, 2015
I am currently working at CB&I. Pay is good and management is supportive of it's inspectors. Inspectors are trained and certified to perform the tasks they are responsible for.
Great company but poor manager
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), The WoodlandsJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: rock solid company
Cons: poor management
Steer clear of CB&I! Even though 95% of the people were awesome, the poor decisions upper management ignore the fact the hiring manager is incomptent and jealous made this place a horrible place to work at. One day they praise your work to you and others, the next you are not a "good fit". "Manager" have no concept of teamwork and hide behind HR and the Director's name. I enjoyed working here but............
Long and productive days working around sensitive equipment
General Laborer/Helper (Former Employee), Palo Verde Nuclear Generating StationJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pretty good pay with great benefits.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Every day at work my co-workers and I would typically start off where we left at the previous day. We were tasked to work around the most sensitive equipment at Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant, which at times became difficult. Something I learned is when I am placed in a leadership position with tremendous weight on my shoulders, I excel and achieve daily goals asked by my leadership. Every time while working under management and next to co-workers the work atmosphere is enjoyable and friendly. The most difficult part of my job was working the packets, and following the strict procedures of certain steps of the specific job. Now, the most enjoyable aspect of my job was working with my co-workers and management, because no matter what we would always have a fun, safe, and productive day.
You can learn a lot.
Operator/Helper (Former Employee), Jennkinsville, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Being in the construction world is good and bad cause you receive great pay but, you depend on the weather. You can learn any trade you want out there if you wont to.
Offshore pipe welder
Pipe Welder (Current Employee), Delcambre, LAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: when you're working the money is grate
Cons: when there is no work
So fur the company has been good to work for. It's the first of the year that is slow. With the price of oil so low work is going to slow down. The prices of oil and gas determines a lot of the work done in the offshore industry.
Manager
Construction Mangaer (Current Employee), Cartagena, BOLJanuary 20, 2015
I have 29 years expente on insulation paint scaffold fireproofing and refractory
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: celebration of success.
Challenging, continuous learning, great supervision,outstanding coworkers. I loved working there.
Challenging and rewarding
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: variable work activities
Cons: away from family for weeks at a time.
CB&I has provided me with a challenging position. The remedial activities that I performed varied from ordinance disposal, emergency response (oil spills, train derailments, biological threats), waste water treatment, incineration, drum removal and landfill/waste lagoom capping. These activities were performed in a variety settings: manufacturing plants (indoor and outdoor), military installations and geographically remote areas. The hardest part of this position was the time away from home. A positive part of this position was being able to physically see your work efforts at the end of the project.
Great people
Scaffold Builder,Foreman (Former Employee), Hopewell, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Great people lots of hours some co workers will teach its about who you know at this job
Good work experience and great company to work for.
Accounting/Payroll (Former Employee), Fulton, ARJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: learning different work ethics from co-workers.
Cons: having to travel so far for work
Started my day by inputting time for all craft employees. Ran all required reports for project manager. Mondays were very long days due to payroll needing to be completed on schedule. Enjoyed helping all craft with any questions they had about their paychecks.

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more

CB&I Salaries