CB&I Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 2, 2017
I loved working for cb&i .pay was great,nice environment even tho it was outside.supervisor was fair never singled no one out,everyone was treated the same.great benefits
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rainouts
The most enjoyable part of the job
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LA 70645November 1, 2017
I love when you take that customer who has just had it and are at the point of giving up and you turn then around to a happy customer that is ready to give you another chance.

As a CSR I love helping people. I enjoy the feeling of turning someone’s frustration of complications into a sigh of relief. To let them know, ” Hey, I got you :)”

I love it when a connection is made with a happy satisfied customer.

I love the opportunity to make a connection with people. How awesome is it when in the end there’s a good connection made regardless of whether the issue was solved or not. There have been times where the issue was a little more challenging than expected but through troubleshooting and what not, there was great rapport established between both parties.

I love being able to assist a customer and satisfy their needs.
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 1, 2017
Everything is safety 1st, I lean how to work safe around moving equipment, how to do all civil work, nice place to work, there was nothing hard about the job because I love what I do I can only get better
great learning job
NCCER Plus Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCOctober 31, 2017
Great place to learn new jobs and and experance. Lots of overtime. Pay was good. bad job planning. Overhead was way to high. would work there again if they start back up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To much paper work
great place to start a career
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
A typical day at work is around 8 hours. Learning is dependent on the project assignment as well as the team. Workplace environment is pretty balanced. The hardest part is -once in a while the deadlines seem very difficult to reach and it requires a lot of patience and focus to get there. The most enjoyable part is the diversity makes it a fun place to work at.
Productive Workplace
Project Controls Specialist/Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 30, 2017
A great place to work that presented different challenges every day. Great people to work with. A place where you have many chances to advance your career
Cons
long distance to and from work
Management unable to communicate to employees in a management level
LOTO Supervisor/Electrical Commissioning Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAOctober 29, 2017
Unfortunately management does not have a way to communicate to each employee with respect. Constant threat of whether or not one will have a job on a daily basis. No matter how hard would do your work, it is never good enough. Thank you is not necessary but acknowledgment of some type of an incentive would boost the moral of all hard working men and women.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
constant unknown if employeed on a daily basis
Enjoyed my time, but time to move on
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXOctober 27, 2017
Overall fine place to work. Got to be involved in some interesting projects over the last couple of years and learned a lot. In the last year, the environment has become stressful and de-motivating due to the state of the organization.
Pros
compensation
Cons
management and opportunities for advancement
Inflexible Corporate Culture, Gross Mismanagement.
Technology Analyst II, Global Incident Management (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 25, 2017
The company was overzealous in its bids and acquisitions resulting in near scrapes with bankruptcy. This organizaiton is much like other large companies that I have worked for. The compensation package was good but the company suffers from poor leadership up and down the org chart. Processes are not documented and treatment of employees is not consistent as a result.

CB&I is trying to improve, and it is long overdue. For example, the company is 125 years old and has just recently begun to create an employee survey to determine worker happiness and needs.
Pros
Large Organization Resources
Cons
Poor Worker Treatment.
not a bad place to work for the money.
Labor Foreman (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 25, 2017
company is good about keeping you busy. but they don't give opertunity for advancement. And no holiday or vacation pay. They are real good with the safety standards and good to supply the right safety PPE.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no chance to improvement
productive
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 25, 2017
it was a great work environment. we worked really hard to complete our task for the week. we would have weekends off if we were up to date on our task.
Is a good company to work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 25, 2017
They are good but they going to close pretty soon after the beginning of the year like March but they tell everyone to start looking for a different job
Cons
15 min break 30 min lunch
A decent place to work
Project Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2017
A decent place to work, although work was sparse. The morale wasn't very high because the inability to have the projects run very successfully. Everyone worked hard and the engineers and construction workers were as good as I've worked with but the management wasn't up to the task.
Benefits
Cons
Morale
Close to my house
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 24, 2017
It was great, the pay was good and my indirect boss was a good person, I learned a lot working there- Unsafe work environment- Layoffs without warning.
Fun place to work and peaceful
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  LouisianaOctober 24, 2017
Had a great experience there at cb&I met a lot of good people at that company great friendship and I learn more about my craft and some of other crafts if I have a chance to go back I will not think twice
Pros
Met good people
Cons
Na
Good company could use Organizational Imporvements
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LAOctober 24, 2017
Company lacked some basic organization in the field but overall a good company to work for. The benefits offered were affordable and some of the best coverage I've had.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Field Organizations
Unstable work place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 24, 2017
The company has alot of foremen and supervisors that do not know what is going on at all. The HR feels that every employee is always in the wrong. Even when employees have evidence that they are in the right. Manufacturing employees are treated unfairly by every white hat in the building. Paid holidays are a joke. The entire company is a joke. It's shutting the doors on March 31st 2017.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company. Seriously.
Daily Experience
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAOctober 23, 2017
Upon arrival we would locate our equipment do a inspection report on equipment. Then attend a safety meeting. Our supervisor would then give us our designated work area for the day.
productive, long, hard, hours overnight
Union Laborer (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INOctober 22, 2017
Management is pretty disconnected with the local union hands. They do however put alot of emphasis on safety, which is both good and bad for production. They seemed to put too much into their safety program which most of the time seemed to halt production on the job at hand. Great pay and benefits but no time off.
work was work
Civil Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LAOctober 21, 2017
Construction life is different if your use to the corporate world. Long day and short nights. We were charged for company housing so thats a con. But they did provide transport to and from work. I did enjoy my time there and my work as a field engineer. But the management was was always changing what they wanted and needed.
Pros
transportation to and from work
Cons
layoffs are unexpected so be prepared