CB&I Employee Reviews

Working at CB&I
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDJune 3, 2015
I enjoy working at CB&I. They've taught me multiple things such as driving a roller, haul truck. I get along with my co-workers and my supervisors very well.
productive cwi inspector
Inspector (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 24, 2015
Resourceful and reliable quality control and certified welding inspector with over 10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Backed by strong credentials and a proven history of on-time, on-budget and high-quality project completions. Strong team member, equally successful working in small or large groups. Clear communicator with interpersonal skills to work effectively with coworkers, management, and customers.
Willing to Travel.
Communicate with many people from all of the mid - west and central United States. Offer the best deals to get the order.
Business Development Rep III (Current Employee), Sapulpa, OKMay 18, 2015
I have learned many new skills by working in this postition of Business Development Rep 3. Customer's call for price and delivery on stainless/chrome pipe and fittings. If the price is good they send the order in. If we do not have what they need, we will find it for them.
Productive Fast Paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Clearfield,UTMay 12, 2015
Pros: Daily Challenges.
Cons: Demands made to meet commitments.
Fast paced & demanding.
Steel types, shipping and safety environments.
Hard working management & very dedicated.
Good co-workers.
How demanding it is. I take it personal if we don't meet the numbers.
My Co workers are the best part of my job.
Good place to work if your young
Full Time 40+hrs. per week (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMay 10, 2015
Very good job, fun people to work around. I work a schedule of 4/10s from 6:30 to 5:00, and have Fridays off every week. That is pretty much it.
Great Company
Mechanical Field Engineer (Current Employee), Jenkinsville, SCMay 5, 2015
Great project to work on. Operating nuclear plant. Had to work within schedule and under budget. Company took care of their employees and rewarded them for working efficiently and safely
CB&I is a great company to work for
Technical Logistics Lead Alaska LNG (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 3, 2015
I came to CB&I because of the advancement possibilities. CB&I has State Side and International positions. The teams are knowledgeable and dedicated in a common goal.
A great starting position.
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), Baton rouge, louisianaApril 28, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: Pay
It's a great place to get some beginning experience. I had great coworkers and decent managers. I just wish there was more opportunities for advancement.
Everything was ok until they decided to shake things up
Business Analyst (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 27, 2015
I really liked working here once I hit my stride (about 3 years in). I had a good relationship with my manager, team and other people I interacted with. Everything changed when my manager was no longer my manager and then the whole IT group was moved to another state. Bummer..
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Delcambre, LAApril 23, 2015
My job duties were to keep track of employees time. Everyday I would have to make sure they would clock in and out at the correct times and make sure that all of their information was entered correctly weekly. I would issue checks and submit payments to their accounts.
Productive place to work at. Employees are respectful and show professionalism in attitude.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch and learns. When you are in a busy mode you recieve a free lunch.
Cons: Compensation of pay should be rewarded more often with experience.
While employed at Chicago Bridge and Iron I developed new and improved skills that would take me to another level in upper management. Learn new things in the work place is something I enjoy adapting to.
I was manager over time sheets, making sure sheets are accurately entered on a timely basis. Working with a department of professional coworkers who are open to assist. For instant, coverage when any one of us was out of the office. Learning new software is another issue that requires help at any point in time.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours to complete the task at hand. The best part of this job is assisting and training a new employee that come aboard.
Not much advancement for women
Program Management (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly
Cons: lacks in Professional environment
Still an old Construction company in its various companies. Needs to become more updated to 21st Century. Not much leadership and direction from management due to constant changes in organization.
Nice place to work. Nice people.
Estimator, Project Manager, Field Eng & Planner (Former Employee), Goodyear, ArizonaApril 20, 2015
Good place to work, always learning something new. Very technical oriented work. New and exciting things each day. You never get bored. Learned new computer programs. Management was very nice and yet professional.
Good company to work for
Senior Decontamination Technician (Former Employee), Glen Rose, TXApril 16, 2015
Good safety culture, care about their employees, and improving with each job I have worked on. Management has definitely improved in area that were lacking.
nice place to work for
Parts & Inventory (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 16, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: management needed to improve
nice place to work...i loved it here but alot of people had some problems with management. but i heard that things got better over there with managment. alot of people that use to be there are no longer there anymore.
This is a good company to work with. This company eventually bought lot of technologies.
Principal Process Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Good standards for typical day to day work. The company is capable of handling small to big projects. Learned a lot. Had a fantastic supervisor who was very experienced both in refineries, gas processing and ethylene technology.
Nice place to work
Instrument Fitter (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 12, 2015
CB&I was a great place to work. I was able to learn a lot in a short time frame due to it not being a permanent job. I would have like to work in my field with this company.
It is a good company to work for.
Construction Field Engineer 4 - Planner (Current Employee), Glen Rose, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: contract was shortened.
I was accepted in and trained without anyone felling like I was in the way. I continually learned something everyday. I am a planner. They have jobs available to go anywhere.
Great job. Excellent benefits.
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 7, 2015
Pros: I have my own office and can work independtly.
Cons: Long drive to and from work
I love what I do. Every day when I get to work I check the phone messages, poll the time clock and run the time reports for the supervision so that they can do their timesheets. I pick up timesheets on a daily basis and enter them into the system. I check my docusphere for new invoices that need to be processed so that I can bill the client. I check my p-card daily to keep up with purchases made and where each one is charged to. I run weekly reports for the client. I bill monthly, so I have to make sure that any thing that is reimbursable is ready to be billed. I also help all of our employees with any problems they have concerning HR and benefits. I make sure each new employee has a benefits package and a time clock badge. I enter and balance time weekly.
hurry up and wait
Journeyman Rigger (Former Employee), Jenkinsville, SCApril 2, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, nobody rushing you
Cons: extremely boring, excessive use of anti monkrey butt powder
a thousand grand a week to play hide and seek, the hardest part of the day here was trying to stay awake, oh and the fact that by the end of the day my dang
legs were killing me from riding the clock