CB&I Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
CB&I was a great place to work. Great diverse culture, and courteous management. I highly recommend this company.

Great health benefits.
Location was convenient

Parking was convenient
Pros
great location, awesome health insurance
Huge company
Civil Planner (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 18, 2016
Being on projects only, and 2 at that, they are too large to rate overall. But have been impressed with ethics and safety culture. Benefits are fair and normal, pay for nuclear work is average for this industry.
Our decommissioning team here has been cohesive and very well melded. Hope to work with them on another D & D project.
1St technical design job!
ELECTRICAL DESIGN TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMarch 22, 2016
Great experience, everyone was friendly and helpful. I learned a lot and they educated me on things that I needed to know for real world work experience. My lead electrical engineer manager was the best manager I had at eny previous job I worked. He cared about his employees. I recommend this company for anyone looking to get into the nuclear/fossil industry. And the start out salary with me being entry-level was higher than anywhere else!!!
Pros
SALARY, WORK ENVIORMENT, CONTINUING EDUCATION-ON-THE-JOB, SAFETY
Cons
SLOW PRODUCTIVITY, REPETITIVE
Great Job
LDAR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJune 6, 2016
Good job and pay.
Poor management bad communication and managements have there favorites.Easy job and great place to work not everybody there for you two-face another then that great job.
Pros
Give breaks.
Cons
Great benefits.
Good Job site and hardworking people
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXJune 21, 2016
Loved working there, good place to work and make good money with nice benefits and possibilities. Clock in time was decent and Clock out time was good as well , i would definitely work there again .
Great job while it lasted
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2016
The two projects I worked on were great to work on, but wished there was more. I would like to have the opportunity to work with CB&I again.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Did not last long enough
I learned a lot I was with CDI from a few years after I graduated till 2007
Welder and Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2016
In the first few years I had a lot of training on doing construction
of vessels such as water tanks, steel building and later nuclear
projects. I traveled and worked all over the United States. I was a
pusher, a welder, and in later year a superintendent. I had great co-
workers some who were family. I meet a lot of wonderful people
and their families and we worked and traveled together for years.
The hardest part of the job was so much traveling. The most
enjoyable was working with some very intelligent people and
learning. CBI provided continuous training and there was opportunity
for advancement.
Pros
good pay, benefits and advancement
Cons
Working in hard conditions snow, hot, cold, wet and the work was very dangerous.
CB&I Great Company with room for Advancement
Project Accountant/Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZApril 20, 2016
This company provided me with great advancement opportunities, and a good salary. Started out as an Executive Assistant and worked my way up to Project Accountant in a short amount of time.
Productive Workplace
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Excellent company full of professionals who are focused and motivated to complete projects. Management is helpful and provide resources to those who request it or would like to advance their personal careers.
Contract Project Accountant
Contract Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Time Keeping / Payroll position. Good company to work for, little room for advancement, long days. Management was great to work with, very kind people and very understanding.
Excellent experience for first professional job
Compliance/Fabrication Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time at CB&I very much. I appreciated the professionalism of working at a nuclear facility and most of my coworkers, supervisors and managers were very genuine and kind. When I was given daily tasks and objectives I enjoyed prioritizing and being able to work at my own pace. For group projects, I was fond of organizing and assigning different tasks for everyone as well as overcoming obstacles suspected and unforeseen.
Pros
Longer lunches, feasible work hours, understanding supervision
Cons
Inexperienced management, HR discrepancies
A good company to start out with
Process Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
Paid overtime means a better work life balance, as the company is incentivized to not overwork you (although there are definitely crunch times, as in any project based company). Work experience can vary greatly from project to project depending on the personalities of the individual managers and clients.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Can have a lot of drama
Good place to work if you like long hours
QC Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 4, 2017
CB&I paid well and expected employees to keep up to date with certifications and latest changes. They provided access to earn certifications in all areas necessary to perform your assigned tasks. Had to work long hours but was compensated well.
Its a job
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saraland, ALApril 26, 2016
Poor benefits, and low pay. You have to watch you back everyday. People starting drama every chance they can find... They look at what they think you're not doing instead of acknowledging hard work you accomplish.
Pros
Puts food on the table
Cons
Low pay poor benefits.....
Commercial weld shop that converted to Nuclear
NDT II Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 7, 2016
This is a good company to work for. They have lost all of the contracts for the nuclear work but continue to thrive in the industrial world.
Pros
Great Location, Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture
A committed and forward thinking organization.
Senior Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
Because of the variety of projects, there are opportunities to gain experience in a variety of skills. The management is professional and are always sensitive to employee issues which maintains a high morale.
Pros
Consistancy in management guidelines that define any issue.
Cons
Occasional overlap between departments creates confusion.
Rod Buster (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Great job great environment very good management and all coworks was also nice and able to get along with others. Days start early then straight to work two 15 minute breaks one hour break you also ride the transportation bus.from parking lot to job dite which when getting off its a little stuffy but this job in a whole is an awesome place to be employed.
Challenging and rewarding employment
Environmental Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 21, 2016
I was previously employed as an Environmental Scientist with Chicago Bridge & Iron (formerly the Shaw Group) working with the Environmental & Infrastructure Group in Houston, Texas. I have over 18 years of environmental experience. I participated in numerous hazardous waste site investigations and remedial activities at industrial, commercial and government facilities in the Southern and Northeastern US and Guam. My responsibilities included the preparation of various environmental reports, remedial construction oversight and hazardous waste disposal, as well as the management of field activities during groundwater and soil investigations. I have supervised the operations associated with Mobile Disaster Recovery Centers in selected counties affected by Hurricane Rita in Texas and Hurricane Whilma in Florida. I am proficient in using ArcGIS tools for GIS planning tasks on multiple residential and commercial sites as well. I previously provided support as the Quality Control Lead for several smelter sites in the Southwestern US. This entailed the thorough review of all field-related documentation.
Pros
Great team work with interesting projects
Cons
Juggling family with work
Great place just too many 70 hr work weeks. No time for family.
Combo welder (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 27, 2016
All in all good place just be ready to have no home life. 60 to 70hrs weekly tho if you have to miss work for kids they dont say anything. Very good about that.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
good hard work
Top Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, TXNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy where i work, always look forward to working focusing on sharpening my technical skills,
troubleshooting, overhauls, installations, adjustments and repairs on a variety of electronic equipment.
As a team player my goal is to grow with this company and further my education to hopefully one day step up into a Management position.
Pros
the pay
Cons
away from my family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CB&I. Our community is ready to answer.