CB&I

CB&I Employer Reviews

positive work enviroment .
Process Engineer/Nuclear (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 4, 2014
Pros: continous training cbt and skill development
Cons: health care
the best company I worked for ,work Knowlege and envirorment and work culture Great!!
Corrective Action Program Manager (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 4, 2014
Worked with good, knowledgeable people. Management was constantly changing.
CB&I-LC It's a great company to work at.
Corrective Action Analysis (Current Employee), Lake Charles,LAJune 2, 2014
Pros: great company!
The co-worker and management is great to work with, I'm trying to re-locate back to mobile,AL my kids and grand kids of their. and I would like to get to know my grand-kids better!
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE
pipe fitter helper (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAMay 5, 2014
GREAT MANAGEMENT, GOOD HELPFUL CO-WORKERS JUST A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Safety is First
General Foreman / Safety Rep. (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch when we work weekends
Cons: always short handed
Great place to work! Team work is great in the work area, everyone is helpful. Hardest part of the job is the heat, weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work for CB&I.
A good way to make a decent amount of money if you are single. If you have a family at home be very cautious because this job offers little home time
Fitter (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard work in extreme weather conditions and no home time.
CB&I is a very reputable company and I have enjoyed my time here. I love the money that I make but I love my family more and I am seeking employment closer to home so that I can spend more time with my wife and kids.
Productive work place
Welder (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work consist of welding under a foreman and supervisor. I learned many different ways to weld. The hardest part of this job was being away from my family and only being able to see them one day weekly. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to advance in welding.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the associates
Cons: lack of communication with management, no leadership, no managers with management capabilities.
Zero communication within management, No leadership, most managers just covering their own jobs. Very cliqish.
Enjoyed working with people.
Record & Information Management Technician (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJApril 7, 2014
Handled documents.
Learned "Documentum", filing, distributing docs.
Good
Enjoyable working with co-worker.
Great retirement home and employees, but Oxy managers think they're better than you.
BOILERMAKER (Former Employee), Pasadena TxApril 7, 2014
Pros: great co workers, all the free time in the world.
Cons: managers
Great place to be, but the manager was a joke. Had no idea how to run a simple operation.
Great steady Job
Labor Helper (Former Employee), Walker, LAApril 5, 2014
Pros: great tools to use and great people to work with
Everything was great about the job. The people was great. The only tough part about the job was stress about how I was going to move big pipes around.
HMGP- Hurricane work
Community Outreach Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: healthcare costs and coverage, drama, no ot and low pay, 2% raises if youre lucky
HR rep certainly not very helpful. Especially if u are a white male. Also hired someone as a Construction Lead for the project after he had been booted off 3 other projects. This after finding out he has a judgement against him in another parish for trying to bilk on an old woman out of 100k. Now hes in NY on a hurricane project up there. When the project – more... ends they set u out with the trash at the curb. Run! – less
Oustanding leadership.
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee), Hopewell, VAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: very flexible with your time.
Cons: n/a
Stay very busy, great group to work with, and very helpful. Learn more and nore each day.
Not a bad place to work
Project Cost Scheduler (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: easy atmosphere, good management
Cons: jobs not that security after program
Got on with Hurricane Sandy for the New York Rapid Repair Program. Worked there for a year and for months now the project is ending and I am low man on the Todem pole. Pretty good for a first gig, pretty good pay with overtime in the beginning but things got real study. Was just a little adjusting and it got better when I got the rental car to get to – more... work. Just do your job and nobody messes with you. – less
Comfortable environment
AR/AP Clerk III/ Project Accountant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 4, 2014
Easy environment, business oriented, good management and co-workers
Great Place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee), Prairieville, LAFebruary 12, 2014
Geat place for security in your job. I learned alot about being a good mechanic. Great atmosphere.
A good place to work.
Senior Electrical Lead Design Engineer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: company lunch room and good engineering tools.
Cons: healthcare
A good place to work and had plenty o9f engineering tools but no training.
TMI was a good place to work but CB&I is unorganized.
Daily / Outage Scheduler (Former Employee), Middletown, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: job length, leadership inexpeience, working 50 to 60hrs/week for 6 months prior to th outage work
Started each day with updating the TMI Daily Online Schedule using P3, updating the "Plan Of the Day" & sending it to CB&I corporate, attending daily "T" meetings to organize then schedule work for upcoming work weeks, inputting daily schedule progress and changes, attend the Daily Schedule Meeting with Work Week Manager to give the latest schedule – more... work status.

When not working on the Daily Online Schedule, I was responsible for the inputting, scheduling and levelizing all Refueling outage scaffolding and Containment shielding using P6 along with running special reports & graphs.

CB&I's upper management at TMI was new to their perspective positions and struggled at times contradicting their directions several times. This made my job very difficult because they did not really know what they wanted from me which lead to re-work over and over. CB&I was also responsible for cutting the contract support budget by almost 25%, so we had to cut everything to the bone. The schedule was very, very tight and schedule adherence was almost impossible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I got to work with, they were great and always there to help. – less
what i think
overhead crane operator/rigger (Former Employee), lake charlesJanuary 31, 2014
i worked at cb&i for almost 2 years as a rigger/crane operator, ive seen lots of people come and go, it a great place to work, work got slow and that had a 60% layoff but other then that its a grreat place
Great place to work. A wealth of knowledge in the nuclear fabrication field.
QC Inspector (Former Employee), Addis, LAJanuary 31, 2014
Great, long, productive days at work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that what we have made today is buliding a better tomorrow for America.

About CB&I

CB&I is one of the world's leading EPC companies, specializing in lump-sum turnkey projects for customers that produce, process, – Read more