CB&I Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere work site
INDUSTRAIL IRON WORKER (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 14, 2017
there was a big change when CB&I was bought out at the VC Summer plant.Our management changed a lot a that time.I was looking to be at that job site for a loge time ,but we all see what happen.A company can in and everything got on fast tract and went out the roof.No one had a idea that something like this would happen. Seen a lot of stuff happen in construction but nothing like that.
Best place so for that i have found in SHREVEPORT la area
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 14, 2017
Just a nice place to work with a lot of different people very friendly. And very good pay for people in the SHREVEPORT la area .The most that I like about this job is the pay and no stress here.
Pros
Good pay and family time off on weekend's
Cons
Sometimes you get dirty
Safety is Not important
Safety Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2017
My safety manager was very unqualified to do the job she had and constantly created anger among employees by belittling them. Made it very hard for me to build a positive safety culture. I was required to often give up weekends and was a salary employee.
Pros
employees were very nice and hard working
Cons
Safety Manager was incompetent yet never held accountable.
friendly environment, employees
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2017
No room for growth......
No job security.......
No recognition for hard work....
No advancement...
layoffs every week...
Pros
decent hours
Cons
they do not value dedication to your job, no employee recognition, incentives etc
safe and productive work place
Structural Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 13, 2017
safety meeting everyday, management is fair, great safety culture, long hours are the hardest at the end of the da
Pros
competive salary and safe workplace
Cons
a little ways from home
Fast pace
Lead man /electrical maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 12, 2017
Safety is priority ,production is fast pace. Supervision has no respect for you craft.Electrican or under paid. Maintenence Manger don't buy material needed to do the job.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 10, 2017
Do your job and they will bump you up as deserved. Big on safety, easy to work for. Can be a little quick paced and might rush a bit but make sure their people are taken care of.
Pros
Will occasionally do cookouts for the site.
Cons
No breaks.
Blessing in disguise
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTNovember 10, 2017
It never seems like you are good enough for higher management. Especially if you are a woman or in a relationship with another worker - even though most of them are related to some or most there.
I did learn a lot of useful tools and programs while working there but it felt like the expectations they had weren't very realistic with the time and tools they allowed me to use.
I didn't intend to leave but, after being laid off, I have already had more time with my family and less stress in the last month, than I have had in the last 2 years so perhaps it's the best thing.
Pros
Good pay, it was a job I could count on for a while, Met some amazing people, from all walks of life. It probably progressed me patience, a lot.
Cons
Being set up to fail, insurance isn't great for what we pay, no PTO, and being "volun-told" for over time with no appreciation is tough.
A good company
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTNovember 10, 2017
A good union shop.A typical day involved operating an angle shear.I learned how to operate several machines.Management was fair.Workplace culture was professional.Hardest part dealing with the union.Most enjoyable part was many benefits.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
Union beauracracy
Great place to work!
Procurement Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2017
CB&I is a great place to work. I've been fortunately to have encountered some great managers and leads, folks that support knowledge growth and experience.
Right now, there is simply no work on the books and CB&I is forced to layoff many workers and this makes for a stressful environment right now.
Once work flow improves, I'm sure CB&I will, once again, be one of the top contenders in the industry.

Want to know more about CB&I?

Ask a question
I would work there again if I was offered another position with the company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 8, 2017
This was great place to work, the only problems there was no job security!! You didn't know if you were going to have a job one day to the next!! This is a construction company everything is fast paced and you have to move quickly and everything has to be accurate and in point so nothing messes up!! Other than that the pay is fair.. per diem helps a lot.. and no paid vacation time
High turn over in upper management, did not seem prepared for the project
Expeditor of all materials/ PTW coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LA 70665November 6, 2017
very stressful on a daily basis
no consistency
no advancement
improper compensation for the work being done
always had issues with checks
safety culture was good as far as safety advisers, upper management was always an issue
Stressful place to work
Sr. Civil/Structural Designer 3D (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Micro management and no work on the horizon has all employees on edge. Employees are escorted out (laid off) of the building on a daily basis with no advanced notice.
Acquired by Westinghouse
Director (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 5, 2017
CB&I nuclear division acquired by Westinghouse, who formed subsidiary WECTEC. CB&I and Westinghouse consortium partnership was a failure. When I arrived Westinghouse was already in process of acquiring CB&I
Not a bad job
Pipe Foreman (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 4, 2017
Too much paperwork. Forms to get red barricade tags? Really? Working conditions good. Supervision adequate. Job has inherent lack of stability. Craft people lack adequate knowledge to perform tasks.
Good people but management needs help
Senior Trainer and Commissioning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
I would work for CBI again as a company. However there are certain managers I would not work for again. Benefits were better than average in my opinion. It was ashame that the project was managed so poorly that thousands had to be laid off.
Pros
Good people
Cons
My middle manager unqualified to hold his position
Best place to work at.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Best place to work at. The work environment is great. Continuously learning new things and enhancing skills all the time. Training programs available for growth.
Productive place to work
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 2, 2017
I loved working for cb&i .pay was great,nice environment even tho it was outside.supervisor was fair never singled no one out,everyone was treated the same.great benefits
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rainouts
The most enjoyable part of the job
Timekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hackberry, LA 70645November 1, 2017
I love when you take that customer who has just had it and are at the point of giving up and you turn then around to a happy customer that is ready to give you another chance.

As a CSR I love helping people. I enjoy the feeling of turning someone’s frustration of complications into a sigh of relief. To let them know, ” Hey, I got you :)”

I love it when a connection is made with a happy satisfied customer.

I love the opportunity to make a connection with people. How awesome is it when in the end there’s a good connection made regardless of whether the issue was solved or not. There have been times where the issue was a little more challenging than expected but through troubleshooting and what not, there was great rapport established between both parties.

I love being able to assist a customer and satisfy their needs.
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Hackberry, LANovember 1, 2017
Everything is safety 1st, I lean how to work safe around moving equipment, how to do all civil work, nice place to work, there was nothing hard about the job because I love what I do I can only get better